Caghl 2k6 - *Congrats to TJordan522, the 2k6 Champ*

[quote name='Matt Young']I'm moving soon. I'll be flying out early Wednesday morning, so METH, if our game is going to be played, it must be by Tuesday. Also, thatstoobad and everyone else, I am not exactly sure when I will have internet access again, so I will probably miss at least one game and may have to drop out altogether. This is disappointing because I have always been quick to play my games, but I will see what I can do. I of course have friends with internet access, albeit dialup, so I will access the board as much as I can, and my cousin has broadband, so maybe I can work something out with her where I can play my games if I don't have the net at my place for a while.[/QUOTE]
yeah, just do what you can. if you can work it out, that would be great, but if you can't, don't worry too much about it, since it's not really your fault. just try to give us an update once things get settled, if you can.

[quote name='METH']sorry about that Brad. :([/QUOTE]

It's alright. Sorry I was away for the week...

[quote name='TJordan522']Damn! Nothing like being 13-3 with 2 of your losses coming from games not being played.

Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I swore I came on here at like 2:30 AM and posted saying to give you the win since I couldnt make it. Thatstoobad, if you can fix it, give TJordan the win for last night since I didnt make it.

Nice story Jordan. I know you wiped the floor with Atlanta when you played them, but you didn't have to wipe them from the standings in your story. ;)

sighlintbob, your PM box is full, so i am posting when i can play here:

sunday (3/5, today): any time until 5 PM
monday: 5:30 PM - 7 PM
tuesday: after 5 PM
wednesday: after 5 PM
thursday: 5 PM - 9 PM
friday: 5 PM to 7 PM
saturday: any time up to 7 PM

please send me a PM when you want to respond, that way i'll get an email letting me know.

also, i gave tjordan the win at the request of gomer.

[quote name='thatstoobad']sighlintbob, your PM box is full, so i am posting when i can play here:

sunday (3/5, today): any time until 5 PM
monday: 5:30 PM - 7 PM
tuesday: after 5 PM
wednesday: after 5 PM
thursday: 5 PM - 9 PM
friday: 5 PM to 7 PM
saturday: any time up to 7 PM

please send me a PM when you want to respond, that way i'll get an email letting me know.

also, i gave tjordan the win at the request of gomer.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, I felt it was only fair.

Meth PM'ed me saying he was free all day yesterday, but I wrote back and got no response, and still haven't, nor did I get a response on AIM. Meth, please write back ASAP because I only have today, Monday, and Tuesday.

[quote name='Matt Young']Meth PM'ed me saying he was free all day yesterday, but I wrote back and got no response, and still haven't, nor did I get a response on AIM. Meth, please write back ASAP because I only have today, Monday, and Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Hey Matt, just PMed you back.

I'm on AIM/Xbox Live all night. PM me whenever, i am also available on monday night.

[quote name='repetske']Nice story Jordan. I know you wiped the floor with Atlanta when you played them, but you didn't have to wipe them from the standings in your story. ;)[/QUOTE]
Whoops. Don't know how I let that slide by me....lol.

[quote name='thatstoobad']

also, i gave tjordan the win at the request of gomer.[/QUOTE]

Thanks gomer. I feel kinda bad since it's my fault we had to wait until the last minute, but I really appreciate it.

Just had a great game with Meth. I know I'm getting redundant here, but as usual, we had a great conversation which ended up being half about wrestling, which seems to be the trend in all my CAGHL games.

Again, a reminder- After Tuesday, I'm not sure when I can get online. I have done this before, because I trust you guys, but my number is 951-966-2067. Thatstoobad or my opponent, call or text me if necessary, and we can set something up possibly. I'll do whatever I can to borrow someone's connection once a week for a game.

Damn! It seems our game did not register, which is a shame since we each got a hat trick. Final score was 5-3 in favor of Los Angeles.

Great game Brad. Tough loss for me but oh well, the goal scoring in that game was insane. I dont even know how I scored the first two goal of the game. I think that was the highest scoring game of the season as far as games I've played. Your team definitely turned on the goal scoring when it counted......scoring like 5 or 6 in the 3rd LOL. Good game though dude and next time I'll try to be on time (I over slept after work).

[quote name='TJordan522']Thanks gomer. I feel kinda bad since it's my fault we had to wait until the last minute, but I really appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

No problem man, I figure the night we were both there I ended up out so I didnt want to take a win away from ya. Just slow down up there in first place for a bit lol.

