CAG Infraction System Now Active (Beta/Trial)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there's not much to suggest/discuss when you aren't going to get any feedback from the higher-ups. Makes this thread rather pointless.

I think some people may be violating that 3x bump the TL rule either that and they figured a good way to get it bumped more then 3x a day was to have your buddies bump it..

There are going to be many loop holes in the system unless they knock some heads around with this new system.

[quote name='Derrick1979']I think some people may be violating that 3x bump the TL rule either that and they figured a good way to get it bumped more then 3x a day was to have your buddies bump it..

There are going to be many loop holes in the system unless they knock some heads around with this new system.[/quote]
Sometimes a person can't help having their trade list bumped more than 3x per day. If you have a highly sought after game on your list you might get several bumps with CAGs saying "CML for XXX"

I think that would be a hard rule to enforce unless you see the OP posting in the thread 3x in a row just saying "BUMP"

[quote name='Derrick1979']I think some people may be violating that 3x bump the TL rule either that and they figured a good way to get it bumped more then 3x a day was to have your buddies bump it..

There are going to be many loop holes in the system unless they knock some heads around with this new system.[/quote]

Some people can't help that they are just so handsome and everybody wants to be their internet friend... like myself. :roll:

If you see something you don't like, just report it.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Some people can't help that they are just so handsome and everybody wants to be their internet friend... like myself. :roll:

If you see something you don't like, just report it.[/quote]

You just so popular because of your sexy sprite lol :D

[quote name='Chitown021']Sometimes a person can't help having their trade list bumped more than 3x per day. If you have a highly sought after game on your list you might get several bumps with CAGs saying "CML for XXX"

I think that would be a hard rule to enforce unless you see the OP posting in the thread 3x in a row just saying "BUMP"[/quote]

I dont think thats what Derrick is talking about. Everyone gets the occasional "friendly bump" or "interested in xx game" bump. Its when you see the same people posting in the other same people's TL with "Bump/Friendly Bump" all the time, or almost every day that is pretty obvious they are getting their friends to skirt the bump rules for them.

I notice it a lot too and it's incredibly annoying that certain people are so selfish that they need to constantly have thier TLs on hte front page despite having a crap TL.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']I dont think thats what Derrick is talking about. Everyone gets the occasional "friendly bump" or "interested in xx game" bump. Its when you see the same people posting in the other same people's TL with "Bump/Friendly Bump" all the time, or almost every day that is pretty obvious they are getting their friends to skirt the bump rules for them.

I notice it a lot too and it's incredibly annoying that certain people are so selfish that they need to constantly have thier TLs on hte front page despite having a crap TL.[/quote]

Thanks that is exactly what I was trying to say. :bouncy:

Speaking of TL, what exactly is needed to get a mod to delete your old one? Wouldn't want to be in violation of the multiple tradelists rule and my current one is old as shit. Just PM a mod?

[quote name='graf1k']Speaking of TL, what exactly is needed to get a mod to delete your old one? Wouldn't want to be in violation of the multiple tradelists rule and my current one is old as shit. Just PM a mod?[/quote]

Just change the topic to "Please Lock/Delete" or something to that effect. It'll get taken care of from there.

[quote name='sp00ge']Just change the topic to "Please Lock/Delete" or something to that effect. It'll get taken care of from there.[/quote]

Okay, that's what I figured. Thanks sp00ge.

I think Trolling should be at least two points. Other than that, I like that a Forum Administrator/Creator is actually making efforts to improve his community. Some of the communities I embedded myself within were pretty terrible at improvements. So, for that, I give you kudos.

dfkudos366tt4.jpg

This is fantastic!

But why do people keep calling this an "improvement" for the "community"? CAG's a business. It hasn't been a community for many years. There's a bit of social byproduct remaining, but really, it's just a few lost souls who are allowed to remain (given they behave as outlined) to increase profit.

However! The implementation of this system as a tool for enforcing homogeneity is definitely worthy of praise! :applause: This point system allows drones loyal to the regime to enforce and oppress without any of that pesky, time-consuming "thought" that used to enter the process. That whole "judgment" aspect made the old system inconsistent. Now, with a penal code clearly established, the loyal can enforce his will more efficiently and reliably than ever before! Truly, we must rejoice.

[quote name='Koggit']This is fantastic!

But why do people keep calling this an "improvement" for the "community"? CAG's a business. It hasn't been a community for many years. There's a bit of social byproduct remaining, but really, it's just a few lost souls who are allowed to remain (given they behave as outlined) to increase profit.

