CAG NBA 2K5 League Week 9 Ready (deadline on 7/31)

hey is their any chance i could join your league. Was wondering if you had a spot for the Warriors.

I don't think we can add another spot. Best you can hope for is take up another team if the owner has to leave. Like me.

I just got home and I had a PM from Gomer. I responded, so hopefully we can get the game in soon. However, with the 3 hour time difference and the fact that my schedule has been extremely hectic (which is why I rarely post anymore) it may be difficult to agree on a time. I'll try my hardest though, believe that.

If we don't get it done, you can put most of the blame on the girl on the right. ;)

Melissa.jpg

Excuses, excuses. We're gonna need a bit more evidence of the night in question. (OMG, it's ridiculously early and I'm still up.)

I don't have evidence at the moment, but we hooked up last Wednesday.... And I'm already thinking about her constantly. fuck me, I don't need to fall in love again.... But she's the first girl I've been seriously interested in since splitting with my fiancee some 7 months ago.

Anyway, if you cannot sleep, let's play something on Live. NBA, Tiger, WrestleMania... It doesn't matter.

[quote name='ph33r m3']hey is their any chance i could join your league. Was wondering if you had a spot for the Warriors.[/QUOTE]
You can take my Celts when I leave at the end of the month

[quote name='Matt Young']I don't have evidence at the moment, but we hooked up last Wednesday.... And I'm already thinking about her constantly. fuck me, I don't need to fall in love again.... But she's the first girl I've been seriously interested in since splitting with my fiancee some 7 months ago.

Anyway, if you cannot sleep, let's play something on Live. NBA, Tiger, WrestleMania... It doesn't matter.[/QUOTE]
Women on both our minds huh? Hahaha. I managed to fall asleep at 5am...how pointless.

Get your games played. And trades...anyone got any for me?

Ah, Steve... I'll see her tonight, but rest assured, I shall be thinking only of you....

Or not. I like you, but not that much. ;)

[quote name='Matt Young']I don't have evidence at the moment, but we hooked up last Wednesday.... And I'm already thinking about her constantly. fuck me, I don't need to fall in love again.... But she's the first girl I've been seriously interested in since splitting with my fiancee some 7 months ago.

Anyway, if you cannot sleep, let's play something on Live. NBA, Tiger, WrestleMania... It doesn't matter.[/QUOTE]
Why do you need evidence a true man keeps it on the dl. If you keep that policy you will get that booty call ass from woman who know they can trust you to keep it to yourself

Alright guys, whats the situation with these games? Are they going to be played by Friday or not? And if not, let me know, so we can advance the schedule ASAP. It sucks having only 2 games play so far, but it happens. Until Matt's post, the only person that spoke up about difficulty playing this week was Lexian. So let me know where we stand, atleast with the Chicago vs Dallas game.

I plan on staying home today (I just got back home, and it's almost 6 AM Pacific) so Gomer, if you're available, I'm here to get my ass beat all day long.

And, scarily enough (is scarily a word?) I think I'm falling in love for the first time since splitting with my fiancee 7 months ago, even though it's way too early in the relationship. Somebody beat some sense into me...

Thus concludes my sleep deprived ramblings.

EDIT: Steve, damn right I have a sexy voice. By the way, Supa helped me get Tiger months ago, it seems, and I played it for 2 days before getting WrestleMania and abandoning it. We need to play 18 holes on Live soon, my friend.

You've abandoned Tiger like I've abandoned WrestleMania it seems. At least I got that 3 month starter kit out of it...which still sits unopened.

I'm on later today, early evening, just send me a game invite if you want. Haven't played Tiger in a good while.

Steve, I'll send you an invite next time I see you on, definitely.

Gomer, can you play sometime between now and 11 PM Eastern time? I'm hoping you'll be around, but I'm not sure what time Smackdown airs for you.

Alright guys, these games need to be played tomorrow night or else. I don't like having to make threats, but it sucks when only 2 games have been played and its nearing a day past the deadline. Hopefully we can make up for this and get a few games in this weekend. Give me an update on the games situation.

[quote name='Matt Young']Steve, I'll send you an invite next time I see you on, definitely.

