Caghl 2k6 - *Congrats to TJordan522, the 2k6 Champ*

[quote name='repetske']Goalie control is a lot of fun once you get used to it. I just did the shootout against the computer like 10 times in a row and finally got a shutout. It's quite a bit of fun. The easiest way to do it hold R to keep the goalie in front of the puck and then use the right stick to dive or catch the puck. Very interesting. I almost wish it defaulted to goalie control on penalty shots and shoot outs. It would definitely add another element of skill to the game.

FYI, me and radjago should be playing radjago at 7pm eastern today.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to try the holding R thing. I know I only tried it last night since he was up in the shootout and I wasnt confident enough that I'd score on him so I figured why not try it. I stopped him one time out of the two shots I used goalie control on but it felt like my goalie barely moved. I'll let ya know how my practice with it goes when I get the chance to try it out. Oh and yeah it would be kinda cool to have that as a default for shootouts and penalty shots. Maybe we can throw that kinda thing into the rules for the playoffs or something?

i never heard from ajh about our game. i sent him a PM the day i advanced the schedule, but he hasn't responded, even though he has been active on the site elsewhere.

[quote name='thatstoobad']i never heard from ajh about our game. i sent him a PM the day i advanced the schedule, but he hasn't responded, even though he has been active on the site elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Yeah sorry, I was just never on the site the same time as you were, and those times were all bad that you posted in your PM to me. I might be able to play later tonight maybe after 11:00 pm est, or if you get on before 4:00 pm I can play up untill 5:30 this afternoon.

[quote name='ajh2298']Yeah sorry, I was just never on the site the same time as you were, and those times were all bad that you posted in your PM to me. I might be able to play later tonight maybe after 11:00 pm est, or if you get on before 4:00 pm I can play up untill 5:30 this afternoon.[/QUOTE]
i'm leaving work in about ten minutes (4:50), and i should be home around 5:15 if you want to play then. just send me a PM or post here if you do.

if not, i will be home this evening, so after 11 PM works fine for me.

Lets do it at 5:15 if you can I will be in the lobby waiting if you cant make it post back here.

p.s.
I will not have a headset to use, so I wont be talking.

Nice game radjago. Thanks for working to get it in. We both kept having stuff come up. Nice to chat with you. I haven't played someone with a headset in a while now.

i'm not going to be able to update the schedule until around 10 PM tonight, so if any of you want to try to work in any last minute games, here's your chance.

ok, so it's now week 16. the game of the week is the flyers/sharks game, as the surging philadelphia team can hop into fourth place with a win and a st. louis blues loss. this could be very likely as the blues play the first place new jersey devils this week, but gomer and his buddies doug weight and keith tkachuk look to have something to say about that. in addition, the playoff race is shaping up to be very tight, so keep in mind that every game from here on out is important.

here' the update:

LINK TO LEAGUE WEBSITE:
http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=xbox&l=2106

PLAY BY DATE: 03/02/06

schedule: week sixteen

Los Angeles Kings @ Toronto Maple Leafs
Colorado Avalanche @ Atlanta Thrashers
Nashville Predators @ Montreal Canadiens
Boston Bruins @ Pittsburgh Penguins
St. Louis Blues @ New Jersey Devils
Tampa Bay Lightning @ Dallas Stars
Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago Blackhawks
San Jose Sharks @ Philadelphia Flyers
-----------------------------------
New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators
Anaheim Mighty Ducks @ Buffalo Sabres

TEAMS and PLAYERS::
SteveMcQ - anaheim mighty ducks (vacated)
repetske - atlanta thrashers
dafoomie - boston bruins
KeyserSoze81 - buffalo sabres (vacated)
flybrione - chicago blackhawks
Tojo - colorado avalanche
radjago - dallas stars
thatstoobad - detroit red wings
matt young - l.a. kings
meth - montreal canadians
brad 906 - nashville predators
TJordan522 - new jersey devils
fxrival - new york rangers (vacated)
jaket - ottawa senators (vacated)
CheapyD - philidelphia flyers
ajh2298 - pittsburgh penguins
BigDirty - san jose sharks
gomer1andonly - st. louis blues
sighlintbob - tampa bay lightning
cfreeze - toronto maple leafs

[quote name='thatstoobad']ok, so it's now week 16. the game of the week is the flyers/sharks game, as the surging philadelphia team can hop into fourth place with a win and a st. louis blues loss. this could be very likely as the blues play the first place new jersey devils this week, but gomer and his buddies doug weight and keith tkachuk look to have something to say about that. in addition, the playoff race is shaping up to be very tight, so keep in mind that every game from here on out is important.[/QUOTE]

LMAO, I love the preview of the week. I'll do my best, but no doubt I'm a huge underdog.

cfreeze, I had nothing planned (ah, I love being single :)) but, as I explained in the PM I sent you, I ended up having no free time for Xbox Live all weekend, as I was gone for most of it. But as I also said in the PM, I am available for the next 7 hours, til 6 PM Pacific, so let me know if you're available anytime from now until then.

