CAG iPhone App is Coming - Give us your name ideas!

[quote name='johnsdoe00']Hmmm.... ?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it all depends on your definition of "definitely". I can't release it until all the marketplace changes are finished, and those are imminent.

Is this still coming out?

Oh, and I'm sure you guys are already doing it, but push notifications for the price tracker.

[quote name='jaredstorm']I want this already! Wish we'd get an update on it. :([/QUOTE]

We're in the process of a lot of marketplace tweaks at the moment, as soon as that's over and done with I'll take a look at where we stand - if I think I can get it polished and released relatively quickly, maybe it'll be next on the list. Right now, the status of the app features are as follows:

Marketplace integration: needs updating to work with some of the new features we've added to the marketplace on CAG.
Price tracker: done
Game info/search: done
Forums: done (in web browsing mode at least, ideally I'd put together a fully fledged forum browsing client but that would take a long time for relatively little benefit)
News: done
Collection/wishlist management: done, although it could use a little polish
User profiles: done
Retailer sections (contains lowest prices from each retailer): needs polish

[quote name='John']We're in the process of a lot of marketplace tweaks at the moment, as soon as that's over and done with I'll take a look at where we stand - if I think I can get it polished and released relatively quickly, maybe it'll be next on the list. Right now, the status of the app features are as follows:

Marketplace integration: needs updating to work with some of the new features we've added to the marketplace on CAG.
Price tracker: done
Game info/search: done
Forums: done (in web browsing mode at least, ideally I'd put together a fully fledged forum browsing client but that would take a long time for relatively little benefit)
News: done
Collection/wishlist management: done, although it could use a little polish
User profiles: done
Retailer sections (contains lowest prices from each retailer): needs polish[/QUOTE]

If the marketplace is more or less all that's not finished, why not submit it to apple and get it on the app store now, then just update it to add the marketplace later?

[quote name='Drclaw411']If the marketplace is more or less all that's not finished, why not submit it to apple and get it on the app store now, then just update it to add the marketplace later?[/QUOTE]

That might be an option, we'll figure out what to do once the marketplace changes on the site are done.

John,

Not sure how you are planning to integrate the forums into the CAG app, but I recently discovered the AVS Forum iPhone app and, IMO, it does an AMAZING job of porting that site -- which is nothing more than a massive vBulletin forum -- to the iPhone. Might be worth a look for ideas.

Any updates? I really need to have my Collection and Want List on my phone for on the go shopping. If there's still going to be a delay, is there any way you can add an Excel link to the Want list, like the Collection section has, so Cags can have an Excel Want list on their phones?

[quote name='PhaperPlane']Well at this rate, I think were looking at the next Duke Nukem Forever. I doubt this is ever coming out.[/QUOTE]But, Duke Nukem Forever came out...

[quote name='CheapyD']But, Duke Nukem Forever came out...[/QUOTE]

12 years later...

on the Android 10.0 Snickers Bar...

...the CAG App lol

I like either CAG Mobile or Cheap Ass Gamer Mobile.

It doesn't need some fancy name IMO. Just something that lets you know it's the CAG mobile app.

[quote name='pdm76']What about an Android app? It'd be nice since they sell better than iPhones[/QUOTE]

it's coming out for no phones lol

This app better be better than the phone it's on. This app better lookup the sales and buy and deliver the games to me. This app just better be ...

How can all you guys still act like a 100 year development cycle is normal for an iOS app? I bought an iPhone 3GS in anticipation of this app... And we know that phone came out over 2 years ago. Get it together guys.

[quote name='johnsdoe00']This app better be better than the phone it's on. This app better lookup the sales and buy and deliver the games to me. This app just better be ...

How can all you guys still act like a 100 year development cycle is normal for an iOS app? I bought an iPhone 3GS in anticipation of this app... And we know that phone came out over 2 years ago. Get it together guys.[/QUOTE]

That's a shame, hopefully you've still managed to get some use out of the phone in the meantime, and it hasn't just been sitting on a shelf.

As for the 100 year development cycle, it hasn't been in development since I discovered that we couldn't include Amazon prices. It broke the way the app worked, which required a lot of work to change - with the end result still being an app that only provided prices from other retailers, a pretty shitty compromise. There was one way to get around the restriction, but not without significant changes to the site infrastructure. (Which was long overdue anyway.) So, the upcoming site changes took priority. As soon as we're done with the site conversion, the app is back on. Still, play it safe and try not to rush out to buy a new phone just yet.

CaggingIPHONE
CAGIBOOK
CAGIPHONE
CAGSOUP

is it coming to IPAD or IPOD too if so
CAGGING IPAD or IPOD
CAGIPADBOOK or IPODBOOK
GAGIPAD or IPOD
CAGSOUPIPAD or IPOD

Last edited:
Any update on the app? Cheapy mentioned it for a quick second on one of the recent pod casts but haven't heard anything else recently.

IPS has IP4 on the way, which is mobile-enabled out of the box. (Checked: It's already out.)

Or you can just go the Tapatalk way. (Checked CAG on mobile - looks like you already have Tapatalk enabled.)

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back