CAGcast #273: The Wombat Syndrome

My constructive criticism comment for the contest:

Why is midnight in LA too late for CheapyD when he is up at that time in Japan?
Also $80,000 can get any podcast a lot of advertising and help bring in listeners.

Constructive Criticism:

1. No one wants to listen to you describe in detail a salad you ate or any other food you ate, unless it is strange or it causes you to shit yourself while trying to walk 10 ft to the bathroom.

2. Filter out the boring kids stories or at least make them shorter. I understand that kids get sick a lot and do stupid stuff because they don't know any better.

3. Kickstarter to get Wombat better jokes.

HBOGo is every series on HBO including past series in their entirety on-demand along with the month's selection of movies.

Yes there is some overlap with hbo on-demand from your cable company but only some. Generally your cable company will only have a handful of recent episodes from current series and a rotating handful of episodes from a past series plus maybe half of the featured movies of the month.

And to top it off HBO Go's interface is much better than your cable company on-demand interface.

Also between this and ESPN3 and Netflix then perhaps you don't need a cable box on a second or third tv in your home which can save you the $10/month box rental fee.

Show rocks.

Constructive criticism:

I'm probably in the minority, but I appreciate the shorter shows. The hour and a half episodes were a good length, but as the 3+ hour Giant Bombcasts stack up on my iPod, I realize that the best way to ensure people listen to the show is to keep it around an hour to hour-and-fifteen-minutes. Shorter shows are also more likely to bring in new listeners.

The show generally has good energy. The banter is what we all love. But nothing kills momentum like ignoring or dismissing what someone has just said. Think about using the "yes and" approach of improv comedy. Tear apart as many multinational corporations as you'd like, but always stay positive with each other.

One more that combines the two previous suggestions: Try to avoid going off on your own with a theory or rabbit hole. Don't dwell on one topic for too long, or else the audience (and your co-hosts) will ignore the good points you've made and just want you to shut up already. It's not an easy balance between snappy and in-depth, but there is a happy medium to be found, where everyone expresses their opinions (which is why we tune in) without stopping the forward momentum of the show.

Fan hat back on, I wouldn't have listened to you every week for the past 7 years (can't believe it's been that long) if I didn't like the show. Keep up the great work, and have fun.

Constructive Criticism:
I've been a long time listener. The podcast is better when it features more of an extended 'what we've been playing' section as opposed to news. By the time the podcast posts news items are usually already run into the ground and covered elsewhere. I enjoy hearing what you guys have been playing and your experiences with the game.This is unique content I can't get anywhere else. If the hosts have not played much one week, maybe the Hype Wagon can get extended to fill that portion.
Instead of traditional news, I think the deals you highlight each week on the podcast are also key and unique to your podcast. Keep those a key focus. Please don't dwell on news items like Kickstarter week after week. Enjoying the show. Keep it up.

[quote name='trip1eX']HBOGo is every series on HBO including past series in their entirety on-demand along with the month's selection of movies.

Yes there is some overlap with hbo on-demand from your cable company but only some. Generally your cable company will only have a handful of recent episodes from current series and a rotating handful of episodes from a past series plus maybe half of the featured movies of the month.

And to top it off HBO Go's interface is much better than your cable company on-demand interface.

Also between this and ESPN3 and Netflix then perhaps you don't need a cable box on a second or third tv in your home which can save you the $10/month box rental fee.

Show rocks.[/QUOTE]

This on HBO Go.... I missed out on a few HBO originals because i was to young to watch it when it aired and i didn't know it existed. I watched all of Oz recently (so much dong... :cry: ) and when the app launches on the 360 I'll be watching the Wire finally. On-demand only shows episodes of the current season so if you missed an episode you can catch up.

I hear lots of people say what's the point of HBO Go when I have a cable box STILL to this day, even the tech savvy. I think HBO needs to do a small ad campaign or something to make people fully understand what HBO Go is about.

