CAG iPhone App is Coming - Give us your name ideas!

CAG Game Hunter-

Probably not possible with the first generation of the CAG APP-
Redlaser.com is giving away a free SDK for it's barcode scanning app (see below)
If you could integrate this into the app and compare real-time online prices vs. the brick & mortar while in store . . . you could turn many in-store impulse buys into online sales (with all the benefits that it provides).

Edit: I am sure they would want a licensing fee or percentage, which may necessitate creating a pro and standard version of the CAG app since you do want it to be a free app.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_hFGsmx_6k&feature=player_embedded

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='h3llbring3r']CAG Game Hunter-

Probably not possible with the first generation of the CAG APP-
Redlaser.com is giving away a free SDK for it's barcode scanning app (see below)
If you could integrate this into the app and compare real-time online prices vs. the brick & mortar while in store . . . you could turn many in-store impulse buys into online sales (with all the benefits that it provides).

Edit: I am sure they would want a licensing fee or percentage, which may necessitate creating a pro and standard version of the CAG app since you do want it to be a free app.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_hFGsmx_6k&feature=player_embedded[/QUOTE]

Nice, looking into it.

i agree. we have the CAGcast, why not the CAGapp? or you could just call it CAG since it will eventually incorporate the standard functions of CAG.

Not sure that barcode idea is worth while, at least not at my local walmart/bestbuy/futureshop (Canada). Mainly because anything that is worth money at these retail stores are locked behind 2 inch glass cabinets. It might be better for used games at trading shops like Blockbusters/EBGames.

I like iCag
Also what would be sweet is to have someway for the app to let you upload pics to CAG.
For people that do blogs and stuff. Also to upload cover art.

Um, Cheapy started this thread back in August and here we are in January and still no app.....way too suck dudes.

[quote name='Shax']Um, Cheapy started this thread back in August and here we are in January and still no app.....way too suck dudes.[/QUOTE]

Well either way, the APP Store approval process can take weeks to months. Maybe it was submitted and is stuck in limbo?

[quote name='ryanflucas']Well either way, the APP Store approval process can take weeks to months. Maybe it was submitted and is stuck in limbo?[/QUOTE]

I've heard it is much speedier lately, but I think that cheapy would tell us either way and that most likely it just hasn't been worked on due to the latest CAG.com overhaul or whatever.

[quote name='ryanflucas']Well either way, the APP Store approval process can take weeks to months. Maybe it was submitted and is stuck in limbo?[/QUOTE]

That is why this should have been an android app:lol:

Nope, we haven't submitted the app yet - it needs some debugging and a couple of features need some polish, but it got buried beneath a slew of marketplace and site changes. With marketplace changes going up as we speak, the iPhone app will be next on the agenda to finish up.

[quote name='johnsdoe00']This app is gonna take longer to come out than Too Human did. Smh.[/QUOTE]

But at least it won't suck as badly.

Cheapy said he probably couldn't integrate it with Amazon due to the terms of their API service. He said he wouldn't talk about it again unless this got fixed, but that it most likely is impossible to fix unless Amazon suddenly becomes willing to change their terms.

I'm paraphrasing a lot.

[quote name='John']No, we're just having to make some substantial changes to exclude Amazon from the app.[/QUOTE]
Sucks for Amazon. Just means other retailers will be able to get the attention of the many mobile CAGs out there. I'm going to go ahead and take a wild guess and say the majority of CAGs either own an iPhone or iTouch.

John and Cheapy: If it makes you feel any better, you're not the first to be screwed by Amazon's refusal to allow folks to use the iPhone API. Another favorite app of mine, Pocketpedia, Bruji's iPhone app that syncs with their great Bookpedia, CDpedia, DVDpedia, Gamepedia programs, was similarly borked. Without the API, they had to pull the app from the store. Those of us who got it before that can still use it, but its functionality has been severely hampered.

If you want to commiserate or maybe share info, see this thread on their site.

[quote name='Tybee']CAG Unlikey
CAG Don't Hold Your Breath
Vapor App[/QUOTE]

Well, after we found we couldn't include Amazon prices we shifted focus onto other areas. The app is still coming, but after some other major features.

scaled.php

via John's Twitter!

Looks good whats the ETA?!

(is that the speck fitted case? I got the same through the apple case program its cool!)

[quote name='saunderscowie']
scaled.php

via John's Twitter!

Looks good whats the ETA?!

(is that the speck fitted case? I got the same through the apple case program its cool!)[/QUOTE]]

This looks awesome!!! :hot:

Can we plz get an update! :drool:

[quote name='time2play']apple didn't allow ASS in the name?[/QUOTE]

There's a UK version of Cheap Ass Gamer, and across the pond they say "arse," not "ass." Super Programmer John is over there, so it's only natural he'd use that as a basis.

[quote name='Tybee']There's a UK version of Cheap Ass Gamer, and across the pond they say "arse," not "ass." Super Programmer John is over there, so it's only natural he'd use that as a basis.[/QUOTE]

It does geolocation using the IP address, or you can manually override your region settings. If you're in the US it says ass, if you're in the UK or Europe it says arse.

[quote name='John']It does geolocation using the IP address, or you can manually override your region settings. If you're in the US it says ass, if you're in the UK or Europe it says arse.[/QUOTE]

It looks awesome John, but is there an ETA? I understand how time consuming these things can be (CS Major currently in school) but just curious as I'm sure I'm not the only one looking forward to it...

[quote name='iHack']It looks awesome John, but is there an ETA? I understand how time consuming these things can be (CS Major currently in school) but just curious as I'm sure I'm not the only one looking forward to it...[/QUOTE]

Definitely this year, it just depends when I can find the time to get the last few things finished.

[quote name='John']It does geolocation using the IP address, or you can manually override your region settings. If you're in the US it says ass, if you're in the UK or Europe it says arse.[/QUOTE]

Geolocated ass is my favorite kind of ass.

[quote name='John']Definitely this year, it just depends when I can find the time to get the last few things finished.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm.... ?

bread's done
Back