CAG MLB Bobblehead League -DONT BUY DLC, wont be able to play!!!!!

USERS

FrankySox / FrankySox / Phillies
Pure Apathy / Pure Apathy / Rangers
DestroVega / DestroVega / Yankees
Viva Las Vegas / DROPPIN LOADZ / Reds
sp8001 / KGSoloman8000 / Giants
Matt Young / X Matt Young X / White Sox
ubernes / broadway row / Mets
Steggy / K1LLSBURY / Brewers
Wpark83 / Wpark83 / Rockies

SCHEDULING

You need to play everybody twice, one home and one away. The user who sends the invite will always be the home team. Also we have 18 games so no pitcher is to be used more than four times. Results for each game should be posted in the thread as well as which pitcher was started

RULES

9 inning games
No starters to be used in relief
No starter can start more than four games
Top 4 teams make playoffs
World Series is best of 3

STANDINGS

Team - Record - Starters (times used)

Phillies 4-4 - Halladay(1) C. Lee(2) Oswalt(2) Hamels(2) Blanton(1)
Rangers 2-2 - Wilson(1) Lewis(2) Ogando(1) ?() ?()
Yankees 3-4 - Sabathia(2) Nova(1) Burnett(1) Garcia(2) Hughes(1)
Reds 2-1 - Cueto(2) Arroyo(1) ?() ?() ?()
Giants 1-2 - Bumgarner(1) Cain(1) Zito(1) ?() ?()
White Sox 0-1 - Buehrle(1) ?() ?() ?() ?()
Mets 4-2 - Niese(1) Dickey(1) Santana(2) Pelfrey(1) Young(1)
Brewers 0-3 - Greinke(1) Gallardo(1) Marcum(1) ?() ?()
Rockies 3-0 - Jiminez(1) De La Rosa(1) Hammel(1) ?() ?()

HR Leaders

C. Gonzalez (5)
Votto (3)
Beltre (3)
Stubs (1)
R. Howard (1)
Ibanez (1)
Victorino (1)
Granderson (2)
Kinsler (1)
Cruz (1)
Fielder (1)
Greinke (1)
A. Rodriguez (1)
Cano (1)
I. Stewart (1)
Tulowitzki (1)
Hamilton (1)
Young (1)

Last edited by a moderator:
Between a lowball pickup and the steam sale... I have spent more than my monthly gaming budget... but this sounds too fun to pass up. Time to scrounge up some points.

Count me in...

sp8001/KGSoloman8000/Giants

Is there any way to change your sn on CAG? I would love to match it up with my gamertag to make things easier.

BTW, well done Pure... never seen an OP get ninja'd in his own thread lol.

I'm in but going to take a look at the teams. I wasgoingto go Reds over my Mets since they are so bad butmaybe I'll suck it up.

Just had an idea...

You guys wanna spice up the league a little bit by adding prizes? Everyone who participates can chip in $5 and we could award MS point cards to the winner and runner up.... 4000 to first and 1600 to second.

At $5 a head, we would need 14 teams.

Yea, I know... I'm a degenerate gambler lol.

Good idea? or terrible idea? LMK :D

[quote name='ubernes']I'm in but going to take a look at the teams. I wasgoingto go Reds over my Mets since they are so bad butmaybe I'll suck it up.[/QUOTE]

the Reds got picked so do you want the Mets? I'm thinking about cutting the team signups off after we have 8 players. We can then decide what we want to do as far as season length and playoffs. I'd like to keep this smaller to ensure we get the games played and this stays active.

Also here is a list of preliminary ideas for the league:

14 game season (playing everyone twice)
Schedule will be randomly generated and pitchers will be assigned to each game keeping a rotation in effect (obviously you'll be able to play the games in any order)
4 team playoff - World Series is best of 3
Must use relief pitchers when making a change in game

I think that's it, I'd love to see what everyone else thinks whose already signed up. Trying to keep it simple and I think this achieves that. I'll clean up the OP once we have all the rules and players ready to go.

I think 10 would be good and still small enough, just my two cents

My brother wants in, he is on CAG but can't get to a computer right now. Wpark83 is his name on both CAG and XBL

[quote name='DestroVega']I think 10 would be good and still small enough, just my two cents

My brother wants in, he is on CAG but can't get to a computer right now. Wpark83 is his name on both CAG and XBL[/QUOTE]

Yeah if we can get 10 that's cool, but that would probably be the most I'd want to go.

How soon are we going to start? I wanna get some practice in ;)...

How many games a week are we going to play?

Are you guys going to be using mics during games?

Rules sound fine to me. Just make sure everyone is on the same difficulty setting if that even makes a difference online.

[quote name='sp8001']How soon are we going to start? I wanna get some practice in ;)...

How many games a week are we going to play?

Are you guys going to be using mics during games?

Rules sound fine to me. Just make sure everyone is on the same difficulty setting if that even makes a difference online.[/QUOTE]

1 - As soon as we have 10 players and I get a schedule generated

2 - 2 to 3 games a week I imagine. I'm not going to put a definite number on it as I feel if you want to be in this league I shouldn't have to force people to get their games played.

3 - I'll be using a mic most of the time, however it certainly won't be required

I'll look into the difficulty.

I'm going to go Mets. I only played with them a couple times, but it seemed like their ranking on the menu screen was a bit more harsh than how they played on the field. I'd feel weird playing a season with any other teams anyways.

