New Jersey Devils @ Montreal Canadiens
Buffalo Sabres @ Tampa Bay Lightning
San Jose Sharks @ Nashville Predators
Chicago Blackhawks @ Pittsburgh Penguins
Colorado Avalanche @ St. Louis Blues
Anaheim Mighty Ducks @ Philadelphia Flyers
Ottawa Senators @ Dallas Stars
Atlanta Thrashers @ Toronto Maple Leafs

i'll update the site and stuff when i have more time.

if ajh doesn't get his game in this week, i'm going to drop him. then we'll just have pittsburgh against anaheim every week, making it an 18 team league. there's a few other people also on the bubble, most notably jaket.

[quote name='Brad906']I still never heard back from ajh...hopefully he's not abandoning the league again like he did last time. I would've really liked to get the game in, but there wasn't much I could do.[/QUOTE]
Should've waited for the roster update. No Crosby means no games. :lol:

[quote name='repetske']I pm'd Keyser with my phone number, so hopefully he'll have some time to play today. I've been out of town with the holidays though and we did try to play on one of the first days of the scheduled week, but the network wouldn't let us play.[/QUOTE]

Yah, I was busy that day. If possible, thatstoobad, just give him the game instead of me. I dunno if its too late, but I havent had much luck getting a game going with my opponents recently. I just dont think I should be 5-0 having only played 3 games...

Maybe we can still play a game, repetske... Ill be online tomorrow night (Tuesday) at 10 PM.

Also, Im PMing the Lighting player right now. Lets hope that I can finally get a game going!

[quote name='Brad906']I still never heard back from ajh...hopefully he's not abandoning the league again like he did last time. I would've really liked to get the game in, but there wasn't much I could do.[/QUOTE]

What's up with ajh? I thought he seemed really dedicated, but he never responded to my messages about the game I was supposed to play against him.

Anyway, fxrival, I am back from Illinois, so we should play soon.

Hey thatstoobad, I played cfreeze last night and it was Atlanta 7 Toronto 4. He was up 4-3 at one point and I actually added to garbage goals right at the end when he having to play a little more agressive to try and tie it.

keyser, we should definitely meet up for an exhibition. If only the network had been functioning at the beginning of last week. If I'm home, I'll definitely try to catch you online.

[quote name='Matt Young']What's up with ajh? I thought he seemed really dedicated, but he never responded to my messages about the game I was supposed to play against him.

Anyway, fxrival, I am back from Illinois, so we should play soon.[/QUOTE]
I suggest ajh send me his disc so I can jump back in. Anyone else agree? Still stuck in this thread even though I haven't been able to play one full game in months. So send that sucker on over ajh.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I suggest ajh send me his disc so I can jump back in. Anyone else agree? Still stuck in this thread even though I haven't been able to play one full game in months. So send that sucker on over ajh.[/QUOTE]
that's genius.

The Bruins get Marco Sturm, Wayne Primeau and Brad Stuart in return for Thornton, who in August signed a three-year, $20 million contract.

The Bruins were off to a rough start and shaking up the team is probably not a bad idea. That being said, whoever thought the best way of shaking up the team would be to rip out it's heart and trade it to San Jose should be locked in a room with Todd Bertuzzi for a couple of hours.

Scott Thornton is Joe's brother, right? That's cool that he gets to play with him now.

EDIT: I just looked it up...they are cousins. Still kinda cool though.

What other brothers are there in the NHL?

I can come up with:

Keith and Wayne Primeau
Henrik and Daniel Sedin
Martin and Mathieu Biron
Sergei and Fedor Fedorov
Scott and Rob Niedermayer
Marian and Marcel Hossa
Saku and Miko Koivu

I'm sure I'm missing some...

[quote name='KeyserSoze81']
Also, Im PMing the Lighting player right now. Lets hope that I can finally get a game going![/QUOTE]

hey keyser...i pm'd you a couple of days ago about playing. let me know. i'm good most nights after 10 pm EST.

Still waiting to hear from tojo on a set time to play. He PM'd me first about playing yesterday or later in the week and I said I yesterday could but needed a time and never got a responce. I just need him to give me a set time and day to show up and I'll be there.

Great game BigDirty....sorry I ran up the score a bit. Although it was nothing compared to the punishing rompings repetske deals out on a weekly basis.

Wow...I had over 70 shots again! And Sullivan had 24 all by himself lol.

