CAG iPhone App is Coming - Give us your name ideas!

Suggestion:I would like to see a combination USCP and Egotrip button in the CAGapp.It would make it so you can easily go the last comment you've made in said subscribed thread(if that makes sense).Also,I would like to see the awesome search button implemented in some way.

As always stay classy.

Cheap App Gamer is pretty good actually

or just something simple CAG Search. I think the apps with the "i" in them suck like iCAG etc. Remember it's got to be quite short because there isn't much space to display the text on the iPhone/iPod Touch main screen.

[quote name='Filler2001']CAG Mobile[/QUOTE]
winner

iCAG is also good

CheapAppGamer is the dumbest thing I've ever read in my life

[quote name='Scorch']there already is a mobile version of CAG[/QUOTE]

Huh? Since when?

By all means give me the link because when I browse CAG from my Blackberry browser, all I get is the full website which takes a while to load due to all the content on the front page.

Edit: I found it. You have to change forum layout to CAG Mobile. But that also sucks because if I change the layout on my BB to CAG Mobile, it also changes the version on the computer to mobile as well. We just need like a mobile web address like m.cheapassgamer.com, that should point you to the mobile version of CAG. I've seen many websites set up like this. Either way the mobile version of CAG could use an 2.0 version upgrade as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to vote for CheapAppGamer as well, the only really catchy title here.

Looking at what is stated as the feature list, I'm not so sure that I would use the app. Looking up game prices is going to be fantastic for many people, but I tend to look at the deals forum to see how people are discussing the latest deals, such as "Hey, Barbie super adventures is $5 at gamestop!" "Oh, hey, you should actually look into it, it's great!" To this extent, will there be a mobile version of the site to read the forums, or is the concentration of resources going into the app version of the site? (And to all current mobile users, does CAG show well on smartphones?)

Also, do you know if John will be working on apps for the blackberry/Android systems?

Cheap Ass Gamer
CAG
cag

I'd rather have something short and descriptive than something cute like iCAG. I like the names to just be titles, rather than something like The Weather Channel's "Standard" (since the icon has the name).

*Side Note: Any ideas on the Collection being able to link/export/import with the Amazon collection? Or the blog posts to link to a wordpress.org or .com, or rss?

This is messed up, I was considering sending you a message suggesting an iPhone app, because I have Cheapassgamer on my iPhones front page anyway.

CAG mobile or just... CAG.

Please remember the name cannot be too long because it will be truncated on the springboard (which is ugly..).

Example:

2iifuah.png

IMO, CheapAppGamer sounds like an AppSniper type of application, geared towards finding cheap iPhone apps.

CAG, iCag (but I agree with the i prefix being played out), CheapAssGamer, Cheap Gamer, Cheapy Cheapington.

I'm not a huge fan of CAG to Go, or CAG Mobile, because they sound like mobile website names, rather than a full blown app name.

I posted about them making an app ages ago in the CAG cast questions/feedback thread and I posted this:

IMG_0001.png

I think thats fine.

I think anything with App or Apps in the name sounds App Store related.

I had to tell everyone in my office to stop calling our software applications, apps. Mainly because a customer would be confused about iPhone compatibility. I have them trained to say software, programs, or applications, but never APP lol

Yeah, would love an update from Super Programmer John. There's been three separate occasions when I really could have used this app out in the wild in the last couple weeks.

I've been wrapped up with server hardware problems over the past week, and I have a backlog of CAG changes that I'm working through first - it'll likely be released within a week of Cheapy getting back from NY.

My iPhone shortcut to the forums has been named CAGamer for months. Seems acceptible.

Although CheapAppGamer was brilliant.

Internet Space Pimp Express. Just now getting an iPod Touch and looking forward to grabbing this whenever you guys can throw it up in the store.

bread's done
Back