CAGHL 2k6: weeks 1-12 - do NOT post in this thread

[quote name='flybrione']I am kind of disappointed that it did not registor, is this going to be a common occurance?[/QUOTE]
it sure is. it's very disappointing that the 2k6 people haven't fixed it.

schedule is advanced, it's now week 7. here's the schedule:

schedule: week seven
Anaheim Mighty Ducks @ St. Louis Blues
Pittsburgh Penguins @ Montreal Canadiens
Atlanta Thrashers @ Philadelphia Flyers
New Jersey Devils @ Nashville Predators
Chicago Blackhawks @ Boston Bruins
Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers
Los Angeles Kings @ Buffalo Sabres
Toronto Maple Leafs @ San Jose Sharks
Colorado Avalanche @ Tampa Bay Lightning
Detroit Red Wings @ Dallas Stars

PLAY BY DATE is 12/15

TEAMS and PLAYERS::
SteveMcQ - anaheim mighty ducks
repetske - atlanta thrashers
dafoomie - boston bruins
KeyserSoze81 - buffalo sabres
flybrione - chicago blackhawks
Tojo - colorado avalanche
radjago - dallas stars
thatstoobad - detroit red wings
matt young - l.a. kings
meth - montreal canadians
brad 906 - nashville predators
TJordan522 - new jersey devils
fxrival - new york rangers
jaket - ottawa senators
CheapyD - philidelphia flyers
ajh2298 - pittsburgh penguins
BigDirty - san jose sharks
gomer1andonly - st. louis blues
sighlintbob - tampa bay lightning
cfreeze - toronto maple leafs

Yo ajh,

Tell me if you can play this week's game tonight - i will be home and ready to hit the ice.

thx

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Poo, I'm against Anaheim this week. I take it this will be another week without playing a game.[/QUOTE]
We can try the game, but more than likely, my copy will freeze up.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']We can try the game, but more than likely, my copy will freeze up.[/QUOTE]
yeah, you guys should just try it. i mean, it can't hurt anything, and who knows, maybe the game will actually work.

Regarding the games not registering, I have found that exiting the game relatively quickly after it ends and not watching the post game videos tends to help the game register. Whenever I wait to see the three stars or post game highlights, it doesn't register. I know this goes against the general consensus on other message boards, but I have not had a problem yet. The only time my game doesn't register is if I wait too long to exit.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']We can try the game, but more than likely, my copy will freeze up.[/QUOTE]

I'm up for trying it, whens good for you to try? I can do it any time after 4 PM Eastern as long as the time's set before hand. Lets hope the game will actually work.

Nice game Cheapy. My very first shootout. How very exciting. Also, I agree with Jordan about the exiting quickly thing. I had never had a game not register until I started trying to exit out slowly. The best way for me has been to exit as soon as it starts showing the stars of the game.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']I'm up for trying it, whens good for you to try? I can do it any time after 4 PM Eastern as long as the time's set before hand. Lets hope the game will actually work.[/QUOTE]
I tried a game yesterday...froze up in the second period. I'm gonna see today if turning off the commentary helps any (it seems to bottle up with the commentary and after that it freezes). If that gets me through a game, I'll PM you about a game time.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I tried a game yesterday...froze up in the second period. I'm gonna see today if turning off the commentary helps any (it seems to bottle up with the commentary and after that it freezes). If that gets me through a game, I'll PM you about a game time.[/QUOTE]

Can't you swap this thing at Wal-Mart or something? What about EB?

[quote name='TJordan522']Regarding the games not registering, I have found that exiting the game relatively quickly after it ends and not watching the post game videos tends to help the game register. Whenever I wait to see the three stars or post game highlights, it doesn't register. I know this goes against the general consensus on other message boards, but I have not had a problem yet. The only time my game doesn't register is if I wait too long to exit.[/QUOTE]
i just finished my game with radjago, and i tried to do it the way you suggested, so i let it go to right before they announced the three stars and then exited. unfortunately, no registero el gamo. i'm pretty sure it's nothing more than a crap shoot. i'm also pretty sure that the 2k6 guys are assholes.

i managed to pull off a win in the game (which was a pretty good one, the main difference being my chances went in and he didn't get as lucky), but RADJAGO, if you'd like to play again later this week and see if we can get a game to register, i'd be fine with that, just let me know if you do.

