CAGCAA - NCAA 09 Dynasty - 2009 Season - Week 19 Week Deadline: 6/7

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yes, you broke it. ;) I haven't advanced it yet, so I'll see what's up in a little bit when I get on.[/quote]

Yeah I figured I did something wrong when I went back to the DHQ to check and see if anyone else had played and it just showed me the pre-season stuff.

Before this came out I had read a lot of stuff about this game having MANY flaws. Last night I took my game and HD over to my buddies so I could set up my dynasties and I got a chance to play a few games with him. I've got to say I saw NOTHING wrong in about 5 games that jumped out at me. I think this is by far the best next gen NCAA experience and I am pumped to get these dynasties started. Is it a lot different when you are playing the computer or what because I've sure read a lot of bitching about this game.

I've advanced the dynasty to the regular season, so you guys can now play your games for the first week. I've also spruced up the OP for the start of the season.

So is there anything that would prevent a person in our dynasty from quitting out of their game if they were losing and just replaying it?

OP looks nice by the way

There's nothing to prevent it, I guess so that legit reasons to stop playing aren't cut off, too, but it shows the amount of times you've restarted a game to everyone.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']There's nothing to prevent it, I guess so that legit reasons to stop playing aren't cut off, too, but it shows the amount of times you've restarted a game to everyone.[/QUOTE]

ehh, that kind of sucks, but oh well.

[quote name='Ace!']eww...FCS...should be tons of blowouts on that...looks like I will get some backups in...[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what I thought when I saw that on my sched as well. Oh well I haven't played the computer in this game so it'll be a nice adjustment. My buddy who saw how happy I was to play this game last night offered to let me borrow his box since he hardly ever plays, so I will be playing my game tonight.

Might should have changed those teams...I am sure the UGA guy and LSU guy will rape these teams...Mine was ranked like a 31 overall...

I could have easily beat them 300-0.

I put in backups on top of backups...ran simple plays...even let them tackle me on INTs...

So the score looks crazy...but I just played bored out of my mind.

Luckily my next two games are user vs user games...will make it much tougher on the Canes...it will show that the Canes are really not that good...but I just have a young team...very young.

OMG, the team I played was a 30 overall and I'm quite disappointed they scored on me, but man I was BORED! I started doing goal line blitzs and such. Anyways I got 140 and I could have EASILY returned EVERY kick for a TD, but that would have not been fun. This was a great game to get the pass, run, and receive a TD with the same player.

Is there a way to look at our league online? I took my 360 to my friend's house for some Rock Band and I don't feel like hooking it up right now. Could someone tell me who my first opponent is?

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Is there a way to look at our league online? I took my 360 to my friend's house for some Rock Band and I don't feel like hooking it up right now. Could someone tell me who my first opponent is?[/quote]

Check out the OP.

[quote name='FrankySox']OMG, the team I played was a 30 overall and I'm quite disappointed they scored on me, but man I was BORED! I started doing goal line blitzs and such. Anyways I got 140 and I could have EASILY returned EVERY kick for a TD, but that would have not been fun. This was a great game to get the pass, run, and receive a TD with the same player.[/QUOTE]

Lucky... I have #7 Missouri for my first game.

If you guys wanted to have a little extra fun with the league, we could use the easportsworld.com video feature to upload a "play of the game" for each of our games. For example, my "play of the game" for this week is a kick return with 4 seconds to go in the 2nd quarter.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/43922

All you have to do is save your video in the game, create and link up a easportsworld.com account to your XBL GT, and then go to view your saved replay and choose to upload it to the ea servers. It can take up to 5 minutes for the upload, but it isn't too bad most of the time.

A few notes:

1. The FCS teams will be banned from scheduling for the rest of the dynasty. I'll make sure you have more respectable teams to whoop on next season, but I won't raid the rest of the Top 25 for your opponents either.