Wombat your sexy and it's ok to just give MK to me.... :)

Constructive Criticism:

Shipwreck - Return the vita and spend the money on pop rocks and glowsticks
Wombat - Quit dropping the stack soap in the shower
Cheapy D - Throw an "over the hill" party at E3

[quote name='Curufinwe']Why can't Cheapy and Shipwreck do a show together next week with Wombat out?[/QUOTE]

Or bring in a special guest.

The spirit of the CAG party @E3 with doing something for the fans is cool, but E3 isn't for the fans. Maybe you could do something at either PAX Prime or next year's PAX East (probably too late for anything this year).

Guys, not only should you watch Jurassic Bark, but also Luck of the Fryish. Those episodes make me cry, and are an achievement in animated/sitcom storytelling.

Constructive criticism,

read people's ENTIRE comments before responding (not necessarily on the air). I made the same point in the post -that the itunes store has a lot of stuff to wade through. I was mainly responding to the comment "When you dilute the quality of a product, everything sucks". I disagree that "everything sucks" on iOS

(I realize maybe not all the comment makes it to the outline but it should)

Guys, on the whole used game issue, I'm getting to a boiling point. I'm really getting goddam sick of being treated like a lesser person because I need to save money. MOST of us aren't rich internet celebrities/space pimps, a (presumably) well-paid engineer, or even a person with a decent gay job they're grateful to have. Interestingly, when you have the money to spend on whatever new game you want for $60/pop it's not such a problem (or games you get for FREE).

Those of us who are having a tough time in life (financially and otherwise) while trying to still enjoy a hobby they've been playing most of their life find it a bitter fucking pill to keep swallowing when we're "the bad guy" because $60 isn't always the most reasonable price. This console generation has had the highest MSRP of any of my gaming years. Why WOULDN'T people like myself want to get a game they really enjoy at a cheaper price?

Being treated like a fucking pile of shit because I'm not giving them enough of my money is downright infuriating. I'm sorry that I can't loyally plop down $60 (and more for your DLC) whenever you say I need to. Some of us aren't doing so well and $60 is a few-and-far-between style of purchase whereas working with the games you want to sell to enjoy your hobby for cheaper is what we have to resort to.

I guess I feel that since I'm paying $59.99/year for xbox live service, why the fuck can't I use it with any damn game I want?

As for constructive criticism, guys...I know I would appreciate you not taking the they-can-do-whatever-they-want stance on these online passes/feature restriction issue. It's disheartening to hear your favorite podcast just not seem to really care if it affects you or not. We aren't all space pimps and can afford not to mind what they restrict from our used games.

P.S. also more BMQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey fellas, long time listener and first time poster in the forums.

I love the podcast just the way it is. So, I guess i have no constructive criticism for the contest.

I feel the Vita bashing is rightfully so, and your true feelings on the system itself. Why should anyone just say things good or bad about something if they don't actually feel that way toward it. Thats just lieing to yourself and others to appease a company.

Please keep up the great shows and I will continue to listen.

My constructive Criticism:

As much as I love listening to the show for gaming news, reviews, previews, and the crews opinions, the main reason I come to CAG is for deals. I liked how Cheapy highlighted the blackfriday deals, and it I think it would be cool if you guys had a weekly deal highlights segment. Also, it would be interesting to hear what you guys would pay for games that you have demoed, previewed, or just played. I don't know how listeners would respond if they disagreed, but I'm not listening to you guys for my opinion, I'm listening because I find your perspective interesting.

I've gone to both E3 parties, so I'm going to be disappointed if no gathering is held this year. That being said, I see where Cheapy is coming from. The impression I got from some of the attendants was that they weren't all that familiar with the CAGcast. Wombat's idea of holding a live CAGcast in LA could be pretty cool.

