CAG NBA 2K5 League Week 9 Ready (deadline on 7/31)

Sure that'll work. Hopefully Craven will see this and not advance the schedule before that time.

Do you have an IM name I can contact you on in case something goes wrong like last time?

I posted it when I first joined, but I guess craven never put it in the OP. It's StickyWaffles20 (some sick bastard stole my name and took StickyWaffles :bomb: ).

[quote name='sj41']I posted it when I first joined, but I guess craven never put it in the OP. It's StickyWaffles20 (some sick bastard stole my name and took StickyWaffles :bomb: ).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I haven't done much updating to the OP, other than the schedule, so once next weeks schedule is up, I will include your AIM name with it.

And once Franky and I play, hopefully around 10 CT, we should be good. And since I haven't heard much from Mtimisone as far as his game against the Bulls, I will give the win to the Bulls if they haven't played by the time I update the schedule.

Good game, Sticky Waffles (damn your name makes me hungry). I mean good game as in good effort by you. The game itself sucked since it was lagging horribly. I rarely ever experience lag on Live, and certainly never that bad.

It's unfortunate that things went that way. You got seriously fucked over with the insane amount of blocks and steals I got, but your excellent 91% free throw shooting almost made up for it. It's a shame that contest wasn't just based on skill, because without the unfair breaks you got, it would have been closer or you might have beaten me.

Also, I'm sorry for not using the headset. I usually like to talk on Live (sometimes too much- ask the guys) but I have barely slept, I've had a shitty day, and I feel sick, so I didn't feel like talking to anyone, so much so that I even turned off my phone. I'd love to chat with you whenever we may play again.

[quote name='Matt Young']Good game, Sticky Waffles (damn your name makes me hungry). I mean good game as in good effort by you. The game itself sucked since it was lagging horribly. I rarely ever experience lag on Live, and certainly never that bad.[/quote] That was definitely the shittiest lag I've gotten on this game. I couldn't get my timing to adjust to it, but I think I still did fairly well. Walker shooting great from outside is really what kept me in the game.

[quote name='Matt Young']It's unfortunate that things went that way. You got seriously fucked over with the insane amount of blocks and steals I got, but your excellent 91% free throw shooting almost made up for it. It's a shame that contest wasn't just based on skill, because without the unfair breaks you got, it would have been closer or you might have beaten me.[/quote]I was getting incredibly pissed from the balls that were getting knocked away when I passed them. The only block that frustrated me was when Pierce was going in for the dunk and he started doing a fancy windmill dunk. I got incredibly angry at the game, since he would've scored if he just did a normal dunk.

And the only reason I shot free throws well is because of you. I've never seen that style of FT shooting, so I tried it and was pleasantly happy with the results. I've normally struggled, but you helped me tremendously with that.

[quote name='Matt Young']Also, I'm sorry for not using the headset. I usually like to talk on Live (sometimes too much- ask the guys) but I have barely slept, I've had a shitty day, and I feel sick, so I didn't feel like talking to anyone, so much so that I even turned off my phone. I'd love to chat with you whenever we may play again.[/QUOTE]That would be great. I'll even sing you one of my songs to make you laugh such as "Natalie Portman Get Naked for Me!":D

And don't worry about not having a mic. I don't think I've played anyone in this legue (except for maybe my first opponent) that played with a mic. I prefer having mine on so if I want to occasionally say "good play" or "ow the fuck did that happen?" to my opponent, I can.:)

Good game that would have been the most enjoyable game I've ever had on NBA if it weren't for the lag. That was the first time I really learned alot from one of these games.

[quote name='mtimisone']silentbob and i are playing tonight, is that cool[/QUOTE]

You're lucky, as I had said I was going to advance the schedule this morning. Now unless Franky gets ahold of me for some time tonight, that will be the last game played this week.

I waited till 10 30 we were suppose to play around 10, i will wait 10 more mins, he came on and we werent able to connect, can we try again tomorrow night, i see craven and franky had the same problem

[quote name='mtimisone']I waited till 10 30 we were suppose to play around 10, i will wait 10 more mins[/QUOTE]

It looks like we won't get the game in. There seems to be something screwy going on with the servers. I'd challenge mtimisone and get no response and he'd do the same. I'm willing to take the loss or have it decided by a coin toss, whichever is easier so we don't hold up the schedule anymore than we already have.

