CAG Health and Fitness Thread

Ok, this made my week. So a ghost from my past saw me for the first time in a few months and was shocked at how I looked. Oh man, was that so worth eating healthy and working out again.

[quote name='KingDox']Ok, this made my week. So a ghost from my past saw me for the first time in a few months and was shocked at how I looked. Oh man, was that so worth eating healthy and working out again.[/quote]

ooo if only my ex could see me now :twisted:, I am not ripped, but have lost the weight I had the last time she saw me.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Anyone have any good lower ab workouts? Trying to get my lower abs more defined. The top 4 are off the hook but the bottom's are just too hard to work on.[/quote]

If you are fairly comfortable with regular back squats already, give barbell front squats a try. Throw 3 sets of those in to your leg workout every week and I can 100% guarantee ripped abs, no boring crunches required.

ricknub: I finished your proposed workout schedule. If you decide to follow it, let me know how it goes. I just made it a 3 day push-pull split with a separate day for legs.

[FONT=&quot]Push-Pull Workout[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Monday- Legs[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Barbell Squat- 4 sets 5-7 reps[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Front Squat- 3 sets 6-8[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Deadlift- 4 sets 5-7[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Leg Curl- 3 sets 10-12[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Calf-Raises- 3 sets 20 reps[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wednesday- Push[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Push Press- 4 sets 5-7 reps[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Bench Press- 4 sets 5-7 reps[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Dumbell Incline Press- 3 sets 6-8[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Dips- 3 sets to failure (can also attach weight plate for weighted dips)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Friday- Pull[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Cleans- 4 sets 5-7 reps[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Pullups- 4 sets to failure (alternate with Lat Pulldowns- 4 sets 6-8)[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Single-arm dumbbell rows- 3 sets 6-8[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Incline dumbbell curls- 3 sets 10-12[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]*Perform core exercises if you have time on workout days , or on Tuesdays and Thursdays[/FONT]
If you have any questions regarding this workout, just post it on here or shoot me a PM and I can get back to you quicker.

Thanks, EDiddy, I really appreciate it. I'll be starting this routine on Monday, and I'll do core exercises and/or some cardio on Tuesdays and Thursdays (most likely core stuff). I usually do 6-7 exercises per day as opposed to 4-5, so this will be a good opportunity to exert myself a little more on each of these. I'm eager to try it out.

As for the people who are doing home workout stuff, I'd recommend taking a look at a Navy Seal training book. A lot of the exercises in there are workouts using just your body. In high school when I was just starting out with exercising, I only did a little bit, but noticed some change as far as strength is concerned. With pushups, for example, you may want to do different types. When I was just starting out, I'd do standard pushups, diamond pushups, divebombs, and wide-arm pushups with crunches in between each type of pushup. I'd do them in reps of 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2. Also, this probably goes without saying, but doing them slowly to ensure proper form is better than cranking out a bunch of rushed ones where you try and use momentum (i.e., bouncing your chest off the ground) to your advantage.

[quote name='EDiddy0042']If you are fairly comfortable with regular back squats already, give barbell front squats a try. Throw 3 sets of those in to your leg workout every week and I can 100% guarantee ripped abs, no boring crunches required.[/QUOTE]

I'll try some of these on Monday. My legs are crushed right now from my Friday leg workout. Sooo sore.

I also heard Mountain Climbers are pretty decent for lower body and abs.

[quote name='ricknub']Thanks, EDiddy, I really appreciate it. I'll be starting this routine on Monday, and I'll do core exercises and/or some cardio on Tuesdays and Thursdays (most likely core stuff). I usually do 6-7 exercises per day as opposed to 4-5, so this will be a good opportunity to exert myself a little more on each of these. I'm eager to try it out.

As for the people who are doing home workout stuff, I'd recommend taking a look at a Navy Seal training book. A lot of the exercises in there are workouts using just your body. In high school when I was just starting out with exercising, I only did a little bit, but noticed some change as far as strength is concerned. With pushups, for example, you may want to do different types. When I was just starting out, I'd do standard pushups, diamond pushups, divebombs, and wide-arm pushups with crunches in between each type of pushup. I'd do them in reps of 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2. Also, this probably goes without saying, but doing them slowly to ensure proper form is better than cranking out a bunch of rushed ones where you try and use momentum (i.e., bouncing your chest off the ground) to your advantage.[/quote]

Sure thing. I'm glad I could be of help.

