CAGCAA - NCAA 10 Dynasty - 2011 Season - Week 19 Deadline: 6/28

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm too busy to do a write-up now, but here are this week's games:

Notre Dame (acabra2) at Georgia Tech (S3anAmI)
Georgia at Michigan State (XXXplosive1)
Texas (Frankysox) at Tennessee
Florida (Ultimate Matt X) at Florida State
South Florida (JustnCredible29) at Ohio State (FriskyTanuki)
LSU (DarkTower80) at USC

Byes: Miami (drunknmunkys), Rutgers (BigAT4)

Matt, the disconnect in your game caused it to be simmed, so you ended up winning.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Man, I even played the CPU and lost (though I tried to win) hoping it would give him the result if I finished out. Too bad you couldn't have simmed it repeatedly until I lost.

I should be able to get one tomorrow. Let me know when you're ready to play and I'll get on.

I'll have to get on tonight and recreate the league again, so I'll push the deadline back a day or so.

Its fine, wish I had my win back though. We should figure out some way to back up the dynasty each week in case this happens so we can revert back to the non simmed week.

Yeah I was thinking that too. If it isn't too much of a pain maybe Frisky and maybe a few others of us as a backup should start trying to save offline versions that we can mess with to try and simulate the results when someone gets screwed.

Well I just replayed Florida State and just barely managed to pull off a win. The first game was close too, but this was worse. 90 yard plus interception and fumble returns are what saved me.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Yeah I was thinking that too. If it isn't too much of a pain maybe Frisky and maybe a few others of us as a backup should start trying to save offline versions that we can mess with to try and simulate the results when someone gets screwed.[/QUOTE]
I can do that, but at the rate we're going, it's not going to be worth advancing to the next season if we're basically having to pray every week that our results will not change.

I'm sure you guys are sick of seeing that the 30-45 minutes of game time you put in for a week gets erased because of bugs.

Yeah, I think we should just ride this season out (though of course I'd think that the glitches seem to help me :) ) and maybe take a few weeks before we get going again to see what all we can agree on for when things go crazy again. I mean if I lose and then it sims a win I'm willing to connect with my opponent and just take a loss a few times if necessary or just let everything sim again and redo recruiting.

It really wont be an inconvenience, if you just keep the save of the latest good weekand then sim to get the same results. If we can't get the same results by simming we can just make the winner play the cpu again or something to get a win.

That was a great game, moonknight. It was close up until the end and I managed to grab the win with a long FG from my freshman kicker, which I wasn't sure since he doesn't have range yet. Your QB is tough, as I knocked him out a few times and he still came back each time while you managed to take Pryor out for most of the second half.

Yes, that was an exciting game! Pryor and your backup made huge plays. It was one of those games that makes me wish for a replay/viewer feature for next years version.

As far as inconvenience, it's a good hour or more to get the save file for a week, sim all of the games to get satisfactory results, and then create a new dynasty. This is the process to fix the dynasty if we have an issue:

1. Open save file in local dynasty mode
2. Go to weekly schedule and sim a game
3. If result is satisfactory, quick save and repeat step 3
4. If a bad result occurs, quit out of dynasy and repeat steps 1 and 2 until step three occurs
5. Once all games are simmed, advance to next week and save
6. Quit out of dynasty and go to online dynasty mode
7. Retire from online dynasty to delete it (with a good amount of waiting as it dismantles the dynasty)
8. Create new dynasty with the save
9. Invite everyone back in and type up the gamertags of those that aren't on my friends list
10. Fix settings and submit (More waiting as it uploads the save file to the servers and sends invites to everyone)
11. Hope that everyone can get in just fine

It's not an inconvenience to do that once or twice, but every four or five days or every other week and it starts to add up to quite a bit of work to make up for the bugs.

If you don't want to do Im sure someone else won't mind doing it. Probably takes long to download and upload because your connection is not the best. Probably the reason 2 of the dynasty remakes didn't work because your connection messed up.

I wish these games just gave the person running the league the ability to declare a winner in games. That would make sense anyway for people that don't get games in on time and such.

