CAG MLB Bobblehead League -DONT BUY DLC, wont be able to play!!!!!

Giants (HOME) 2 - Phillies 1
Bumgarner - Halladay

HR - NONE

Good game, great pitching. Thought I might have a chance at the end there when I hit that triple.

[quote name='Matt Young']Man, you should have told me about this in one of the messages... One of you, Franky or PureApathy. :whistle2:/ Booooooo.[/QUOTE]

I did tell you to check out the game on FB, but you said you already had the Show and 2k11, so I didn't bother to tell you about doing a league. :cry:

[quote name='sp8001']Rockies are off to a hot start ;)

I have 2 of you on my friends list now, I am going to shoot out FR to the rest of you. I am down to play a game or two tonight.

Looks like the first DLC came out today... for $5... OUCH!

EDIT: Sent them out... I think your FL might be be full Pure.[/QUOTE]

Yep, my FL is full and I'm not sure I have anyone on there I want to delete. I'll have to go through it and see, but I know I won't be able to add everyone in the league to my FL.

[quote name='FrankySox']Phillies (HOME) 7 - Giants 1
Oswalt - Cain

HR
NONE[/QUOTE]

Kind of bitter about that game lol. I've never seen someone hit so many ground balls in one game. Aside from swinging at bad pitches, what am I doing wrong? It sure doesn't look like I am hitting on top of them EVERY SINGLE TIME. Sometimes it feels like it all boils down to luck... (along with the errors, my catcher let a ball past him in each game lol... yours was flawless :))

At least I didn't let you get the shutout.

Well played sir.

[quote name='sp8001']Kind of bitter about that game lol. I've never seen someone hit so many ground balls in one game. Aside from swinging at bad pitches, what am I doing wrong? It sure doesn't look like I am hitting on top of them EVERY SINGLE TIME. Sometimes it feels like it all boils down to luck... (along with the errors, my catcher let a ball past him in each game lol... yours was flawless :))

At least I didn't let you get the shutout.

Well played sir.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm not sure, sometimes this game just hands out sour apples I guess. I mean EVERYTHING was a ground ball up until the ninth inning when you got your run. Good games though, especially the first one!

[quote name='FrankySox']Yeah I'm not sure, sometimes this game just hands out sour apples I guess. I mean EVERYTHING was a ground ball up until the ninth inning when you got your run. Good games though, especially the first one![/QUOTE]

I'm sure my skills will improve :D!

I was pretty impressed with that line drive I was able to dive and snag in the top of the 8th in the first game. I felt like that was the key to my victory lol.

You were hitting very well in the 2nd game. I was trying to throw some nasty stuff at you but you just kept clobbering all of it. Once it was 7 to zip, my team's morale sunk into the depths of the abyss lol.

Had a blast playing with you. Maybe we will butt heads again in the playoffs (fingers crossed).

Take care and good luck out there ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Phillies (HOME) 10 - Yankees 0
Lee - Nova

HR
NONE

Good game, I was trying to start Hamels but I accidently put Lee in there, I guess only two starts left for him!

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Will there be another one of these? I'd love to play. Didn't even know Konami was making a game like this-- definitely gonna demo it and see how it plays.[/QUOTE]

If this one works out well probably

[quote name='Steggy']Anyone available to play within the next 3 hrs?[/QUOTE]

Lets play

I'll be on most of the night if anyone else wants to get a game in!

Hey Franky.... sorry I gotta work early in the morning. Just got two games in...

Sorry I forget exact stats.

Brewers (HOME) 5? - 6 Reds

HR - Fielder, Greinke

Reds (HOME) 4 - Brewers 0

HR - a bunch by him and I forget whom. Yea I know I need to keep better track and I appologize. Hopefully hte reds owner can chime in shortly.

[quote name='Steggy']Hey Franky.... sorry I gotta work early in the morning. Just got two games in...

Sorry I forget exact stats.

Brewers (HOME) 5? - 6 Reds

HR - Fielder, Greinke

Reds (HOME) 4 - Brewers 0

HR - a bunch by him and I forget whom. Yea I know I need to keep better track and I appologize. Hopefully hte reds owner can chime in shortly.[/QUOTE]

Do you by chance remember who the other pitchers that were used are?

[quote name='FrankySox']Do you by chance remember who the other pitchers that were used are?[/QUOTE]

Gallardo- Cueto
greinke - arroyo

Anyone interested in playing with me, I'll be on late tonight after I get home from work. Should be around 11PM EST.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I did tell you to check out the game on FB, but you said you already had the Show and 2k11, so I didn't bother to tell you about doing a league. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I heard nothing about a league, though. If there's a game I'm on the fence about, I'll probably buy it if friends are playing. I did that with Full House Poker in April... and then everyone stopped playing. But to play in a league with you guys, sure.

[quote name='Regian']Anyone interested in playing with me, I'll be on late tonight after I get home from work. Should be around 11PM EST.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I should be on tonight if you still want to play, I'll look for you and send you a message if I see you on.

Well, I might not be able to play in this league for a really dumb reason.

I tried to match up with Franky here a few moments ago. The game said that it was "impossible" to play him because our rosters were different.

This basically means that if you buy the DLC, you can only be matched with others with the DLC.

What a fucking rib.

Hopefully nobody else bought it because that would essentially kill this league. I guess Matt will just take Regian's place unless we can find a fix.

Phillies (HOME) 3 - Mets 0
Oswalt - Riese

I'm going to take a break for awhile and hopefully others can get in games with on another. Don't want to be finished when everyone else has only played five games. Hopefully you guys can get a good amount of games in this weekend, and that DLC issue wont be a big problem.

[quote name='sp8001']Good idea... Try it out :)[/QUOTE]

Well I'm sure you can and that's what I told him to do, but is it really worth it to delete it every time you want to play a game?

Results

Yankees (home) 2 Mets 0 (10 Innings)

Burnett, Dickey

HRS - A. Rod

Yankees 2 Mets 4 (home)

Garcia, Johan Santana

nice games, Jeter was so close to tying it in the 7th

[quote name='Matt Young']I need practice since I just got the game, but I'd be willing to set something up for tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Do you still want to play sometime today? I'm available to play up until 5 PST.

Yup, I'm online now just in season mode. Let me get back on as I just took a little computer break to check a couple things.

bread's done
Back