CAG Gran Turismo 5 [CAG Race Night - Now Sundays at 6PM PST!]

We'll make them up as we go I'd imagine, but I'm hoping for our (now) usual 635PP race on HSP, 4 laps. Hope to see everyone at 9 PM EST tonight :)

I'll have the room up around 8:45 PM EST. Potential race lineup below;

Secret Custom Track of Mine..., 3 laps - Karts
Tokyo Reverse, 2 laps - Recommended Classic Car (to be decided)
Suzuka Circuit East Course, 5 laps - 635pp
Special Stage Route 7, 2 laps - 700pp (Boost on high)

Socom and this are happening at roughly the same time. I'll see where I end up, I may just crash early since I've been working since Monday.

Hmm, picture isn't showing

4i0cgy.jpg

There we go

Try imageshack.us

Also, fun races tonight. 4 people in total, would love to increase that to 6-8 but overall, still fun :) That last race was especially close, with Natty taking the win by a mere 0.007 seconds! Will try to post pictures tomorrow.

[quote name='SynGamer']Try imageshack.us

Also, fun races tonight. 4 people in total, would love to increase that to 6-8 but overall, still fun :) That last race was especially close, with Natty taking the win by a mere 0.007 seconds! Will try to post pictures tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

That's what you get for blocking me;)

I have this coming in the mail. Is there a particular name I should add to my PSN?

I wont be able to do next week, but Sundays at 6PM tend to work out well since my GF always wants to be home to watch wedding shows.

Add mine, j-cart, natural_defect, etc. Anyone near the top of the list in the first post should do :)

Do you have a mic? It's not required but preferred and you'll be missing out on all the lulz without one ;)

In case you missed them(like me) there are new time trials(and drift) this week. You have to scroll all the way to the right past all the seasonals to find them. You get an additional 1 million cr for getting gold as well as new helmets and firesuits.

If you are stuggling like I did here are the cars I used:

Nurburgring 24 : Camaro LM Race Car
Indy: McLaren F1

Also, I don't have duplicate helmets or firesuits yet but if I do I'll offer them to whoever wants them. The new seasonals will let you keep winning them everytime you meet the requirements

I do have a mic, but I wont be able to play for two weeks. My game wont be here until Monday and I forgot I have to go out of town next weekend. I will add some of you and maybe we can get some races in in the meantime.

Relatively safe to say that we aren't running tonight? It's possible I can make it, but unlikely. Just figured I'd check... If so, I'll start jumping through hoops to get everything set up. If not, I can watch more Top Gear instead. :)

[quote name='smthng']Relatively safe to say that we aren't running tonight? It's possible I can make it, but unlikely. Just figured I'd check... If so, I'll start jumping through hoops to get everything set up. If not, I can watch more Top Gear instead. :)[/QUOTE]

Smthng, you're alive! I'm always up for racing so long as there are at least 3-4 people. If Natural, DC, and perhaps Bear say they'll show up I'll be there. We could recycle the race list from last week (with some tweaks if requested).

Don't bank on me being competitive... I'm fighting over a single TV and don't know if I'll win. I also have nothing tuned up. Still, if I can make it, I'll be happy to scrape
Some paint.

Most of the cars should be in your garage already, and we're using a couple of recommended I think. Just sent out another batch of PM's.

EDIT: My minimum is at least 3 racers, otherwise there's no point.

If it is OK with everyone, I have a few PlayStation forum friends who would like to join tonight. Completely up to my fellow CAGs.

Good races guys. Been in and out, but I had time today, glad I made it. It was good to see 9 of us show up. I'll get some pictures up tomorrow, however I did forget to save the 2nd race (trans am race) so if someone saved that replay, take some pics.

Great races last night guys. Some of most fun I've had on GT5 to-date. I must admit, having a room full of 9-10 people is far, FAR better than our usual 4-5. I'll be sure to keep sending out PM's early Sunday morning if I remember.

To that, please chime in with track and car combinations for next weeks races. Aside from Special Stage 14, we try to keep races around 5 minutes.

I think it's safe to say I've become unavailable until this Summer heat ends. I'm hoping it gets hotter personally, I need the money.

I am trying to save up the $10M to unlock the trophy, but I just noticed there is a F! style car in the online dealership right now. My understanding is that those cars are hard to come by, should I buy it now or am I safe waiting a bit?