Gomer, can you play sometime between now and 11 PM Eastern time? I'm hoping you'll be around, but I'm not sure what time Smackdown airs for you.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about not getting this message yesterday, Smackdown was on (8-10) and then I was playin Mario party with my G/F. If you can give me a set time for tonight (anytime after 6 eastern time) I can be on to play and late night wont be a problem either.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Alright guys, these games need to be played tomorrow night or else. I don't like having to make threats, but it sucks when only 2 games have been played and its nearing a day past the deadline. Hopefully we can make up for this and get a few games in this weekend. Give me an update on the games situation.[/QUOTE]

This 5 day thing might be whats hurting the games getting in. This week was basically Monday-Friday to play the games where I know people may have more of a chance to get the games in if they had the weekend to play. I know you're just doing what you have to do to keep this place moving and thats cool, it may just be hard for some who are busy with school and/or work during the week.

Hey M,

It's about 4:48pm PST. Fresh out of my final and online if you're ready to go. Yo didn't post your AIM so I'm not sure how else to contact you. I'll stay on Live for awhile till you come on.

Gomer, I am home now, but I don't see you on AIM. It's almost 6 PM here, 9 PM there... Can you play anytime soon? I may just stay home tonight since I'm exhausted and I feel like shit, but on the other hand.... It's Friday, and such behaviour could be construed as sacrilegious, so I'm not sure yet.

Please get back to me ASAP so I can take my beating and we can move on with the schedule.

Alright, whats the status of the other 2 games? I would like for these games to be completed tonight, so that we can get the schedule advanced. So lets get the show on the road.

Matt, sorry about earlier, computer was being a piece so I couldnt get on at all. Can you play at all tommorow? If you can, is that cool with you Craven?

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Matt, sorry about earlier, computer was being a piece so I couldnt get on at all. Can you play at all tommorow? If you can, is that cool with you Craven?[/QUOTE]

Yeah its fine. The main reason I want to hurry through this, is because 2 of the teams involved are gone at the end of the month, and I was hoping they'd be able to get in a good slew of games. Atleast I have half a clue whats going on with you guys. The other game I have no clue where they stand or anything.

I got a game invite from Gomer, and I asked for 2 minutes so I could use the restroom. When I got back, I had lost my connection to the ESPN Video Games service. Shortly thereafter, I had lost all connection to the internet, and I just now was able to sign back on successfully.

However, I have to be up in 4 hours and I am in desperate need of sleep. I don't know if Gomer's still on or not, but due to my connection crapping out and it taking a while to come back, I cannot afford to spend 30 minutes+ playing right now. I'm sorry... I tried.

Gomer would've beaten me anyway, so please give him the win. I'm sorry, Gomer and Craven. Gomer, hopefully we can play a non-league game soon so we can chat and catch up on things.

[quote name='Matt Young']I got a game invite from Gomer, and I asked for 2 minutes so I could use the restroom. When I got back, I had lost my connection to the ESPN Video Games service. Shortly thereafter, I had lost all connection to the internet, and I just now was able to sign back on successfully.

However, I have to be up in 4 hours and I am in desperate need of sleep. I don't know if Gomer's still on or not, but due to my connection crapping out and it taking a while to come back, I cannot afford to spend 30 minutes+ playing right now. I'm sorry... I tried.

Gomer would've beaten me anyway, so please give him the win. I'm sorry, Gomer and Craven. Gomer, hopefully we can play a non-league game soon so we can chat and catch up on things.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I was wondering what happened, I ended up being on for the better part of an hour and played some guy and beat him. Yeah, anytime you wanna play a game wether it be this or even NFL2k5 since we had a great game on there, just let me know.

[quote name='Matt Young']I got a game invite from Gomer, and I asked for 2 minutes so I could use the restroom. When I got back, I had lost my connection to the ESPN Video Games service. Shortly thereafter, I had lost all connection to the internet, and I just now was able to sign back on successfully.

Gomer would've beaten me anyway, so please give him the win. I'm sorry, Gomer and Craven. Gomer, hopefully we can play a non-league game soon so we can chat and catch up on things.[/QUOTE]

Alright, you really need to try and play your next game, because its 3 straight misses and done. I know you've got some issues to take care of, and I respect that, just try to get the games in, since you signed up to play them. Best of luck with your situation.

I know. The first game, we had no way to play, and this one... Well, I'm not sure what caused my connection loss. I had hoped to get that game in on Thursday, but that didn't work out.

I'm not placing the blame on anyone, but a lot of it hasn't been under my control. I understand you've gotta do what you've gotta do, though.

Sort of off topic, but if anyone wants to play I'll be online for awhile. Get tired of playing random people sometimes. Message me if you're down. :)

[quote name='FrankySox']PM'd Matt Young about our game. Hopefully we can get on in for him....(ZO is pissed, he wants to play)[/QUOTE]
Zo is pissed? He scored 30-something on my team last game. Bastard.