[quote name='pimpinc333']I'll try some of these on Monday. My legs are crushed right now from my Friday leg workout. Sooo sore.

I also heard Mountain Climbers are pretty decent for lower body and abs.[/quote]

That's a good thing they are crushed. In order to see growth you really gotta blast em. Mountain climbers are one of those things that work the whole body. I always had to do them for bball conditioning and I hated em, but they worked. Great for cardio too.

[quote name='EDiddy0042']That's a good thing they are crushed. In order to see growth you really gotta blast em. Mountain climbers are one of those things that work the whole body. I always had to do them for bball conditioning and I hated em, but they worked. Great for cardio too.[/QUOTE]

Yea they are hurting bad. When I get to walking for a bit it's not too bad but when I sit for a while they stiffen right back up. My butt hurts pretty good from the leg workouts as well.

Going to some girls house tonight. I hope i'll be able to "perform" tonight.

I feel that this thread is going to turn into the CAG Health and Fitness Thread: Ripped Edition in about 3 months with people posting pictures of themselves all ripped up, including a pictures of Gywen and Dead of Knight posting before and after pictures lol.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I feel that this thread is going to turn into the CAG Health and Fitness Thread: Ripped Edition in about 3 months with people posting pictures of themselves all ripped up, including a pictures of Gywen and Dead of Knight posting before and after pictures lol.[/quote]

That's my goal (although I doubt I'll post pictures). I've been slightly overweight to overweight all my life. It's time to finally be in shape and get rid of my love handles.

Can any of you guys recommend a protein/nutritional drink for meal replacement purposes? I need to eat more protein and don't have time to cook a lot of the days of the week.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Can any of you guys recommend a protein/nutritional drink for meal replacement purposes? I need to eat more protein and don't have time to cook a lot of the days of the week.[/QUOTE]

I buy 5LB Bags of EAS Whey Protein Vanilla Mix for 29.xx at Sam's Club. 23g of Protein per serving.

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey is my favorite protein shake. But it's (and other whey shakes) are pretty low calorie so you may want to look into one of the high calorie meal replacement shakes if you want it for that purpose rather than just getting extra protein. I don't have a recommendation on those though.

Participating in a Lift For Life event at my local high school with some buddies I graduated with in a few weeks. Got something to motivate me to train harder and eat better now.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I feel that this thread is going to turn into the CAG Health and Fitness Thread: Ripped Edition in about 3 months with people posting pictures of themselves all ripped up, including a pictures of Gywen and Dead of Knight posting before and after pictures lol.[/QUOTE]

I doubt any of the CAG's on here who are finally gonna lose the weight will suddenly be ripped after 3 months not being pessimistic, lets see before and after pics after the year is up... Ive seen some of the same guys lifting every dayat the gym, and dont look any different now... then there's the motivation factor. It will be hard for anyone who hasnt regularly worked out to see this through to completion, thats why those who do, I have the utmost respect for... doing it the tough (ie: correct) way without some stupid surgery (Ive known many cases where after a few years, people started gaining the weight back again...lol)

Ive always been blessed with a high metabolism, but Ive always been active too. But to keep me... or anyone else interested, you have to keep the workouts varied and fresh, wear your ipod, reward yourself with non food treats. You will mentallly be better off with variety, but it will keep your body on its toes as well, you fall into too much of a routine, your body will adjust and the results wont be as prominent... you end up giving up...

I do wish the best of luck, again to fellow CAGs looking to lose weight

I don't believe there will be anything bad. What supplements are you talking about, though? :whistle2:s

--

I'm down ~10.5lbs since January. My gym, well apartment fitness center :lol:, is getting less crowded. Thankfully Gymuary is over.