However! The implementation of this system as a tool for enforcing homogeneity is definitely worthy of praise! :applause: This point system allows drones loyal to the regime to enforce and oppress without any of that pesky, time-consuming "thought" that used to enter the process. That whole "judgment" aspect made the old system inconsistent. Now, with a penal code clearly established, the loyal can enforce his will more efficiently and reliably than ever before! Truly, we must rejoice.[/quote]

If that was meant to be a joke , then clearly I didn't get it.:whistle2:#

About the only thing I'd agree with you on is that CAG IS a business to a degree. But why can't it be a business AND a community at the same time? And if CAG is a business and not a community , then by proxy does that make slickdeals and fatwallet business's too?

[quote name='Koggit']This is fantastic!

However! The implementation of this system as a tool for enforcing homogeneity is definitely worthy of praise! :applause: This point system allows drones loyal to the regime to enforce and oppress without any of that pesky, time-consuming "thought" that used to enter the process. That whole "judgment" aspect made the old system inconsistent. Now, with a penal code clearly established, the loyal can enforce his will more efficiently and reliably than ever before! Truly, we must rejoice.[/quote]I think CAG is a community too. I have made multiple friends here, and I'm enjoy playing games with the CAG PSN Gaming Group I coordinate. I mean, I even kind of left that other forum we both posted at for a while (you know what I'm talking about Koggit) and spend the majority of my time posting here, because of the wonderful community. That's just me though.

The thing I do like about the infraction system is that it does keep who did what more organized.

[quote name='StarKnightX']does that make $$$$$$$$ and FFFFFFFF business's too?[/QUOTE]

They most certainly are, astute young lad and/or lass.

However, since CAG's target demographic is much smaller than that of the named competitors, inherently having a smaller market share, the social byproduct here produces a larger percentage of total revenue. As such, this social byproduct is a valuable company asset, so it is quite important to have an efficient system of oppression. Hence this system is, as was previously established, most "fantastic!"

[quote name='Koggit']They most certainly are, astute young lad and/or lass.

However, since CAG's target demographic is much smaller than that of the named competitors, inherently having a smaller market share, the social byproduct here produces a larger percentage of total revenue. As such, this social byproduct is a valuable company asset, so it is quite important to have an efficient system of oppression. Hence this system is, as was previously established, most "fantastic!"[/QUOTE]

That would be young lad thank you very much , although I have been mistaken as a young lass at work before a couple times.:shock:

I had to re-read what you wrote several times , but I think I finally get what your getting at now , and actually , reading it from this post as oppossed to your previous one, makes your point seem far less negative then I originally took it.

Koggit, I understand you, but disagree. I may be new to CAG, but am far from new to online communities running as both a business and a community. For many years, I was a part of WrestlingFigs as one of the founding members, and an Administrator. WrestlingFigs, the community, was bought out by Ringside Collectibles, the business. After the buyout, things were maintained as they always were maintained. The only thing that changed was making sure things remained PG-13 in forum content. Something which I don't see here at CAG, and, quite frankly, I'm glad Cheapy has allowed things to run that way. But yes, back to my point, the business fails with the community. Some business-oriented forums toy with their members and try to keep things PG to PG-13 to keep things conservative, but CAG's different, from what I've seen, and I like it. Also, Cheapy's interaction with his inhabitants makes things friendlier. Again, I like the way CAG is run. Other places should take note.

Pwned!

Is it possible to make the subtitle thing unique? Because I often see people with Banned/Silence and I have no idea if they are really banned or silenced or if they just put that in themselves.

How about red text if it's official?

[quote name='zewone']You silenced him for what reason?[/QUOTE]

If it's what I'm thinking of , it was something he added at the end of his first post. Which I didn't help any by keeping it quoted in my response.:dunce:

I didn't even think about it or realize completly what it was , my bad.

And just FYI, there was another thread he made that has since been deleted - it ain't all from that one post in this thread. Also, I missed what it was he added to his post here so I don't even know what that was (a mod removed it).

[quote name='io']And just FYI, there was another thread he made that has since been deleted - it ain't all from that one post in this thread. Also, I missed what it was he added to his post here so I don't even know what that was (a mode removed it).[/quote]The issue was due to choice of words to get the point across that he was trying to get across. The choice of words were the issue, not the message he was trying to get across. Which is also a point he choses to disagree with, obviously.