Tojo...I've been waiting for 20 minutes in the lobby. I guess we can try to get the game in on Monday or Tuesday since I'll be unavailable this weekend.

[quote name='thatstoobad']i just finished my game with radjago, and i tried to do it the way you suggested, so i let it go to right before they announced the three stars and then exited. unfortunately, no registero el gamo. i'm pretty sure it's nothing more than a crap shoot. i'm also pretty sure that the 2k6 guys are assholes.

i managed to pull off a win in the game (which was a pretty good one, the main difference being my chances went in and he didn't get as lucky), but RADJAGO, if you'd like to play again later this week and see if we can get a game to register, i'd be fine with that, just let me know if you do.[/QUOTE]
It was a good game. If you want to play again, I might be able to play on Sunday night. If not we can work out a time during the week.

Well, Brad and I had a snow day today, so we were able to play our game.
Just a little background in case you forgot, we can't both get on live at the same time in NHL, so we had to play an offline exhibition.
I prevailed by a score of 5-3. I know you can edit the score when you sim games, but are you able to actually put who scored? If so, I will list the scorers.

Let me know...

[quote name='TJordan522']Well, Brad and I had a snow day today, so we were able to play our game.
Just a little background in case you forgot, we can't both get on live at the same time in NHL, so we had to play an offline exhibition.
I prevailed by a score of 5-3. I know you can edit the score when you sim games, but are you able to actually put who scored? If so, I will list the scorers.

Let me know...[/QUOTE]

Cough...Dork!....

I don't know if it's because I've talked to 2 of the guys on the phone about our games, but I had a dream in which I talked to Keyser Soze about playing our game. I mean, what the fuck? I also ate Brach's Rocks with a polar bear who was wearing a diaper.

[quote name='Matt Young']I don't know if it's because I've talked to 2 of the guys on the phone about our games, but I had a dream in which I talked to Keyser Soze about playing our game. I mean, what the fuck? I also ate Brach's Rocks with a polar bear who was wearing a diaper.[/QUOTE]
I was playing R&C Going Commando and blew up a bunch of polar bear looking enemies over and over in one level. Maybe my gaming manifests itself in your dreams creating some sort of weird temporal, mind-bending fourth dimension in which my reality and your perceived reality intertwine--coupled with every other CAGs' ideal reality--to form this utopian reality of gaming heaven that will someday manifest into true reality in which we are all ruled by the Great Bald One.

Stop sniffing the Sharpies Matt....

radjoago and i replayed out game earlier tonight, where i was able to manage an 8-5 win. datsyuk had 5 goals and an assist, which was kind of cool. it actually registered, which is a total bonus.

maybe everyone just has to play their games twice to get them to register. sounds easy enough.

[quote name='Matt Young']KeyserSoze hasn't been on CAGsince December 1st, and I'm starting to worry about the status of our game... :whistle2:\[/QUOTE]

I'm starting to wonder about my game this week too. I sent Jaket a PM a few days ago but haven't heard back yet.

If you're reading this Jaket, I'm free most nights this week after 8PM EST. Some nights I get off a bit before that. Send me a msg on AIM at FXrival, if I'm not on there check on Xbox live. I'll normally be logged into one or the other.

[quote name='fxrival']I'm starting to wonder about my game this week too. I sent Jaket a PM a few days ago but haven't heard back yet.

If you're reading this Jaket, I'm free most nights this week after 8PM EST. Some nights I get off a bit before that. Send me a msg on AIM at FXrival, if I'm not on there check on Xbox live. I'll normally be logged into one or the other.[/QUOTE]

FYI: I was suppose to play against Jaket 2 weeks ago and he never got back to me. PMed him twice but no answer.

I'm also starting to wonder about my game this week. I sent Ajh a PM last thursday and posted on the board but he never replied. Where's everyone F**K!??

IMO... the caghl should be more strict. You "no show" to more than 3 games and you're out. That's my two cents.