My diet has been kick ass. I really have not cheated at all. I hate calling it cheating, because that IS lame. I'm just trying to go a few months of eating as clean as possible.. and I am noticing some of my belly decreasing a little. Of course, there's only so much that can slim down in 10.5 lbs.. :lol:

As far as I know, a flat belly is like 80% diet, 20% exercise. Can anyone confirm this? If so, I can totally believe this. I just wonder how long until I can be completely satisfied. :whistle2:k

Wow, congratulations lilboo. That much weight in one month is pretty impressive (at least I think so). And ITDEFX, I think the worst result of not taking supplements is not as much muscle-growth (I've never taken any supplements [unless you count the occasional chocolate protein bar], and I've never experienced any negative effects).

I just did my first week of the routine you drew up, EDiddy, and after each day I felt quite sore in the targeted areas. Three straight workouts resulting in next-day soreness hasn't happened to me in a long time. I like it! And is Lift for Life a weightlifting competition of some sort? Can't say I've heard of it before.

So how do you guys (and girls?) eat healthy on a consistent basis? My girlfriend and I have not been as consistent as we have wanted to be with eating right. We'll have chicken or shirmp with a ton of veggies one night, then order out the next. It's just hard to maintain to motivation to cook a meal after coming home from work. What do you all do to make sure you don't crap out on eating well?

is there a supplement that anyone here would recommend to help with metabolism, or are these a sham? I am trying to get back in shape, starting right now with just walking/running, and I was wondering if there is anything that would help increase the effectiveness of these efforts? I used to take xenodrine back in 2000, but the formula has changed so I am not sure how effective it would be

[quote name='ITDEFX']What is the WORSE case scenario if I don't take supplements after workouts during my meals?[/QUOTE]

Nothing as long as you're eating a proper diet. If you're trying to build muscle things like protein and creatine may help you gain weight and strength a bit faster--particularly if you're diet is lacking a bit.

But not taking them won't hurt anything, just may have slower growth. But they're just supplements, not replacements for real food etc. so there's no harm in not taking them.

[quote name='gregthomas77']is there a supplement that anyone here would recommend to help with metabolism, or are these a sham? [/QUOTE]

I personally don't like those supplements. They're probably a sham, and if they work they probably have risks. Like ephedra before it was banned. It worked, and was generally safe, but it was dangerous if not used properly.

The sure way to boost metabolism is to add muscle mass. You burn more calories just resting when you have more muscle mass to maintain. So add some weight training to your cardio routine.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Nothing as long as you're eating a proper diet. If you're trying to build muscle things like protein and creatine may help you gain weight and strength a bit faster--particularly if you're diet is lacking a bit.

But not taking them won't hurt anything, just may have slower growth. But they're just supplements, not replacements for real food etc. so there's no harm in not taking them.

I personally don't like those supplements. They're probably a sham, and if they work they probably have risks. Like ephedra before it was banned. It worked, and was generally safe, but it was dangerous if not used properly.

The sure way to boost metabolism is to add muscle mass. You burn more calories just resting when you have more muscle mass to maintain. So add some weight training to your cardio routine.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I took xenodrine back when it had ephedra, and it helped. But of course you can't buy ephedra now, which is why I was looking for a substitute. I do plan to work lifting back into my life (I was lifting in 2000), but my fitness level is really poor right now and I want to concentrate on just getting my "wind" back first.

If you are looking to take supplements, I would highly recommend doing extensive research, especially on ones that are not well known. Everyone obviously knows that whey protein works and creatine is extremely helpful if you cycle it properly (although I personally have never taken it.)

To boost metabolism, you really don't need a pill. Just do interval training for cardio and work a lot of compound movements if you lift. These two things work wonders for your basal metabolic rate.

ricknub, glad to hear the routine is working for you. However, don't feel restricted to those exercises. Feel free to sub in front squats for the back squats, good morning or straight leg deadlifts for the regular deadlifts, etc. Lift for Life is a fundraiser for cancer research. You get a group of 4 or 5 people together and they have different events to compete in. I think they are:

• Squats- 70% of body weight for maximum reps
  • Bench Press- Same as above
  • Jump Rope- as many jumps as you can get in two minutes
  • Dumbbell Iron cross
  • Treadmill- as fast as you can run for 2:00
  • Dips- 1:00 to get as many as you can
  • Pullups- same as dips
  • Tire flips
It's a lot of fun, and for a good cause. Its also a nice alternative to my normal workout.