[quote name='flybrione']I am not going to be able to play this week because my Mom is in the hospital. Please give Silencer the win.[/quote]

Sorry to hear that. Thanks for the heads up, especially considering the circumstances. Hope everything goes well.

just a reminder, these games still need to be played (as there's only a few days left to get your games in):

Colorado Avalanche @ Boston Bruins
San Jose Sharks @ New Jersey Devils

here's the results from this week so far:

Philadelphia Flyers 2, Dallas Stars 1
Nashville Predators 8, St. Louis Blues 6
Ottawa Senators 0, Buffalo Sabres 0
Anaheim Mighty Ducks 0, New York Rangers 0
Los Angeles Kings 5, Montreal Canadiens 3
Detroit Red Wings 9, Tampa Bay Lightning 1
Pittsburgh Penguins 5, Toronto Maple Leafs 3
Chicago Blackhawks 0, Atlanta Thrashers 0

I just saw the Devils/Sharks score and I can confidently say that Jordan is going to hell. ;) We could probably advance the schedule since I know my game isn't getting played and the other one most likely isn't.

[quote name='repetske']Bump. And what happened to Shadowcat this week? Old man Yzerman put up a crazy goal total.[/QUOTE]
yzerman's still got a few moves left in his old age.

so....any news on the that last game?

the schedule's been updated. there's some pretty good games coming up this week, with atlanta playing st. louis, pittburgh and new jersey, philadelphia at nashville, and tampa bay going up against montreal. all these games have the potential to really impact the playoff picture. another thing to consider is that dafoomie and his boston bruins will probably get a simulated win this week, as it seems unlikely that matt young will be able to get his game in. this isn't a given, however, as he has said he will try to work something out, but giving the bruins an automatic win will give them a strong 10-8 record, so each of these games, especially the tampa bay/montreal game, are important.

LINK TO LEAGUE WEBSITE:
http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=xbox&l=2106

PLAY BY DATE: 03/20/06

schedule: week eighteen

Chicago Blackhawks @ Toronto Maple Leafs
Pittsburgh Penguins @ New Jersey Devils
Detroit Red Wings @ Colorado Avalanche
San Jose Sharks @ Dallas Stars
Atlanta Thrashers @ St. Louis Blues
Tampa Bay Lightning @ Montreal Canadiens
Los Angeles Kings @ Boston Bruins
Philadelphia Flyers @ Nashville Predators
Anaheim Mighty Ducks @ Buffalo Sabres
Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers

TEAMS and PLAYERS::
SteveMcQ - anaheim mighty ducks (vacated)
repetske - atlanta thrashers
dafoomie - boston bruins
KeyserSoze81 - buffalo sabres (vacated)
flybrione - chicago blackhawks
Tojo - colorado avalanche
radjago - dallas stars
thatstoobad - detroit red wings
matt young - l.a. kings
meth - montreal canadians
brad 906 - nashville predators
TJordan522 - new jersey devils
fxrival - new york rangers (vacated)
jaket - ottawa senators (vacated)
CheapyD - philidelphia flyers
ajh2298 - pittsburgh penguins
BigDirty - san jose sharks
gomer1andonly - st. louis blues
sighlintbob - tampa bay lightning
cfreeze - toronto maple leafs

Just finished my game with Cheapy...I won 6-0. It was a lot closer than it sounds, especially if it weren't for Cheapy's team knocking in two on themselves. And on another, Esche fed it to my guy, who buried it into the open net.

Good game Cheapy!

Big Dirty and I just played the most intense match of the season, as witnessed by both parties. Things started quickly for San Jose with two goals in the first few minutes, followed by another two goals answered by Dallas in the first. The score remained tight for the rest of the game with goals seemingly slipping by goalies left and right. With 1:16 left to go in the 3rd, San Jose put one in the net and tied it up 8-8. OT was quick, but painful with penalties for Dallas and a single goal for San Jose, giving Patrick Marleau a hat trick.

San Jose 9
Dallas 8

But alas, the game, she does not register!

Great game, Big Dirty. Tonight, even the Stars salute you.

[quote name='TJordan522']I PMed ajh a while ago and haven't heard back yet.[/QUOTE]
Yeah sorry for the non-reply I am really busy this week my sons in a local hockey tournament and I am running from rink to rink every night. I should be free till about 5:30 pm est today if you happen to see this.

