CAGcast Live! Wednesday 6/20, 8pm EST

damn missed the first live show.

So if this is the new format, would a downloadable be up on the site, roughly the same time, or would we have to wait another day for it?

thanx in advance..

[quote name='daft07']Dear Cheapy,
I missed your show, i only heard about 8 mins of it. yes i know why i missed because i live pacific coast. Will we all be able to download the recording of the show just like the same as your regulr show. please add your show to download section or itunes section. please. :)
[/quote]

Dude, did you even read what he wrote? Yes, you can. This will be the same exact thing as the normal CagCast, but people could call in and you could listen as it is being recorded. that is is. You can still download it. Please, read the original post by CheapyD before asking anymore questions...

Sorry for my attitude. it is 6:45AM and I am tired

Doesn't the show air tonight at 8Pm Est. I was online yesterday & wasn't yesterday. So I dunno what is going on with this.

[quote name='Bazz']Doesn't the show air tonight at 8Pm Est. I was online yesterday & wasn't yesterday. So I dunno what is going on with this.[/quote]
Yesterday was just a test show, the real show should be on tonight at 8.

Can't wait to see how the finished product sounds. I unfortunately will be redeeming my free McDonald's provided St. Louis Cardinals ticket tonight and won't be able to listen.

I guess it had to end. A fan since a friend turned me on to CAGcast 14. It had to end. Indeed having to wait a full week longer for the CAGcast seemed, to me at least, to be too my tourture to bare already, now I am fully forced to listen to every CAG hag who feels they have1 and a half cents to offer. FOR SHAME. CheapyD, Wombat, in your well intended move to increase your core audiences interactability you've now fully alienated the casual listener like myself. I digg the podcast , and believe me I've tried them all. And there's the rub. 1up and destructoid and all those other "game" cast's are a bunch of blowhards talking over each other for two hours (at least I think it's two hours as I have NEVER made it through an entire show.. I don't have enough aspirin or booze). You sounds like two mates I'd enjoy sharing a pint and a steak with. Your casual conversation style and generally witty banter (vagina clown had me embarrassing myself in the office with more then occasional outbursts) are the remedy for mid week cubicle blues and I am more then afraid that's all gone. Pleasepleaseplease don't muck up the CAGcast. Remember New Coke? If you have a formula that works sometimes its best left alone. This being my first post I apologize for the rant, really I do. I'm just so scared and tired and I miss my CAGcast.

[quote name='PolyObject']I guess it had to end. A fan since a friend turned me on to CAGcast 14. It had to end. Indeed having to wait a full week longer for the CAGcast seemed, to me at least, to be too my tourture to bare already, now I am fully forced to listen to every CAG hag who feels they have1 and a half cents to offer. FOR SHAME. CheapyD, Wombat, in your well intended move to increase your core audiences interactability you've now fully alienated the casual listener like myself. I digg the podcast , and believe me I've tried them all. And there's the rub. 1up and destructoid and all those other "game" cast's are a bunch of blowhards talking over each other for two hours (at least I think it's two hours as I have NEVER made it through an entire show.. I don't have enough aspirin or booze). You sounds like two mates I'd enjoy sharing a pint and a steak with. Your casual conversation style and generally witty banter (vagina clown had me embarrassing myself in the office with more then occasional outbursts) are the remedy for mid week cubicle blues and I am more then afraid that's all gone. Pleasepleaseplease don't muck up the CAGcast. Remember New Coke? If you have a formula that works sometimes its best left alone. This being my first post I apologize for the rant, really I do. I'm just so scared and tired and I miss my CAGcast.[/QUOTE]

For a "casual fan" you sure do seem awful concerned about this. It should be fun and if it doesn't work out they'll try something else.

[quote name='ramatut4001']For a "casual fan" you sure do seem awful concerned about this. It should be fun and if it doesn't work out they'll try something else.[/quote]

Casual in the sense that I am not an active member of the CAG community (as is the same with lots of other people I have introduced to the CAGcast). I come for the show and thats my point of concern.

