CAGHL II: Turbo ------ OLD THREAD LET DROP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Senate talks of placing a ban on sales of ESPN NHL 2K5 and sports games alike due to new study that finds 90% of aggressive behavior in minors and adults are linked to the vast array of play styles one comes in contact with while playing 2K5 and other sports games. Games like GTA and True Crime gets new rating of "E" for everyone. News at 11.

We're gonna need a new thread soon.

Edit: How is it that a good deal of my replies end up starting new pages? Really, it's odd.

Yeah Cheapy...I saw that article you made yesterday and meant to say something but got distracted by the fight.
You better hope you make them now!

[quote name='EddieBelfour']i understand you arent trying to be disrespectful, but who started it? and this is what, the second time? you started getting snotty with me, didnt you? i find myself needing to be righteous for the greater good of man. you better get some tear tats quick.:hot:[/QUOTE]

Sorry if you felt I was being snotty, that wasn't my intention.

[quote name='sighlintbob']Senate talks of placing a ban on sales of ESPN NHL 2K5 and sports games alike due to new study that finds 90% of aggressive behavior in minors and adults are linked to the vast array of play styles one comes in contact with while playing 2K5 and other sports games. Games like GTA and True Crime gets new rating of "E" for everyone. News at 11.[/QUOTE]

im imaging you think being a cheater is funny. and that internet beef is cool too.

and tjordan, i didnt find you being snotty. i think your just some punk kid who used to cheat at a game then noticed he wasnt even that good of a cheater and changed his ways. this is the 6th time this has a happened? once again, i call you out for playing cheap and you changed your ways. you said rep was being cheap and i said he was. so therefore, im 2 for 2 or batting 100% in calling out the cheaters. talk about hyperbole.

i think you should all get off my sack right about now. there are at least 5 cheaters in this leauge and you could see who they are by the reaction to my resignation as the gm of the almighty thrashers. who's the one who started the whole thing? your boy, and his 18-4 cheating rangers. he even uses a retired player. sickening. just because the game has many flaws, doesnt mean you should exploit them. be a bit more samurai about it.

i've been smacked down and beatn fairly plenty of times. five to be exact before yesterday- and not once did i have this problem. whens the only time it arises? when glitches are used. play style my ass.

instead of being self righteous, start reading posts with the intent to learn, rather than reply.

Oh, so I'm some punk kid?? I'm the farthest thing from a punk kid. Talk about judging people you dont even know--something you said people shouldn't do. I can't even figure out if your posts are trying to be mean to me or not.

1. cheapy: nice article, but now you have to back it up.

2. stop with the back and forth. everyone. especially those still in the league. no one is going to convince anyone of anything at this point, so it would be cool to just move on.

3. since the thread has exceeded 500 posts, i'll make a new thread when i advance the schedule for next week.

Yeah. Nice article Cheapy. I was going to mention it last night, but was too busy cheating and offending, disrespecting, and trying to get stabbed by the righteous one himself. I enjoy when more of the league is done on the official site. Nice to see people taking advantage of the cool features. Does that qualify as cheating?

[quote name='TJordan522']Oh, so I'm some punk kid?? I'm the farthest thing from a punk kid. Talk about judging people you dont even know--something you said people shouldn't do. I can't even figure out if your posts are trying to be mean to me or not.[/QUOTE]

if you have to figure it out it probably does.

lets go through this again.

1. i shut my xbox off mid game because what rep plays isnt hockey. i was in caghl to play hockey.

2. i pm'd thatstoobad and said im done, explaining why.

3. rep comes on here and makes a little joke, then after it is ignored, double posts to illicit a reaction.

4. thatstoobad tells me to take a few days to think about it and i respond that no, i dont need a few days this is the second time it has happened.

5. me, not understanding why i should have to play a game of diving, rather than hockey and "learn how to dive" like mark spitz in order to stop the same goal over and over.