[quote name='ajh2298']Yeah sorry for the non-reply I am really busy this week my sons in a local hockey tournament and I am running from rink to rink every night. I should be free till about 5:30 pm est today if you happen to see this.[/QUOTE]

I work until 6 everyday, so I didn't see this until it was too late. Just send me a PM with the times you can play.

Thanks,
Jordan

OK, I think that the league is having problems tonight. Repetske and I have been trying to get our game in with it just dropping at the very first load screen (after the team selections). Repetske, would you like to try same time tomorrow night and see if the league is actually working?

[quote name='gomer1andonly']OK, I think that the league is having problems tonight. Repetske and I have been trying to get our game in with it just dropping at the very first load screen (after the team selections). Repetske, would you like to try same time tomorrow night and see if the league is actually working?[/QUOTE]

Well, we finally got the game in and I got destroyed 5-0. Maybe its my time to retire or something cause nothing is working for me in this game anymore. My team felt so slow on offense and defense and basically let his guys skate in and out without much of a problem. Good game though still Repetske and sorry I cant find my headset or else I woulda been on that.

No one contacted me, but I just want to let everyone know that I still have no internet access, although I should soon. Hopefully I won't end up having to drop from the league altogether. I miss you crazy kids. :)

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Well, we finally got the game in and I got destroyed 5-0. Maybe its my time to retire or something cause nothing is working for me in this game anymore. My team felt so slow on offense and defense and basically let his guys skate in and out without much of a problem. Good game though still Repetske and sorry I cant find my headset or else I woulda been on that.[/quote]

Yeah. Good game gomer. It was closer than the score would indicate. I heard iron a couple of times. The network was being really funky. I dropped you from my friends list and I wasn't sure if you did the same, but a while back I had to do that with Shadowcat to get our "security" levels of live reset according to a service rep. Either way, don't get discouraged about one game. I've had a few where it just feels like the other team is skating circles around you. I think it's mental, but I definitely don't like it either. Look me up if you want to play on live and I'll be happy to share some tips with you.

[quote name='repetske']Yeah. Good game gomer. It was closer than the score would indicate. I heard iron a couple of times. The network was being really funky. I dropped you from my friends list and I wasn't sure if you did the same, but a while back I had to do that with Shadowcat to get our "security" levels of live reset according to a service rep. Either way, don't get discouraged about one game. I've had a few where it just feels like the other team is skating circles around you. I think it's mental, but I definitely don't like it either. Look me up if you want to play on live and I'll be happy to share some tips with you.[/QUOTE]

I actually figured that the network was being so screwed up that it actually dropped you from my friends list rather than you doing it to fix it. The joys of this years NHL2k online. As for how my team played, it really felt like my team was tired or something after last weeks goal fest of a game against Brad. We'll definitely play again sometime though. I'm usualy the most free on Mondays and Wednesdays since those are the nights my g/f and my friends are working and I can loaf around. Catch ya later dude.

[quote name='TJordan522']I just played ajh and was able to pull off a 5-4 win, although it didn't register.

Good game ajh![/QUOTE]

Yep good game, it sucks it didnt register.

i just played my game with tojo, and it was pretty good, even though i ended up winning by kind of a lot. it wasn't really his fault, as his goalie just kind of took a shit there on the ice. the shots were pretty even (i think it was 40-37 or something like that) and he had a bunch of scoring chances, but man, he got no help.

TTB and I got our game in finally. It was a terrible terrible game for me, it felt like I was skating in molasses. Passes were either getting intercepted left and right or just weren't connecting at all. Aebischer played poorly, my whole team played poorly. I lost an astounding 10-1 and Yzerman managed 4 goals on me. To add insult to injury, Zetterberg got the final goal with 1.1 seconds left. The only 2 positives for me are I'm still pretty good at winning face-offs and I did manage to get 1 goal so I didn't get shut out.

[quote name='thatstoobad']today's the last day to get your game in, so do it to it.

it seems doubtful that i will be getting my game done this week.[/QUOTE]

sighlintbob and i will be playing our game tonight (7pm EST).

Well I am proud to say that I won another game. Its been a long while but It really felt good to actually play a competive game and come out on top. Of course the game did not register but the final score was 4-3 Blackhawks. Great game Cfreeze!

bread's done
Back