CAG League Sports: Madden 12 "JV League" - We Finished 3 Seasons! Thanks Everybody!!!

[quote name='campbellbj1']I need a sub tonight too if possible maybe we can back to back? You sub for Tampa Bay and I sub for Cards. I have a game at 6:30CST in the official league I could play right after that or we could start at 5 and I could play back to back to back lol. let me know[/QUOTE]

Did Kaster give up Tampa Bay? I must have missed that.

[quote name='Tanabeo']i still need a inv back[/QUOTE]

I'll get you one when I'm on later tonight.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Did Kaster give up Tampa Bay? I must have missed that.

I'll get you one when I'm on later tonight.[/QUOTE]

No, just I'm busy this weekend and my availibility didn't line up with his. That reminds me, I need to PM my Broncos opponent, lol.

Oh, Nate, I forgot to tell you that I completely forgot to play my game with the Chargers the first week you were absent. I would say give me a strike, but I'm not making the playoffs anyway lol.

[quote name='Tanabeo']Im going to need a sub for the jags[/QUOTE]

You've been invited back, btw. Sorry it took so long.

Also, I'll be available to sub for people most of the weekend. I'll also need a sub myself for ATL, since Yanksfan has left us again.

Looks like we're limping to the finish here with a lot of empty teams. I'm thinking what MIGHT be a good idea for anyone who would like to continue with season 3, would maybe be to not worry about secondary/sub games at all, and move up to a 3 day (or maybe even a 2 day) advance schedule. At that point, the league would probably just be here for people who care about growing their team, so with less human vs human games, keeping things moving might help. Just another idea. Definitely open to suggestions though.

[quote name='Blade3D']For now...[/QUOTE]

If you really want to quit that bad, man, just quit. He can play the CPU. Since we've moved on to that portion of the league's life cycle anyway, it doesn't really make much difference anymore.

[quote name='campbellbj1']I need a sub tonight too if possible maybe we can back to back? You sub for Tampa Bay and I sub for Cards. I have a game at 6:30CST in the official league I could play right after that or we could start at 5 and I could play back to back to back lol. let me know[/QUOTE]

Just saw this. Can you do tonight?

Me and Nextel couldn't play last night. But I pm'ed him this morning.

Ultimate Matt if you see this look for another sub for the Chargers, I have a busy weekend, except maybe tomorrow morning, but I want to play Nextel then.

[quote name='dptang0']i've attempted contacting dvo about our game through xbox and pm but no response. when is the deadline?[/QUOTE]

Edit: Wrong thread!

[quote name='dptang0']i've attempted contacting dvo about our game through xbox and pm but no response. when is the deadline?[/QUOTE]

This is probably what BV would have said too, lol, but look at the thread title, man. It's right there.

Also, can anybody sub for Atlanta tonight? I can play any time between 7 PM EST and 2 AM EST. Just need to know the time in advance. If not, I'll just play the CPU tomorrow.

[quote name='dptang0']well then what do i do if i don't get a response by tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

You make sure to let us know in the thread, and I'll boot him so you can play the CPU.

Posting this again for everyone's benefit. This is basically how scheduling games should be handled from here on out.

Day 1 (or even day before): Contact opponent
Day 2: Contact opponent again
Day 3 (with no communication): Ask for a sub
Day 4 (with no communication or offers to sub): Play CPU

If you play an open team, obviously, feel free to ask for a sub from day 1. If you play a team that someone is logged in as, and you haven't heard from them/haven't set up a time by day 4, let me know so I can boot them so you can play the CPU.

This should be pretty easy to follow. We shouldn't have ANY games go unplayed with this system.

I thought this was a stand up league ans since im currently playing in a game and all the guy is doing is running around with his qb. I am now going to run wild with vick and young. Its so cheesy and so not normall i dobt care these are ur rules and ill also run the clock. I hate doin this but i hate cheap play. Thank u and goodnight.

[quote name='N3XTLVL']I thought this was a stand up league ans since im currently playing in a game and all the guy is doing is running around with his qb. I am now going to run wild with vick and young. Its so cheesy and so not normall i dobt care these are ur rules and ill also run the clock. I hate doin this but i hate cheap play. Thank u and goodnight.[/QUOTE]

5 attempts for like 26 yards, longest 19 for newcomber.

I repeat 5 ATTEMPTS

That blows you didn't know you could do that, having Vick and all.

[quote name='N3XTLVL']And then u call a time out on second down in the 4th with thirty seconds lol gg whatever.[/QUOTE]

Lol that was a huge play, you weren't down by that much and audibled. I can call a timeout and get a new play.

Glad to know we have such a salty individual in the division.