I kinda liked Binding of Isaac, but I don't agree with Wombat dismissively labeling the game as "subtle". The premise is that your strict mother starts hearing God's voice, and she blindly follows the voice's command to kill you, her son. The story could easily be taken out of context and put on a news broadcast. I regularly see kids with 3DS's, so putting Binding of Isaac in the E-shop would feel really out of place. Most titles on the 3DS E-shop are not M rated, anyway, so I think it has more to do with Nintendo wanting to preserve a family-friendly image than the religious allusions. And yes, I know the MGS3 and Resident Evil demo are available for download on the channel, but you could argue the premise of those games aren't as twisted as Binding of Isaac.

I am not sure which was funnier - Wombat's disdainful "You cried during Downton Abbey?" or Cheapy's "Now I'm hungry" right in the middle of discussing ME3 figures going into Ship.

Bravo, gentlemen!!

I think Shipwreck's and Cheapy's assessment of the vita is pretty spot on. I bought one last weekend and would have to say, it makes me really wonder why would a company release a product that isn't "complete". From taking it out of the box and having issues just connecting to my PSN network, to having to overpay for a memory card, I think Sony has to improve a lot in order to compete with the growing Smartphone Market.

I also think you should all forget about the haters of this show and I am glad none of you get offended by people's comments all 3 of you are great on this podcast, and its one of the only podcasts I listen to anymore.

Now for my question: What do you think that Sony should do with the next "vita 2/ps4" in order to compete with Apple/Microsoft? I think if they don't focus on UI and simplicity and a new controller layout for once, they are going to quickly lose the rest of their customer base. I am stating this as a former Sony fanboy who hasn't turned on his ps3 in months while still playing my 360 almost daily.

Cheapy - as an idea why not do something more with Child's play for the money you were going to spend on e3? Basically do a 2nd holiday round where you spend that money on gifts for more donators?

Great show, as always. I appreciated Wombat's attempt to be more judicious in his assessment of Apple's offerings this week, but thought he misjudged the reason people objected last week. It wasn't that he pointed out the shovelware for iOS; that's hardly a revolutionary critique. It was, rather, the broad generalizations about the quality of iOS games based on such limited ownership. Many of us have had multiple iPhones going back over several years, and are also serious gamers on other platforms, and we know that there are long games, deep games, difficult games, and innovative games on the system. It is hard to take seriously the summary judgment of our pal Wombat on a system he has only just acquired.

So, on to the "constructive criticism." (And yes, I would love that copy of MK.) Cheapy, you should follow the example of IGN and other sites that are more corporate and less entrepreneurial and take advantage of your listeners/followers to organize events. Find a group of volunteers to assist! Or why not hire a CAG intern who could help with these and other small tasks related to the site? Someone who could organize an event of the sort you held in previous years--getting smashed at a bar with a questionably eager proprietor--or something along the lines of what Wombat has in mind, a live event with a panel, questions, interviews, or something different. You don't have to do all of this work alone, or using your own hard earned dollars. Make people pay; make people RSVP; spend your money on a better location and ask people to chip in for drinks. Or go ahead, fund a scholarship, but at lead make it benefit the CAG community somehow by connecting it to the site. In other words, build on what you have already accomplished to create a new kind of experience for you, Wombat, and Shipwreck at E3 that will also produce new content for all of us, but don't try to do it yourself. My two bits. -Shogun Ieyasu

[quote name='Darkpaul']Guys, on the whole used game issue, I'm getting to a boiling point. I'm really getting goddam sick of being treated like a lesser person because I need to save money. MOST of us aren't rich internet celebrities/space pimps, a (presumably) well-paid engineer, or even a person with a decent gay job they're grateful to have. Interestingly, when you have the money to spend on whatever new game you want for $60/pop it's not such a problem (or games you get for FREE).

Those of us who are having a tough time in life (financially and otherwise) while trying to still enjoy a hobby they've been playing most of their life find it a bitter fucking pill to keep swallowing when we're "the bad guy" because $60 isn't always the most reasonable price. This console generation has had the highest MSRP of any of my gaming years. Why WOULDN'T people like myself want to get a game they really enjoy at a cheaper price?