[quote name='PolyObject']Casual in the sense that I am not an active member of the CAG community (as is the same with lots of other people I have introduced to the CAGcast). I come for the show and thats my point of concern.[/QUOTE]

I understand, it's just that your post is kind of melodramatic so I had to poke some fun at you. ;) Ireally like the CAGcast as well but I am confident in Cheapy's ability to steer the show in the right direction. I'm glad he's willing to try new things and really throw himself up against some large media conglomerates while maintaining a casual atmosphere.

I will enjoy hearing from CAGs and you should as well. I find CAG to be the most mature, informed board when it comes to gaming, and not just for deals. The lame gamefaqs-esque type of posts are even funny because of the response they elicit from CAGs. Anyhow, welcome to the boards!

[quote name='ramatut4001']I understand, it's just that your post is kind of melodramatic so I had to poke some fun at you. ;) Ireally like the CAGcast as well but I am confident in Cheapy's ability to steer the show in the right direction. I'm glad he's willing to try new things and really throw himself up against some large media conglomerates while maintaining a casual atmosphere.

I will enjoy hearing from CAGs and you should as well. I find CAG to be the most mature, informed board when it comes to gaming, and not just for deals. The lame gamefaqs-esque type of posts are even funny because of the response they elicit from CAGs. Anyhow, welcome to the boards![/quote]

Thanks for the welcome and yeah maybe it was a wee bit melodramatic. I am not afraid of change persay and I do have cofidence in Cheapy's ability to steer the show. Really the distillation of my point is I am hope this isnt a sacrifice of content to "liven" up the show, or make it more CAGboy(I use that term in a very endearing way) friendly. That being said I DO hope it works out for Cheapy and Wombat as many of the revisions in the past have been a welcome addition to the show.

There's no need for concern, there might be two, maybe three calls tops. Everyone else is most likely too chicken shit to call in.

And it's not like the CAGcast has a huge listenership like The Hotspot, chances are any calls that are made are going to be somewhat intelligent, as it's going to be from a member of CAG.

Thanks all for the warm soup and consoling comments. Polyobject's fears have been dissuaded.. somewhat. I still need my Wednesday fix! I tell ya it's gonna be katie bar the door if this thing doesn't rock.

[quote name='yukine']There's no need for concern, there might be two, maybe three calls tops. Everyone else is most likely too chicken shit to call in.

And it's not like the CAGcast has a huge listenership like The Hotspot, chances are any calls that are made are going to be somewhat intelligent, as it's going to be from a member of CAG.[/QUOTE]

i doubt that anyone would be scared of prank calling the cagcast, people prank call C-Span all the time.

This is great, since I'm in Australia, I've calculated it should be on around my lunchtime, so I'll be listening in for sure.
Fingers crossed my calculations are correct.. :)
Good luck guys..

cheers!

oh right.. js realised what a dumb-ass question i asked previously..

i might just stay up and listen to it then,

P.S- TO anyone in the U.K/Europe it's on at 1:00 am/Thursday.

[quote name='HOVA uk']oh right.. js realised what a dumb-ass question i asked previously..

i might just stay up and listen to it then,

P.S- TO anyone in the U.K/Europe it's on at 1:00 am/Thursday.[/quote]

thank you very much

so how do i actually listen? iv signed up, do i have to click anything or will it come up as soon as you start airing from the link you posted?

[quote name='CAG 79']8PM EST should be 7PM central time right?[/QUOTE]

Should be, but check your local listings to make sure your city's network affiliate is carrying the show live.

[quote name='SithFran']Shouldn't it be on now?[/QUOTE]

Cheapy's Galaga alarm clock probably didn't wake him up. He's probably dreaming he's playing Galaga in a NYC pizza parlor right now.

:applause: [quote name='Scobie']Cheapy's Galaga alarm clock probably didn't wake him up. He's probably dreaming he's playing Galaga in a NYC pizza parlor right now.[/quote]

All I am getting is a swirly circle with "Grab this player code" at the bottom.

It just stays at "Loading...1". I have tried refreshing the page multiple times.

*It is working in Internet Explorer now, but would not work in Firefox for some reason.