GG

Ur full of and a cheeser u use expliots i wasnt gonna make a deal of it but u use ever dirty move. I lock u down for 2quaters then u revert to cheese. I dont care about wins i just want a straight game. Have fun winning means nothing in that this is a video game not real life. Enjoy and thank you

Jeez "I locked you down" says the guy who can't score a touchdown all game. Thanks for the pick 6 for the win. But yea, blame it all on me and my 5 runs with the quarterback for 26 yards.

Goon.

[quote name='N3XTLVL']Yeah five times past the line not to mention the more than 20 times u ran around trying to run.[/QUOTE]

Like the time I threw the bomb to my tight end over your head :D

You didn't and still don't seem to know the rules. So it's cool man, I won't hold your stupidity against you.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Nano blitzing is a pretty serious accusation. I've played LV, and while he does rely on QB scrambling and hurry-up offense quite a bit, I've never seen him nano blitz. Describe what happened.

As for the scrambling, the AI won't stop it. That's just the way the game plays. They react too slowly and it takes them too long to get moving if they're not expecting it. It's YOUR job to tell them to expect it by calling the right plays and making the right adjustments. If you know he's wanting to scramble, tell your DE's to QB Contain. Having a pass rush does little good if he can just step forward and take off for 10 yards. But if you cut off his angles, you force him to rely on his arm. You just have to know how to handle it.

[quote name='N3XTLVL']Or evry third down u nano blitz me[/QUOTE]

No idea what he is talking about. I'd love a thought out explanation of what I did though.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']
If you know he's wanting to scramble, tell your DE's to QB Contain.[/QUOTE]

This is excellent advice. If my opponent is rushing a lot with the QB, I'll usually audible one end into contain and the other into spy. I've found that to be very effective in preventing him from getting the edge, and those guys aren't so committed to the QB that they're useless against halfbacks running. I agree that heavy blitzing isn't the way to slow it down.

Well, if NXTLVL is going to accuse people of it, I think he should be the one to explain what it is.

Also, if anyone needs a sub or would like to sub (for ATL), I'll be on my Xbox for the next few hours. Just shoot me a message.

Shakiun and moving the freekin line back and forth so everyone blitzes .like i said i play strait always no cheap shit but if im allowed to be cheesy thats fine. My point is he played straight up for almost two quaters then started playing like a 16 year old douche bag

Look i dont care if i win or loose i just dont want to play people who have to uae errora in the game in order to win . There ia enough to figure without that

LV said I could go ahead and play a sub in PMs, anyone interested? I have a small window now, but could again in the afternoon around 3 or 4. If I'll play the CPU in the early evening.

Oh, I know this isn't quite in the 4 day schedule, but we did have a game planned for today, but I guess he'd rather I find a sub now.

[quote name='N3XTLVL']Shakiun and moving the freekin line back and forth so everyone blitzes .like i said i play strait always no cheap shit but if im allowed to be cheesy thats fine. My point is he played straight up for almost two quaters then started playing like a 16 year old douche bag[/QUOTE]

Honestly you can go F*ck yourself dude. I played the same way I've played all season.

Well, the problem is, not everyone has a clear understanding of what is actually a "nano" blitz. Just doing a search on Youtube for "Madden 12 nano" brings up a ridiculous amount of results, citing all kinds of different plays and formations. My understanding of what constitutes a nano is continuously shifting players back and forth to confuse the AI with who they need to block. This is showcased PROMINENTLY with the "shake blitz" that people do with their LB's this year

(seen here)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzclPyE4J0M

This guy even has a video about "how to stop shake blitzers", using it as justification for it being a valid strategy. The problem is, after having one asshole trying to game the system, countered by another asshole trying to adjust to the cheating, what you end up with looks NOTHING like a real football game.

(see for yourself)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_KqeuXTYgs

But unless someone is doing THIS, I have a hard time considering it a nano. There was a good discussion on the topic on the EA forums last year, with people trying to differentiate between gap overload (which is a real strategy) vs a nano. Setting up multiple defenders to rush the same area SHOULD be a legit strategy. But continuously moving players around pre-snap seems like it could give you an unrealistic advantage. It's the same thing with moving your kick returner backward, and then running forward so he's at full speed when he catches the ball. Just seems unrealistic.

hey guys going to be gone tommrow and tuesday with work shit been so busy with that lately havent really been around but with work picking up like crazy lately im going to have to drop my secondary team to hard to keep up with a total of 3 teams with both leagues combined but im still going to be around for the cowboys thats for sure

[quote name='DVO21']hey guys going to be gone tommrow and tuesday with work shit been so busy with that lately havent really been around but with work picking up like crazy lately im going to have to drop my secondary team to hard to keep up with a total of 3 teams with both leagues combined but im still going to be around for the cowboys thats for sure[/QUOTE]

That's understandable. You're definitely not the first. Just glad you're not quitting entirely.

bread's done
Back