[quote name='ricknub']Wow, congratulations lilboo. That much weight in one month is pretty impressive (at least I think so). And ITDEFX, I think the worst result of not taking supplements is not as much muscle-growth (I've never taken any supplements [unless you count the occasional chocolate protein bar], and I've never experienced any negative effects).

I just did my first week of the routine you drew up, EDiddy, and after each day I felt quite sore in the targeted areas. Three straight workouts resulting in next-day soreness hasn't happened to me in a long time. I like it! And is Lift for Life a weightlifting competition of some sort? Can't say I've heard of it before.

So how do you guys (and girls?) eat healthy on a consistent basis? My girlfriend and I have not been as consistent as we have wanted to be with eating right. We'll have chicken or shirmp with a ton of veggies one night, then order out the next. It's just hard to maintain to motivation to cook a meal after coming home from work. What do you all do to make sure you don't crap out on eating well?[/QUOTE]

Thanks! :wave:

Sadly, you really have to make cooking into some new hobby. You do. It can be fun..but, it can be time consuming. Are you a M-F, weekends off person? I am, this is what I do. Since I go to the gym M-W-F, I try to have dinners, or part of the dinner cooked already. On T and Th, since I'll be doing nothing :bouncy: I'll take the time to have cooked more.

For example, tomorrow I'll make a big ass pot of vegetarian chili. It will be enough to eat tomorrow, have for like 2 days worth of lunch..and 1 night of dinner. This will probably be like my Wednesday dinner. Whatever I cook tomorrow for dinner, I'll cook a lot so I can take some for lunch MAYBE, or just keep the leftovers for Monday dinner.

It's basically shit like that. It's really good to plan ahead for the week. Have an idea of what you wanna eat, and make some extra so you can have for lunch and or leftovers for another night.

The veggie burgers I make come out pretty awesome, so I might make a few more then usual this week :D

Oh, I also have gone MOSTLY vegetarian for this. It's working out well. I do have meat (zing), but just not as much. Maybe 2 times a week? I haven't ordered out at all. In fact, today we were at Whole Foods and I picked up a slice of white chicken pesto pizza. It was good, and I know it wasn't too sabotaging on my diet. I tend to allow myself to eat "a lot" on the weekend.. but even on the weekend it's really good.

God damnit I will get a flat belly by summer :lol:

I think I'm one of the few people here who is focusing more on food than the physical side.

[quote name='zman73']I doubt any of the CAG's on here who are finally gonna lose the weight will suddenly be ripped after 3 months not being pessimistic, lets see before and after pics after the year is up... Ive seen some of the same guys lifting every dayat the gym, and dont look any different now... then there's the motivation factor. It will be hard for anyone who hasnt regularly worked out to see this through to completion, thats why those who do, I have the utmost respect for... doing it the tough (ie: correct) way without some stupid surgery
[/QUOTE]

This.

I too don't hope you guys are hoping to get ripped after 3 months. I'm not sure if you were joking or not, but alot of people have that mindset so I figured I'd jump in. Roughly 2 years ago I was about 260 and started working out and losing weight. I did cardio and weights and only this past summer (1 1/2 years into working out) was I getting some good muscle definition...and I hit it pretty hard.

I just don't want you guys who are just now starting to get discouraged if you're still rocking moobs in 3 months. I had a guy once tell me "It took you a lifetime to get them there, it's gonna take you a little while to get them off." It's worth it though, so stick with it. There will be months were there's no loss, or even a gain. Time's you'd rather eat McD's than go run or lift, but hang in there. It's much more fulfilling to know you worked for the weight loss, and that much more motivation to keep it off than if you opted for surgical procedures.

