CAG NBA 2K5 League Week 9 Ready (deadline on 7/31)

[quote name='repetske']MattYoung and I have our game tentatively scheduled for Thursday. I didn't want Gomer to start freaking out.:D[/QUOTE]

I'll find other ways to freak out, lol. Figured Craven needs some sort of back up as far as keeping everything moving along. Glad to see that everyone is posting their scheduled games up here though. It keeps everyone informed and not wondering why games havent been played. Speaking of games played, good game last night Sighlintbob, you kept it close the entire game.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Yeah, those times should work, as its only 10 or 11 for me. Just let me know on here, I should be around here at that time.

Also to everyone else, I will put the schedule up next week, just didn't get around to it, and I figured you could either check the 2 site or the league schedule on the game, for just this week.

Also whats the status of the game between Mtimisone and MaxFlight? Just let me know the situation and we'll go from there.[/QUOTE]

I'll be on Live around 8pm PST.

Repetske and I got our game in. It was another nail biter, but thankfully, I pulled this one out 68-64. Watch out for his Kings, though... he's definitely good enough to get near the top in this league.

[quote name='Lexian']I'll be on Live around 8pm PST.[/QUOTE]

Alright, I should be there. I won't have my mic though, since I will probably be crashing shortly after the game anyways. So this game is going to seem like its against the computer for both of us. Sorry about that, but if I were feeling better, I'd definitely be using the headset.

Not taking away anthing from Lexian, but our game was horrible. Sloppt shots were falling, whereas the easy/close shots were not. My guys keep refusing to box out for boards. I've been out rebounded the last 3 games, by an average of atleast 2 to 1. If I didnb't have Shaq, then I'd understand, but I do. What can I do to get my guys to box out and crash the boards? i am sick of these huge ass fucking losses I get.

I'm not sure about your previous games in regards to rebounding, but I purposely went with 3 PF/C's as my starting lineup to combat your rebounding. I checked your stats and it seemed like you were a fairly decent rebounding team (Shaq avg'ing over 10 a game) and since I rarely use my SG anyways, I threw Nene in there. Whether that had an effect on the rebounding I dunno, I doubt that was the sole reason why I had such an advantage. I was pretty shocked when I saw the final rebounding totals.

I think one of the reasons my rebounding total was so high was the high number of 3's you took, especially early in the game when it was still going back and forth for the most part. I know you got the guys to shoot them with Wade, Ginobli and Jones, but that also has a lot to do with my rebounding total and lead to a lot of easy transition baskets for me. I thought that first quarter was pretty intense at first, as we were going back and forth. It was a good game though, I think Wade being somewhat ineffective that game is what really killed you since his three's werent going down so I could play more of a zone and force some turnovers by playing the passing lanes.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Not taking away anthing from Lexian, but our game was horrible. Sloppt shots were falling, whereas the easy/close shots were not. My guys keep refusing to box out for boards. I've been out rebounded the last 3 games, by an average of atleast 2 to 1. If I didnb't have Shaq, then I'd understand, but I do. What can I do to get my guys to box out and crash the boards? i am sick of these huge ass fucking losses I get.[/QUOTE]Exact same way our game was the week before. Although in the 4th quarter, when I started taking half court shots every time down, they didn't seem to fall. Go figure. :?

I'll be ready in about 15 minutes to play our game.

[quote name='sj41']Wasn't able to get in touch with Franky. I'll try to play him tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Lets hope that you guys are able to get in touch, I don't want to have had to wait a few days, only for this game not to get played and have wasted quite a few days. So let me know as soon as this gets played.

[quote name='sj41']He said he can play Sunday night, but won't be available today.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I don't know if its really worth making everyone wait another day to play their games. I'll wait to see what others have to say about this before I make my decision. And if the majority don't want to wait, then I will do a coin toss to determine who gets the W.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Wow, I don't know if its really worth making everyone wait another day to play their games. I'll wait to see what others have to say about this before I make my decision. And if the majority don't want to wait, then I will do a coin toss to determine who gets the W.[/QUOTE]

I know I wanna keep the weeks rolling, its the best way to keep everyone interested from what I've seen in other leagues. Nothing against either of you two guys, if you guys could have done it today, that woulda been awesome, but I worry when things take too long in the league since only one CAG league has made it through (and that was with ALOT of problems). So my vote goes for the coin toss so we have a Sunday open to start the new week.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']I know I wanna keep the weeks rolling, its the best way to keep everyone interested from what I've seen in other leagues. Nothing against either of you two guys, if you guys could have done it today, that woulda been awesome, but I worry when things take too long in the league since only one CAG league has made it through (and that was with ALOT of problems). So my vote goes for the coin toss so we have a Sunday open to start the new week.[/QUOTE]

Alright, I will see what others chime in with in response to that.