Brad, im back from Florida... so i will be able to make it and play before the deadline. I'm free tomorrow night (tuesday) and wednesday.

thatstoobad, I am away all week at a hotel for a school conference. Would you mind extending the week to Friday or Saturday so I can play gomer? He says he is free those days.
Thanks either way.

[quote name='TJordan522']thatstoobad, I am away all week at a hotel for a school conference. Would you mind extending the week to Friday or Saturday so I can play gomer? He says he is free those days.
Thanks either way.[/QUOTE]
i'm supposed to advance the schedule thursday, but there are still 6 games that need to be played. honestly, i don't really care, but i don't know if it's really fair. i guess if no one objects than it's fine.

[quote name='thatstoobad']i'm supposed to advance the schedule thursday, but there are still 6 games that need to be played. honestly, i don't really care, but i don't know if it's really fair. i guess if no one objects than it's fine.[/QUOTE]

Well I had mentioned to TJordan that since only one game had been played maybe you could let the advancement slide a day or two. I know we'll get our game in for sure in those two days, he's just been gone for most of the week. But leaving it up to everyone is fine too.....if everyone else is even paying attention lol.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Well I had mentioned to TJordan that since only one game had been played maybe you could let the advancement slide a day or two. I know we'll get our game in for sure in those two days, he's just been gone for most of the week. But leaving it up to everyone is fine too.....if everyone else is even paying attention lol.[/quote]

It just sucks for those of us that have an opponent who hasn't repsonded to any pm's or board posts and are looking forward to the schedule being advanced. But at least you guys are communicating on the board and actually trying to play your game. The only thing it makes me worry about is that not advancing the schedule can be a league killer. We've already lost 4, make that 5 players I think.

[quote name='repetske']It just sucks for those of us that have an opponent who hasn't repsonded to any pm's or board posts and are looking forward to the schedule being advanced. But at least you guys are communicating on the board and actually trying to play your game. The only thing it makes me worry about is that not advancing the schedule can be a league killer. We've already lost 4, make that 5 players I think.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hear ya on that. I had sent TJordan a PM last friday but since he was out, he was unable to reply till yesterday. It does suck though like you said on the weeks where you have people that dont reply/play at all. It really makes you lose the fun of the league and the interest. Hopefully this next week more people will get thier games in.

[quote name='repetske']It just sucks for those of us that have an opponent who hasn't repsonded to any pm's or board posts and are looking forward to the schedule being advanced. But at least you guys are communicating on the board and actually trying to play your game. The only thing it makes me worry about is that not advancing the schedule can be a league killer. We've already lost 4, make that 5 players I think.[/QUOTE]
i just played tojo like a week or two ago, so i'm guessing he's just busy.

[quote name='thatstoobad']i just played tojo like a week or two ago, so i'm guessing he's just busy.[/QUOTE]

I've seen he's had problems getting games in over the course of the season (one of which was with me, we made a time and he never showed or gave a reason for missing it).

cfreeze and I played yesterday. I lost my connection, but there was hardly any time left so it would've ended up with the same result. He won5-4, and it registered.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']I've seen he's had problems getting games in over the course of the season (one of which was with me, we made a time and he never showed or gave a reason for missing it).[/quote]

Well, he's been on the site several times and never made a post here or repled to pm's. At least say if you're busy. Maybe I'll try to catch him on AIM and see what happens. Who knows, maybe Keyser Soze got him.

I'm not really sore about it or anything, I know stuff comes up, but I really want to get to 1000 post with 90% of them being hockey related. :)

crazy game radjago...were you pulling your goalie on purpose or was there some kinda glitch. i felt bad for that one empty net goal that i scored.

and thanks for being patient with the time schedule.

[quote name='sighlintbob']crazy game radjago...were you pulling your goalie on purpose or was there some kinda glitch. i felt bad for that one empty net goal that i scored.

and thanks for being patient with the time schedule.[/QUOTE]
I did it on purpose. I figured two extra men on a powerplay might make a difference. I was sadly mistaken.

FYI: PMed Brad 906 so we can get our game in tonight....

Jordan you know if your bro can play tonight?

I am considering dropping out of the league now because I have been getting my arse handed to me on a weekly basis. I have only won twice all year and that was a long time ago. I must have lost at least 8 in a row.

I see that a few of you are having problems getting in your games. I know that the teams are now even but if someone else would like to drop I would like to drop as well to make the teams even again.

I will still play if I am needed but I am not really having any fun playing. I figured I would win once in a while but they way things have gone lately I do not think I will will the rest of the season.

Yesterday thatstoobad could have scored at least 15 goals on me if he wanted but after he scored 5 with plenty of time still left in the 1st period he seemed to take it easy on me. I could barely get the puck past center ice or even have shots on goal.

[quote name='flybrione']I am considering dropping out of the league now because I have been getting my arse handed to me on a weekly basis. I have only won twice all year and that was a long time ago. I must have lost at least 8 in a row.