I believe 6 months is a more realistic goal, especially if you're in a somewhat decent shape. My short term goal is to add a bit of overall muscle and lower my body fat percentage by July-ish before convention time and then continue growing a better looking body afterwards. I don't want to get huge like a body builder or anything, I want more of a Spider-Man build.

I agree about not giving up and everybody is different and some train differently so you might not see results as quick but keep at it and you'll see a difference in no time. Sometimes I don't even notice a change in my body until someone points it out (probably because I see myself every day).

[quote name='lilboo']I think I'm one of the few people here who is focusing more on food than the physical side.[/quote]

You along with me I think. :)

I've been progressively working towards eating better , and ideally the next step is to work on my cooking.

I'll admit that I kinda cheated a bit and bought that book "Eat this , not that". But it really has helped me a lot to make better selections when I go shopping. It helps me pretty much keep the same general menu of what I eat and just replace the bad stuff with better stuff. The restaurant portion is really helpful too since I eat out a lot for lunch/dinner and gives me good ideas on what to order.

Eventually I would like to work some on improving the physical side as well , but for now just slimming down is a big improvement considering how big I used to be.

[quote name='StarKnightX']You along with me I think. :)

I've been progressively working towards eating better , and ideally the next step is to work on my cooking.

I'll admit that I kinda cheated a bit and bought that book "Eat this , not that". But it really has helped me a lot to make better selections when I go shopping. It helps me pretty much keep the same general menu of what I eat and just replace the bad stuff with better stuff. The restaurant portion is really helpful too since I eat out a lot for lunch/dinner and gives me good ideas on what to order.

Eventually I would like to work some on improving the physical side as well , but for now just slimming down is a big improvement considering how big I used to be.[/QUOTE]

I've seen some of that Eat this, Not That book. It's neat, but by no means should be like.. a food plan!! :lol:

It IS good when you're out and you really have no choice but to eat out somewhere... it does give some good suggestions, and compare it to what you probably would have ordered anyway :lol: ;)

I think I'm going to start running. :whistle2:\ I make this face because I don't know how committed I can be. Plus, my asthma is pretty gay.. so I hope I can keep it under control :(

[quote name='lilboo']God damnit I will get a flat belly by summer :lol:

I think I'm one of the few people here who is focusing more on food than the physical side.[/QUOTE]

If that's your goal, you'll want to focus on your diet more than anything else.

My diet vice is sugar in my coffee. Can't find a viable substitute. Turbinado/unrefined sugar and sugar substitutes taste like hell; haven't tried agave nectar, but their carb content is the same as refined sugar; need to rediscover my palate for black coffee when it's 6AM.

EDIT: My wife likes the "Eat Clean" diet books by Tosca something or other (she's kinda frightening looking in that I-exercise-30-hours-a-day way). But it's decent stuff, focuses on lean meats, fresh produce, and natural spices. So you're staying away from fatty/sugary sauces and the fuckton of sodium that comes with the average American diet.

Stevia is pretty bad ass and tastes great in coffee! I'll admit I had like 2 cups of coffee in a month.. but they were an awesome 2 cups of coffee!!

My goal is to be just slimmer and more trim. I just gotta eliminate refined flours and sugars and lots of saturated fats....and I should be good? (of course mixed with some cardio, some weight training..and going easy on the calories ;) )

weight training will add muscle mass, and greater muscle mass = greater calorie burning potential. But you ain't gonna crunch your way to nice abs. Not without a solid diet.

[quote name='lilboo']I've seen some of that Eat this, Not That book. It's neat, but by no means should be like.. a food plan!! :lol:

It IS good when you're out and you really have no choice but to eat out somewhere... it does give some good suggestions, and compare it to what you probably would have ordered anyway :lol: ;)

I think I'm going to start running. :whistle2:\ I make this face because I don't know how committed I can be. Plus, my asthma is pretty gay.. so I hope I can keep it under control :([/quote]

The original book is useful for eating out , but its the second book , the supermarket guide that I've gotten a lot more use out of. It breaks down nearly everything in the store from frozen goods to breads and splits them in the good/bad catagories. In addition it also has some good subsections on meats , produce , dairy ect. Good meats to eat and tips on preparing them. Whats the best produce to shop for and shopping within the seasons (something I was already familiar with since I work in a produce department) , more general stuff.

