CAG Infraction System Now Active (Beta/Trial)

Status
Not open for further replies.
there should be an appeal system that works like this:

if you get infraction points from one mod, you can appeal and another mod (or mods) will review the post in question and pass their own judgment. in order to prevent everyone just appealing everything, if you lose the appeal you should get 1 more infraction point. this is just an idea, call it the 'monkeydeew amendment' :)

Wow, you all need to settle the heck down. It's one thing to offer some help to the moderation team to help them refine an admittedly experimental system; it's another thing to fly off the handle and start bashing people's heads in.

I'm all for a gentle nudge for all of us when we get out of hand saying, "Um, rethink this is the future." LP's points about it being an intermediary step between nothing and temp ban and a way to easily track trouble makers on the board works fine for me.

Don't ya think that maybe the mods should be cut a whee bit of slack as they experiment with a new system? I'm sure if you got your feelings hurt while you ended up being their guinea pig, they're readily apologize.

Chill out, guys. We're all here to have fun, and a system like this will only help that in the long run once they get the kinks out. It'll be ok! :)

:rofl: @ Strell thinking the OTT is ''exempt''. some dumbass robot sent me packin' for a day for callin' some kid fat (which he isnt, and the parties involved had the same attitude towards the OTT being ''exempt'' and all, so they tested it out)... no exemption here, and i'm usually the one with the most posts in each OTT. ;) its just the internet, guy, don't be so serious. if you're not doing anything wrong, then don't worry about the system... and if you honestly don't like anything being said about you or something having to do with you, just report it and be on your way. no point in arguing with people like cochese... hes just saying what hes saying to get a rise out of people. [quote name='CheapyD'] Hey, lets keep this thread on track otherwise I'll shut it down. This isn't the place for your personal arguments.[/quote]

like zew said, its just pointless arguments.

close this shit up!

TFN, you troll around all day and nothing gets done about it. And whenever a mod actually says anything at all, you and everyone other there just turn it around and call them overly zealous.

It's the entire basis for what I said over there, and frankly, I don't understand why four members of the OTT come out of the woodwork and give me crap about something that swear isn't true. If I'm so off base about it, why are so many of you concerned?

Oddly, the person you'd think would be most vocal about it from that group has not said anything about it, and he's all over this thread and replied quickly after mine, yet said nothing. I must be saying something right.

Meanwhile, there's half a dozen members of the OTT insulting me now over shit that is literally 3 months old, fully getting away with it.

I realize you're a huge hypocrite, and will go back and cry the first chance you get, saying something literally 180 degrees removed from whatever you said two minutes before. So I'm not counting you out on going back and insulting me just as much as you've done in the past.

You guys are actually proving my point quite clearly, and your little anecdotal "I was a total dick and got a point for it" nonsense is just an exception to the rule.

I personally can't see closing the thread discussing this down doing any good, at least it's containing people's bitching about the system to one single thread as opposed to a bunch of threads on different topics. But maybe this thread should be uhh... moderated? :lol:

leave-britney-alone-guy.jpg

LEAVE STRELL ALONE.
I'M SERIOUS

But really,

[quote name='tiredfornow'] if you're not doing anything wrong, then don't worry about the system... and if you honestly don't like anything being said about you or something having to do with you, just report it and be on your way. [/QUOTE]

This is the problem, isn't it? Someone doesn't like what someone else says and now we have a new license to be tattletales. Joe guy calls me on my bullshit so now I can get angry and report him to a mod for calling me an idiot. Joe guy gets banned for a day and has no recourse or appeal except to make a new thread to complain about my fat ass and the mod that banned him. Then that thread gets closed up faster than a whorehouse in heaven and probably gets banned a second time for complaining. We've seen it all happen before, countless times. now there's practically an incentive to be oversensitive.

Being a general idiot and making crappy, mis-worded, ill-understood threads should generate more frequent banning requests than anything else, imo. If you're not man(or woman) enough to stomach a few name callings from some asshole, then you should just pack up your computer and go crawl back in bed with mommy anyway. That's what the freaking ignore list is for.

Frankly, I liked the old days when we could admonish someone by overwhelming force and ridicule them into self-exile, or whip them up into a sharpened lunatic frenzy. It certainly made for some good entertainment. Ahh....those were the good old days.

[quote name='Chitown021']I take it a user title in red means that it's been imposed by a mod or due to a CAG "pointing out"?[/QUOTE]

That's an automated feature. Mods do not control the color of custom titles.

[quote name='daphatty']That's an automated feature. Mods do not control the color of custom titles.[/quote]

Right. I didn't mean to imply that the mods control the color. Just that the custom user title will automatically show up in red if the person has been banned to differentiate it from titles CAGs create themselves.

WHY HAS MY STRELL BEEN SILENCED?
I need answers. I. NEED. ANSWERS.

Ohh honey, heads is gonna spin!
But really, what happened? :whistle2:(

Voicing Your Opinion is now grounds for post removal and silencing.