[quote name='TJordan522']METH and I are set to play at 8.[/QUOTE]

Good game TJordan... man your offense just exploded in the 3rd!
I can't believe how many penalties we had in the 2nd...

Tough luck for me so far this season, great game anyways!

[quote name='METH']Good game TJordan... man your offense just exploded in the 3rd!
I can't believe how many penalties we had in the 2nd...

Tough luck for me so far this season, great game anyways![/QUOTE]

Yeah....that game was pretty crazy. TONS of penalties. And penalty shots.
Nice game METH!

fxrival and I were supposed to play tonight, but never set a time. I got home late, and now it's11:49 Eastern, so he's probably in bed. :( Not his fault, though.

[quote name='CheapyD']So, I play aneheim this week...still no replacement?[/QUOTE]
no not yet. i have something planned for the problem, but i thought i should give it one more week to see what happens. sorry.

[quote name='CheapyD']So, I play aneheim this week...still no replacement?[/QUOTE]
ajh...send me that disc ASAP. I need to beat down on the Flyers.

OK well Tojo never showed tonight. I've been on since about 7:20 so 50 minutes later with nothing. Hopefully we can get something in before the end of the week.

Still no word from keysersoze. He sent me a PM at the beginning of the week which I responded to and I haven't heard anything since. Oh well...maybe he'll respond before the deadline.

Waited for a 30 minutes for flybrione to show up tonight for our game, he must of forgot or something must have came up, because he was a no show.

I just picked this game up yesterday, I really like it but I don't know a damn thing about hockey. I know nothing about the positions, line changes, scoring plays, and defensive plays if those even exist.

I know how to fight at least :)

I did get a hat trick earlier today which is good for me. If you get a hat trick at Detroit, do they throw the octopus out on the ice in the game?

[quote name='RawisJericho']I just picked this game up yesterday, I really like it but I don't know a damn thing about hockey. I know nothing about the positions, line changes, scoring plays, and defensive plays if those even exist.

I know how to fight at least :)

I did get a hat trick earlier today which is good for me. If you get a hat trick at Detroit, do they throw the octopus out on the ice in the game?[/QUOTE]

You need to get Live and take SteveMcQ's place.

And where, oh where is fxrival?

I'm here Matt, just waiting on that PM from you that says GAME ON, Bitch! Or just Game On. There's really no need to call me a bitch.

[quote name='Matt Young']You need to get Live and take SteveMcQ's place.

And where, oh where is fxrival?[/QUOTE]

I would, but it is impossible for me to get broadband at the moment. No DSL in my area, and I'm about a mile or two away from getting cable. I would ask my friend if I could use his Xbox Live, but I don't really want to hassle him about it.

[quote name='fxrival']I'm here Matt, just waiting on that PM from you that says GAME ON, Bitch! Or just Game On. There's really no need to call me a bitch.[/QUOTE]

What's the last PM you got? As I said, I got home late Thursday, when I said I was sure I could play(sorry!), butI PM'ed you Friday afternoon (well, early evening for you) as well as sometime yesterday... not sure exactly what time. I never saw you online so I wasn't sure if you had read them or what.

[quote name='Matt Young']What's the last PM you got? As I said, I got home late Thursday, when I said I was sure I could play(sorry!), butI PM'ed you Friday afternoon (well, early evening for you) as well as sometime yesterday... not sure exactly what time. I never saw you online so I wasn't sure if you had read them or what.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, last PM I got from you was on Weds about maybe getting together on Thursday. Must be some glitchy PM shite goin' on. Are you free at all tonight?

I can play now... My fiancee will be over around 4, and I need a half hour or so to get ready, but we can play now since I see you're online or maybe even later while she's hear, but I won't be able to use the headset then.

Since I don't know whenI'll be able to use the computer (I'm sharing it and have to get off now) and just for future reference for opponents, call me at 951-966-2067 when you want to play.

I'm not sure who I'm supposed to play, but I can play whenever, just not when the Bruins are on (like 10pm tonight). Just AIM me.

Oh, and not before 7pm on most days, except Monday.

[quote name='Matt Young']I can play now... My fiancee will be over around 4, and I need a half hour or so to get ready, but we can play now since I see you're online or maybe even later while she's hear, but I won't be able to use the headset then.[/QUOTE]
That sounds very...feminine.;) She's rubbing off on you and not in a good way. :D

[quote name='dafoomie']I'm not sure who I'm supposed to play, but I can play whenever, just not when the Bruins are on (like 10pm tonight). Just AIM me.