One of the things that I (and I'm sure many others) loathe about the "diet & fitness" world is that there are always articles and "things to do/not do" that always contradict one another.

For example.
My main goals are to drop ~20lbs and just to be SLIMMER and have a flat belly. Not saying I need 6 pack abs, just..some definition at least.

I understand the weight loss part. I understand to go easy on the calories and just exercise a bit more. That's a no brainer! However, when it comes to a flat belly it seems like there are conflicting issues.

I KNOW a flat belly is pure diet. What I don't get, is what consists of this diet. I've heard that as long as you're eating whole, natural food... going easy on the sat fats (pretty much eliminate), go really easy with the sodium..and of course knock out all REFINED sugar. (Natural sugars in fruits and honey are supposed to be OK.. just not TONS of it in a day)

THEN I read about pretty much just eating mostly protein. Eating very little carbs. Just fibrous carbs like broccoli and leafy green veggies.

So, what is it? Could someone be a kind soul and clear this up for me?

[quote name='lilboo']One of the things that I (and I'm sure many others) loathe about the "diet & fitness" world is that there are always articles and "things to do/not do" that always contradict one another.

For example.
My main goals are to drop ~20lbs and just to be SLIMMER and have a flat belly. Not saying I need 6 pack abs, just..some definition at least.

I understand the weight loss part. I understand to go easy on the calories and just exercise a bit more. That's a no brainer! However, when it comes to a flat belly it seems like there are conflicting issues.

I KNOW a flat belly is pure diet. What I don't get, is what consists of this diet. I've heard that as long as you're eating whole, natural food... going easy on the sat fats (pretty much eliminate), go really easy with the sodium..and of course knock out all REFINED sugar. (Natural sugars in fruits and honey are supposed to be OK.. just not TONS of it in a day)

THEN I read about pretty much just eating mostly protein. Eating very little carbs. Just fibrous carbs like broccoli and leafy green veggies.

So, what is it? Could someone be a kind soul and clear this up for me?[/quote]

I highly recommend against the keto diet. By eliminating starchy carbs found in bread and potatoes, you will severely limit the amount of energy you can put into a workout. Therefore, during your workout, you will severely limit the amount of cals. you burn. What I recommend is gradually reduce the amount of carbs you eat in a day, and whatever carbs you do eat, make sure they are whole foods, i.e. whole grain bread, rice, oatmeal, etc. Hope this helps

Sorta.
But again.. how much is enough and how much is too much?

My as for carbs here's what I usually consume in a typical week.
Whole Wheat bread (from Whole Foods), long grain brown rice (the kind that takes ~60 minutes to cook LOL), tortillas (whole foods), tortilla chips (whole foods), pita bread (whole foods) and vegetable pizza (home made, crust from whole foods)

Vegetables in a typical week: broccoli, spinach, carrots, tomatoes, red peppers, green peppers, onions, garlic (veg?) and corn.

Fruits: Apples, oranges (or some form of orange like a clementine, tangelo, or tangerine), bananas, blueberries, and grapefruit.

Oh, I eat a lot of beans too! Lots of kidney and black beans. I also enjoy hummus

[quote name='lilboo']Stevia is pretty bad ass and tastes great in coffee! I'll admit I had like 2 cups of coffee in a month.. but they were an awesome 2 cups of coffee!!
[/quote]

Where can I buy Stevia? I'd love to have a sugar replacement for my coffee...

http://www.amazon.com/Stevita-Co-In..._bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1234276494&sr=8-1

I have Amazon prime, however. The price depends on you. If you're going to have 3 cups of coffee a day and go through several packs a day..a box of 50 won't last you long.

I have tea a few times a week. I picked up 2 boxes over a month a ago and I'm still on my first box.

http://www.amazon.com/Stevita-Co-Simply-Stevia-Stevia-Packets/dp/B000O160KE/ref=pd_sim_hpc_2

I wonder if I should have gone for this instead? :whistle2:s

[quote name='lilboo']Sorta.
But again.. how much is enough and how much is too much?