The Silencings will continue until morale improves.

Is the vs forum wholly off limits for this system, or just to be considered more leniently?

Now, I'm no saint in this thread, but CoffeeEdge is trolling the fuck out of me, plain and simple. Should he get away with such behavior because it's the vs forum? It's one thing to say "oh, I disagree with you and you're a dick" in that forum; it's the m.o. of those who participate there (myself included). But it's another entirely to say the same thing sans anything relevant to the topic on hand. He's not talking about guns, gun rights, or anything relevant to the topic: he's goading me, plain and simple.

If you don't care about putting up infractions for the vs forum, that's fine. I would like some clarification about where it stands; I can deal with being called names, but perpetual trolling and attempts to drag a topic off topic in the name of some self-perpetuated internet "feud" are a bit much, IMO.

[quote name='mykevermin']Is the vs forum wholly off limits for this system, or just to be considered more leniently?

Now, I'm no saint in this thread, but CoffeeEdge is trolling the fuck out of me, plain and simple. Should he get away with such behavior because it's the vs forum? It's one thing to say "oh, I disagree with you and you're a dick" in that forum; it's the m.o. of those who participate there (myself included). But it's another entirely to say the same thing sans anything relevant to the topic on hand. He's not talking about guns, gun rights, or anything relevant to the topic: he's goading me, plain and simple.

If you don't care about putting up infractions for the vs forum, that's fine. I would like some clarification about where it stands; I can deal with being called names, but perpetual trolling and attempts to drag a topic off topic in the name of some self-perpetuated internet "feud" are a bit much, IMO.[/QUOTE]

I was curious about that myself.

Oh and myke , I read through that thread last night when I couldn't fall asleep and your right he just kept dogging you post after post.

[quote name='lilboo']WHY HAS MY STRELL BEEN SILENCED?
I need answers. I. NEED. ANSWERS.

Ohh honey, heads is gonna spin!
But really, what happened? :whistle2:([/quote]

Strell erupted with all kinds of naughty things that aren't allowed here on CAG. The main subjective post was deleted.

[quote name='InuFaye']Voicing Your Opinion is now grounds for post removal and silencing.

The Silencings will continue until morale improves.[/quote]

Had nothing to do with voicing opinions on the point system.

[quote name='bmulligan']This is the problem, isn't it? Someone doesn't like what someone else says and now we have a new license to be tattletales. Joe guy calls me on my bullshit so now I can get angry and report him to a mod for calling me an idiot. Joe guy gets banned for a day and has no recourse or appeal except to make a new thread to complain about my fat ass and the mod that banned him. Then that thread gets closed up faster than a whorehouse in heaven and probably gets banned a second time for complaining. We've seen it all happen before, countless times. now there's practically an incentive to be oversensitive.

Being a general idiot and making crappy, mis-worded, ill-understood threads should generate more frequent banning requests than anything else, imo. If you're not man(or woman) enough to stomach a few name callings from some asshole, then you should just pack up your computer and go crawl back in bed with mommy anyway. That's what the freaking ignore list is for.

Frankly, I liked the old days when we could admonish someone by overwhelming force and ridicule them into self-exile, or whip them up into a sharpened lunatic frenzy. It certainly made for some good entertainment. Ahh....those were the good old days.[/QUOTE]

Spot on, couldn't agree more.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']
Had nothing to do with voicing opinions on the point system.[/quote]

'Twas a joke autobot.

[quote name='mykevermin']Now, I'm no saint in this thread, but CoffeeEdge is trolling the fuck out of me, plain and simple. [/QUOTE]

Can we change the vs forum to a myke vs coffee forum? Whenever they get into it, the best threads are created. I love it. CAG's very own odd couple.

[quote name='xmrblondex']Can we change the vs forum to a myke vs coffee forum? Whenever they get into it, the best threads are created. I love it. CAG's very own odd couple.[/quote]

Shhhhhhh. That was going to be Cheapy's 04/01 joke for next year. It would really suck though now that CE has myke on ignore but he still reads all his posts. Well, it would suck until he just broke down and admitted that he still read everything myke posts and just stewed about it because he thought publicly announcing his intentions to ignore would somehow make him the bigger man.

As far as the infractions go I think the new system is ok. Now CAGs have a defined leash. Of course there's going to be favoritism and of course a lot of the members who got away with shit in the past won't anymore. This is only a message board after all.

[quote name='xmrblondex']Can we change the vs forum to a myke vs coffee forum? Whenever they get into it, the best threads are created. I love it. CAG's very own odd couple.[/QUOTE]

nah.

On second thought, nah.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Can a moderator receive an infraction?[/quote]
They can receive one from me.
To answer your next question, no, I can't receive one.

[quote name='CheapyD']They can receive one from me.
To answer your next question, no, I can't receive one.[/quote]

I bet defender could find a way to give you one (a little somethin' for the old schoolers). We should have Wombat give you a verbal on the next CAGcast. Hey, this thread needed some levity.

