CAG NBA 2K5 League Week 9 Ready (deadline on 7/31)

I know sighlintbob would be in as well. I just don't know his team preference. I think it's the Hawks. Just kidding. I have no idea.

[quote name='repetske']I know sighlintbob would be in as well. I just don't know his team preference. I think it's the Hawks. Just kidding. I have no idea.[/QUOTE]

Alright, so that leaves us with 1 spot open, since Max and Bob are up for another league. Max has the higher pick between the 2, so once he's picked, Bob has any of the other teams to pick from.

Could we at least have a vote on who wants to finish out the season? I'm on a hot streak and would like to continue the league if the majority of people want to finish it out. If it comes down to it and we need a replacement or two or someone else to run it, I'd do everything possible to help with that.

I'm for letting this one burning out and just start over in a week. Give some people a better chance with a team they want to use, rather than a team they were forced into using by someone else dropping from the league early in the season.

If maxflight ends up taking a different team, I'd love to get the Mavs instead of Detroit. Is he keeping Dallas?

[quote name='sj41']If maxflight ends up taking a different team, I'd love to get the Mavs instead of Detroit. Is he keeping Dallas?[/QUOTE]

I am not asure what team he will be taking. The league prior to this, he was the Sonics, if I remember correctly. So its hard telling what team he will be taking.

[quote name='craven_fiend']I am not asure what team he will be taking. The league prior to this, he was the Sonics, if I remember correctly. So its hard telling what team he will be taking.[/QUOTE]

I know Max would probably take the Twolves also and I believe he was the Kings in the past league. I'm up for a little tourny or something to crown the winner of this league. Wether we finish up our season or end it now and go with a new one, I'm in and ready to play all of my games.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']I know Max would probably take the Twolves also and I believe he was the Kings in the past league. I'm up for a little tourny or something to crown the winner of this league. Wether we finish up our season or end it now and go with a new one, I'm in and ready to play all of my games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thats right, he did take the Kings last time. Its only fair that he gets Minnesota if he chooses this time. So if he does decide on Minnesota, do you want the Bulls or someone else Matt?

Well, I already said I wanted to keep Minnesota earlier, but it's up to you to determine who gets them, I guess. I love the Bulls, but they kind of suck on this game, so I'm not sure who my second choice would be.

I'm definitely in and as far as choice of teams, if Dallas, San Antonio, or New Jersey are available I'll try one of them in that order.

[quote name='Matt Young']Well, I already said I wanted to keep Minnesota earlier, but it's up to you to determine who gets them, I guess. I love the Bulls, but they kind of suck on this game, so I'm not sure who my second choice would be.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and this is what will hurt you if he decides on the team. Not trying to start anything, just restating what I had already said.

Edit: Looks like we've got our 8 for the next league. Sorry to franky and mtimisone for not getting you in this time.

I understand. I'm willing to play him for the team if necessary, but if he gets first choice based on a better record, I have no problem with that either.

This really sucks, not finishing the season, if you didnt finish this season, i really doubt you will finish the next, Good luck with you new season, and thanks for not putting me in the second season. I really had a good time, playing with you guys.

[quote name='mtimisone']This really sucks, not finishing the season, if you didnt finish this season, i really doubt you will finish the next, Good luck with you new season, and thanks for not putting me in the second season. I really had a good time, playing with you guys.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about the way things ended up turning out.

I'm convinced that we'll never finish a league. I just want to finish out a season and playoffs, even though I won't win the championship.

[quote name='Matt Young']I'm convinced that we'll never finish a league. I just want to finish out a season and playoffs, even though I won't win the championship.[/QUOTE]

I believe your right Matt. It sucks you didn't get to chose Minnesota even though you called it first, who cares who has the better record, they could have had the better team. Poor leadership screwed you and mtimisone(or whatever his name is), all that had to be done was find a replacement for the Spurs, because I don't have time to play, so a new league seems a little extreme, but good luck getting it done. If craven starts a new league everytime someone can't play you'll never get a league finished. Sorry to Matt and Mtimisone for screwing you because it seems as if it's my fault that this league fell apart.