6. i tell rep he is just as bad as a halo racist and let him know that cheaters in racists in life are dealt with and shed some light on what i've seen. rep takes this as me being illmatic and i try to get across the point that though this is the interent, that on the internet and XBL you need to act accordingly- meaing no cheating a no racism, which in reality, ruin online gaming.

7. now you all make funny surburbanite jokes about it. classy.

8. thatstoobad tells you to cut it, but you have to have the last word. classier.

I'm only asking this 'cause I really don't know much about hockey: What is "diving"? Is that just flopping in front of the net as a defender to try and stop a goal? That's not something they do in the NHL (I'm guessing not to the extent in a game since, well, that could kill you). I do tend to block passes and shots coming across the middle if I can't get to the puck handler and put a body and a stick on him. Is that not good? Just asking. Thanks.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I'm only asking this 'cause I really don't know much about hockey: What is "diving"? Is that just flopping in front of the net as a defender to try and stop a goal? That's not something they do in the NHL (I'm guessing not to the extent in a game since, well, that could kill you). I do tend to block passes and shots coming across the middle if I can't get to the puck handler and put a body and a stick on him. Is that not good? Just asking. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You play fine--nothing cheap. Just keep doing what you're doing.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I'm only asking this 'cause I really don't know much about hockey: What is "diving"? Is that just flopping in front of the net as a defender to try and stop a goal? That's not something they do in the NHL (I'm guessing not to the extent in a game since, well, that could kill you). I do tend to block passes and shots coming across the middle if I can't get to the puck handler and put a body and a stick on him. Is that not good? Just asking. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

diving is a rather large part of hockey and is usually done when trying to stop a point shot, or like you said, a cross crease pass, but is done sparingly because you can get injured, or injure someone. its usually a last result when trying to stop a breakaway; you'll see someone do that very seldomly for the simple fact it can injure the skater and must be done with percision. diving just about never occus in the nuetral zone or against the boards, it just about never happens. You will find kids that play online that dive all up and down the ice, which makes for very unrealistic hockey. thats a diver.

Oh, all right. Thanks for the info. I usually just do it in front of the crease to stop passes or shots I can't get to otherwise.

I have been trying to get my game in with BigDirty, but he has been busy all of the times I've IMed him. Hopefully we can get it done, because we are both fighting for playoff spots and it would suck to not play.

Still trying to play BigDirty...I've been IMing him whenever i see him online and sending him invites whenever he's on live to no avail...

Finally went to play bigdirty and we get the message: "a network problem has been encountered that prevents play from being continued. if this is a ranked game it will not be counted"
This happened a total of 4 times.
Bigdirty is resetting his router and we're gonna try some more...

Tried 2 more times with no success...
If it means anything, I outscored him 7-2 over the 6 games lol. (which might have added up to a full game)

[quote name='Brad906']Got in the first period again and it ended....I was up 2-0.
That's 7 tries now...[/QUOTE]
they really, really need to make online play more reliable.

today's the last day to get your games in. i'll be advancing the schedule after midnight tonight.

i can see some of you guys haven't had much luck getting a game scheduled, so if you can't get it in i will do my best to simulate the games fairly.

also, i noticed that the in-game standings take into account overtime losses, unlike the standings on the league site. i'm not sure how this will play out once the season is over, but i'm hoping that i can somehow edit the teams/brackets to make sure that everyone is where they should be.

[quote name='thatstoobad']today's the last day to get your games in. i'll be advancing the schedule after midnight tonight.

i can see some of you guys haven't had much luck getting a game scheduled, so if you can't get it in i will do my best to simulate the games fairly.

also, i noticed that the in-game standings take into account overtime losses, unlike the standings on the league site. i'm not sure how this will play out once the season is over, but i'm hoping that i can somehow edit the teams/brackets to make sure that everyone is where they should be.[/QUOTE]

Sweet--maybe I'll get credit for my first ever CAGHL game...an OT loss against you!
And any news on how we are handling the EddieBelfour situation? While it seems like a good idea to let Atlanta play Dallas for the remainder of the year, it's also unfair to the three teams who were going to get a free win against Dallas (me being one of them) and now they won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back