I will sim the Chicago/Philadelphia game. Still not sure what I will do with mine and Franky's game. I guess I'll decide when I advance the schedule in the morning.

Games have been taken care of and the schedule will be posted in a few minutes. Good luck to everyone. Also, Maxflight, I won't be able to play until Thursday at the earliest. So let me know what works for you, and I will be there, unless the old lady wants some QT. (quality time for those of you that don't know)

Edit: Schedule is in the OP and the standings are in the 2nd post. I will update the standings as soon as I know the outcome of the games.

sighlintbob, what's your availability like? I have plans on Wednesday night, possibly Thursday since it's my friend's birthday (although he and I may have a joint celebration on Friday instead), and definitely Saturday since it's my 21st birthday. Any of those days during the afternoon would probably work, though. Also, I'm on Pacific time, just for the record.

[quote name='Matt Young']sighlintbob, what's your availability like? I have plans on Wednesday night, possibly Thursday since it's my friend's birthday (although he and I may have a joint celebration on Friday instead), and definitely Saturday since it's my 21st birthday. Any of those days during the afternoon would probably work, though. Also, I'm on Pacific time, just for the record.[/QUOTE]

Pm'd

[quote name='Matt Young']It looks like our schedules won't match up, so we won't be able to play til Sunday.[/QUOTE]

As long as the games are played by Sunday evening, there is no problem. I will be advancing the schedule at around midnight Sunday/Monday. Consider this your warning for the week.

I would liked to be replaced in this league. Don't really have time, and when it's not my fault a game doesn't get played I take losses. Craven you made NO attempt to play our game. I PM'd you twice, and sent you and invite. But anyway, I won't be playing anymore.

[quote name='FrankySox']I would liked to be replaced in this league. Don't really have time, and when it's not my fault a game doesn't get played I take losses. Craven you made NO attempt to play our game. I PM'd you twice, and sent you and invite. But anyway, I won't be playing anymore.[/QUOTE]

Its not like I just gave myself the win. I simmed the game and got the W. We both made an effort to get the game played last week. I never recieved any sort of invite or anything. I responded to both of your PMs and got nothing back from you. So to say I didn't try is an outright lie. If there were a tie option, then I would've chose it, but theres not, so I simmed the game. If you want to whine about it, so be it, but to outright and say I didn't try, is pure bullshit.

Edit: Max hit me up with a pm to let me know when you want to play our game for the week. My pm box is pretty much empty now, so I should be able to recieve it.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Its not like I just gave myself the win. I simmed the game and got the W. We both made an effort to get the game played last week. I never recieved any sort of invite or anything. I responded to both of your PMs and got nothing back from you. So to say I didn't try is an outright lie. If there were a tie option, then I would've chose it, but theres not, so I simmed the game. If you want to whine and be a baby about it, so be it, but to outright and say I didn't try, is pure bullshit.[/QUOTE]

Yes I'm whining, I said just replace me I don't have time! Your response to my PM's was something like "no that's not a good time", or "if you would have asked me earlier I would have played" You never had a counter offer. It doesn't matter and it's not like I expected you to give me the win anyway because your the leader and everything. So just drop me I don't have time to play. And yes I'm sobbing while I write this.

[quote name='FrankySox']Yes I'm whining, I said just replace me I don't have time! Your response to my PM's was something like "no that's not a good time", or "if you would have asked me earlier I would have played" You never had a counter offer. It doesn't matter and it's not like I expected you to give me the win anyway because your the leader and everything. So just drop me I don't have time to play. And yes I'm sobbing while I write this.[/QUOTE]

Sorry if it seems like I was attacking you, I wasn't. I tell that to everyone when we play in the league. My schedule throughout the week is wide open, thats why I just leave it up to the other person to make an offer. The only reason we didn't play the game the day you PMed was because I ended up hanging out with my fiance, no game will ever be more important than her. We both tried to get this done, and instead of just giving you the win, I decided to sim the game and see the outcome. Sorry it wasn't in your favor.