[quote name='sp8001']BTW, well done Pure... never seen an OP get ninja'd in his own thread lol.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, and yeah, I have no idea how that happened!

[quote name='FrankySox']Ok Destro I'm holding a spot for Wpark so we only need one more person![/QUOTE]

He'll take the Rockies and I told him to post here as soon as he can.

[quote name='WTPolaris']I'd be interested in this but I haven't ever played in a CAG league at all. Would that be a problem?[/QUOTE]

Not a problem at all as long as you're willing to play your games!

Yeah, I'm very down for this. And Franky, just to clarify, my Xbox Tag is also Wpark83, no spaces in between. And just for everyone's info, I probably will never be on mic, never really use it.

I hardly ever use my mic, either.

To anyone here, feel free to shoot me a friend request. I'm usually on mostly in the PM hours, with this week being moreso because of having to work morning shifts.

[quote name='DestroVega']there's only 9 people listed in the OP[/QUOTE]

Yeah sorry I should have clarified. Since we are just playing each other twice we don't really need an even amount of teams. I don't want to hold this up from getting started so we'll just run with 9 teams.

I just assumed we'd be playing 9 inning games. If people want to play less we could make adjustments but I'd prefer to keep it at nine

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I think 9 is good.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

I just bought the game tonight. Give me a day or 2 before I play any league games. Wanna get better acquainted with it :).

My schedule is pretty flexible, although I usually game during the evenings.

Wow, any way to turn off the lame extra innings rules? I didn't realize the bases were loaded in the 10th and 1. got tagged up to end the inning and then 2. missed an easy double play to lose the game. Awesome game, I wish it just wasn't soured by the lame rules which I think are standard.

^ I totally agree, I realized in my half that's why I paused and my pitcher threw the lame straight first pitch, I'm willing to play that game again, that's corny shit man.

Is there any way to change it? or should we re-start a game and play it as extras

Umm maybe a 3 innings standoff? It's not like there were any offensive highlights of note being 0-0 haha. I think there is a way to turn it off when you set up the game. There has to be. I know it's listed as an option when I get the invite.

Edit: And I can play those 3 now is you want to bang it out. I don't mind either way, but I think we were both feeling that game so. Maybe to start the new game we should go with our bullpen though. Both of our starters were pretty gassed anyways.

ok well from now on everyone needs to know. I can't play now but let's resume 0-0 in a new game, I'll invite you so I'm bottom inning.

Burnett vs. Dickey. If you wanna put in relievers quick that's fine. In fact, let's say 1 inning max for our two starters since they already pitched 9. and we'll treat it like extra innings. I'll make the game 9 innings though.

Sounds fair to me. My next availability may be Saturday afternoon, but I may have a window after work tomorrow as well. We'll figure it out.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you can't change the extra innings rule which is unfortunate. Not really sure why it's called a custom game when you can't change anything. So I think if we just start a new game with relievers and keep going until someone wins an inning.

^^^ There has got to be a way to change that... Wouldn't make much sense if you couldn't... I'll look into it a little more today to see what I can find out.

I can understand why the extra innings bases loaded rule exists when playing randoms online (to prevent lengthy games)... but when you set up a game to play with friends, you should be able to set it however you like.

If not, that is a pretty big fuck up by Konami.

[quote name='Matt Young']Man, you should have told me about this in one of the messages... One of you, Franky or PureApathy. :whistle2:/ Booooooo.[/QUOTE]

I think there is still 1 spot open and still time.

I played an online match today... got randomly paired up with someone from Japan. Felt like he was on 56k... The game was seriously playing in slow motion. Pretty bad experience. Definitely was not fun.

And you can't quit once the lag-fest has started or else you forfeit and add a loss onto your record. Pretty dumb...

If there is any way to set it up to only play US players, please let me know. I don't want to play any more super lag matches. It completely ruins the game.

The extra innings rule is BS too... you have a nice long battle with someone, only to have it ruined by some stupid rule for bases loaded extra innings. Let's see who can sacrifice fly the most... pretty terrible. Was this rule in the previous power pros games?

[quote name='Matt Young']Man, you should have told me about this in one of the messages... One of you, Franky or PureApathy. :whistle2:/ Booooooo.[/QUOTE]

Yeah nobody has played their game yet so you could definitely get in.

I could play a game right now if someone wants. Just add me as a friend or I'll check back on here. Be online in about 15 minutes, probably for the rest of the afternoon so shoot me a message!

Ok so here would be a sample post of the results, even though this isn't a sample but a real result

Phillies 4 Rockies (HOME) 14
Lee - Jiminez

HR
Phillies - Victorino
Rockies - C. Gonzalez (2)

Good game Wpark

[quote name='FrankySox']Ok so here would be a sample post of the results, even though this isn't a sample but a real result

Phillies 4 Rockies (HOME) 14
Lee - Jiminez

HR
Phillies - Victorino
Rockies - C. Gonzalez (2)

Good game Wpark[/QUOTE]

You too, man.

Rockies are off to a hot start ;)

I have 2 of you on my friends list now, I am going to shoot out FR to the rest of you. I am down to play a game or two tonight.

Looks like the first DLC came out today... for $5... OUCH!

EDIT: Sent them out... I think your FL might be be full Pure.

bread's done
Back