CAG NBA 2K5 League Week 9 Ready (deadline on 7/31)

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I'm good to go so far, but being the summer I really don't know where I'll end up so that's why I gave craven the head's up before I joined. I just joined to get the league going. I'll definetely give a few week's notice before I have to go, but if there's someone willing to take over now, it's fine with me too.[/QUOTE]

Its all good man, just putting it out there for when you have to take off. Heck, we may even get the season done, at this rate, before you have to take off.

Also, I'd like to brag about this, while I'm at it. A little bit of happiness early in the season.

I actually played well against Craven and had the lead half the time, but of course that meant he was beating me the other half of the game, and he pulled it out in the end and won by 6. It was a very good game, though.

[quote name='Matt Young']I actually played well against Craven and had the lead half the time, but of course that meant he was beating me the other half of the game, and he pulled it out in the end and won by 6. It was a very good game, though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, back and forth most of the game. Wade finally decided to get hot in the 4th quarter, and that was the difference.

Hey matt, sorry about that, I think my mic may have went out while we were talking. Because I could hear you when you asked if I was still there. Sorry about that.

Frankysox asked me yesterday to play so I gave him a time but he never showed up. He hasnt PM'd me back yet as far as another time to play. At least theres 4 days left to get the game in.

So I just got my ass handed to me by Gomer, and I must say that he is one of the best players I've played on that game. Gomer completely shut down my big men, and Yao Ming had a hell of a game shooting 100%!!! Good game Gomer, and I would love to play you anytime your online for fun, but until then I look foward to our next game in SA!

[quote name='FrankySox']So I just got my ass handed to me by Gomer, and I must say that he is one of the best players I've played on that game. Gomer completely shut down my big men, and Yao Ming had a hell of a game shooting 100%!!! Good game Gomer, and I would love to play you anytime your online for fun, but until then I look foward to our next game in SA![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the compliment Franky, you weren't too bad yourself. I did a little before hand scouting and saw you had tore it up with Mourning so knew who to watch. I've learned alot about "sim" playing from other players and learned the ways to get good shots and with the exception of my first game this season, I've done great with it. Look out Max, I'm coming for that top spot (and you know our great battles from the past).

me and mtim got our game and it wa sclose but i pulled away at the end. Mark Blount heard you all talking bad about him and went 10 for 11 from the field

Where are you and randy sitting on the game, Steve? Just checking, so I can advance this week ASAP. Good luck to both of you. I've already got 1 replacement taken care of, will get someone for you and Randy, hopefully, in the not too distant future.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']The earliest Randy and I can play is Sunday afternoon. I'll be IMing him then, but it will be done by Sunday night.[/QUOTE]

Alright, cool. Thanks for the heads up. Just checking to see what the situation was.

We're moving along at a great pace guys, great work by all. Hopefully it can continue over the course of the season and into the playoffs.

Oh, just to clarify, Sunday afternoon would be for the west. Randy won't be available until after 5PST, but we have contacted each other about our game.

Another call for any players wanting to take over the Kings.

Edit: Just contacted Randy. Couldn't get our game in. Go ahead and advance the league schedule with a coin toss. Sorry guys. We both will have to leave the league anyway I'm told.

Another bump for someone to take over the Kings.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Oh, just to clarify, Sunday afternoon would be for the west. Randy won't be available until after 5PST, but we have contacted each other about our game.

Another call for any players wanting to take over the Kings.

Edit: Just contacted Randy. Couldn't get our game in. Go ahead and advance the league schedule with a coin toss. Sorry guys. We both will have to leave the league anyway I'm told.

Another bump for someone to take over the Kings.[/QUOTE]

You can still get it in tomorrow, because tomorrow is the real deadline. Also randy, what day does your live run out?

Alright, so I'll take the lack of response to my post from yesterday morning to mean you guys didn't even make an attempt. With that in mind, I will advance the schedule and hope someone speaks up, because I want people to be able to play this game and not worry about their opponent not wanting to take time to get a game played.

Oh...sorry meant to post yesterday. Anyway, Randy and I were on AIM Sunday night, but he had to be out and I couldn't log back into Live when he did.

I didn't know if you meant "tomorrow" from two posts up as Monday or Tuesday, but from my conversation with Randy, the earliest we could meet up again and play was Tuesday as he suggested. I figured that was past the deadline anyway.

I should be sleeping....

Anyone willing to take the Kings? I'm not gonna be on Live much longer for the summer I don't think.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Oh...sorry meant to post yesterday. Anyway, Randy and I were on AIM Sunday night, but he had to be out and I couldn't log back into Live when he did.