Another reason I mentioned you whining was because it just seemed like you were quitting because of this one incident, if thats the case, then that is shitty. Its your call either way, so do as you wish.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Sorry if it seems like I was attacking you, I wasn't. I tell that to everyone when we play in the league. My schedule throughout the week is wide open, thats why I just leave it up to the other person to make an offer. The only reason we didn't play the game the day you PMed was because I ended up hanging out with my fiance, no game will ever be more important than her. We both tried to get this done, and instead of just giving you the win, I decided to sim the game and see the outcome. Sorry it wasn't in your favor.

Another reason I mentioned you whining was because it just seemed like you were quitting because of this one incident, if thats the case, then that is shitty. Its your call either way, so do as you wish.[/QUOTE]

No I'm not quitting because of this one incident. I'm just saying it was hard to get a game in with you this week, and the week before I barely got it in. Yes I agree it would be shitty to quit because of this but I'm not like that. It will also be a chore to get my game in this week, as work has been kicking my ass, I feel like I'm holding up the league. However if this is not the case let me know, but it has just been really hard for me to get my games in lately. I don't even have time for Halo right now, and that should tell you a lot (because Halo 2 sucks-(this is a joke)). Anyway, sorry but I will try to get my games in until you can find a replacement, if you can't find one I guess I can keep grinding it out. Oh yeah and I was just wondering how come when the games get simmed no players have any stats?

[quote name='FrankySox']No I'm not quitting because of this one incident. I'm just saying it was hard to get a game in with you this week, and the week before I barely got it in. Yes I agree it would be shitty to quit because of this but I'm not like that. It will also be a chore to get my game in this week, as work has been kicking my ass, I feel like I'm holding up the league. However if this is not the case let me know, but it has just been really hard for me to get my games in lately. I don't even have time for Halo right now, and that should tell you a lot (because Halo 2 sucks-(this is a joke)). Anyway, sorry but I will try to get my games in until you can find a replacement, if you can't find one I guess I can keep grinding it out. Oh yeah and I was just wondering how come when the games get simmed no players have any stats?[/QUOTE]

Guess my assumption about you was right Franky, you're not a quitter. I'll try to find a replacement, but at this point, the best bet may be to tank the season and start all over again, again. And about the sim, as far as I know, there is no option to sim these games via Live, if there is someone point me to it. I just sim the games on my box, and give the win to the winning team.

I haven't read the thread, because I'm far too drunk, but if we need a replacement, I have one lined up. He doesn't post here.... yet.... but he's lurked for a while and is very good at the game. The only problem is that he has no mic.

[quote name='Matt Young']I haven't read the thread, because I'm far too drunk, but if we need a replacement, I have one lined up. He doesn't post here.... yet.... but he's lurked for a while and is very good at the game. The only problem is that he has no mic.[/QUOTE]He doesn't really need a mic. Most of the time people don't play with them for better focus.

I've played eevry game witha mic except for the one with you. Maybe that's why I lose so much. I was beating maxflight until he started talking to me in the second half, lol... I can't help it. You guys are too cool not to talk to.

P.S. fuck you and your sig. I have a gallon of syrup and a bunch of waffles and pancakes downstairs, and I have the drunchies. Don't make me eat your namesake and ruin my amazing figure. 125 pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal!

[quote name='Matt Young']I haven't read the thread, because I'm far too drunk, but if we need a replacement, I have one lined up. He doesn't post here.... yet.... but he's lurked for a while and is very good at the game. The only problem is that he has no mic.[/QUOTE]

Mic or not, he'll still have to beat me and Maxflight. Doesnt matter to me wether I'm talking to a person or not with this game, SJ41 found that out the other night lol. Hopefully next season you can get a better team than Boston (at least some team with a center since that seems to be the person you try to run the offense through.)

So I pose this question to everyone:

Who is up for a new league and just trashing what is left of this one? If anyone is, should we go smaller and more games, or try a 3rd time for a larger league with more games? Just let m know your thoughts on this.