AJH never got back to me about our game, but Jaket did and was really fun to play. I don't know... I've had good experiences with Jaket and AJH (never played Keyser) and I myself was unable to get online for various reasons during this league, so I don't want to cast judgment just yet. I justhope these guys can play or at least give us their side of the story.

[quote name='METH']FYI: I was suppose to play against Jaket 2 weeks ago and he never got back to me. PMed him twice but no answer.

I'm also starting to wonder about my game this week. I sent Ajh a PM last thursday and posted on the board but he never replied. Where's everyone F**K!??

IMO... the caghl should be more strict. You "no show" to more than 3 games and you're out. That's my two cents.[/QUOTE]

Just for the record, AJH PMed me today, unfortunately i'm unable to play tonight and not on tuesday since i'm going to the Montreal Canadiens game. We will most likely play our game on wednesday.

Is it me, or is the 2k Live server really having problems registering games. I actually won tonight (San Jose 5 - 4 Toronto) and I noticed the game doesn't exist... grrr!

hey, i just wanted to let everyone know that ajh contacted me via PM and he is going to miss this week's game due to some personal issues, but he is still into playing in the league and hopes to be back to be able to play next week's game.

also, fxrival, please let me know if you have made ANY contact with jaket about your game, if you haven't, chances are i will adjust the schedule accordingly (meaning ottawa will play anaheim every week, thus making it an 18 team league, unless stevemcq thinks he'll be able to get a replacement disc any time soon).

[quote name='thatstoobad']...unless stevemcq thinks he'll be able to get a replacement disc any time soon[/QUOTE]
Doubtful as I've dropped almost 4k on some goodies the past few days. Though $20 in the grand scheme of things isn't much, the lack of support with a faulty disc (MLB was also the same for me), and the issues with games not registering just don't sit well with me. Just really shoddy from my point of view. I shall make a comeback though in next year's 360 league and promptly get my ass handed to me.

[quote name='BigDirty']Is it me, or is the 2k Live server really having problems registering games. I actually won tonight (San Jose 5 - 4 Toronto) and I noticed the game doesn't exist... grrr![/QUOTE]
It's a known issue with the leagues, but there doesn't seem to be a fix or a workaround for it yet. Hopefully there will be before the end of the season.

Also, bump for an approaching deadline to get your games in.

also, fxrival, please let me know if you have made ANY contact with jaket about your game, if you haven't, chances are i will adjust the schedule accordingly (meaning ottawa will play anaheim every week, thus making it an 18 team league, unless stevemcq thinks he'll be able to get a replacement disc any time soon).

Nope, I haven't heard anything back from him.

It doesn't look like Tojo and I are going to get our game in. I haven't heard from him lately and the last couple of times we were going to play he couldn't make it.

I waited in the lobby last night for 40 mintues for dafoomie and he did not show up. I scheduled to meet at 7:30pm cst Wednesday on Tuesday by PM.

I waited from 7:20 to 8PM. I'm trying to get a hold of him to get the game in this evening but from our earler messages he said he would be unavailable today.

[quote name='thatstoobad']hey, i just wanted to let everyone know that ajh contacted me via PM and he is going to miss this week's game due to some personal issues, but he is still into playing in the league and hopes to be back to be able to play next week's game.

also, fxrival, please let me know if you have made ANY contact with jaket about your game, if you haven't, chances are i will adjust the schedule accordingly (meaning ottawa will play anaheim every week, thus making it an 18 team league, unless stevemcq thinks he'll be able to get a replacement disc any time soon).[/QUOTE]

Well I play Ottawa next week of the schedule so definitely let us know if you're fixing the league by putting Anaheim and Ottawa together every week. Either that or if things arent fixed it'll be my third week without having played a game. I hate having week after week go by without playing cause it makes me care less about the league.

we are now in week 8, here's the schedule:

Ottawa Senators @ Anaheim Mighty Ducks
New Jersey Devils @ Detroit Red Wings
Atlanta Thrashers @ San Jose Sharks
Tampa Bay Lightning @ Los Angeles Kings
Boston Bruins @ Toronto Maple Leafs
St. Louis Blues @ Montreal Canadiens
Nashville Predators @ Buffalo Sabres
Pittsburgh Penguins @ Philadelphia Flyers
Dallas Stars @ Chicago Blackhawks
New York Rangers @ Colorado Avalanche

if you notice, the first game is ottawa at anaheim, meaning that the schedule was adjusted and now st. louis plays the canadiens.

the play by date is 12/24. the following week may go a bit long, as we have christmas and new years, but i don't expect to let it go too much longer, though, as the league is moving slowly enough on its own.

dafoomie - boston bruins
radjago - dallas stars
matt young - l.a. kings
jaket - ottawa senators

LINK TO LEAGUE WEBSITE:
http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=xbox&l=2106

[quote name='thatstoobad']we are now in week 8, here's the schedule:

Ottawa Senators @ Anaheim Mighty Ducks
New Jersey Devils @ Detroit Red Wings
Atlanta Thrashers @ San Jose Sharks
Tampa Bay Lightning @ Los Angeles Kings
Boston Bruins @ Toronto Maple Leafs
St. Louis Blues @ Montreal Canadiens
Nashville Predators @ Buffalo Sabres
Pittsburgh Penguins @ Philadelphia Flyers
Dallas Stars @ Chicago Blackhawks
New York Rangers @ Colorado Avalanche

if you notice, the first game is ottawa at anaheim, meaning that the schedule was adjusted and now st. louis plays the canadiens.

the play by date is 12/24. the following week may go a bit long, as we have christmas and new years, but i don't expect to let it go too much longer, though, as the league is moving slowly enough on its own.

dafoomie - boston bruins
radjago - dallas stars
matt young - l.a. kings
jaket - ottawa senators

LINK TO LEAGUE WEBSITE:
http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=xbox&l=2106[/QUOTE]

Awesome, glad to know I face someone this week (wether I lose or not). I PM'd meth already so I'm getting this week started off right.

[quote name='Matt Young']Well at least my opponent this week, sighlintbob, actively visits the site, heh.[/QUOTE]

yeah...let me know when you can play Matt. I'm usually good weeknights after 10 PM EST. If that doesn't work for you, I can try to play at your convenience.

i just finished my game with tjordan and it was a really, really great game. he scored first about halfway through the first, but then i tied it up a few minutes later. then he scored in the second period, but i came right back and scored the next shift. i scored another goal early in the third to take the lead 3-2. he then scored to tie it up, and with something like 3 minutes left, he scored again to take the lead 4-3. with 30 seconds left, zetterberg skated around the new jersey defense with a last ditch effort and put one in over the goalie's shoulder to tie the game 4-4. draper took a mid ice shot with just seconds left that went in just after time expired, so the game went to overtime. about a minute into overtime, yzerman had a scoring chance that left the goalie out of position, allowing robert lang to pick up the rebound and throw it in the net for a 5-4 overtime win.

of course, this game didn't register. i have decided that 2k6 is defective and we should all be offered our money back.

Yeah, that was a great game. When I had the puck with 1:30 left, I debated whether or not to skate in circles behind my net and waste time. I decided not to. Oh, how I regret that....lol.

Very nice win...I have a feeling we will meet again in the playoffs!

[quote name='Brad906']I PMed Keyser but I haven't heard back yet.[/QUOTE]

He *still* hasn't been on since December 1st.

Sighlintbob, I am available all day today, as well as after 8 PM Pacific tomorrow.

Just to let everyone know... i've changed my gamertag to AlexMeth. It's still the same account though so i should still appear on your friends list.

Doesn't look like it registered but Tojo and I just finished our game. He came from behind 2-0 to win 3-2. GG Tojo!

It didn't register? No suprise there. Yeah, that was a really good game. I can't believe I came back like that.

[quote name='METH']Just to let everyone know... i've changed my gamertag to AlexMeth. It's still the same account though so i should still appear on your friends list.[/QUOTE]
have you had a chance to try signing into the league through xbox live yet? if you haven't, give it a try to make sure that you can and don't have to rejoin the league, because on the league website it still shows that your gamertag is "xmethx".

bread's done
Back