CAG MLB Bobblehead League -DONT BUY DLC, wont be able to play!!!!!

[quote name='ubernes']Yup, I'm online now just in season mode. Let me get back on as I just took a little computer break to check a couple things.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I'm getting on now.

Mets 4 @ Rangers 3
Young vs Ogando
Mets squeaked this one out in the 8th. Tough game. I swung at A LOT of trash haha. Need to get that plate discipline up.

[quote name='FrankySox']I'll probably be on for a little while after 9est time if anyone wants to play a quick game or two.[/QUOTE]

Did we play my home game? I don't think we did. I can be on around 9. I'm just making dinner now so it may be closer to 9:30pm, but I'm up for any games tonight. Let's see if these Mets can stay above .500.

Two games to recap

Yankees 2 Reds (home) 0

Garcia vs cueto?

no homers

I figured he had submitted the result last night sorry

and right now Yankees 10 (home) Giants 1

Sabathia Zito

HR Granderson

[quote name='Regian']If Matt wants to take my place in the league, he can. I don't want to hold you guys up.[/QUOTE]

I am not sure how that works since there was still one spot open, and you and I have different teams.

Anyone want to play tonight? I should be available in the 7-10pm range though I want to watch the majority of the Mets game.

[quote name='Matt Young']I am not sure how that works since there was still one spot open, and you and I have different teams.[/QUOTE]

we were only going to go with 9.

In any case, seems we have become a bit stagnant already, hope this doesn't fade into obscurity.

My brother is on vacation this week. he'll be back Sunday.

[quote name='DestroVega']we were only going to go with 9.

In any case, seems we have become a bit stagnant already, hope this doesn't fade into obscurity.

My brother is on vacation this week. he'll be back Sunday.[/QUOTE]

I know I hear ya. That's why I slowed down because I didn't want to get so far ahead and realize I just wasted my time because people wont play their games.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I can play tonight around 10:30 CST or after if anyone would like to get a game in.[/QUOTE]

I will likely still be around then. Had an intense and early happy hour so I think I'm in for the night if anyone wants to get a game in. Still very interested in the league AND active! PA, I think our next game is my home one but correct me if I'm wrong.

Results

Mets 13 (home) vs Phils 3
Hamels, Santana

Poor fielding by me early. Franky had some AI base running issues and gave up on this pretty early. Not my ideal game but whatever. Let's try to play our games out people. I didn't give up after conceding 3 runs on easy outs.

[quote name='ubernes']Results

Mets 13 (home) vs Phils 3
Hamels, Santana

Poor fielding by me early. Franky had some AI base running issues and gave up on this pretty early. Not my ideal game but whatever. Let's try to play our games out people. I didn't give up after conceding 3 runs on easy outs.[/QUOTE]

Oh ubernes, you cry when you lose and even when you win. I mean when you get a double play on a base hit into the outfield because the computer doesn't advance that's a joke. Also dropping a routine fly ball to end the inning is not cool. Honestly it's a waste of you're time and what's obviously infinitely more valuable, my time to play a game as flawed as this. I'd rather be playing something else.

"Let's try to play our games out people", if this is directed towards me you can just say, if it's not who else hasn't been playing out their games? I'm still going to play in the league because I created it but I'd like to see more people getting games in. Reds, Brewers you still in here?

[quote name='FrankySox']Oh ubernes, you cry when you lose and even when you win. I mean when you get a double play on a base hit into the outfield because the computer doesn't advance that's a joke. Also dropping a routine fly ball to end the inning is not cool. Honestly it's a waste of you're time and what's obviously infinitely more valuable, my time to play a game as flawed as this. I'd rather be playing something else.

"Let's try to play our games out people", if this is directed towards me you can just say, if it's not who else hasn't been playing out their games? I'm still going to play in the league because I created it but I'd like to see more people getting games in. Reds, Brewers you still in here?[/QUOTE]

I have to assume you've played the game long enough that the AI will sit between the bases on balls that can be caught, it sucks it doesn't just 'know' but you can move them back or advance them on your own. It's not game breaking.

If you'd rather be playing something else then go ahead. No one is forcing you to run the league. It just looks poor for the guy running it to be such a poor sport. Yeah, I said my fielding suck one of the times I lost. Because... it did. I didn't say the game was broke, I was complaining about me.

Clearly, let's play our games out people was directed at you but this has happened to me on other leagues, for other games in this forum so I felt the need to make it catch-all. Like I said before, I'm active, willing to play my games, but when the guy running the league gets all pissy because of one AI base-running mistake it really doesn't make me want to pop in here anytime soon to track down another person to play.

[quote name='ubernes']I will likely still be around then. Had an intense and early happy hour so I think I'm in for the night if anyone wants to get a game in. Still very interested in the league AND active! PA, I think our next game is my home one but correct me if I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

Yep, our next game is at home for you. It might be a few minutes after 10:30, but I plan to be home from the gym around that time. If you're not on, we can just try playing another night!

[quote name='ubernes']I will likely still be around then. Had an intense and early happy hour so I think I'm in for the night if anyone wants to get a game in. Still very interested in the league AND active! PA, I think our next game is my home one but correct me if I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

I'm ready to play.

Hey guys, I've been gone a week on vacation, but I'm ready to play again. Should be around tonight around 6-8, or between 11-12 pm. Let me know if anyone wants to play.

I played part of 1 with Franky and we ended it. Connection quality was terrible, like Tecmo Bowl Throwback style. Only Destro and Pure Apathy have even attempted to schedule a game with me.