Lexian contacted me about our game. It should be played by tomorrow evening.

We played our game. I was in it for a while, but then Franky ended up pulling away and he beat me by 17 or 19, can't remember which.

Alright, good work guys. This week may be the quickest yet. I hope to get my game with randy in sometime today. Hopefully the other 4 guys can work something out as well. That way the new week can start and have it end on the weekend.

I got destroyed the second half. Though I did mount a nice little run in the 4th. I've given up hope. I just completely suck at this game.

And they move so damn stupidly around the court. My guy drives to the hoop, draws a defender, and what does my 7 foot center do? Not dive to the basket. He retreats to the corner behind the 3-point line. And I dribble around the perimeter waiting for someone to move. Someone. Move. And then 2 of them run towards me and stand to either side, just staring. Not setting a pick. Nothing. Just standing there to keep me company.

Still fun though. I'm just enjoying trying to see what sort of stupidity I see next from my guys.

Awesome news guys, good to see you're playing. Sorry about your luck Steve, it might change when you run into me. Haha. My game is scheduled for tomorrow, hopefully mine is the last game for this week.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I got destroyed the second half. Though I did mount a nice little run in the 4th. I've given up hope. I just completely suck at this game.

And they move so damn stupidly around the court. My guy drives to the hoop, draws a defender, and what does my 7 foot center do? Not dive to the basket. He retreats to the corner behind the 3-point line. And I dribble around the perimeter waiting for someone to move. Someone. Move. And then 2 of them run towards me and stand to either side, just staring. Not setting a pick. Nothing. Just standing there to keep me company.

Still fun though. I'm just enjoying trying to see what sort of stupidity I see next from my guys.[/QUOTE]

it bugs me to no end how the players set up at the three point line. They either don't have their body straight so they have to do a turn around or they are set up one milimeter inside it so they take the longest 2 point shot possible

[quote name='jlarlee']it bugs me to no end how the players set up at the three point line. They either don't have their body straight so they have to do a turn around or they are set up one milimeter inside it so they take the longest 2 point shot possible[/QUOTE]

That's probably one of my biggest pet peeves as well.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I got destroyed the second half. Though I did mount a nice little run in the 4th. I've given up hope. I just completely suck at this game.

Still fun though. I'm just enjoying trying to see what sort of stupidity I see next from my guys.[/QUOTE]

if you want a real pick from a big man you just press left analog.

[quote name='maxflight']if you want a real pick from a big man you just press left analog.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I know, but what bothers me is the lack of movement even if I call out a play or move around to initiate it. Then for some unknown reason, their animations and routines start up and all of a sudden there's two of the standing there next to me.

Alright guys, I will be playing my game either this evening or tomorrow afternoon. Whats the status on the Philly vs Houston game? Any date or time set? Just let me know.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Alright guys, I will be playing my game either this evening or tomorrow afternoon. Whats the status on the Philly vs Houston game? Any date or time set? Just let me know.[/QUOTE]

Tonight at 8 we're playing.

Good game last night mtimisone. I know it was pretty one sided, but I've finally found my rythem and I'm ready to kick some butt around here. Sorry for not being able to reply on Live after the game, was with my g/f. Any time you wanna get a practice game in, just PM me or if I'm on Live, send me an invite.

Alright guys, I am going to need replacements for the following teams in the not too distant future:

Bulls
Celtics
Kings

let me know if you want to replace them

[quote name='craven_fiend']Alright guys, I am going to need replacements for the following teams in the not too distant future:

Bulls
Celtics
Kings

let me know if you want to replace them[/QUOTE]

damn already? what happened to them? why are they quitting?

[quote name='maxflight']damn already? what happened to them? why are they quitting?[/QUOTE]

Well 2 of them I knew about when it first started. The other one came up today. Jlarlee will be around until the end of the month and then he's gone. SteveMcQ is gone also at the end of the month, if memory serves me correctly. And RandyTsai is quitting due to his live running out and not renewing it.

Edit: Schedule has been advanced. This weeks schedule is in the OP. Matt, just hit me up on Halo 2 when you want to play. I am always on late night. Just tonight, make sure it is after 11 CT, clan stuff tonight.

I'm good to go so far, but being the summer I really don't know where I'll end up so that's why I gave craven the head's up before I joined. I just joined to get the league going. I'll definetely give a few week's notice before I have to go, but if there's someone willing to take over now, it's fine with me too.

bread's done
Back