I got killed for mentioning wwe and football on the hype wagon :( Oh well, I can't help if Im a wrestling addict lol. Btw, Wombat I have Marvel Trading Card game also, glad to know im not the only person in the world who bought it

[quote name='evanft']Lagcast.[/QUOTE]

True, up one side and down the other. I couldn't even hear what Cheapy and Wombat were saying when I was on, and the chat is a friggin' trainwreck.

haha the call with wolfgame was classic

4_eva: LOL
Neogaffer: lol
lowlord: pwned!
FreElJeffA: LOL'
Wolfgame: crys
F8X(CAG): owned
Pingoreous: lol
XERD_003SS: XFD
x666x: HAHAHAH
Mulliga: LOL
guyver2077: lmqolmqolmqo
GF_Eric: lol
trojanman8: AHAHAHA!
T3kN: hahaahhah
memis: lol
ronworkman: get a time machine fuckbag
Xeccos: but he is high
Buster: wow
DrDoak: lolpwnt
Pingoreous: lollol
sidochrome: GONE
XERD_003SS: That was win
bobo2k4: lol
kool_4_eva: COME ON
hootie: hahahhah
x666x: hahahahha
genneo: hahahahaa
guyver2077: lmao
trojanman8: Cheapy FTW!
moonknight: lmfao
Mogambi: he got Pwned
T3kN: pwnd!

It was a great show! The chat was one of the funniest things I've ever seen! I just think we need to rename the show.......

Lagcast.jpg

I think that it was a good show other then the lag when calling. You guys should switch over to that other call service so it sounds a little clearer.

Dear CheapyD,
your show ended way to early i thought it would start around 7:00 in california. How long was the show. from new york it 3 hours later. here is my impression of Charlie Brown
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAA
AAHHHHHAAAAAAAAHHHHH
HHH
, good grief. or RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR hardy har harr rerr

wolfgame did get pwnd.
everyone was like "the only videogame he plays is madden"
i would have to agree from the sound of his voice.
everyone was giving him the answers.
Man I wish I was the one who got in!!!
Kid Icarus and man how can you NOT recongnize MARBLE MADNESS
the only one I didnt know was the Alpha Wolf one, or whatever it was called

I lost a large portion of my IQ to my short time in that chat. :whistle2:(

I think this is what the industry calls a failure.

Edit: I hope you guys learned not to do a trivia contest when there's a chat full of people that'll post answers.

Never, ever again Cheapy. I'm sorry, but it was terrible. It was laggy, and the quality of the audio was pretty poor as well. And the chat... well, lets just say I've had more intelligent conversations with people over Xbox LIVE.

Lets go back to the old format.

[quote name='daft07']Dear CheapyD,
your show ended way to early i thought it would start around 7:00 in california. How long was the show. from new york it 3 hours later. here is my impression of Charlie Brown
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAA
AAHHHHHAAAAAAAAHHHHH
HHH
, good grief. or RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR hardy har harr rerr[/quote]

They said EST meaning...if you live in CALI (like I do) then the show started at 5pm

[quote name='F8X']It was a great show! The chat was one of the funniest things I've ever seen! I just think we need to rename the show.......

Lagcast.jpg
[/quote]
you work very fast...

but still a very noble effort on a first try. I'm sure in time a live cast can work.

[quote name='yukine']There's no need for concern, there might be two, maybe three calls tops. Everyone else is most likely too chicken shit to call in.

And it's not like the CAGcast has a huge listenership like The Hotspot, chances are any calls that are made are going to be somewhat intelligent, as it's going to be from a member of CAG.[/quote]

When cheapy announced the contest, he got so many calls his computer shut down...

They need to try that other website, the one that was recommended. The people in chat were talking wayyy to much, and it was just adding to the lag.

[quote name='youruglyclone'][quote name='F8X']It was a great show! The chat was one of the funniest things I've ever seen! I just think we need to rename the show.......

Lagcast.jpg
[/quote] you work very fast...

but still a very noble effort on a first try. I'm sure in time a live cast can work.[/quote] I agree, a live cagcast can work out well in the end, we just need to try different service or something. I'm still convinced that we can work something out. Maybe we can still get that caller vibe with recorded CAGbags?

EDIT: Linkpwns, I think you mean talkshoe.com . I know Leo Laporte uses that service and he gets thousands of listeners.

bread's done
Back