CAGcast Live! Wednesday 6/20, 8pm EST

I bet the No vista = lose thing is cuz he got a free pc version of shadowrun to give away.

Also I suggest not taking skype calls and forcing people to call the number with a real phone to avoid these MIC issues if that's possible.

"Wombat, Woombaat, how sweet the sound..." hahah

Holy crap, what a disaster the last half hour was. I was laughing so hard at Cheapy sweating on air by himself, then he blamed Wombat! At most there was 52 people listening.

A complete and utter disaster, but funny.

[quote name='Wombat']well the version that will be up tomorrow will be lag free, the magic of editing[/QUOTE]
It's going to take a lot more than magic to fix this week's show.

[quote name='radjago']It's going to take a lot more than magic to fix this week's show.[/QUOTE]

magic and twelve hours of editing by cheapy.

:applause:

pretty good show guys. it felt like i was listening to the regular recorded show for most of the show, but it kinda hit a bumpy road, which is actually quite fun to listen to the crazyness. will wombat come back? will cheapy have to finish the show without him? hahaha

a couple more live shows & you should have it down, just make alot of backup topics for when things go to shit so there isnt so much silence.

[quote name='tsg2005']:applause:

just make alot of backup topics for when things go to shit so there isnt so much silence.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you should never have dead air, even for the couple of seconds when cheapy stops talking to fiddle with something to get a caller in, I was never sure whether something had gone wrong or not when Cheapy and Wombat were both quiet.

I have to admit, the cagcast was pretty funny in a very sickening way.There was like 6 calls that disconnected, and the audio was a bit choppy.The editing will fix all that.At least i got to be on the show.yay for me.

Oops I put my comment in the thread for show 77. That live thing was fun, but I really don't envy Cheapy having to edit it. Good luck with that. :D

/tk

[quote name='F8X']No vista? YOU LOSE![/quote]

But that loser is me...time to go cut myself over Vista for more than one reason.

Yeah, there's definitely something darkly attractive about listening to a podcast about to meltdown like the last half hour of this week's show. I feel bad for Cheapy, but on the other hand, it was also strangely cathartic, like watching youtubes of people faceplanting...

Good show, better than the last live Cagcast.
Nice to know Cheapy has a replacement ready in Shipwreck if something happens to Wombat.

Is it worth it to do a live podcast if only 50 people listen live and only one caller gets through?

Funniest part:

"I lost Wombat."
"Shripwreck, you're the new replacement."
"What, you're blaming me?"
"Okay hang up Shripwreck."
"No!!!!"

It was better than last time, a few more live shows and I think they will have it down.

I also think callers should have to use a real phone, it would solve the mic issue people have when calling through Skype.

i did feel bad for cheapy, as i would be embarassed as well.but i think through thick and thin he really kept it together and just moved on.I think for now on people should know what theyre doing when they call.Not only Cheapy should have a replacement for wombat(one of the shipwrecks or thorbon).It was fun though.

[quote name='yukine']It was better than last time, a few more live shows and I think they will have it down.

I also think callers should have to use a real phone, it would solve the mic issue people have when calling through Skype.[/QUOTE]
I used my cellphone, that's why my call was hot shit, and everyone else was cold diarrhea.

Hey any chance of getting an unedited version of the live show along with the edit on iTunes. I may or may not be able to listen live but I understand that with the second live show that those of us who only listened to the download missed some stuff that got edited out of the live broadcast.

As for the naysayers about doing a live broadcast, I say keep it up, I am sure there will be some highs and lows, but every entertainment source has that. I like the alternating weeks idea, I also wouldn't mind 2 separate CAGcasts per week, 1 live and 1 regular but only so much happens in a week and you would probably have a shortage of topics to talk about. I understand though that the time involved already is more than most people acknowledge, especially when you are talking about a guy in Japan and a guy in NY getting it done for us. Maybe if there is time on the non live week we could have a 30 minute feedback live broadcast a day or 2 later instead of it being all in the thread. Callers could discuss the topics that you bring up on the original podcast. Again, this could be looked at once you get the live stuff down and it wouldn't be a big inconvenience to get it going.

Also congratulations on the Shipwrecks spinoff, very entertaining as well, like most spinoffs not as good as the original yet, but it has the potential. Better keep looking over your shoulder or they might catch you.

I totally think you guys should keep an eye on what the chatters are saying while you talk, it'll help with adding a little more spontinaeity to the show without having the technological hassle of call-ins...you'll still be getting instant feedback and info. Just a thought, anyway..

I think the calls over real phones is a great idea, too, and can't wait for the live show.

/tk

I will post an unedited version in the forum thread.
I will keep an eye on the chatroom during the show. I did so last week.

Also, we've got a new contest/game to play with a lucky caller that I think everyone will enjoy. Should be a great show!

[quote name='terpkristin']I totally think you guys should keep an eye on what the chatters are saying while you talk, it'll help with adding a little more spontinaeity to the show without having the technological hassle of call-ins...you'll still be getting instant feedback and info. Just a thought, anyway..

I think the calls over real phones is a great idea, too, and can't wait for the live show.

/tk[/quote]That's good but I think we have to be realistic with the chat. Messages pop up and disappear in seconds and it's pretty much a spam fest ( although it is hysterical to watch). I can't see it becoming a serious tool of communication.

[quote name='CheapyD']I will post an unedited version in the forum thread.
I will keep an eye on the chatroom during the show. I did so last week.

Also, we've got a new contest/game to play with a lucky caller that I think everyone will enjoy. Should be a great show![/quote]

Oh great, Now i get to hear myself when i screwed up calling you and wombat...
I'm just joking.
At least im still there in the edited version.
But i do hope the live cagcast turns out a lot better than the last one.