Being treated like a fucking pile of shit because I'm not giving them enough of my money is downright infuriating. I'm sorry that I can't loyally plop down $60 (and more for your DLC) whenever you say I need to. Some of us aren't doing so well and $60 is a few-and-far-between style of purchase whereas working with the games you want to sell to enjoy your hobby for cheaper is what we have to resort to.

I guess I feel that since I'm paying $59.99/year for xbox live service, why the fuck can't I use it with any damn game I want?

As for constructive criticism, guys...I know I would appreciate you not taking the they-can-do-whatever-they-want stance on these online passes/feature restriction issue. It's disheartening to hear your favorite podcast just not seem to really care if it affects you or not. We aren't all space pimps and can afford not to mind what they restrict from our used games.

P.S. also more BMQ[/QUOTE]

I don't understand your point.

E3 is an event that most gamers would like to attend, but will probably never go.

Instead of an E3 party, why don't you hold a contest where CAG pays for the winner(s) airfare and hotel and gets them into E3? During their time at E3, winner(s) must compete against each host in the host's chosen game.

I've actually been working on a review for the CAGcast ever since I started listening toward the end of last year, I just haven't gotten around to fully completing it. But Wombat's contest has inspired me to finish that review. Here's my constructive review that probably won't get read:

Gaming journalists often lose sight of their audience and I've rarely felt that Cheapy D, Wombat, or Shipwreck have been guilty of this. You never get the sense that the hosts are shilling a game because they've been swayed by the game's developers. They have strong opinions and obviously favor their own personal choices (like the Xbox over the PS3), but tell me a gamer that doesn't have a strong opinion about something. You might not always agree with the hosts, but if you're looking for something on the Internet that 100% of people will agree with, then good luck.

However, the show often speaks to a very select group of listeners and segregates the majority. For example, those listeners tuning in to hear the show's hosts speak about a certain new release will be disappointed when no one on the show has played the game, let alone heard of it. You'll hear a lot of, "Has anyone checked out the demo?" or the reading of Metacritic scores, and it's rare when all three hosts are qualified to talk about the same game. In those rare moments, the show really works as all three hosts create a dynamic discussion (see any of the spoiler discussions on Alan Wake or Mass Effect 2), but for the most part, the show is very disconnected when it comes to new games. To be fair, though, the show's hosts often talk about purchasing the games at retail stores or on Amazon, and the title of the website is the Cheap Ass Gamer. I've come to not expect them to purchase everything.

Ultimately, the show is very entertaining and often very funny (especially Wombat), but it's not for everyone. You're not going to hear reviews for games that the hosts have no interest in (like Final Fantasy), but on the flip side of that, you're also going to hear a lot of opinions that differ from the majority (like that LittleBigPlanet sucks). Personally I enjoy their Favorite Games of the Year review because it gives me a chance to hear praise for games that would otherwise be overlooked by the general gaming journalist. I've heard enough praise for MW3 and Battlefield; it's refreshing to hear Cheapy talk about how much he liked Driver: San Francisco.

Also, Wombat, you need to stop reading comments that are negative just for the sake of either laughing at the person or making a point against Cheapy or Shipwreck. It really looks bad for anyone tuning in for the first time. I at least hope you're reading the positive comments too.

I know this post has gone on way longer than it should have but I need to stick in my two cents regarding used games. Recently I've decided that I want to play The Darkness. I could purchase a new copy on Amazon for $69.96 or a used copy from Gamestop for $9.99. Which am I going to choose? Ridding the game market of used games forces gamers to hoard their games and other gamers may never have a chance to experience older games.

[quote name='Darkpaul']Guys, on the whole used game issue, I'm getting to a boiling point. I'm really getting goddam sick of being treated like a lesser person because I need to save money. MOST of us aren't rich internet celebrities/space pimps, a (presumably) well-paid engineer, or even a person with a decent gay job they're grateful to have. Interestingly, when you have the money to spend on whatever new game you want for $60/pop it's not such a problem (or games you get for FREE).