[quote name='shrike4242']The issue was due to choice of words to get the point across that he was trying to get across. The choice of words were the issue, not the message he was trying to get across. Which is also a point he choses to disagree with, obviously.[/QUOTE]

I gathered that from the deleted thread. Obviously you left most of his post intact allowing him to vent his extreme displeasure with the infraction system. It is his opinion which is clearly allowed. But if he used language at the end of his post like he did in that other thread then I see what you did and it was definitely warranted and the infractions well deserved. Note (to others here) that in the past what he did probably would have resulted in a temp or even perma-ban.

[quote name='io']I gathered that from the deleted thread. Obviously you left most of his post intact allowing him to vent his extreme displeasure with the infraction system. It is his opinion which is clearly allowed. But if he used language at the end of his post like he did in that other thread then I see what you did and it was definitely warranted and the infractions well deserved. Note (to others here) that in the past what he did probably would have resulted in a temp or even perma-ban.[/quote]Only the offending terms were removed from the post and quoted post. Nothing else was removed from it. And yes, it was the same type of phrasing and words he used in the other thread.

You are correct, previously, the same issue would have had a ban occur.

So are we learning anything from this? Such an awesome system that turns past members with no problems previously into infraction attracting machines eh? Theres obviously some problems here.

[quote name='crystalklear64']So are we learning anything from this? Such an awesome system that turns past members with no problems previously into infraction attracting machines eh? Theres obviously some problems here.[/QUOTE]
Spoken like someone who didn't see the posts that got them there. Nice job.

Question for you guys.

Im a smart ass. Allways have been since day one on the site.. I don't intentally do it as personal attacks. Its more as ribbing or joking. I guess hat im asking is what do you guys consider personal attacks/harassment?

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Question for you guys.

Im a smart ass. Allways have been since day one on the site.. I don't intentally do it as personal attacks. Its more as ribbing or joking. I guess hat im asking is what do you guys consider personal attacks/harassment?[/quote]

If yousee yourself questioning it before posting it, its better that you don't. Any types of attacks against other CAG's like telling them to go kill themselves, fucking idiot, you fucking retard, fucking stupid ass, fuck your (insert family member here), racial remarks, personal insults...etc.

If you are joking around with the other party and they are aware, there's nothing wrong with it, but if the other party or someone that got offended by it reports it, beware.

[quote name='yukine']Pwned!

Is it possible to make the subtitle thing unique? Because I often see people with Banned/Silence and I have no idea if they are really banned or silenced or if they just put that in themselves.

How about red text if it's official?[/QUOTE]

I second this. I noticed right after the infraction system went into affect that several users immediatly became "silenced" and "banned" but clearly they were not. Maybe instead make it so someone can't put that as a custom title themselves?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']If yousee yourself questioning it before posting it, its better that you don't. Any types of attacks against other CAG's like telling them to go kill themselves, fucking idiot, you fucking retard, fucking stupid ass, fuck your (insert family member here), racial remarks, personal insults...etc.

If you are joking around with the other party and they are aware, there's nothing wrong with it, but if the other party or someone that got offended by it reports it, beware.[/QUOTE]

But isn't part of the system supposed to be users reporting posts that seem offensive or like attacks , ect.? I understand that if the users yelling at each other know they are just joking with one other , but what if someone else comes along and doesn't realize that? That seems like a shaky line to walk.

I mean if someone makes a vulgar or rude remark , and I know it isn't directed at me , I probably won't be bothered by it , but that doesn't mean that I think it should just be left alone.

[quote name='StarKnightX']But isn't part of the system supposed to be users reporting posts that seem offensive or like attacks , ect.? I understand that if the users yelling at each other know they are just joking with one other , but what if someone else comes along and doesn't realize that? That seems like a shaky line to walk.

I mean if someone makes a vulgar or rude remark , and I know it isn't directed at me , I probably won't be bothered by it , but that doesn't mean that I think it should just be left alone.[/quote]Reporting the post will get one or more mods looking at it, and at that point, it's up for interpretation by the mod(s) looking into it.

If someone feels that the post is worthy to be reported and by that, have one or more mods look it over, then it's probably unnecessary. Yes, it's a shaky line, though reporting the post brings it up to a new level, the attention of the mods.

If it's some of the commentary that Linkin posted that is going on in a thread, and that's just a small sample, then it's going to get someone eyeballing it and determining what the issue is that caused it, and if there's anything that constitutes something that could garner an infraction.

