CAG PSN Gamesharing #2 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group & Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can host a Mass Effect 2 group (game only), sign up or pm me. $12 each.

1. xanchui

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='glemtvapen']Need clarification. Does ME2 come with the Cerberus Pack and the N7 Arsenal Bundle?[/QUOTE]

It only comes with the Cerberus Pack. You have to buy the N7 Arsenal Bundle.

[quote name='xanchui']I can host a Mass Effect 2 group, sign up or pm me. $12 each.

1. xanchui
5.[/QUOTE]

Definitely want in... but I just pm'ed someone about it. So could you reserve a spot for me for the time being (thinking of waiting a couple of hours before jumping into a group)?

[quote name='dejeckt']Definitely want in... but I just pm'ed someone about it. So could you reserve a spot for me for the time being (thinking of waiting a couple of hours before jumping into a group)?[/QUOTE]

Sure, that shouldn't be a problem.

[quote name='xanchui']I can host a Mass Effect 2 group, sign up or pm me. $12 each.

1. xanchui
5.[/QUOTE]

You planning on grabbing the N7 Arsenal bundle and future dlcs on this group?

[quote name='glemtvapen']You planning on grabbing the N7 Arsenal bundle and future dlcs on this group?[/QUOTE]

Nah, I'm not really interested in more dlc, so game only.

[quote name='xanchui']I can host a Mass Effect 2 group (game only), sign up or pm me. $12 each.

1. xanchui
2. sinlab
3. Fastlyfe
5.[/QUOTE]

Added. =)

[quote name='Trueblade']Going back through the posts, I have compiled a list of people interested in a Mass Effect 2 group. Let me know if corrections need to be made.

I prefer Mass Effect 2 with all present and future DLC.

Mass Effect 2 + DLC (including future ones)
1. (host)
2. Trueblade
3. JimmyThong

Looking for Mass Effect 2 group
slayerxx1
glemtvapen
sinlab
FastLyfe
DoubleStop
dejeckt[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in the DLC. Count me in if there's a spot. Let me know asap.

[quote name='xanchui']I can host a Mass Effect 2 group (game only), sign up or pm me. $12 each.

1. xanchui
2.FastLyfe
5.[/QUOTE]

Count me in!

1. xanchui
2. Fastlyfe
3. sinlab
5.[/QUOTE]

Updated.

3 Gameshares left
Alien Breed 1
Alien Breed 2
4$
---------------
1 share left
Tetris + Greed Corp
4$
-----------------------
1 share left
Disgaea 3 complete DLC
10$

This is what I have so far for the Mass Effect 2 with all present and future DLC group.

Mass Effect 2 + DLC (including any future one(s))
1. (host)
2. Trueblade
3. JimmyThong
4. glemtvapen

We just need one more person and a host.

@sinlab
Sorry about not getting back to you earlier. I was not at the computer. If you want, I can add you to this group. Let me know.

[quote name='Trueblade']This is what I have so far for the Mass Effect 2 with all present and future DLC group.

1. (host)
2. Trueblade
3. JimmyThong
4. glemtvapen

We just need one more person and a host.

@sinlab
Sorry about not getting back to you earlier. I was not at the computer. If you want, I can add you to this group. Let me know.[/QUOTE]

add me in please!!

I want to make sure that everyone is cool with chipping in for any DLC that is released later. Let me know if there is a problem with that.

We just need a host now.

1. (host)
2. Trueblade
3. JimmyThong
4. glemtvapen
5. skylinersx

Just giving out some reps to the CAGs I did gameshare trades with today:

Thanks to:

FlamedLiquid for a smooth share-for-share trade (your PM box is full, by the way)...
meeek for an easy sell on my RDR DLC for PayPal...and...
cule54 for setting up the ME2 gameshare and getting me the info nice and easy-like after I paid

You all receive the aaronmills Seal of CAG-proval

For Sale
I will rarely take lower offers, but feel free to ask anyway
Contact me via PM to receive my paypal email address if you wish to buy a share.

Gameshare #1 - $4
Tetris : 5.1 surround sound and 1080p adaption of the classic puzzle game. Additional gameplay modes and multiplayer feature are present, as well as a bunch of elaborate stat tracking procedures. Reason for sale: I don't like the control scheme (d-pad is used instead of Analog to move blocks and the d-pad on my controllers are heavily worn).
Greed Corps : Beautiful game with a crisp art style and jazzy soundtrack. It plays like a more complicated version of Risk with incorporated RTS elements (such as resource harvesting). Reason for sale: I've finished the campaign and am not interested in playing a strategy game against other humans.