My as for carbs here's what I usually consume in a typical week.
Whole Wheat bread (from Whole Foods), long grain brown rice (the kind that takes ~60 minutes to cook LOL), tortillas (whole foods), tortilla chips (whole foods), pita bread (whole foods) and vegetable pizza (home made, crust from whole foods)

Vegetables in a typical week: broccoli, spinach, carrots, tomatoes, red peppers, green peppers, onions, garlic (veg?) and corn.

Fruits: Apples, oranges (or some form of orange like a clementine, tangelo, or tangerine), bananas, blueberries, and grapefruit.

Oh, I eat a lot of beans too! Lots of kidney and black beans. I also enjoy hummus

[quote name='lilboo']http://www.amazon.com/Stevita-Co-In..._bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1234276494&sr=8-1

I have Amazon prime, however. The price depends on you. If you're going to have 3 cups of coffee a day and go through several packs a day..a box of 50 won't last you long.

I have tea a few times a week. I picked up 2 boxes over a month a ago and I'm still on my first box.

http://www.amazon.com/Stevita-Co-Simply-Stevia-Stevia-Packets/dp/B000O160KE/ref=pd_sim_hpc_2

I wonder if I should have gone for this instead? :whistle2:s[/quote]

Oh wow. Not bad at all.

Looks like I found my filler for the GTA: Lost and Damned card. ;)

Does Stevita have the splenda aftertaste? That's why I can't stand splenda right now. It tastes like a chemical.

[quote name='EDiddy0042']OK. For maybe 2-3 weeks, start off by cutting out the tortilla chips. See how that works for you, and if you feel good about cutting something else out in that amount of time, then drop something else. How many slices of the bread are you eating daily? Do you use it for sandwiches or for single serving pieces (toast)?[/QUOTE]

Well in my defense :lol: This is the first week I bought those tortilla chips. I only a eat a few chips with some salsa and guacamole (home made!) The chips are also made with real ingredients and unsalted.
Slices of bread? Well 2 the most. That's if i have a tuna sandwhich for lunch. That's pretty much the most I'll do, in regards to slices of bread at least.

Again, just curious as to how much is too much?

[quote name='mtxbass1']Oh wow. Not bad at all.

Looks like I found my filler for the GTA: Lost and Damned card. ;)

Does Stevita have the splenda aftertaste? That's why I can't stand splenda right now. It tastes like a chemical.[/QUOTE]

Nah, it's not too bad. It takes some time to get used to, though!

A lot can play into how much is too much, such as current weight, body composition, gender, age, body type, goals, time dedicated to physical activity, type of activity, frequency of activity, intensity of activity.So as you can see, there are a whole lot of variables, so if you shoot me some of this info I could give you a better estimate.

If anyone wants a tough challenge for their weight training routine, I completed something that I found in one of my bodybuilding books. Take roughly half of your body weight and squat it 100 times. Definitely pounds the quads. You only need one set, but the set takes anywhere from 6-8 minutes.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone had a wife who works out a lot (full body work out) continue to do so even if she gets pregnant? I am sure crunches become out of the question, but what happens to the muscles of a woman who works out during a pregnancy? I remembered my ex use to say that she would continue to work out and go for her 2 hour jogs even if she is 8 months pregnant and I was like huh? :shock: I don't think that's possible.

I don't think there's nothing wrong with exercising while pregnant. As long as you take care of yourself and don't push yourself too far...what's the big deal?

Yeah, I've seen pregnant women working out pretty hard in the gym many times over the year.

Nothing wrong with it--obviously avoiding anything that could result in a hit in the abdomen etc.

[quote name='lilboo']I don't think there's nothing wrong with exercising while pregnant. As long as you take care of yourself and don't push yourself too far...what's the big deal?[/quote]

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, I've seen pregnant women working out pretty hard in the gym many times over the year.

Nothing wrong with it--obviously avoiding anything that could result in a hit in the abdomen etc.[/quote]

so wait a minute... you guys have seen women pumping iron and like 8 months pregnant ?

bread's done
Back