2. If you guys play your games and recruit before the deadline, I can advance the week more quickly so we have a better chance of finishing a season within a few months.

3. I can adjust AI and other settings, so if you think it needs some tweaking, let me know and I'll consider it. It'll be a week-by-week thing though since it won't take effect until the following week.

4. Matt, while that would be a good idea, it only lets you upload 5 videos total, so it erases one of your videos when you upload a new one. If you guys want to upload one, that's fine, but it won't be a requirement or anything like that.

Thanks for getting rid of the FCS teams...was the most boring game I have ever played
had to try to get tackled in some of the plays...crazy.

I think it will be good with the decent teams...should be a competitive game vs the computer.

Just a FYI in case anyone wants to do this... Another way around the video problem is that you can save the file off of the easportsworld website and then just upload it to a different place with unlimited spots like youtube. All you have to do is click on "Download this Video" on the page that has your uploaded video.

After you save the file to your computer, you'll need to convert it to avi, mpg, mov, or wmv. Then you can upload it to youtube. I just thought it would be a neat way to see whats going on around our dynasty.

If anyone wants to do this, just send me a PM and I'll give you a link to download an easy to use converter.

Here is my week 1 movie, I'm just going to post all of mine on youtube from here on out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qr19rAHGyY

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']4. Matt, while that would be a good idea, it only lets you upload 5 videos total, so it erases one of your videos when you upload a new one. If you guys want to upload one, that's fine, but it won't be a requirement or anything like that.[/quote]

Just a FYI in case anyone wants to do this... Another way around the video problem is that you can save the file off of the easportsworld website and then just upload it to a different place with unlimited spots like youtube. All you have to do is click on "Download this Video" on the page that has your uploaded video.

After you save the file to your computer, you'll need to convert it to avi, mpg, mov, or wmv. Then you can upload it to youtube. I just thought it would be a neat way to see whats going on around our dynasty.

If anyone wants to do this, just send me a PM and I'll give you a link to download an easy to use converter.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']4. Matt, while that would be a good idea, it only lets you upload 5 videos total, so it erases one of your videos when you upload a new one. If you guys want to upload one, that's fine, but it won't be a requirement or anything like that.[/quote]

I'm just going to put all of my videos on youtube too. So here is mine from week 1. I also added some music to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qr19rAHGyY

[quote name='Ace!']so can you just pick any play? I havent messed around with it yet...[/quote]

Yeah, anytime during your game or before exiting the game you can select EA Sports Highlights. Then you can cycle through every single play and either watch the replay or save the video. You can also save the photos that were taken during the game.

Then after you save your files, go to the my legacy section and then view your videos. From that section you can upload them to easportsworld. You will have to make a ea sports world account and link it to your gamertag before you can do this though. Just go to www.easportsworld.com

After you do that, your videos you choose to upload will be displayed under "Your Videos" on the easportsworld website. Then you can just open the video, and choose to download it. Then convert the file, to one that is usable on youtube and you can upload it. I used windows movie maker after converting my file to add in the title screen and song.

If you need any help just let me know.

[quote name='RawisJericho']Just a FYI in case anyone wants to do this... Another way around the video problem is that you can save the file off of the easportsworld website and then just upload it to a different place with unlimited spots like youtube. All you have to do is click on "Download this Video" on the page that has your uploaded video.

I'm just going to put all of my videos on youtube too. So here is mine from week 1. I also added some music to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qr19rAHGyY[/quote]
That's cool that there's a work around, but it's still quite a bit of work for just the one video. Keep up the good work though.

[quote name='slickkill77']Well my game against troy next week shouldnt be any different from an FCS team[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm on LSU in Campus Legend and I just raped Troy.

My next game is against a CAG. How do we set that up? I assume we just have to schedule a time to be on the dynasty at the same time?

Yeah, I figured that would be the most enjoyable route, and LSU was the top team that offered me a starting job. Plus, as a Lakers fan, I like their colors.