Personal attacks just aren't needed on CAG, in joke form or otherwise.

[quote name='shrike4242']Personal attacks just aren't needed on CAG, in joke form or otherwise.[/QUOTE]

How's JimmieMac going to post anything now?

[quote name='shrike4242']

Personal attacks just aren't needed on CAG, in joke form or otherwise.[/QUOTE]
What? So now we can't even joke with our friends? That's awesome.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']How's JimmieMac going to post anything now?[/QUOTE]

He's one of the exceptions to the rules when at the beginning people mentioned some people would be immune to all of this.

[quote name='shrike4242']Personal attacks just aren't needed on CAG, in joke form or otherwise.[/quote]

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']What? So now we can't even joke with our friends? That's awesome.[/quote]

A joke between friends isn't a personal attack, is it?

crappoopcrap!, I meant to get all my racist inappropriate comments in before they became against the rules! Now I have to behave like a civil human being!

So are we learning anything from this? Such an awesome system that turns past members with no problems previously into infraction attracting machines eh? Theres obviously some problems here.

[quote name='crystalklear64']So are we learning anything from this? Such an awesome system that turns past members with no problems previously into infraction attracting machines eh? Theres obviously some problems here.[/QUOTE]
Spoken like someone who didn't see the posts that got them there. Nice job.

Question for you guys.

Im a smart ass. Allways have been since day one on the site.. I don't intentally do it as personal attacks. Its more as ribbing or joking. I guess hat im asking is what do you guys consider personal attacks/harassment?

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Question for you guys.

Im a smart ass. Allways have been since day one on the site.. I don't intentally do it as personal attacks. Its more as ribbing or joking. I guess hat im asking is what do you guys consider personal attacks/harassment?[/quote]

If yousee yourself questioning it before posting it, its better that you don't. Any types of attacks against other CAG's like telling them to go kill themselves, fucking idiot, you fucking retard, fucking stupid ass, fuck your (insert family member here), racial remarks, personal insults...etc.

If you are joking around with the other party and they are aware, there's nothing wrong with it, but if the other party or someone that got offended by it reports it, beware.

[quote name='yukine']Pwned!

How about red text if it's official?[/QUOTE]

I second this. I noticed right after the infraction system went into affect that several users immediatly became "silenced" and "banned" but clearly they were not. Maybe instead make it so someone can't put that as a custom title themselves?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']If yousee yourself questioning it before posting it, its better that you don't. Any types of attacks against other CAG's like telling them to go kill themselves, fucking idiot, you fucking retard, fucking stupid ass, fuck your (insert family member here), racial remarks, personal insults...etc.

If you are joking around with the other party and they are aware, there's nothing wrong with it, but if the other party or someone that got offended by it reports it, beware.[/QUOTE]

But isn't part of the system supposed to be users reporting posts that seem offensive or like attacks , ect.? I understand that if the users yelling at each other know they are just joking with one other , but what if someone else comes along and doesn't realize that? That seems like a shaky line to walk.

I mean if someone makes a vulgar or rude remark , and I know it isn't directed at me , I probably won't be bothered by it , but that doesn't mean that I think it should just be left alone.

[quote name='StarKnightX']But isn't part of the system supposed to be users reporting posts that seem offensive or like attacks , ect.? I understand that if the users yelling at each other know they are just joking with one other , but what if someone else comes along and doesn't realize that? That seems like a shaky line to walk.

I mean if someone makes a vulgar or rude remark , and I know it isn't directed at me , I probably won't be bothered by it , but that doesn't mean that I think it should just be left alone.[/quote]Reporting the post will get one or more mods looking at it, and at that point, it's up for interpretation by the mod(s) looking into it.

If someone feels that the post is worthy to be reported and by that, have one or more mods look it over, then it's probably unnecessary. Yes, it's a shaky line, though reporting the post brings it up to a new level, the attention of the mods.

If it's some of the commentary that Linkin posted that is going on in a thread, and that's just a small sample, then it's going to get someone eyeballing it and determining what the issue is that caused it, and if there's anything that constitutes something that could garner an infraction.

Personal attacks just aren't needed on CAG, in joke form or otherwise.

[quote name='shrike4242']Personal attacks just aren't needed on CAG, in joke form or otherwise.[/QUOTE]

How's JimmieMac going to post anything now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back