Those of us who are having a tough time in life (financially and otherwise) while trying to still enjoy a hobby they've been playing most of their life find it a bitter fucking pill to keep swallowing when we're "the bad guy" because $60 isn't always the most reasonable price. This console generation has had the highest MSRP of any of my gaming years. Why WOULDN'T people like myself want to get a game they really enjoy at a cheaper price? [/QUOTE]

Not if you adjust it for inflation, and there are great sales on new games all the time.

You can buy all the used games you want, but don't cry when people point out that none of that money actually went to the people who made those games.

A lot of people complain about the non-videogame talk, poop stories and Wombat pulling things out of his ass for Bullshit Quarterly but that is actually what keeps me listening. The CAGcast is the only gaming podcast that I listen to now because it is not just three guys that take videogames WAY too seriously. I also like the fact that games that they don't like are skipped over and whatever they do talk about is straight to the point. It is painful to listen to other podcast hosts that spend 30 minutes or so talking about something like Pac Man.

I'm tired of hearing about "Sony Topics" it was basically that in the last couple of podcasts. Can you guys start switching the topics up?

Looks like a lot of people offering constructive criticism in a bid to get that Mortal Kombat but I'll throw my hat into the ring as well since I've listened to the show for a long time but never really commented on it.

First off, even though its been many many episodes since Shipwreck officially joined as the third member I'd like to point out that the show would no longer be complete without him, he adds a lot more gaming to the show than both Wombat and Cheapy, which helps legitimize the show more as a gaming podcast. That said, I'd be fine with an hour of you three talking about anything.

I also seem to be one of the few people who DOESN'T think Wombat causes unnecessary drama, quite the contrary his smarmy attitude and good sense of humor add a lot more personality to the show.

I did notice that you guys have been getting kinda lax with your next top analyst contest, you should do it more frequently!

As for the CAG meetup at E3, I can unfortunately not attend, nor does it look like I'll be able to in the future so I'd like it if you guys did some sort of live show or something, anything really that can be shared with CAG as a whole, not just those who were there. I don't want to ruin anyones fun however, and I'm sure if I were able to go the CAG party would be what I want.

HOW WAS THAT EH?

[quote name='LiK']My constructive criticism for the CAGcast is: why are the shows so short? 3 hours minimum to satisfy my needs. You guys need to drop all work and family responsibility, play more games and just be dicks to your haters to improve upon the show. I WANT MORE CAGCAST.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Winner, best cagcast thread comment. Ever.

I know I might be in the minority, but I am happy to see HBOGo on the Xbox. My cable provider will only give me HBO if I pay $10/mo per box for every room I want to watch HBO in. At least now I can watch HBO in my gaming space or bedroom without shelling out more money to the evil cable company. A secondary benefit is I bring HBO with me when I go and visit my mom.

Constructive criticism:

I enjoy the CAGcast. It is almost always going live when I am fading away on a paper that I really need to finish. I enjoy hearing the opinions of you guys no matter if they might wildly differ from mine.

My opinions on CAGcast:

1) The CAGcast should be longer. It really feels like you guys gloss over some subjects so that you cover everything. I would love it if the CAGcast was 2 hours or so per episode.
2) More non-gaming stuff. My favorite part of the CAGcast is the first 30 minutes where you guys chat about random stuff. I actually enjoy hearing about your families and jobs.
3) Single game coverage. I think it would be awesome if you guys all agreed to play a single game and talk about it during the next CAGcast. My favorite episodes are where you discuss a game that all three of you have played. Recently they have been the Skyrim episodes. I would be in favor of Shipwreck choosing a game and Wombat and Cheapy playing it.
4) Bring back the Cheapy guarantee. I discovered Backbreaker Vengeance because of this segment. There are a lot of smaller games that don't get covered by the main stream media.

I would like to see the Cheap Ass Scholarship happen, if only for the name.