When do the results typically get screwed up? Right when we advance though they look correct beforehand?

The advance went perfectly, so none of the results changed. :D

This won't be a full write-up, so here are the current bowl projections with last week's results:

Music City Bowl - #25 LSU vs Virginia - 12/31
Chick-fil-A Bowl - Notre Dame vs #20 Maryland - 12/31
Outback Bowl - #13 South Florida vs #22 Michigan - 1/1
Capital One Bowl - #15 Rutgers vs Northwestern - 1/1
AT&T Cotton Bowl - #12 Ohio State vs #16 Kansas State - 1/2
AutoZone Liberty Bowl - #17 Texas vs Southern Miss - 1/2
FedEx Orange Bowl - #4 UNC vs #7 Georgia Tech - 1/5
BCS National Championship - #2 Cal vs #1 Florida - 1/7

Here's the schedule for this week:

Oklahoma State at Florida (Ultimate Matt X)
Rutgers (BigAT4) at Wisconsin
Penn State at Ohio State (FriskyTanuki)
Notre Dame (acabra2) at Boston College
Michigan State (XXXplosive1) at Utah
LSU (DarkTower80) at North Carolina
Georgia at South Florida (JustnCredible29)

Byes: Texas (Frankysox), Georgia Tech (S3anAmI), Miami (drunknmunkys)

Unfortunately this afternoon my console got the E74 error, which is essentially the same as the RROD. My console is still under warranty, thankfully, but due to this I will be unavailable for a bit while it is getting repaired.

That sucks BigAT...hope to have you back soon! I played my game and the bulldogs have no rushing d. Jamar Taylor had 5 TDs including a 73 yard burst. Looks like its going to Ga Tech vs FL and the winner gets a title shot!

Had another crap game and beat the CPU by 1 or 2 with a field goal on the last play of the game. Luckily, I had two interceptions returned for touchdowns which kept me in the game.

Just got my game in before I head to work. Killed North Carolina 48-7, they got their one td in the last minutes of the game down 41-0 and tried an onside kick which put me in field position to score one last time.

About half of the games kept their results, so I had to take the dynasty offline and sim the results to get the correct results. You'll have to get on and accept the invite to CAGCAA5 when you get the chance. We are now on Conference Championship week, which will be between Florida and Georgia Tech this year. Good luck.

Feel free to get on to do any recruiting you need to do since I believe that this is the last week for that until the off-season.

Here are the Bowl Projections for this week:

Music City Bowl - #22 LSU vs Vanderbilt - 12/31
Chick-fil-A Bowl - Notre Dame vs #19 Maryland - 12/31
Outback Bowl - #12 South Florida vs #21 Michigan - 1/1
Capital One Bowl - #14 Rutgers vs #23 Northwestern - 1/1
Allstate Sugar Bowl - #3 Oklahoma vs #6 Georgia Tech - 1/1
AT&T Cotton Bowl - #11 Ohio State vs #15 Kansas State - 1/2
AutoZone Liberty Bowl - #16 Texas vs Southern Miss - 1/2
BCS National Championship - #2 Cal vs #1 Florida - 1/7

I have a bunch of tests to finish out the school week. I can play on Friday after 2pm EST or during the weekend. Let me know.

Friday around 2 sounds good to me. I'm actually working on my Comprehensive Exams to finish my PhD program so I know what you mean about school work. If Friday doesn't end up working I should be around most of the weekend too.

Good game Matt, doubt any of us will get in the title game now though.
GT 34 Florida 31

Feel free to advance the week Frisky.

Hey Frisky I was wondering if this is the last season you'll be doing a dynasty for this game since we've had so many sim problems. The reason I'm asking is because I'm not sure if I'd commit to another season since we've been getting the sim bug and so many other games are coming out.

I'm considering it depending on how things go during the bowl season. Sorry for the delay in getting this advanced, as my online was down for most of yesterday and then EA's servers (not NCAA's servers, but the overall EA servers) were down for maintenance all day today to push it back even further.

