CAGHL 2k6: weeks 1-12 - do NOT post in this thread

[quote name='thatstoobad']have you had a chance to try signing into the league through xbox live yet? if you haven't, give it a try to make sure that you can and don't have to rejoin the league, because on the league website it still shows that your gamertag is "xmethx".[/QUOTE]

I didn't get the chance to sign in yet. But i will tonight - gomer1andonly and I are schedule to play our game. I'll let you know if i have to sign in again. thanks

[quote name='Matt Young']

Sighlintbob, I am available all day today, as well as after 8 PM Pacific tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Hey Matt...8 PM Pacific is good for me tonight. See you then.

Meth and I played our game tonight, I won a tough one 1-0. Looks like the game did not register (first time thats happened to me all year.....I think). Great game again Meth, was a hard fought game for both of us.

matt...i waited for a while to see if you'd hop online, but I never saw you. let me know if there is another day you can play this week.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Meth and I played our game tonight, I won a tough one 1-0. Looks like the game did not register (first time thats happened to me all year.....I think). Great game again Meth, was a hard fought game for both of us.[/QUOTE]

Great game man, looking forward to play you again soon.

Thatstoobad: The xbox live account thing went smooth. No problems whatsoever. Good news.

[quote name='sighlintbob']matt...i waited for a while to see if you'd hop online, but I never saw you. let me know if there is another day you can play this week.[/QUOTE]

Sorry man... I viewed the thread yet I somehow missed your post. My fault.

What time might you be available tonight?

It seems that you always end up replying after I'm gone, heh... not your fault of course. Actually, tonight, I wasn't supposed to be going anywhere.

Tomorrow, my fiancee will be over, but we will be staying home. Just reply with a time, and if I have not responded by that time, that means I haven't seen your message. if that's the case, you can call or text me at 951-966-2067. Sorry for the inconvenience.

[quote name='Matt Young']Tomorrow, my fiancee will be over, but we will be staying home. Just reply with a time, and if I have not responded by that time, that means I haven't seen your message. if that's the case, you can call or text me at xxx-xxx-xxxx. Sorry for the inconvenience.[/QUOTE]Now that's dedication for you going as far as to give out his cell number on a gaming board just to get his game in.

[quote name='Matt Young']It seems that you always end up replying after I'm gone, heh... not your fault of course. Actually, tonight, I wasn't supposed to be going anywhere.

Tomorrow, my fiancee will be over, but we will be staying home. Just reply with a time, and if I have not responded by that time, that means I haven't seen your message. if that's the case, you can call or text me at 951-966-2067. Sorry for the inconvenience.[/QUOTE]

how's 10 PM EST sound?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Now that's dedication for you going as far as to give out his cell number on a gaming board just to get his game in.[/QUOTE]

Heh, it's like the third time for this league... I did it with repetske and fxrival, I believe. Seeing as how I often make last minute plans and also, I am sharing a computer right now, I never know when I can get online. I just want to make sure I get to take my weekly ass kicking.

But yeah, 10 Eastern/7 Pacific sounds good. I'll be there, and likely slightly inebriated. :)

Had I known you'd be home, we could've played when you made the post. Anyway, can we switch it to 7:30? I guarantee I can make it then. If you can't do that, I'll figure something out.

good game Matt. outside of that one crap goal I had, it was pretty close. and I finally played a game that registered. it's been a while since i've had one that did.

I played horribly, but thanks. It's very fortunate that you had no mic so you couldn't hear how much I was cussing, lol... but it was a good game. Thanks for accomodating my somewhat erratic shedule.

[quote name='radjago']Nice game, flybrione. Luckily it registered the first time.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I finally got some extra stats for my players. Great game as well.

Yo. Big Dirty. I'm back from the big bad city and missed the transit strike by about 8 hours. Hope you are getting around okay. Let me know if you can play any time today or tomorrow.

Hey,

I accidently removed myself from the leauge and need to get back in. When I search for CAGHL it says no leauges found by that name. Don't know what the deal is. I still want to play.