I didn't know if you meant "tomorrow" from two posts up as Monday or Tuesday, but from my conversation with Randy, the earliest we could meet up again and play was Tuesday as he suggested. I figured that was past the deadline anyway.

I should be sleeping....

Anyone willing to take the Kings? I'm not gonna be on Live much longer for the summer I don't think.[/QUOTE]

I will let it go until tomorrow if you guys can get if played for the league. Then we'll worry about getting your replacements, I haven't had much luck finding any thus far.

Sleep time.......now.........

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Week advanced yet?[/QUOTE]

Getting ready to advance it here in a few minutes. I won't be able to play our game today gomer. But I am free any time tomorrow and Friday.

[quote name='craven_fiend'][quote name='gomer1andonly']Week advanced yet?[/QUOTE

Getting ready to advance it here in a few minutes. I won't be able to play our game today gomer. But I am free any time tomorrow and Friday.[/QUOTE]

Is 7 PM eastern time tommorow (Thursday) cool with you?

[quote name='gomer1andonly'][quote name='craven_fiend']

Is 7 PM eastern time tommorow (Thursday) cool with you?[/QUOTE]

It should be alright, I will know more tomorrow.

Alright Jlar, sucks to see you go. As for 8ballguy, I will see what I can get replacement wise and let you know whether or not you're in the league.

I'm gonna have to drop soon craven. I'm gonna be gone after the 4th of July for the rest of the summer. 8ballguy said he was interested in a previous post and I PMed him, but I haven't had a response.

Someone take over the Kings.

Sorry to hear people will be leaving. Am I still supposed to play Randy or have you guys already found someone to replace him?

[quote name='Lexian']Sorry to hear people will be leaving.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the few games I got to play were fun. Just to let you guys know though, I just joined the league to get the schedule going since you were waiting for one more team to join up. Hopefully someone takes over the Kings soon.

[quote name='Lexian']Sorry to hear people will be leaving. Am I still supposed to play Randy or have you guys already found someone to replace him?[/QUOTE]

Hopefully I will have a replacement for Randy by tomorrow, that way the games can get in this weekend.

[quote name='repetske']I would like to join. Sent craven a pm.[/QUOTE]

Alright, just as soon as SteveMcQ drops from the league, the Kings will be yours, once I am able to take care of the invite to your GT.

Also, Jlarlee, if you haven't already, go ahead and drop from the league, so I can give Sticky and invite to the league. Just hit me up with a pm once you've done so.

[quote name='repetske']Okay, I've taken over the Kings now. Boston, let me know when you can play.[/QUOTE]

As soon as larlee drops them, then sj41 will have them. I won't be on Live much, if any tonight, so the earliest I'd be able to do anything would be tomorrow afternoon/night.

Wow, I just lost a heartbreaker to Max. After he took a decent lead in the first, I battled back and the game was either tied or we were separated by 1 point at the end of every quarter. Then, in the final 2 minutes, he pulled away and won 78-71.

I'm encouraged, though. I did very well against someone who is undefeated, and only lost by 6 to 2nd place Craven last week. That seems to indicate I've improved a lot, but it still kills me to lose these close games at the very end.

[quote name='repetske']I'm still waiting for Boston's new owner to accept the league invitation.[/QUOTE]

Alright, I'll hit him up with a pm and you do the same about getting a time set up to play against him. His CAG name is SJ41.

[quote name='Matt Young']Wow, I just lost a heartbreaker to Max. After he took a decent lead in the first, I battled back and the game was either tied or we were separated by 1 point at the end of every quarter. Then, in the final 2 minutes, he pulled away and won 78-71.

I'm encouraged, though. I did very well against someone who is undefeated, and only lost by 6 to 2nd place Craven last week. That seems to indicate I've improved a lot, but it still kills me to lose these close games at the very end.[/QUOTE]

I think my tactic of putting on the headset and start talking to matt worked to my advantage, lol

[quote name='sj41']I'm ready to play my game now.[/QUOTE]

Look at the OP and find who you are playing this week, just happens to be the Sacramento Kings, and contact the person who has them. Try and work a time frame out. Also to the guys that have been here, this will most likely be the longest week, due to 3 new players joining. But next week will be back to the same 5 day format. So just bare with me during this transition.

Craven, is there any way to wipe out a game? I was playing the handler of the Bulls today and there was a ridiculous amount of lag, and we tried to restart the game but the network performance was just out of hand. The game even recorded a winner even though the game never finished. Is there a way to backtrack so we can try to play again?

bread's done
Back