Also, Franky, this isn't anything against you, but he wasn't able to play for a few days, you tried to set something up the last 2 days and now you won't be able to play until tomorrow. So I see this coin toss as fair, if done, unless SJ41 just wants to give the game for you. I'd love for you guys to be able to get this in tonight, and hope something happens to where you can. If everyone agrees with Gomer, I will advance the schedule this evening and go from there.

I don't really care either way, but I remember forfeiting the first game of the season because I was in the middle of finals week and I didn't want to hold up everyone else. Eh. ::shrug::

I told him I could play yesterday at 6:00est but he got on way after. I want to play him today. Here are the times I can play anytime before 5est time, or tonight after 2est am. Otherwise I guess a coin flip will work. I really want to play but I understand if it doesn't work.
[quote name='craven_fiend']Alright, I will see what others chime in with in response to that.

Also, Franky, this isn't anything against you, but he wasn't able to play for a few days, you tried to set something up the last 2 days and now you won't be able to play until tomorrow. So I see this coin toss as fair, if done, unless SJ41 just wants to give the game for you. I'd love for you guys to be able to get this in tonight, and hope something happens to where you can. If everyone agrees with Gomer, I will advance the schedule this evening and go from there.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FrankySox']I told him I could play yesterday at 6:00est but he got on way after. I want to play him today. Here are the times I can play anytime before 5est time, or tonight after 2est am. Otherwise I guess a coin flip will work. I really want to play but I understand if it doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

There we go, working out a time frame today. No only if SJ41 was still around. Knowing him, he may be around at those times, so you never know.

Just got through PMing SJ and were trying for a 2:30am est game. Hopefully we get this done so we can keep going, and get the weeks advanced. Thanks to everyone for being patient

[quote name='craven_fiend']There we go, working out a time frame today. No only if SJ41 was still around. Knowing him, he may be around at those times, so you never know.[/QUOTE]What the fuck is that supposed to mean?:bomb:

We should be able to play our game in a few hours. Thanks for waiting, guys.

[quote name='sj41']fuck this game and it's couch.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Bad game I take it. Happens to the best of us. 2 more weeks, then we start all over at the beginning. I will advance the schedule at some point tomorrow. I haven't been on Live since some point Thursday, so I will try to make it a point to get on and advance the schedule. And as far as my game, I am available Monday and Thursday (deadline for this week) to play, so just hit me up with a pm and we'll go from there.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Bad game I take it. Happens to the best of us.[/QUOTE]You know, I had a long rant of how much I thougt was bullshit in that game, but I deleted it all and just said that.:bomb:

[quote name='sj41']You know, I had a long rant of how much I thougt was bullshit in that game, but I deleted it all and just said that.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Dude, if you have a prob, just say so. I mean dont flame anyone if you have a prob with them or anything but if theres something that bothers you, bring it to our attention. Least we can do is discuss it.

Yes I'm interested to listen to what you have to say, or read about it. Is it because Zo couldn't be stopped, and he kept blocking everything? Zo goes on wierd streaks in that game and I don't understand it.
[quote name='gomer1andonly']Dude, if you have a prob, just say so. I mean dont flame anyone if you have a prob with them or anything but if theres something that bothers you, bring it to our attention. Least we can do is discuss it.[/QUOTE]

Yes I'm interested to listen to what you have to say, or read about it. Is it because Zo couldn't be stopped, and he kept blocking everything? Zo goes on wierd streaks in that game and I don't understand it.

It had nothing to do with Franky doing anything wrong. It's just amazing how good his players seemed to be shooting in the 3rd quarter. Barry could nail every 3 point shot he took in transition. And it's true, Zo was unstoppable, which makes me wish I had a team with a real center. And how I couldn't make any outside shots, so I tried going inside and it got stolen from me before I could get up a shot, or it got blocked once I did shoot it. Hopefully next season I can get a different team and I can practice more.

Well, it sounds like you were trying to do the right thing. If you're not hitting from outside try pounding it inside. The problem is you even admitted that you dont have a true center, so going inside for you probably wasn't the best idea. Especially when you have a strong center like Zo guarding the paint. You play as the Celtics I think, so you have decent guards. Drive to the basket, pick and roll, and keep your eyes open because those set plays don't always work 100% but it will at least open up their defense and give you some cutters to the basket.