Sorry,
Clint

[quote name='cfreeze']Hey,

I accidently removed myself from the leauge and need to get back in. When I search for CAGHL it says no leauges found by that name. Don't know what the deal is. I still want to play.

Sorry,
Clint[/QUOTE]
smooth move.

yeah, you're right.

does anyone know what the origin of that line is? i've always kind of wondered, and i just did a google search to no avail.

just a reminder that today's the last day to get your games in. these three games still have to be played:

Atlanta Thrashers vs. San Jose Sharks
Boston Bruins vs. Toronto Maple Leafs
Nashville Predators vs. Buffalo Sabres

i'm not really expecting to see the nashville/buffalo game played, but oh well. everyone's done a pretty good job getting the games in this week, so let's see it continue.

Boston 4 Toronto 1

We could not play thru the leauge. We kept getting kicked out. So, we played a private match. And Dafoomie was victorious. Though, at the end of the game Dafoomie bolted for NYC and quickly shaved his head and beard and was introduced as the new center fielder for the Yankees

ok, sorry for updating the schedule a little later than planned, but i've been kind of busy.

PLAY BY DATE: 01/03/05

schedule: week nine

Ottawa Senators @ Anaheim Mighty Ducks
Nashville Predators @ Detroit Red Wings
New Jersey Devils @ Atlanta Thrashers
San Jose Sharks @ New York Rangers
Buffalo Sabres @ Boston Bruins
Toronto Maple Leafs @ Los Angeles Kings
Chicago Blackhawks @ St. Louis Blues
Tampa Bay Lightning @ Philadelphia Flyers
Montreal Canadiens @ Colorado Avalanche
Pittsburgh Penguins @ Dallas Stars

TEAMS and PLAYERS::
SteveMcQ - anaheim mighty ducks
repetske - atlanta thrashers
dafoomie - boston bruins
KeyserSoze81 - buffalo sabres
flybrione - chicago blackhawks
Tojo - colorado avalanche
radjago - dallas stars
thatstoobad - detroit red wings
matt young - l.a. kings
meth - montreal canadians
brad 906 - nashville predators
TJordan522 - new jersey devils
fxrival - new york rangers
jaket - ottawa senators
CheapyD - philidelphia flyers
ajh2298 - pittsburgh penguins
BigDirty - san jose sharks
gomer1andonly - st. louis blues
sighlintbob - tampa bay lightning
cfreeze - toronto maple leafs

LINK TO LEAGUE WEBSITE:
http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=xbox&l=2106

[quote name='repetske']Sweet. Now I can play Jordan without feeling like I have to keep it close so he won't start crying into the headset again.[/QUOTE]

We'll see. I'll be seeking revenge on behalf of METH, and I'll be sure to make it as painful for you as possible.

Me and Radjago played our game today, neither of us could access the league lobby so he just sent me a invite and we played that way.

Penguins-4
Stars-2

I would be fine if he wanted to try again later(can try later tonight, or Sunday night or Monday), to see if we could play thur the league lobby so the game would register.

Good game Radjago

No, NHL 2K6 for Xbox isn't playable on the 360.

By the way, I got the 360 version for Christmas. I really like it, but the goalies are TERRIBLE and that sort of ruins it...even on Hall of Famer. Anyone else have the 360 version?

ajh2298 and I just got our game in. It seems the leagues and lobbies were offline, so we just set up a game and played anyway.

PIT 4
DAL 2

Nice game with lots of good shots on both sides.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Is this BC w/ 360? If so can you play on it against someone on Xbox?[/QUOTE]
Not so far. I don't think you can play between the Xbox and 360 versions either, but I could be wrong.

[quote name='TJordan522']No, NHL 2K6 for Xbox isn't playable on the 360.

By the way, I got the 360 version for Christmas. I really like it, but the goalies are TERRIBLE and that sort of ruins it...even on Hall of Famer. Anyone else have the 360 version?[/QUOTE]

I rented it from Gamefly and still have it, it plays nice but no different than the X-Box version to me. And it looks like crap IMO, even the cut scenes look no better than the X-Box or PS2 versions.