Goozex DS Lite Giveaway Update:
1. Winner will be randomly selected 6:00 p.m. EST
2. Winner will be announced on the CAGCast tonight and posted on this thread.

Good luck and it's not too late to enter -- Just signup with the coupon code CAG-2007.

I hope I get to tune in tonight... it sounds like I missed some funny stuff from the last one =))

Don't worry too much, Cheapy. They kidd because they love... I think... maybe... right guys?? Any wacky live chaos that ensues is just... endearing. That's it... endearing. ;)

[quote name='F8X']That's good but I think we have to be realistic with the chat. Messages pop up and disappear in seconds and it's pretty much a spam fest ( although it is hysterical to watch). I can't see it becoming a serious tool of communication.[/quote]

I know, but as an "added tool" for keeping some spontaneous stuff, it might work (not as the only tool). At the last one, Cheapy seemed to be following at least somewhat, and he said he's doing it again, it's a thought anyway. Plus, this week we'll see how the real phones do. I'm sure it'll be fun either way. :)

/tk

I listen to a couple live podcasts, the only reason I do is because they have a chatroom for listeners to go to and discuss the show, and the hosts sometimes comment on the chat in the catroom.

i agree with wombat that both hddvd and bluray with fail. look at the success of wii. look at the success youtube. even ipods have had a ton of success without improving the quality of sound.

and i hate that this debate has anything to do with video games. how dare sony use us as pons in their war.

I've been working late, so I have been missing the call-in shows, so imagine my surprise when I was listening to the live CagCast on the front page when I got home!

Normally, I listen to the Cagcast on my 1.5 hr drive into work, but I figured I'd listen in live and spoil a bit of it for myself.

Wow...suddenly I was disappointed. Maybe it is on the callers' end, but there was so much feedback that I hope the iTunes version that you guys edit isn't that bad.

First off: remind people about Feedback - the continuous loop of audio that happens from their speakers to their phone. Remind people CONSTANTLY about this before you take a call. Even in radio (I used to be a DJ), you'll still have people that you need to dirll that into.

I will say it seems you guys are doing better with "feeding" the callers; and by this, I mean giving them a subject to talk about, but you still need to narrow it down a little more. When one gives callers the chance to say anything, usually, they'll say nothing. In two weeks, instead of doing "Now, let's take an xbox question," say something along the lines of, "Since Microsoft is dumping so much money into Rockstar for exclusive DLC, do you think this may be the first sign of an upcoming buy-out? What do you guys think?"

As I said, I was only catching the tail-end of the 'cast, so forgive me if you're already hitting these points. I figured I'd throw my two coppers out, based on what I heard tonight.

Tell that caller who is waiting for those ps3 games to get his 360 fixed for 120 from MS and save some money....

The LAGcast returns. It was good for about the first hour, but then it got unbearable about the same time you started taking a bunch of callers in a row.

What was the point of picking mods if they weren't going to do shit? Seriously, if help1 wasn't trying to get Cheapy to say Pineapple every ten seconds, there was some guy (yoyoyo) calling you two gay the entire time like a moron.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The LAGcast returns. It was good for about the first hour, but then it got unbearable about the same time you started taking a bunch of callers in a row.

What was the point of picking mods if they weren't going to do shit? Seriously, if help1 wasn't trying to get Cheapy to say Pineapple every ten seconds, there was some guy (yoyoyo) calling you two gay the entire time like a moron.[/quote]

They were probably too busy hiding in another window doing something else.

I stopped watching the chatroom after a while....then I stopped listening. Talk about a headache. Sounded like the old cellphone days where you were lucky to get every other word.

Ive suggested this before, and Ill do it again. I believe it is Stickam. Now, Most people start listening later on. I know that I, myself, came in like 20 minutes late. We had at one point like 200 people in chat, and god-only-knows how many were listening total. With that many listeners, it is hard to maintain a stable connection speed.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The LAGcast returns. It was good for about the first hour, but then it got unbearable about the same time you started taking a bunch of callers in a row.

What was the point of picking mods if they weren't going to do shit? Seriously, if help1 wasn't trying to get Cheapy to say Pineapple every ten seconds, there was some guy (yoyoyo) calling you two gay the entire time like a moron.[/QUOTE]

Believe me, I was trying to kick yoyoyo, but my stickam window froze up and when I logged back in I didn't have mod powers.

I tuned in to the end of the Livecast(i think) CheapyD and some guy were having a conversation seemingly about nothing. Then it was over and Cheapy said "Nobody wants to prescreen calls" Where was Wombat? I'll DL when it becomes available.

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin']I tuned in to the end of the Livecast(i think) CheapyD and some guy were having a conversation seemingly about nothing. Then it was over and Cheapy said "Nobody wants to prescreen calls" Where was Wombat? I'll DL when it becomes available.[/quote]
i thought that "guy" was thorbahn3 or shipwreck?

[quote name='shipwreck']Believe me, I was trying to kick yoyoyo, but my stickam window froze up and when I logged back in I didn't have mod powers.[/quote]
That sucks. Wasn't Thorbahn a mod, too, where was he at?

It'd be nice if we could find out his CAG name and fix that little problem. ;)

[quote name='shipwreck']Believe me, I was trying to kick yoyoyo, but my stickam window froze up and when I logged back in I didn't have mod powers.[/quote]

You were awesome at the end.

Other than the lag, I think the show was great.

I think that the Idea of a Call in CAGbag was great(but that may be because my call was answered lol)

I also really liked the Game "Stump the Retailers" It was fun to hear the Employees answers when they were both right and wrong.

Congratulations on Another great show CheapyD and Wombat :D

bread's done
Back