I see that a few of you are having problems getting in your games. I know that the teams are now even but if someone else would like to drop I would like to drop as well to make the teams even again.

I will still play if I am needed but I am not really having any fun playing. I figured I would win once in a while but they way things have gone lately I do not think I will will the rest of the season.

Yesterday thatstoobad could have scored at least 15 goals on me if he wanted but after he scored 5 with plenty of time still left in the 1st period he seemed to take it easy on me. I could barely get the puck past center ice or even have shots on goal.[/quote]

Sorry you're not having fun. If you want some help, I'd be happy to meet you online and give you some pointers.

[quote name='METH']FYI: PMed Brad 906 so we can get our game in tonight....

Jordan you know if your bro can play tonight?[/QUOTE]

Still no word from Brad906 hmmmm :/

[quote name='METH']FYI: PMed Brad 906 so we can get our game in tonight....

Jordan you know if your bro can play tonight?[/QUOTE]

Still no word from Brad906 hmmmm :/

TJordan, let me know when tonight you can play. I'm gonna be with friends for a bit from 6:30 - probably 10:30ish. I can either play before then (I get outta work at 3) or after they leave, late night. Let me know what works for you and we'll get this game done with. Thanks dude. BTW, this is here cause TJordans mail was full.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']TJordan, let me know when tonight you can play. I'm gonna be with friends for a bit from 6:30 - probably 10:30ish. I can either play before then (I get outta work at 3) or after they leave, late night. Let me know what works for you and we'll get this game done with. Thanks dude. BTW, this is here cause TJordans mail was full.[/QUOTE]

Hey gomer...I just got back. Later on tonight once your friends leave should work for me. How about 11:15 PM EST?
Thanks for letting me get the game in everyone!

And Brad was also on the trip. He isn't home yet, but he will be later this afternoon.

[quote name='TJordan522']Hey gomer...I just got back. Later on tonight once your friends leave should work for me. How about 11:15 PM EST?
Thanks for letting me get the game in everyone!

And Brad was also on the trip. He isn't home yet, but he will be later this afternoon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that works for me, if I'm gonna be late or anything comes up, I'll be sure to let you know. Catch ya then.

Me and dafoomie just played, he came from 3 goals back in the third period to tie it up a 5 and then won the shootout 1-0.

Final Score
Boston-6
Penguins-5
Shootout 1-0 for Boston

p.s.
It looks like it did not register on the league site.

Yeah, that was a fun game. Really slow though, I'll check my connection to make sure there isn't a lag issue on my end. Might be a problem with my cable modem. Its weird, it wasn't that there were patches of lag, but the whole game was just slow. I don't think I've seen that before.

[quote name='thatstoobad']if the game's aren't done by saturday morning i'm advancing the schedule soon after i wake up.[/QUOTE]

Brad906 just PMed me back, he was out of town, so was Jordan.

We will most likely get our game in tonight.

I'm moving soon. I'll be flying out early Wednesday morning, so METH, if our game is going to be played, it must be by Tuesday. Also, thatstoobad and everyone else, I am not exactly sure when I will have internet access again, so I will probably miss at least one game and may have to drop out altogether. This is disappointing because I have always been quick to play my games, but I will see what I can do. I of course have friends with internet access, albeit dialup, so I will access the board as much as I can, and my cousin has broadband, so maybe I can work something out with her where I can play my games if I don't have the net at my place for a while.

[quote name='TJordan522']Gomer,
I've been in the lobby since 11:15...I'll wait till 11:45 before I go to bed, I'm exhausted from my trip.
Jordan[/QUOTE]

Alright, it's midnight and I'm off to bed. Sorry we weren't able to play gomer. Hope everythings OK.

i'm glad at least one game got played due to the extended week, but we're not going to do it again. regardless, here's this week's update:

LINK TO LEAGUE WEBSITE:
http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=xbox&l=2106

PLAY BY DATE: 03/12/06

schedule: week seventeen

Chicago Blackhawks @ Atlanta Thrashers
St. Louis Blues @ Nashville Predators
Colorado Avalanche @ Boston Bruins
San Jose Sharks @ New Jersey Devils
Toronto Maple Leafs @ Pittsburgh Penguins
Detroit Red Wings @ Tampa Bay Lightning
Philadelphia Flyers @ Dallas Stars
Montreal Canadiens @ Los Angeles Kings
-----------------------------------
Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres
Anaheim Mighty Ducks @ New York Rangers

TEAMS and PLAYERS::
SteveMcQ - anaheim mighty ducks (vacated)
repetske - atlanta thrashers
dafoomie - boston bruins
KeyserSoze81 - buffalo sabres (vacated)
flybrione - chicago blackhawks
Tojo - colorado avalanche
radjago - dallas stars
thatstoobad - detroit red wings
matt young - l.a. kings
meth - montreal canadians
brad 906 - nashville predators
TJordan522 - new jersey devils
fxrival - new york rangers (vacated)