I don't really care either way. I am sort of getting bored because it takes so long to get games in, and if we make a bigger league there will be so many more no-shows anyways. I sort of agree that this season is sort of screwed now though, although I would have liked a shot to rematch with Maxflight and gomer seeing as though those two are my only two real losses of a combined total of 4 points in the last 10 seconds of the game. =0

I wouldn't mind an 8-10 man league, but with a tighter leash if it ends up being 10 man.

I'd kind of like the idea of series, like a home and home with the same person 2 weeks in a row.

Will there be any more roster updates for the game, or have we already gotten the last one?

I'll go ahead and start a pseudo list for teams in the new league, of course starting with me:

Miami Heat - craven_fiend (yeah, i am going to take another stab at them, hopefully this time I can get things going better)

Houston Rockets - gomer1andonly

Dallas Maverick/Detoit Pistons - sj41

Minnesota Timberwolves/Chicago Bulls(depending on Max) - MattYoung

Phoenix Suns - repetske

San Antonio/New Jersey - sighlintbob

- Lexian

- maxflight

If we do go with a new league, it has to be this size or smaller (like 8 teams). The problem in every league we've had is that games take too long to get played, which in turn makes the weeks go past their deadline and people lose interest. If we're gonna have a league, it has to be a small group of people who will be dedicated to the league (outside of their normal life of course).

[quote name='craven_fiend']I wouldn't mind an 8-10 man league, but with a tighter leash if it ends up being 10 man.

I'd kind of like the idea of series, like a home and home with the same person 2 weeks in a row.

Will there be any more roster updates for the game, or have we already gotten the last one?

I'll go ahead and start a pseudo list for teams in the new league, of course starting with me:

Miami Heat - craven_fiend (yeah, i am going to take another stab at them, hopefully this time I can get things going better)[/QUOTE]

Calling Rockets like always, gotta support my team.

Added you to the list gomer. And as for teams, you don't have to worry if someone else is using them, unless they have a better record than you. First come first serve.

I thought the current league was going pretty well. The old hockey league had way more problems than this league and we made it through.

I would be interested if we start over though. I'd like Phoenix or San Antonio, in that order..

I'm for starting a new one just to get a better team. But I think we can finish this season since their's not too many games left.

[quote name='sj41']I'm for starting a new one just to get a better team. But I think we can finish this season since their's not too many games left.[/QUOTE]

Well why dont we do that, hell, even do something to where the standings at the end of the league play into it all. Give the bottom teams first pick of teams or whatnot. Something to make it interesting but finish this season first if we can.

sighlintbob, I sent you a PM, but when can you play today? I just woke up afetr ecelebrating my 21st birthday last night, and I'll be home all day.

[quote name='Matt Young']sighlintbob, I sent you a PM, but when can you play today? I just woke up afetr ecelebrating my 21st birthday last night, and I'll be home all day.[/QUOTE]

Congrats on the birthday dude! We gotta get a game of something in on Live again sometime soon.

[quote name='Matt Young']Thanks! And I agree on the Live thing. Preferably something I can beat you at... once such a thing comes into existence. ;)[/QUOTE]

HAHA, between you and UltimateMattX, I'm on some sort of run while playing Live. Must be something with the Matts around here lol. If you wanna play sometime tonight I should be available. Just name the game and a time and we can get something going.

I was wanting to take a week away from this game and give everyone a chance to have some fresh air away from the league and then restart it next Monday. I know the season is going fairly smooth now, but I am just not feeling it right now for some reason. So, in my opinion, taking a week off and then starting over fresh would be the best idea, atleast for me. Hell I could just set up a tourney for you guys to play in over the course of the week, if you really wanted me to.

Also, there are 3 openings still available for the new league. So speak up before you lose your chance.

[quote name='maxflight']I'm up for any nba league :)[/QUOTE]

Haha, good to see. I can set up a tourney here in a few for those of you that are interested. Just let me know before the end of the day tomorrow, that way I know whether to keep the tourney or not.

bread's done
Back