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']I am trying to save up the $10M to unlock the trophy, but I just noticed there is a F! style car in the online dealership right now. My understanding is that those cars are hard to come by, should I buy it now or am I safe waiting a bit?[/QUOTE]
F1 or the Formula GT?

the 2 F1 cars are Ferrari's and in the new car dealership and can't be used in any race in A/B spec. They can only be used for practice or online or in the 1 seasonal event they put out for them.

The Formula GT on the other had you need for one of the events career mode. However, it's in the online dealership all the time and might be discounted right now. So you can wait unless you need it right now for the Formula GT events

[quote name='SynGamer']To that, please chime in with track and car combinations for next weeks races. Aside from Special Stage 14, we try to keep races around 5 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Race tonight? I think I'll have a decent connection, as I'm headed to my folks for the holiday.

Suggestions:
Kei's on London - 4 laps
WRX vs Evo on a snow track - 3 laps

[quote name='bearhawk72']the 2 F1 cars are Ferrari's and in the new car dealership and can't be used in any race in A/B spec. They can only be used for practice or online or in the 1 seasonal event they put out for them.
[/QUOTE]

Urm... there are some of the A and B spec races that you can run the F1 cars. A lot of the later races have no limits on cars. Heck, I give my B-Spec drivers the Red Bull and throw them on an endurance race when I need cash. ;) Note: They'll destroy it, make sure you don't mind having it completely trashed before you follow my lead on this

That being said... the F1 cars are seriously hard to drive. They're super twitchy. Also, any car from the UCD or Online dealership will probably need an engine and chassis rebuild. On a car as expensive as the F1s, that'll cost 1 million. So, unless it's a REALLY good sale, you're probably better off waiting until you can snag one from the new car dealer. I think one of the F1's is a prize car as well (ticket 24 I think), so you might just end up with one if you finish the careers anyway.

[quote name='smthng']Also, any car from the UCD or Online dealership will probably need an engine and chassis rebuild. On a car as expensive as the F1s, that'll cost 1 million. So, unless it's a REALLY good sale...[/QUOTE]

Ack... I just read saw the price on another site. Forget everything I've said and BUY IT! :)

Schwing! Just jumped up to check the online dealership... they had the last Lancer Rally car I needed! I've now got only 8 cars left to complete the entire collection. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='smthng']Race tonight? I think I'll have a decent connection, as I'm headed to my folks for the holiday.

Suggestions:
Kei's on London - 4 laps
WRX vs Evo on a snow track - 3 laps[/QUOTE]

I'm up for some racing tonight. I'll send out the reminder PMs a bit later today. As far as race suggestions I was hoping we could finally have that Tacoma race...not sure who has it, but I think I have 2 so I might be able to gift one to someone.

[quote name='smthng']Urm... there are some of the A and B spec races that you can run the F1 cars. A lot of the later races have no limits on cars. Heck, I give my B-Spec drivers the Red Bull and throw them on an endurance race when I need cash. ;) Note: They'll destroy it, make sure you don't mind having it completely trashed before you follow my lead on this

That being said... the F1 cars are seriously hard to drive. They're super twitchy. Also, any car from the UCD or Online dealership will probably need an engine and chassis rebuild. On a car as expensive as the F1s, that'll cost 1 million. So, unless it's a REALLY good sale, you're probably better off waiting until you can snag one from the new car dealer. I think one of the F1's is a prize car as well (ticket 24 I think), so you might just end up with one if you finish the careers anyway.[/QUOTE]
I think you are confusing the Ferrari F1 cars with the Formula GT. Formula GT can be used in any race with open requirements.

If you even click on A or B Spec with the Ferrari F10 '10 or the F2007 you get the message "Ferari F1 can only be used for one-make race for the Ferrari F1"

I'm down for a Taco race... Cape Ring? I've got a spare I can gift and probably another I can share, but I have no clue what I've already done to them. ;)

Bear, you may be right about my confusion, it's happened before. :S

[quote name='smthng']I'm down for a Taco race... Cape Ring? I've got a spare I can gift and probably another I can share, but I have no clue what I've already done to them. ;)

Bear, you may be right about my confusion, it's happened before. :S[/QUOTE]

I'll boot up the game before getting on to see what I actually have. We'll see, otherwise we'll find a very quirky car in the recommended list and use that ;)

bread's done
Back