Oh, and not before 7pm on most days, except Monday.[/QUOTE]
i sent you a PM last week with the times i was able to play. you never responded, and now the only day i can play is tuesday after 5:15 PM, which is technically after the play by date, but i don't care.

if you would like to play on tuesday at 7:30 (since you said you can't play any earlier than 7 most days), that would be good, just please let me know.

I'm not sure when tojo is supposed to play me or anything cause I havent heard anything from him since he missed our Friday time. I'm not totally sure if I can play tonight or tomorrow since nothing has been planned and things at home will come first.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']That sounds very...feminine.;) She's rubbing off on you and not in a good way. :D[/QUOTE]

Trimming a quickly growing beard after a week of not doing so is a lengthy ordeal.

Anyway, fxrival texted me yesterday after I posted that message. For some reason, although my computer obviously gets online just fine, I couldn't sign on to Xbox Live. I don't know what's up with my router. I hadn't tried to sign on since my game with Gomer.

I called fxrival and let him know what was up, but I just wanted to state that I had told him I'd be available on Thursday and didn't deliver, and yesterday I wasn't able to get on Live. I called him and let him know of my problems. I'm hoping to get the game in tonight, but that's only if I can log on to Live.

If we end up not being able to play, he deserves the win.

[quote name='ajh2298']Waited for a 30 minutes for flybrione to show up tonight for our game, he must of forgot or something must have came up, because he was a no show.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but a friend of mine came up with some Bulls tickets and I went to the game on Saturday night against the Pistons. I should of stayed home because they got a beat down.

Can you play tonight around 7:30pm cst?

By any chance, do any of you still have the receipt with which you bought the game and from a store which still allows you to make an exchange? Thought I might send one of you the disc along with S&H back to me if you'd be kind enough to exchange it for me.

A bitter attempt to get my hockey in. NHL 06, as much as I like it, isn't cutting it.

I'll look for my receipt, but I really doubt I'll find it since I moved a few days after getting the game, and since my family was sooo nice as to surprise me by having movers come and pack/move our stuff days before they were supposed to, I came home to see all my stuff haphazardly thrown into bags and boxes, so I'm not sure where all my receipts are.

I see ajh online on this game now. I wonder why he hasn't eben playing his league games?

Anyway, obviously my connection works now, so I'm going to call fxrival in a short while and see if he can play me before Raw starts.

[quote name='thatstoobad']i sent you a PM last week with the times i was able to play. you never responded, and now the only day i can play is tuesday after 5:15 PM, which is technically after the play by date, but i don't care.

if you would like to play on tuesday at 7:30 (since you said you can't play any earlier than 7 most days), that would be good, just please let me know.[/QUOTE]
That should be fine.

Thanks, fxrival, for being able to play on such short (immediate) notice.

God dammit, though... I was up 3-0, then he scored 3 goals in the 3rd- one shor handed, and one with 45 seconds left, and then beat me in the shootout 1-0. i thought I was going to get my first real win. :(

Good game, though.

Damn good game. I'm glad we were able to get it in. Your goalie was on fire! After the first two periods I thought I was headed for a shut out.

Hey thatstoobad. Can you update the scores to show Atlanta 7-4 over Toronto? I posted it last week, but just wanted to be sure you saw it.

ok, for those who haven't gotten their games in yet, see if you can get it in tomorrow, as that's going to be the last day.

ajh has shown that he's still interested in the league (and it was verified by flybrione), so i'm not going to do anything just yet. hopefully we'll be able to get a good chunk of the games played sometime soon (and maybe get stevemcq a replacement disc). i'm not really going to do anything about the schedule or teams yet, because i don't know if there is good enough reason to. BUT, it would be nice to see jaket get in another game (he did play his game against me earlier this season).
[quote name='dafoomie']That should be fine.[/QUOTE]
great. i'll see you online at 7:30 then.

[quote name='repetske']Hey thatstoobad. Can you update the scores to show Atlanta 7-4 over Toronto? I posted it last week, but just wanted to be sure you saw it.[/QUOTE]
if i must.

I wont be able to play my game tonight since I have plans with my girl. I havent heard from Tojo anyways since he planned to meet with me Friday night for our game.

ajh and I got our game in yesterday but I think it did not registor. I won 3-2 in a shootout for my first win of the year.

I am kind of disappointed that it did not registor, is this going to be a common occurance?

bread's done
Back