Gameshare #2 - $3
Full Collection of Killzone 2 DLC : This includes 6 new maps in total, some of which have additional weapons and features such as an active EMP that detonates in the center of the level on timed intervals. These map packs are especially enjoyable given that the most invested members of the Killzone 2 community spend most of their time now with this content exclusively. Reason for sale: I've done all the ranking up I intend to do in Killzone 2's multiplayer, so I no longer need these maps.

Searching For

The only thing I'm looking for at this time is the N7 Complete Arsenal Bundle for Mass Effect 2. This is the paid DLC bundle that includes all of the 2 dollar packs. I don't mind paying 2 dollars for this instead of $1.60 if necessary.

[quote name='aaronmills']Just giving out some reps to the CAGs I did gameshare trades with today:

Thanks to:

FlamedLiquid for a smooth share-for-share trade (your PM box is full, by the way)...
meeek for an easy sell on my RDR DLC for PayPal...and...
cule54 for setting up the ME2 gameshare and getting me the info nice and easy-like after I paid

You all receive the aaronmills Seal of CAG-proval[/QUOTE]

thansk for the heads up. Cleared out my inbox. Sorry if anyone was trying to PM me. Still got LBP2 CE shares to share if anyone is interested. No paypal though. Share for share.

Thinking about hosting a share with
Microbots ($10)
Strong Bad Season Pass ($15)
Groovin Blocks ($10)

I'm flexible with SB and GB, but Microbots HAS to be in the share. Going to be $7 a share. Any takers?

1. djratchet (host)

[quote name='djratchet']Thinking about hosting a share with
Microbots ($10)
Strong Bad Season Pass ($15)
Groovin Blocks ($10)

I'm flexible with SB and GB, but Microbots HAS to be in the share. Going to be $7 a share. Any takers?[/QUOTE]
I'm cool with Microbots, but both SB and GB don't interest me. How about Dead Nation ($15) and maybe Pacman CE ($10) or X-men Arcade ($10)?

Alright, this share has two slots open. Cost is $9.99 per person, and the games are listed below.

Members:
1. rkrocks123
2. Killkernal
3. Kingpin
4. ?
5. ?

Games to purchase:

Crazy Taxi - $9.99
Earthworm Jim HD - $9.99
Marvel Pinball - $9.99
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game - $9.99
Trine - 9.99

Selling shares of Bionic Commando: Rearmed for $2. Yes, I know it was on sale for $5 a couple of weeks ago. No, I didn't get it for that price.

I'll also buy a share for $4 (double the normal 20%), if I don't get an offer to buy a share first -- don't have the game yet, but I will be getting it one way or another (either buying full game or buying a share) in the next 24 hours.

Nevermind, it's still $5!

[quote name='Polaris1001']BTW, after installing Mass Effect 2, it still uses only 12GB in your HDD. I really have no idea why they put 24GB on the game info.[/QUOTE]

My guess is the extra 12gb is needed during the installation process and the "temp" files are deleted after the install is complete. Again, that's just a WAG (wild ass guess). :D

With Mass Effect 2 available as DLC in getting interested in Game Shares. I just have a few quick questions, I know that only 16 accounts can be held on a PS3 (15 + yours).

Lets say I join a Mass Effect 2 game share group and I pay my part, I have to set up a new account using the account information from the host? Also, once the game is downloaded I can't delete the created account because it will also delete the game download (Mass Effect 2)?

Our Random Mass Effect 2 and More Gameshare Group is now full, contacting the members.

- Winky65 (host)
- rkrocks123
- kurrptsenate
- my friend
- me

[quote name='D_Icon']With Mass Effect 2 available as DLC in getting interested in Game Shares. I just have a few quick questions, I know that only 16 accounts can be held on a PS3 (15 + yours).

Lets say I join a Mass Effect 2 game share group and I pay my part, I have to set up a new account using the account information from the host? Also, once the game is downloaded I can't delete the created account because it will also delete the game download (Mass Effect 2)?[/QUOTE]
Correct. You can play the game in any account, but once you delete the account, it won't let you play any games/DLC on that PS3 that were on that account, as the "owner" of those games is no longer on the PS3 (IIRC, it doesn't actually delete them, just doesn't let you play them, though that might vary by game).