We now have the results of the Heisman Memorial Trophy voting, which was a landslide victory:

1. Cody Hawkins - QB - Colorado - 501 1st, 189 2nd, 72 3rd - 1953 total points
2. Julio Jones - WR - Alabama - 94 1st, 183 2nd, 181 3rd - 829 total points
3. Greg McElroy - QB - Alabama - 84 1st, 158 2nd, 206 3rd - 774 total points
4. Jahvid Best - HB - Cal - 55 1st, 128 2nd, 163 3rd - 584 total points
5. Tevin Washington - QB - Georgia Tech - 43 1st, 105 2nd, 133 3rd - 472 total points

Here are the tallies for All-Americans:

Rutgers - 1 1st All-NCAA, 1 2nd All-NCAA, 1 Fresh All-NCAA, 2 1st All-SEC, 3 2nd All-SEC
Georgia Tech - 3 1st All-NCAA, 8 1st All-SEC, 2 2nd All-SEC
Ohio State - 1 1st All-NCAA, 1 2nd All-NCAA, 2 1st All-SEC, 2 2nd All-SEC
Florida - 4 1st All-NCAA, 2 2nd All-NCAA, 2 Fresh All-NCAA, 8 1st All-SEC, 7 2nd All-SEC
Texas - 1 Fresh All-NCAA, 1 1st All-SEC, 2 2nd All-SEC
South Florida - 1 Fresh All-NCAA, 2 2nd All-SEC
Notre Dame - 2 1st All-SEC, 2 2nd All-SEC
LSU - 1 1st All-SEC, 2 2nd All-SEC

Here are the relevant award winners:

Chuck Bednarik Award (Best Defensive Player), Lombardi Award (Best DL) - Jason Peters - Georgia Tech
Doak Walker Running Back Award - Kordell Young - Rutgers
Mackey Award (Best TE) - Jake Stoneburner - Ohio State

Here are the final Bowl Game match-ups:

Music City Bowl - #16 LSU vs Vanderbilt - 12/31
Chick-fil-A Bowl - Notre Dame vs #25 Maryland - 12/31
Outback Bowl - #12 South Florida vs #20 Michigan - 1/1
Capital One Bowl - #13 Rutgers vs #22 Northwestern - 1/1
Allstate Sugar Bowl - #4 Virginia Tech vs #6 Florida - 1/1
AT&T Cotton Bowl - #9 Ohio State vs #15 Colorado - 1/2
AutoZone Liberty Bowl - #14 Texas vs Southern Miss - 1/2
BCS National Championship - #2 Georgia Tech vs #1 Cal- 1/7

Since we don't have any games for the first week of the bowl season, so I advanced to Week 2 so that everybody but Georgia Tech has a game to play. Good luck.

I just want to say I'm down for another season even if the amount of players is cut down. I have some pretty good rivalries going that I'd like to keep up with. It might not be bad to restructure the conferences if possible if the amount of players changes.

I don't think I'll be returning after this season. The issue with game results not being saved, though no one's fault, is too much for me. It was frustrating enough the first time it happened to me, but I could deal with it. The fact that it has continued to occur so frequently since then is unacceptable for me. Two out of my three losses this season were games that I played in and won. It's impossible for me to generate the motivation and enthusiasm to play when I know there is a reasonable chance the results will get thrown out and the game will be completely out of my control.

Except we are going to make sure it doesn't happen anymore by saving the dynasty before the week and then fixing the results if the bug happens.

Hehe, I forgot the Outback Bowl is in Tampa. Playing in front of a packed home crowd, I killed Mich and picked off Tate 5 times. Looking forward to next year, hope my recruits help my offensive overhaul in the offseason!

If it's not one thing, it's another...

So I'm getting read errors with my NCAA disc now. It's not that the game stutters or crashes on me, my 360 doesn't even recognize there is a disc in the system. This used to happen occasionally for me even before, but the disc would get recognized if I just moved it about the tray a bit. Now, absolutely nothing after countless tries. There aren't any visible scratches on the disc either, I'm not really sure what's causing the issue. Does anyone have any advice on cleaning solutions/procedures?

bread's done
Back