[quote name='FrankySox']I believe your right Matt. It sucks you didn't get to chose Minnesota even though you called it first, who cares who has the better record, they could have had the better team. Poor leadership screwed you and mtimisone(or whatever his name is), all that had to be done was find a replacement for the Spurs, because I don't have time to play, so a new league seems a little extreme, but good luck getting it done. If craven starts a new league everytime someone can't play you'll never get a league finished. Sorry to Matt and Mtimisone for screwing you because it seems as if it's my fault that this league fell apart.[/QUOTE]

Give it up with the bashing me already Franky. I don't really think that it was fair to have 3 guys come in and take teams they would rather not have taken. So to say every time I need to find a replacement, I fold and rebuild the league, well thats pure bullshit. You quitting marks the 4th person to quit so far, and I am not going to make someone else take a team they don't want.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Give it up with the bashing me already Franky. I don't really think that it was fair to have 3 guys come in and take teams they would rather not have taken. So to say every time I need to find a replacement, I fold and rebuild the league, well thats pure bullshit. You quitting marks the 4th person to quit so far, and I am not going to make someone else take a team they don't want.[/QUOTE]

I believe I said that I wasn't quitting and that I would stick it out until you found a replacement. As far as bashing, I haven't done that. I've usually just been looking for explanations which I recieved, the only reason I'm responding to this is because you said I quit, which I didn't. I wont say anything else since I'm not part of the new league.

[quote name='FrankySox']No I'm not quitting because of this one incident. I'm just saying it was hard to get a game in with you this week, and the week before I barely got it in. Yes I agree it would be shitty to quit because of this but I'm not like that. It will also be a chore to get my game in this week, as work has been kicking my ass, I feel like I'm holding up the league. However if this is not the case let me know, but it has just been really hard for me to get my games in lately. I don't even have time for Halo right now, and that should tell you a lot (because Halo 2 sucks-(this is a joke)). Anyway, sorry but I will try to get my games in until you can find a replacement, if you can't find one I guess I can keep grinding it out. Oh yeah and I was just wondering how come when the games get simmed no players have any stats?[/QUOTE]

Well, I think its just better for a good chunk of the people if we just move on from this league and let everyone have who they want. And about Matt and the Timberwolves, the same thing happened prior to this league, both him and maxflight wanted them. So I did a coin toss and Matt won it. So, I guess to be fair, they should play each other and see who the winner is, and the winner gets the Timberwolves.

I wasn't trying to bash Craven, just making a general statement. And no, Franky, it's not your fault that the league folded/is folding, so no need to apologize.

I already addressed the situation regarding myself and Maxflight over the Timberwolves. I don't have a problem with Craven's handling of that, either.

Basically, I have no hard feelings toward anyone over this happening, it just kind of sucks in general. I'm not going to complain about "getting screwed", because I didn't more so than anyone else. I'm just disheartened. I don't like not getting the opportunity to finish things I have started.... But I support Craven and realize he is doing what he feels is best, and he's the one who put the time and effort into running this league and encouraging people to play their games, so I will respect his decisions and just go with the flow, I guess.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Well, its been about a week, whats the word on this new league.[/QUOTE]

The word on the new league is boobies. Hurray for boobies.

But in all seriousness, the league will be created this evening, and then I will be pming all of you the info for it. I'd do it sooner, but its my little sister's b-day, so I gotta do stuff with the family.

[quote name='craven_fiend']The word on the new league is boobies. Hurray for boobies.

But in all seriousness, the league will be created this evening, and then I will be pming all of you the info for it. I'd do it sooner, but its my little sister's b-day, so I gotta do stuff with the family.[/QUOTE]

Good, I'm still stoked about the league, but damn it, no matter what problems happen, we have to get through a whole season some way or another. Everyone, get your games in when we start this league and we'll be fine. And please, communicate with the rest of the group, let us know when you're playing the games or if you're having problems getting a hold of the other person.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Good, I'm still stoked about the league, but damn it, no matter what problems happen, we have to get through a whole season some way or another. Everyone, get your games in when we start this league and we'll be fine. And please, communicate with the rest of the group, let us know when you're playing the games or if you're having problems getting a hold of the other person.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what he said. Also, I will be starting a new topic as soon as I set this up, just post up in it once you have joined the league.

[quote name='Matt Young']Okay, what's the situation on team choices, specifically between myself and Maxflight over the Timberwolves?[/QUOTE]

You'll have to take that up with him, as I have no clue who is taking who when it comes to the disputed teams. So once you know, let me know.

Dam the league hasnt start yet, what a suprise, good luck, with trying to a started now, with madden just coming out.

[quote name='mtimisone']Dam the league hasnt start yet, what a suprise, good luck, with trying to a started now, with madden just coming out.[/QUOTE]

LOL yeah, Madden has been great so far but this game is still my bread and butter. If he doesnt make the league by tonight, I'll start the damn thing. Just a word of warning to everyone, I'm not gonna have disputes over teams if I make the league, it'll be first come first serve.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']LOL yeah, Madden has been great so far but this game is still my bread and butter. If he doesnt make the league by tonight, I'll start the damn thing. Just a word of warning to everyone, I'm not gonna have disputes over teams if I make the league, it'll be first come first serve.[/QUOTE]

I'll set this up later this afternoon. Been busy the past few days and haven't been able to get around to it. And I guess it will be first come first serve on the teams that have disputes, out of the people that spoke up about them, the first one there gets the team.

bread's done
Back