3 Gameshares left
Alien Breed 1
Alien Breed 2
4$
---------------
1 share left
Tetris + Greed Corp
4$
-----------------------
1 share left
Disgaea 3 complete DLC
10$

If you join this group, you have to chip in for new DLC when the time comes. Other than that, we just need a host now.

1. (host)
2. Trueblade
3. JimmyThong
4. glemtvapen
5. skylinersx

Hello all. I'm not a long-standing member of the Cheap Ass Gamer community by any means, but I have decided to register in order to find a group that would be interested in buying Mass Effect 2.

I'm familiar with the entire game sharing process, as I often split the costs of games with a bunch of close friends - unfortunately, the only RPG (well, more of an action RPG) that they were ever interested in was Dead Nation, so I'll have to find me some new mates to get my Mass Effect fix... :cool:

I'd also like to buy any future DLCs, so if you'd be interested in splitting the cost of those as well - I'm game! :lol:

Also, if Mass Effect 3 turns out to be shareable (DLCs included) - count me in, no questions asked! ;)

Unfortunately I guess that I'm unable to "host", as I live in Poland and my Visa stopped being recognized by the US PSN some time ago - new region restrictions I guess? Last time I had to buy a PSN Network Card through the Internet and that didn't work out too well, as it seems that taxation was introduced and I ended up having to buy another one in order to afford a game. Meh.

To sum up this lengthy post:
1. Interested in sharing Mass Effect 2 with all the DLCs and Mass Effect 3 in the future
2. Using PayPal
3. Willing to let you guys know my FaceBook account name, e-mail address, Skype username, cellphone number and whatnot if you'd ever need me to send some cash and I wouldn't be browsing Cheap Ass Gamer at the moment
4. Unable (???) to host

PS. I just hope that the people who buy the PSN version of Mass Effect 2 don't have to shell out for an additional Cerberus Network code - that'd be a real downer.

EDIT: Hey everyone. Managed to join xanchui's group. Thanks!

hey guys whats this cerberus network? is digital copy more worth it than physical copy? i am opting to get physical..?! coz DL size is so big! and if i delete it for some space, i have to DL it all over again! right?

Only one Slot open!!! Hurry!!!
#1 Account:
LocoRoco 2
Pain
High Velocity Bowling
Superstar V8 Racing

Want: $2 hurry before there taken or make me an offer like LBP2 DLC. :) PM me as well.

[quote name='Rosterking']Only one Slot open!!! Hurry!!!
#1 Account:
LocoRoco 2
Pain
High Velocity Bowling
Superstar V8 Racing

Want: $2 hurry before there taken or make me an offer like LBP2 DLC. :) PM me as well.[/QUOTE]

all these for $2? or $2 a piece?

Send me a PM, im interested in the bowling

[quote name='vonoliveramora']hey guys whats this cerberus network? is digital copy more worth it than physical copy? i am opting to get physical..?! coz DL size is so big! and if i delete it for some space, i have to DL it all over again! right?[/QUOTE]

A clever, yet morally questionable method on EA's side, which pretty much guarantees that they'll get at least "a portion of their money back" when you buy an used game from a friend or a local retailer.

Some content on the Mass Effect 2 game disc is available right from the start, but some has to be unlocked by entering a unique (one-time use only, provided on a paper code-sheet added to the game box) "Cerberus Network" code online. Which, as you may have guessed already, stays signed to a given user. :drool:

In Mass Effect 2 the locked content is an additional NPC (along with his storyline, missions etc.) - Zaeed, one side mission (a piece of back story, especially enjoyable if you have played the first game), a quest which involves you piloting a hovering vehicle, some equipment (shotgun, heavy weapons, unique armor) and the interactive comic.

Without the interactive comic you're pretty much unable to understand the story of the first Mass Effect (if you haven't played it already that is) and, what's even worse, you can't make any choices in order to make your Shepard unique.

The default choices, which the game forces on you if you haven't played the interactive comic, pretty much make you the most evil son of a *khem* that the galaxy has ever seen. :bomb:

Long story short: if you buy an used Mass Effect 2 disc, you have to shell out additional money for some pretty damn important content. If you are unable to connect your PS3 to the Internet... Tough luck.