As for constructive criticism...I really do enjoy the format of the show and the host personalities balance out each other fairly well. Something I should bring up is Wombat's view of the new Xbox dashboard. Hearing his interpretation from an advertising perspective was really interesting to me. I realize this is probably a bit much for a show that frequents the subject of bowel movements, but I would like to take away a little bit more from the show. Things like the possible reasons behind the xbox dashboard update or even Wombat's CBS boycott give me a whole new perspective to consider.

Of course, this is really depends on what interesting stuff has happened in the past week so it can't be expected from every show but that's all I got for now.

Wombat, I have been listening to the show for longer than I remember and I love it when you guys talk about your kids I became a dad a couple months after you did and it helps to think I can still play games and be a good dad. My wife's dad is over 60 and plays every day dude has a Zelda room!!! Nothing wrong with being a dad gamer!!!

Constructive Criticism

Here are some thoughts I had on this latest episode of the CAGCAST. I've been listening to this show since the "Vagina Clown" episode. :)

I really liked the discussion at the end where Cheapy, Wombat, and Shipwreck were answering the fan submitted question of "Has a movie made you cry?" I don't think I've completely bawled while watching a movie, but I did well up recently watching the new MUPPETS movie at a song near the beginning that deals with the topic of missing old friends.

A small comment on the HBO GO App on the 360. I have cable television with Xfinity (literally have no other choice in my apartment) and the On Demand for HBO on that service is limited to current shows and only goes back to the most recent 5 episodes. When I used the HBO GO App on my iPod Touch 4g, every episode for every major HBO series or miniseries ever (Sopranos, Band of Brothers, The Pacific, Game of Thrones, etc.) was on there.

The real question will be if the HBO GO App on the 360 will allow access to all the episodes or not - with the Hulu Plus app, not all of the TV shows are available to watch on the 360 or iPhone app and only everything can be watched via a desktop or laptop computer.

Anyway, I love the CAGCAST and look forward to listening to many more episodes to come.

Constructive Criticism: Bring more guest hosts. That one time you guys had the dude from Grasshopper it was a very entertaining view to have another person on the show. You guys should have a guest host at least once a month to throw their opinions out there and make the show more interesting.

Also, I know you guys have kids but you still need to get your gaming on. I want to hear as much news as possible about the latest games coming out even if that means you guys just played demos.

Shipwreck, I know you played a insane amount of games last year for reviews, what about this year? Am I just blind as to where your posting all your reviews? Because I haven't seen any in awhile on the blogs.

Great show, yet again. I really like the format, but I would like to hear you use show outlines generated by the CAG community every now and then. I remember you doing it a few times in the summer, and I thought they brought up several topics that you wouldn't normally have thought about. Maybe if there was one once a month or so.

I'd also like if you had some guest interviews sometimes. I'm sure Cheapy could throw his d-list internet fame around to get some industry people to come chat for 20-30 minutes every other week or so.

Great show as always guys. I've really appreciated the lack of breaks lately - it's great having a show to listen to every week - even if it's a relatively short one. Consistency is important to us loyal fans, Cheapy - so use that Audio Boo even if Wombat is in Disney.

As for constructive criticism, I know the poop stuff is rather mixed but I get the feeling that Cheapy loves telling these stories so they will most likely remain part of the show. The key is for Cheapy to be himself. Wombat feeds of that and it's important to have that dynamic right. Shippy provides the actual gaming content so that's what works.

To improve you just need to remember guys that you are doing this show because you love the industry. Very often one or more of you need a swift kick in the ass to remind you that gaming is our passion. Bitchy little gripes only make you look bad. If you don't like something, that's fine. Make your argument. Lately the negativity has far outweighed the positivity.

Keep in mind guys that each year has been better than the last in terms of actual games. And we love games so let's not concentrate too heavily on the negatives. For example, Cheapy you couldn't stop talking about how much you loved Saints Row 3 but if you listen to your comments on this show, you'd never know it. That attitude really brings the show down.

As for the E3 party, my suggestion is to have it. If you are concerned about the cost - put a cap on what is available or let people buy their own damn drinks. I'm hoping to make it out for the first time this year and I'd love to meet you guys.