[quote name='mykevermin']Is the vs forum wholly off limits for this system,[/QUOTE]

In short, yes. Just remember, if any of that nonsense spills over into the other forums, your ass is mine.

And that is the collective "your" not the you "your."

Confused yet?

[quote name='CheapyD']They can receive one from me.
To answer your next question, no, I can't receive one.[/quote]I guess we know who watches the Watchmen.

[quote name='daphatty']In short, yes. Just remember, if any of that nonsense spills over into the other forums, your ass is mine.
[/quote]

QFT... I will remember this.

[quote name='bmulligan']Myke doesn't love me anymore......[/QUOTE]

You throw in some semblance of an argument with your barbs, so even if you are a dick in the vs forum, I'm not gonna tattletale on someone who stays relevant to the topic (knowing us, giving a good 6-10 degrees of freedom).

[quote name='daphatty']In short, yes. Just remember, if any of that nonsense spills over into the other forums, your ass is mine.

And that is the collective "your" not the you "your."

Confused yet?[/QUOTE]

That's good to know, even if that's pretty lame. Oh well, no big loss.

[quote name='mykevermin']

That's good to know, even if that's pretty lame. Oh well, no big loss.[/QUOTE]

Extremely lame, IMO. Nothing like flaunting your powers, huh?

[quote name='munch']Extremely lame, IMO. Nothing like flaunting your powers, huh?[/quote]

Not for a Sith Lord........... Just kidding :whistle2:#

So just to be clear, there is no infraction for facilitating film piracy correct? I recall Cheapy downloaded Battlestar Galactica, so we're cool with shows and movies right?

[quote name='neocisco']Alan Moore reference, well played.:applause:[/quote]
That quote is 2000 years old.

Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodies?

[quote name='munch']Extremely lame, IMO. Nothing like flaunting your powers, huh?[/QUOTE]

I can see why they want to leave the vs. forum alone; but I think it's pretty shitty, all other criticisms aside, if they say "oh, well, it's a total hands off approach there," meaning there should be no mods closing down a thread entitled "Should George Bush Be Hanged?" (not my thread, BTW), and that there is free reign for "I believe in supply side, bitches" and sheer bitchy trolling.

I think it's lazy on the mods' part. If I were to report something I thought was problematic, and that the goal of this new approach is to lighten up banter around here, you think they wouldn't have just an indifferent attitude towards one thread (particularly one as inactive as the vs area is).

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Maybe there should be a forum guide for vs. forum?[/QUOTE]

No, but there should be a prerequisite intelligence test to participate. Or, at the very least, an English language exam to qualify.

[quote name='seththefallen']So just to be clear, there is no infraction for facilitating film piracy correct? I recall Cheapy downloaded Battlestar Galactica, so we're cool with shows and movies right?[/quote]

Yes there is an infraction for facilitating film piracy. Cheapy only downloaded it because of the fact that he could not get it in Japan.

[quote name='bmulligan']No, but there should be a prerequisite intelligence test to participate. Or, at the very least, an English language exam to qualify.[/QUOTE]

*snicker*

[quote name='seththefallen']So just to be clear, there is no infraction for facilitating film piracy correct? I recall Cheapy downloaded Battlestar Galactica, so we're cool with shows and movies right?[/QUOTE]

If I understand it correctly, it's fine to discuss piracy in very general terms ("I downloaded Battlestar Galatica and....), it's infraction-worthy to discuss the where and hows of piracy (I downloaded BSG from XYZ).

[quote name='strummerbs']If I understand it correctly, it's fine to discuss piracy in very general terms ("I downloaded Battlestar Galatica and....), it's infraction-worthy to discuss the where and hows of piracy (I downloaded BSG from XYZ).[/quote]

That's how I understand it as well. For all piracy though, not just film piracy.

[quote name='InuFaye']Yes there is an infraction for facilitating film piracy. Cheapy only downloaded it because of the fact that he could not get it in Japan.[/quote]
Couldn't he buy it from amazon or some other company that ships to Japan?

If you can say "DealExtreme is awesome!" then why can't you say "[torrent site] is awesome!"

DealExtreme has legal items (in addition to illegal), torrent sites have legal downloads (in addition to illegal)... nice double standard.

There are may other sites that sell bootleg games, in addition to DX, that are discussed quite often.

[quote name='itachiitachi']Couldn't he buy it from amazon or some other company that ships to Japan?[/quote]

Obviously he could have. Which is why I don't understand his harsh nature towards piracy...

[quote name='dallow']That quote is 2000 years old.

Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodies?[/quote]

Once again the internet fails to convey human tone and inflection.:wall:

[quote name='seththefallen']Obviously he could have. Which is why I don't understand his harsh nature towards piracy...[/quote]

Ad revenue. It's all about that dolla dolla bill, y'all.

[quote name='seththefallen']Obviously he could have. Which is why I don't understand his harsh nature towards piracy...[/quote]

Ad revenue. It's all about that dolla dolla bill, y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back