They did kick their starting QB off of the team, so they're desperate enough to take on any freshman QB to start. :lol: I picked them for that same reason, as well.

I had a halfway decent tie game going with Mizzou, and then when I responded to a friend's voice message, the game froze with the guide halfway on the screen. Ugh. I couldn't stand to start it over right then, so I went to play my Big Ten online dynasty game.

I was out for blood after the freezing of my first attempt at my game. Making sure not to press the guide button under any circumstances, I took the field against Missouri. I went up 14-0 within 30 seconds thanks to 2 INTs returned for TDs, and never looked back.

Despite my offense being anemic in the first half, throwing 3 interceptions, my defense (which FrankySox and RawIsJericho can tell you from experience is my strong suit) took me to a 38-6 lead (including 3 INTs returned for TDs, and a kickoff as well) before Mizzou scored their first TD midway through the 3rd. I won 45-20. The #7 team has gone down!

Fun fact: I didn't realize until the 3rd that the quarters were 6 minutes. Why the strange number?

Finally, I still have to do my recruiting, but we only have one more user who needs to play his game.

Last edited by a moderator:
From pasta padre

Online Dynasty in NCAA Football 09 was shaping up to be to be one of, if not the best new feature in a sports game in years. It had a true next-gen feel to it and into just the first week of the feature it had rejuvenated my interest in playing games against the CPU. The ability to have most of the games against the CPU offered the flexibility to progress a dynasty smoothly (unlike online leagues) while keeping the interactivity of having other users involved made it an exciting proposition.
Unfortunately the biggest feature for the game doesn’t appear to work right, as numerous reports of different things happening to wreck dynasties have been reported. That is the case with the Pastapadre Online Dynasty, which before week one could even be completed has seen an early death. I can no longer load into the dynasty as it just bumps me back to the main menu, and looking at the settings from the outside shows completely inaccurate settings and sliders.
Needless to say this is one of the most frustrating developments I’ve ever experienced when it comes to sports gaming. Previous years have brought terrible online performance though that was corrected with 09. Now the most anticipated and hyped feature doesn’t function correctly. And for those that haven’t had problems yet they’ll have to face anxiety each time they load it up. Not exactly the experience that was promised.
Along with the Online Dynasty problems there are a few other areas of concern, though minor in comparison. The Weather Channel feature hasn’t seemed to function since day one and the uploading of screenshots lately have not been working (though videos remain fine for whatever reason).
At this point even a patch can’t salvage the damage that has been done. I have little interest in restarting a dynasty from scratch. A few days ago I stated how enjoyable the game and new features were and how that would keep me playing through the release of Madden 09. Now it looks as though that won’t be happening.
I’m truely crushed by this development. I’m not sure where to go from here.

[quote name='slickkill77']From pasta padre

Online Dynasty in NCAA Football 09 was shaping up to be to be one of, if not the best new feature in a sports game in years. It had a true next-gen feel to it and into just the first week of the feature it had rejuvenated my interest in playing games against the CPU. The ability to have most of the games against the CPU offered the flexibility to progress a dynasty smoothly (unlike online leagues) while keeping the interactivity of having other users involved made it an exciting proposition.
Unfortunately the biggest feature for the game doesn’t appear to work right, as numerous reports of different things happening to wreck dynasties have been reported. That is the case with the Pastapadre Online Dynasty, which before week one could even be completed has seen an early death. I can no longer load into the dynasty as it just bumps me back to the main menu, and looking at the settings from the outside shows completely inaccurate settings and sliders.
Needless to say this is one of the most frustrating developments I’ve ever experienced when it comes to sports gaming. Previous years have brought terrible online performance though that was corrected with 09. Now the most anticipated and hyped feature doesn’t function correctly. And for those that haven’t had problems yet they’ll have to face anxiety each time they load it up. Not exactly the experience that was promised.
Along with the Online Dynasty problems there are a few other areas of concern, though minor in comparison. The Weather Channel feature hasn’t seemed to function since day one and the uploading of screenshots lately have not been working (though videos remain fine for whatever reason).
At this point even a patch can’t salvage the damage that has been done. I have little interest in restarting a dynasty from scratch. A few days ago I stated how enjoyable the game and new features were and how that would keep me playing through the release of Madden 09. Now it looks as though that won’t be happening.
I’m truely crushed by this development. I’m not sure where to go from here.[/QUOTE]