[quote name='TJordan522']We'll see. I'll be seeking revenge on behalf of METH, and I'll be sure to make it as painful for you as possible.[/QUOTE]

haha, thanks man, hit'em hard!!! damn thrashers! ;)

[quote name='TJordan522']No, NHL 2K6 for Xbox isn't playable on the 360.

By the way, I got the 360 version for Christmas. I really like it, but the goalies are TERRIBLE and that sort of ruins it...even on Hall of Famer. Anyone else have the 360 version?[/QUOTE]

I've got it and like it as well, but you're right about the goalies. They probably did it intentionally to encourage people to use the goalie crease control. I'm still trying to get used to it. It is pretty rewarding when you know you stopped a shot without depending on the computer AI.

Great game thatstoobad...I can't believe how lucky I got. I better enjoy it now, because it's never gonna happen again lol.

[quote name='sighlintbob']I've got it and like it as well, but you're right about the goalies. They probably did it intentionally to encourage people to use the goalie crease control. I'm still trying to get used to it. It is pretty rewarding when you know you stopped a shot without depending on the computer AI.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the crease control is really fun...I think I'm finally used to it.
The bad thing about the goalies is that I can bump up the sliders and skill level to HOF and I still score 15-20 goals per game consistantly in my franchise.

[quote name='Brad906']Great game thatstoobad...I can't believe how lucky I got. I better enjoy it now, because it's never gonna happen again lol.[/QUOTE]
yeah, good game. for those too lazy to check the league site, i lost my game 8-2. my goalies totally blew it, but i didn't really get much going on offense anyways. next time i'm hoping the game will end up a bit closer.

Jordan, let me know if you can play any time today. I'm just going to be around the house most of the day if you can play. Look me up on AIM if you want.

[quote name='repetske']Jordan, let me know if you can play any time today. I'm just going to be around the house most of the day if you can play. Look me up on AIM if you want.[/QUOTE]

I can play any time today up until 5 or 5:30. You aren't on AIM now though...
I'll check back for you every now and then.

When Repetske and I went to play our game, the 2K Sports service was "temporarily unavailable," so we played an exhibition.

It was a hard fought 2-1 game, with Repetske holding the upper hand until I tied it up with a few minutes remaning in the third.

We battled deep into overtime, with both Pasi Nurminen and Marty Brodeur putting on a show. Breakaway after breakaway was denied, as well as a Jan Hrdina penalty shot.

Eventually, Kozlov (Viktor, not Slava) picked up a loose puck, deked through 3 Thrasher players fresh off of the bench, and took the puck in on Nurminen. Pasi stopped the first attempt with a quick glove hand, but Kozlov batted in his own rebound out of the air to win it by a score of 3-2 in 2OT.

Great game Ryan!

And METH...sorry I wasn't able to crush Repetske for you, but a double OT loss is just as devastating.

Yeah, that was a great game, I just hated that the server was so f'd up that it used the default rosters though. If you wanted to try to play the game after the servers get back up, let me know. I'll be around most of the day tomorrow and Monday. Also, I could hear you on the mic, but you couldn't hear me. Really weird.

[quote name='repetske']Yeah, that was a great game, I just hated that the server was so f'd up that it used the default rosters though. If you wanted to try to play the game after the servers get back up, let me know. I'll be around most of the day tomorrow and Monday. Also, I could hear you on the mic, but you couldn't hear me. Really weird.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we can try it again if you want. I'll be around all day tomorrow, so hopefully I'll catch you online. If not tomorrow, then I probably won't get a chance to play by the required date.
I'll use a different communicator tomorrow too.

Tojo - It's 2pm and i'm in the lobby. ready when you are.

+

This just in... I've sent out a few trade proposals! Zednik is on the trading block.

I'm pretty well fucked this week. I got a wireless setup for the xbox for xmas. To make a long story short, the router isn't compatible with xbox live. I'll probably be down until this coming weekend. If anything changes I'll post an update. If not, please give the win to my opponent this week.

[quote name='METH']Tojo - It's 2pm and i'm in the lobby. ready when you are.

+

This just in... I've sent out a few trade proposals! Zednik is on the trading block.[/QUOTE]

No news from Tojo so far :(

bread's done
Back