CAG League Sports: Madden 12 "JV League" - We Finished 3 Seasons! Thanks Everybody!!!

[quote name='Blade3D']Ummm are we doing NFC or AFC first or just whatever team we want?[/QUOTE]

You're picking the team you want. Doesn't matter which conference. We'll deal with secondary teams once everyone has picked. I'm sending out a round of PM's so everybody is aware it's time to pick. Hoping that will make things go quicker. Obviously, I'm not expecting anything to start till the morning though. Hate that I didn't get this posted till late, but it was a pretty busy Saturday.

[quote name='Yanksfan']Holy shit, fucking last. Damn it. :([/QUOTE]

Well, you can look at it as you were actually the first selected. Interesting that it was done that the first position chosen was actually the last pick.

I may do that next year in my fantasy football league.

[quote name='lyric706']Well as stupid as it may be, I am going with the mighty St. Louis Rams.[/QUOTE]

Probably not stupid. That team has many strong areas in my opinion.

[quote name='AJVtony831']Probably not stupid. That team has many strong areas in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Longtime fan of the Rams, and as silly as it sounds, Madden always is more fun to me if I'm playing with a team I like. Plus, I'm most used to the Rams' strengths and think I'd have a hard time adapting to another team.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Are there still openings? I'd consider joining as the Browns.[/QUOTE]

Well, there are openings. But you would have to take the 17th pick. The Browns could still be available then, but I can't make any promises.

[quote name='hostyl1']Interesting that it was done that the first position chosen was actually the last pick.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's how draft lotteries are usually done. Builds up the suspense, haha. :)

Looks like we're on the 3rd pick now. DarkTower80, you're on the clock!

I'm guessing Brandon (DarkTower) has been at work today and that's why he hasn't made his pick. Hopefully we'll make some substantial progress this evening.

[quote name='DarkTower80']Yep, just got home from work. Will take Baltimore.[/QUOTE]

You rat bastard! lol

Gary Gaga, you're on the clock. :)

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']AVJtony831, your turn. Hoping we can get at least half the picks done tonight.[/QUOTE]

Going to take my favorite team, the Oakland Raiders :D

Good luck with this league, hopefully early January this will be done so I can join for season 2!

Also a suggestion; it might expedite the process if people were to send n8rockerasu your top picks for teams.

[quote name='seen']Good luck with this league, hopefully early January this will be done so I can join for season 2!

Also a suggestion; it might expedite the process if people were to send n8rockerasu your top picks for teams.[/QUOTE]

That's not a bad idea, but it's hard to tell what teams will actually be chosen to know which ones you even have a chance at. I doubt anybody expected the Rams to go first, or even for the Raiders to have been chosen already. Hopefully people will check in with the thread soon as it should be something they do anyway.

11pm is a little late for this father of 3, all 3 and under. Darktower, you're a whore for taking B-more (j/k).

I select - DA BEARS!

[quote name='silversnake5']Is it too late to get on the waiting list? Like others, I'm planning to pick it up on BF.[/QUOTE]

No, it's definitely not too late. Anyone who joins at this point would get tacked on to the end of the team selection draft though. If that's ok with you, I can add you.

All right, we've got a full day to get these picks done now. TheSportsGamer23, you're up next.

docb9110, your turn. Blade, if I remember right, this was your friend who just recently joined CAG. I wasn't able to PM him when I PM'd everybody else, but I just sent him one now. Hopefully he's been following the thread though.

Ahh finally! Sorry everyone my registration required a waiting period to post replies!

Gamer tag is docb9110 and I'm in CST like blade.

I'm taking the Houston Texans.

Did Miss the post where the playing times were posted. I have a newborn daughter so I'm hoping later the better.

Who else besides blade and I are in Texas?

Good luck everyone I'm excited to be apart of this!

[quote name='Blade3D']Could we get a list of what teams are being chosen in the OP? Thanks[/QUOTE]

It is in the OP.

[quote name='Blade3D']Could we get a list of what teams are being chosen in the OP? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the OP is being constantly updated as teams are chosen.

[quote name='Docb9110']Did Miss the post where the playing times were posted. I have a newborn daughter so I'm hoping later the better.[/QUOTE]

No specific times. It will be your and your opponent's responsibility to get in touch with each other (preferably through CAG) and schedule a time that you both can play. Communication is key. I can post people's regular availability in the OP if that will help though. Anybody who wants to post their availability, feel free.

KasterDB, you're on the clock. Really hope we can get this thing moving quicker.

[quote name='Blade3D']Ah I see it, figured it would have been where the draft order was.[/QUOTE]

Nah, eventually that's going to get buried in a spoiler tag. The member list will always be front and center in the OP.

All right, two more picks taken care of. Superstar, we're up to you.

Well, I was hoping the Saints were going to make it but they got picked right before me...lol

I'll take the Lions.

Also, are we going to play with current rosters?

[quote name='Blade3D']Also, are we going to play with current rosters?[/QUOTE]

I believe online franchise automatically uses the most recent rosters. I just looked at the set up right now and don't see any option for choosing rosters. What we do need to decide on is quarter length and yes/no to clock run off. The other league uses 5 minute quarters with no run off, which seems to work fine. I'd be fine with using that unless someone has a convincing argument otherwise.

Just 3 more picks! Can we finish tonight? Hell Monkey, you're next!

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']No, it's definitely not too late. Anyone who joins at this point would get tacked on to the end of the team selection draft though. If that's ok with you, I can add you.

All right, we've got a full day to get these picks done now. TheSportsGamer23, you're up next.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good, my gamertag is Symb1oteSpider and I'm EST. Just throw me to the end of the line and I'll pick my team when it's my turn. If you need anymore information, just let me know

Hmm...little worried about Hell Monkey's interest. He hasn't been on CAG since he expressed interest in joining. He did mention not being sure how much time he would have though. I guess I'll give him till Midnight EST. If we haven't heard from him by then, we'll skip him and move on. If he decides he still wants to play, he can make his pick whenever he's on next.

G33, Yanksfan, and silversnake5, be on standby to make your picks if you're around. I'm hoping we won't get held up much more.

Ok, Yanksfan. You're up next! (See, you're not the last pick. silversnake5 has that now, haha ;))

btw, G33, what's your gamertag so I can add it to the OP...and what time zone are you in?

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Ok, Yanksfan. You're up next! (See, you're not the last pick. silversnake5 has that now, haha ;))

btw, G33, what's your gamertag so I can add it to the OP...and what time zone are you in?[/QUOTE]

Gamertag: Kauaiian Ninja
Time Zone: HST (Hawaiian Standard Time)

hey im new to the other league not sure how i will do in there but from wut ive seen they got some guyes that look pretty good from the standings wouldnt mind join this league as well if thats cool
my XBL is dvo21 TZ central and if ur cool with me joining just send a PM

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Ok, Yanksfan. You're up next! (See, you're not the last pick. silversnake5 has that now, haha ;))

btw, G33, what's your gamertag so I can add it to the OP...and what time zone are you in?[/QUOTE]

Yup, and there are good teams left. I have never played with anyone but the Packers in Madden, so they will all be new to me.

I will be selecting..the Atlanta Falcons.

bread's done
Back