I don't even know what to say to that but i'm not happy right now...I'd love to have an address to send EA a piece of my mind, this is turning out to be horrendous. What next regular OFFLINE dynasties stop working?

Yo yo Frisky, are you doing this? I can also have a backup..

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...n-prevent-online-dynasty-problems-within.html

Well fellas myself and AA believe we have come up with a solution to PREVENT tragedies within the online dynasty (OD) mode. Now glitches, bugs, and the like may occur...but a very simple strategy can be put into place.

Let's say I start up an OD. I invite 8 users and we all get through the preseason and all that great stuff. What should I do?

How about back up your dynasty file! I would advise the OD commissioner to simply save the dynasty as an offline dynasty file to just have on your console.

So all you need to do is have the OD commissioner save the dynasty file to their console after every week you advance. It doesn't take long and can save you severe frustration, which many on this and other boards are going through.

Now for the problem with not being allowed back in your dynasty and not being allowed to retire from the dynasty...

Have another member ALSO back up the dynasty file. You have two people backing up the dynasty file on their console so if the commissioner is unable to restart the league you have a backup member ready to take over the reigns. They can upload the offline dynasty to the servers and invite all the members again...you will all be able to pick up right where you left off!

To get the person back as commissioner: Not too sure. I tried to delete the OD file from my console and was successful. However, when I went to the OD section of NCAA I saw my dynasty was still there. I guess you can't delete your OD from the servers unless you retire.

Hopefully this works to the point where you only lose a week's worth of games/stats if you have a problem.

Question for you guys who have had somebody "hijack" your dynasty:

Were you all able to delete your dynasty? If so, how?

I hope this makes sense and I hope that it works!

*Some quick notes*
- If the commish has the problem where they can't retire from the dynasty, you need to have another person back up the files for the replacement commish. Hopefully it doesn't happen so many times where everyone is commissioner of a no good dynasty...but who knows...it's EA after all! (Low blow...but damn this sucks!)
- If you advance a week and the stats & scores are messed up...just retire the online dynasty and upload the backup file. Now I'm really hoping this doesn't become a HUGE problem because it seems like this is happening quite a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't, but I can do it now. I didn't know it could be done like that since it seemed like it would close the online dynasty and turn it offline automatically.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I wasn't, but I can do it now. I didn't know it could be done like that since it seemed like it would close the online dynasty and turn it offline automatically.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, I'll go ahead and provide the backup, this is ridiculous...just got suspended at OP for complaining. Hopefully we don't see any problems with our dynasty from now on.

"Flash...he'd save every one of us"

Well, I just had my worst game ever of NCAA on any console. I threw six interceptions in my game. At times it seemed like no matter what I did I could not complete a pass longer then 12 yards. Long balls were non responsive. If i threw a lob, my QB would throw a bullet. If I wanted to throw a Bullet on a slant pattern, my QB would lob. Has anyone else had these problems? I know most of you had FCS teams so look out for this next week.

BTW, I would just say I suck but I played the same game with the same team in my offline dynasty with the same difficulty settings and blew out Cal 47-10.

I had the toughest game of all- #7 Missouri at Missouri. But I feel ya, man. I play as Illinois in my offline dynasty and 4 online ones, and I've experienced the same shit. It just happens sometime.

I guess if you've played your game, we're all done except for recruiting for this week. I will do mine tomorrow. Maybe Frisky can move us along after we take care of that, then?

bread's done
Back