You guys do a great job and I do appreciate what you do each week for the show. Keep up the great work and try to stay positive.

Konsrtuctive Kriticism:
Shipwreck - stating that sexism happens everywhere makes it seem like you're diminishing the importance of recent events like the Capcom thing and the Jennifer Hepler case. The way some of the fighting game community acts makes it less than welcoming to newcomers. This could lead to fighting games fading back into obscurity. When shit like this happens, it lends credibility to the mouth-breathing basement-dweller stereotype popularized by Faux News.
Wombat - kudos for pointing out that schemes like Sony's Vita trophy policy punish the consumer. These companies need to get out of bed with GameStop, and figure out new solutions to get people to buy their games new.
Overall, great as always.

Despite being sad I really enjoyed the beginning of Up. Unfortunately the silly scene at the end with the dogs...dog fighting kind of took away some of the enjoyment. Great show as always.

Constructive Criticism: the show could be a little longer and I think you all should throw a guest on the show every once and awhile just to keep things spicy*

*I could not think of a better word at the time but you know what I mean

Constructive Criticism: I don't know why, but I actually enjoy hearing about the things you enjoy and spend time on outside of video games. Not so much the poop references, but definitely movies, comics, sports (or lack there of). Also, I enjoy hearing what you want from future games and systems. Maybe you could provide what you want (or favorite feature) from each major genre. For example, what aspects of RPGs do you enjoy and what do you want to see? Same for fighting games, platformers, adventure, etc.

Long time listener. Makes the end of the week a little more awesome since Howard Stern until works through Wednesday.

I enjoy the banter each and every show I feel it keeps the show interesting instead of just going from one topic to another. It's good to have an outline but people don't want to just hear scripted talk.
It's nice that at least one of you play games (Shipwreck) so when I listen I could get some information on different games instead of just the facebook games Wombat plays :p

I listen to the CAGcast because it's not like another podcast and I enjoy it. I think listeners can feel like we want to listen and care about each of the host. I think it's great that you guys are a little older to give you an appreciation of gaming and you have lived through all the crap the NES and atari put out so you can compare and knowledge what has changed over the years.

Constructive criticism, you say?

Keep your topics in order better. A bunch of times you'll rattle off the new games coming out near the beginning but forget some and stick them later in the show. It's a little difficult to pay attention to each segment of the show when there's so much overlap.

I know Cheapy doesn't like to edit too much so musical transitions are out of the question, but I dunno, it seems like you guys miss a lot of stuff for their "categories" and end up going back over them later. It's like the show wasn't planned in advance.

Also, I'd like if you could keep up the Top Analysts and the Cheapy Made Me Buy It (was that the name?) segments. Those were great and I'd like to hear them more frequently.

Since Wombat seems to by far play portable games the most, I think it would be really nice to have a section where Wombat discusses what portable games he has been playing and what he is looking forward to, etc. Portable games (NOT iOS games) are not discussed too often on the show and I feel it would be a great addition.

I won a Vita from Taco Bell on Feb 6th and I received it on the 24th. I mailed in for a lot of codes and 2 of them had already been used. It arrived with Hot Shots Golf. Just waiting for a sale on Lumines now.

There is a whole facebook group with the "winners". Seems that Jan 30 and 31st are the days the system glitched out.

There isnt anything on the show that should be changed.

Great show! When Shipwreck was describing Binary Domain it sounded just like he was talking about Vanquish, which if they're comparable is a good thing, Vanquish was pretty sweet! (And I won it from here too :D)

Here's my (hopefully) constructive criticism:

Stop worrying about listeners bitching about your topic selection or product criticism. I listen to you guys because I want your opinions. If you think the Vita legitimately sucks, then I want to hear it! Don't hold back because some listeners are offended that you don't like something.

Constructive feedback: More talk of action figures fitting in places they shouldn't. Also give me Mortal Kombat....please.

bread's done
Back