Speaking of different teams, I really wish I had gotten the Warriors, but some other guy picked them and now he's not even in the league. :O The Nuggets were a spur of the moment pick, but they are ok. Not exactly the most exciting team to play with.

I honestly liked the Suns a lot better than I am liking the Heat. Sure Shaq is an advantage, but when I want to small ball, the Suns were perfect. Don't get me wrong, the Heat are good at small ball, but something is just missing that the Suns have. I hope to turn around my losing streak around soon, as Shaq is slowly getting back into his grove from the first few games. And with Wade running more point and less 2, I should be alright, just give it to the playmakers down low or on the corner and let them work it. And if there isn't anything open, run the show with Flash.

Ahh crap, I forgot to advance the schedule today, so i will do it as soon as I get up and motivated tomorrow. This shouldn't have any effect on any of the games, so its all good. And as soon as I advance the week, then I will post up the match ups on here, although I think by now everyone has a clue as to who they play.

Also, does anyone know any information about the shutting down of the servers? I.E when or any other relatively important information. I am asking, because I wouldn't mind playing a longer season, kind of like the NHL league.

I don't think the servers will be shut down. SupaDupaCheap talked about the NFL 2K5 servers going down due to the exclusivity deal, but as far as I know, most Xbox Live games run on Microsoft's servers, with few exceptions (such as EA Sports titles). NBA 2K4 is still playable online, so I doubt 2K5 will be shut down at all.

Anyway, about my game this week- sj41, I play you. I have a job interview tomorrow and I have to watch my friend's son afterwards, but I should be available around 5 PM Pacific time. Wednesday, I will be home during the day but will be going out with my girlfriend around 5 Pacific and probably won't be home for the rest of the night. Also, if I get hired after that interview, my schedule may be very crowded. So if there's any way you can play tomorrow, please let me know.

Well, since the league site is giving me hell here at work, gotta ask how many of this weeks games have been played so far. Lexian and I got our game in (one hell of a tough game where I won by 2). Who else has played their games and who has to play thiers still?

[quote name='maxflight']repetske (kings) and I (mavs) played our game last night.

good game repetske.[/QUOTE]

Me and you still tied for first place?

Franky, I can play around 10 CT tonight. Hit me up on here and let me know if that will work for you. I ended up being busy on Monday and wasn't able to give you a heads up.

Franky, hit me up with a time that is good for you to play tomorrow. I really don't want this game not to get played. So let me know ASAP when a good time to play is.

Also, what is the status on the Chicago/Philly game and the Boston/Minnesota game? Let me know.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Franky, hit me up with a time that is good for you to play tomorrow. I really don't want this game not to get played. So let me know ASAP when a good time to play is.[/QUOTE]

Well, its not like you'd be the only one who didnt play......only two games have been played so far this week. I really hope things arent crumbling.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Well, its not like you'd be the only one who didnt play......only two games have been played so far this week. I really hope things arent crumbling.[/QUOTE]

Its beginning to appear that way. Hopefully people pull it out and play their games. And if they can't, they need to move on and let us get someone in their place.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Franky, hit me up with a time that is good for you to play tomorrow. I really don't want this game not to get played. So let me know ASAP when a good time to play is.

Also, what is the status on the Chicago/Philly game and the Boston/Minnesota game? Let me know.[/QUOTE]

The first time I got on, sj41 was playing Halo 2. The second time, he was in the league lobby, and I kept sending challenges to no response before he eventually signed off. :s

[quote name='Matt Young']The first time I got on, sj41 was playing Halo 2. The second time, he was in the league lobby, and I kept sending challenges to no response before he eventually signed off. :s[/QUOTE]

Lets hope that these games get played before Franky and I play this evening. Because once we are done, I am advancing the schedule.

[quote name='Matt Young']The first time I got on, sj41 was playing Halo 2. The second time, he was in the league lobby, and I kept sending challenges to no response before he eventually signed off. :s[/QUOTE]It showed you as offline when I was in the lobby. :?

Can you play tonight?

[quote name='craven_fiend']Lets hope that these games get played before Franky and I play this evening. Because once we are done, I am advancing the schedule.[/QUOTE]

I'll be around most of the evening so let me know when we are playing.

[quote name='sj41']It showed you as offline when I was in the lobby. :?

Can you play tonight?[/QUOTE]

That's strange.... I wasn't trying to place blame on you, because I know the ESPN servers can be wonky sometimes. I figured you weren't getting my messages, and I didn't have an AIM screen name to contact you on.

I can play tonight. Just name a time.

bread's done
Back