I didn't think you meant anything by it, but I am actually holding things up in part. I was pointing out the possibility of others being disinterested. I have been put off by the serious lag.

Rangers 25 @ Mets 9

Holland vs Dickey

HR's -

Josh Hamilton x2 (one in the 3 inning game and one in the 6 inning game)
Adrian Beltre x2

When we played our first game it was set at 3 innings and at the end of it I was up by one HR. So we played a 6 inning game so we could get a full 9 innings in. So I had one HR with Hamilton in the 3 inning game and another HR with him in the 6 inning game.

Yikes. That last inning fell apart on me and I didn't realize there was no mercy rule in the last inning. I think it went from 7-6, 8-6 to 12-6 in a hurry and at that point I just tried to end the game. My offense just doesn't have that kind of fire power. No such luck as you can tell from the score. And then I couldn't even get him out once I tried haha. Sorry about that, PA.

edit: I think I'm going to call it quits. I have the majority of my games in anyways and I don't think I'm anywhere near the playoffs. With Madden coming up and me trying to push along my other Bobblehead League it's one too many video games on my plate for the summer. Good luck to everyone the rest of the way. And play your damn games ;)

[quote name='ubernes']Yikes. That last inning fell apart on me and I didn't realize there was no mercy rule in the last inning. I think it went from 7-6, 8-6 to 12-6 in a hurry and at that point I just tried to end the game. My offense just doesn't have that kind of fire power. No such luck as you can tell from the score. And then I couldn't even get him out once I tried haha. Sorry about that, PA.[/QUOTE]

No problem, I thought you had me beat after I messed up the base running with my guy on 3rd on that passed ball!

[quote name='ubernes']
edit: I think I'm going to call it quits. I have the majority of my games in anyways and I don't think I'm anywhere near the playoffs. With Madden coming up and me trying to push along my other Bobblehead League it's one too many video games on my plate for the summer. Good luck to everyone the rest of the way. And play your damn games ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ubernes']Let's try to play our games out people. I didn't give up after conceding 3 runs on easy outs.[/QUOTE]

Wait, can we reference this back to the post where you want people to play things out? I mean the proof is in the pudding, and the pudding=you are a joke. Anybody see a problem with those two quotes? Glad you're leaving Ubernes you are a crybaby and all you do is whine, peace out and good luck in Madden.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']No problem, I thought you had me beat after I messed up the base running with my guy on 3rd on that passed ball![/QUOTE]

Haha yeah, the first few innings was the battle of the bad fielding. We both missed potential outs that turned into runs. Arthur Rhodes is a damn beast btw. I couldn't find his slider in OR out of the zone for the life of me. I have terrible plate discipline as is but he made me look silly for 1-2 innings.

[quote name='FrankySox']
Wait, can we reference this back to the post where you want people to play things out? I mean the proof is in the pudding, and the pudding=you are a joke.[/QUOTE]

Man, why you getting so worked up over a game? There's a huge difference between me raising the white flag on the bottom of the ninth (it was the 6th in this case, but we only played 6) and you giving up 3 innings in on a bad AI base running play. I don't know why you're still stuck on this. We stated our opinions a week ago. Time to move on buddy.

edit: and the biggest difference between what I was trying to do and what you did is I was trying to save PA some time. He was only a few runs away from what I thought was the mercy rule so I was saving us both the extra innings and however long it took me to get 3 outs on the top half of it. you made no effort to save anyone time, just waste it. but like I said, I'm not too concerned about what happened a week ago.

[quote name='ubernes']Haha yeah, the first few innings was the battle of the bad fielding. We both missed potential outs that turned into runs. Arthur Rhodes is a damn beast btw. I couldn't find his slider in OR out of the zone for the life of me. I have terrible plate discipline as is but he made me look silly for 1-2 innings.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah I was really surprised by his pitches. So far he's may favorite in the game!

[quote name='ubernes']Man, why you getting so worked up over a game? There's a huge difference between me raising the white flag on the bottom of the ninth (it was the 6th in this case, but we only played 6) and you giving up 3 innings in on a bad AI base running play. I don't know why you're still stuck on this. We stated our opinions a week ago. Time to move on buddy.[/QUOTE]

I'm not getting worked up, I'm just calling you out after you tried calling me out, just thought it was funny. Hypocrites make me laugh.

[quote name='FrankySox']I'm not getting worked up, I'm just calling you out after you tried calling me out, just thought it was funny. Hypocrites make me laugh.[/QUOTE]

You're taking it far too personally, my man. The XBL messages, the personal attacks on here, if this isn't getting worked up I'd hate to see you worked up.

[quote name='ubernes']You're taking it far too personally, my man. The XBL messages, the personal attacks on here, if this isn't getting worked up I'd hate to see you worked up.[/QUOTE]

This is my last post because this is not what the forums are for, but me calling you a crybaby really isn't a personal attack, especially when you came at ME saying I wasn't playing games out, what do you expect when you do the same thing? You were complaining when you WON A GAME!!!

I'll admit it though I've been pacing around the house and I don't think I'll be able to get to sleep, you got me. Don't call someone out if you can't take the heat when you do the same thing. Like I said before good luck in the Madden league, I'm sure we can find someone to fill in for you, someone who will commit to playing their games and stick to that commitment. Thanks for getting in what you could and I understand you're decision to move on. Just don't be so hasty in your judgement next time.

bread's done
Back