I have no idea how it works with the digital version of ME2 unfortunately, sorry. That's what I'd like to know as well.

[quote name='iwarboY']Umm, i had a ' Popcap Bundle ' share you were hosting and about 1 month later i tried to obtain the password off of you..
i Pm'd you many times with no response and finally deleted the share because i needed the space.
your profile stated you were on on more than 1 occasion. what gives maan.[/QUOTE]
i'd just like to say thank you to ' smiley241275 ' for recovering my Popcap bundle share and without further delay. sorry if i came on a bit strong but time can weigh a man down i guess.
Anywhoo, thanks bro. much appreciated

[quote name='gillian']A clever, yet morally questionable method on EA's side, which pretty much guarantees that they'll get at least "a portion of their money back" when you buy an used game from a friend or a local retailer.

Some content on the Mass Effect 2 game disc is available right from the start, but some has to be unlocked by entering a unique (one-time use only, provided on a paper code-sheet added to the game box) "Cerberus Network" code online. Which, as you may have guessed already, stays signed to a given user. :drool:

In Mass Effect 2 the locked content is an additional NPC (along with his storyline, missions etc.) - Zaeed, one side mission (a piece of back story, especially enjoyable if you have played the first game), a quest which involves you piloting a hovering vehicle, some equipment (shotgun, heavy weapons, unique armor) and the interactive comic.

Without the interactive comic you're pretty much unable to understand the story of the first Mass Effect (if you haven't played it already that is) and, what's even worse, you can't make any choices in order to make your Shepard unique.

The default choices, which the game forces on you if you haven't played the interactive comic, pretty much make you the most evil son of a *khem* that the galaxy has ever seen. :bomb:

Long story short: if you buy an used Mass Effect 2 disc, you have to shell out additional money for some pretty damn important content. If you are unable to connect your PS3 to the Internet... Tough luck.

I have no idea how it works with the digital version of ME2 unfortunately, sorry. That's what I'd like to know as well.[/QUOTE]

so im assumiing youve played the 1st one and you are saying get the physical medium not the digital one, correct? coz the physical has that code.

[quote name='vonoliveramora']hey guys whats this cerberus network? is digital copy more worth it than physical copy? i am opting to get physical..?! coz DL size is so big! and if i delete it for some space, i have to DL it all over again! right?[/QUOTE]
They are the same, they come with the same content.

[quote name='vonoliveramora']so im assumiing youve played the 1st one and you are saying get the physical medium not the digital one, correct? coz the physical has that code.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've finished the first one - highly recommended by the way, epic game. :)

As for what you should buy... If anyone can confirm that the digital version DOESN'T need the Cerberus Network code/paid subscription package, get that. You can always share the game with other people later on, assuming that you want to buy the game just for yourself right now - by doing that you'd get a portion of your money back sooner or later.

Even if it does need the code though and you're thinking about joining a game sharing group right now, do it. The divided cost per person is still smaller than buying Mass Effect 2 straight from the store shelves.

Sorry for any confusion that I might have caused with my previous post - language barrier and all that jazz, sometimes it's hard to voice your thoughts. :roll:

EDIT: OK, it seems that Solid-Snake-Eyes pretty much nailed it with his post - go for the digital version.

thanks. i like a more direct answer though im an aussie. but still. DLing it is a pain, i can only imagine the install time and when i need space im not comfty with DLing it again.

Alright, this share has one slot left. Cost is $9.99, and the games are listed below.

Members:
1. rkrocks123
2. Killkernal
3. Kingpin
4. Entropy_7
5. ?

Games to purchase:

Crazy Taxi - $9.99
Earthworm Jim HD - $9.99
Marvel Pinball - $9.99 (Will be downloaded onto a separate account from the others)
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game - $9.99
Trine - 9.99

[quote name='vonoliveramora']thanks. i like a more direct answer though im an aussie. but still. DLing it is a pain, i can only imagine the install time and when i need space im not comfty with DLing it again.[/QUOTE]

you should really purchase a new HDD, the cost is sooo cheap these days for a fairly large HDD. to switch them is a cinch and takes approximately 10 minutes.
But before you head to ebay, check your game data and rid of any unwanted data. games you won't ever play again, gamesaves, movies take up loads of space etc. you'd be surprised how much accumulates over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back