CAGHL II: Turbo ------ OLD THREAD LET DROP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, here are some of my wishes for future NHL 2K games:

Penalties against the defensive team for intentionally knocking the net off the moorings
Goalie fights (on a rare occasion)
Bench clearing fights (again, rarely)
Broken sticks
Dropped sticks
Helmets getting knocked off on hard hits
Shootout game mode

[quote name='METH']Good one Steve...

Just so you know, we don't wear berets and we don't carry baguettes around...
This ain't France buddy - it's french CANADA ;)

Here's another cover idea, why not show an empty Nashville arena, since no one cares about nothing but Nascar over there anyway :p

i kidd i kidd![/QUOTE]
Hehe, yeah I know, but the image of a beret wearing dude getting smacked by a baguette seemed better than a Roots Athletic sweatshirt wearing dude being scalded by hot maple syrup.

ok, i was able to advance the schedule today. here is the new one for week 21:

Calgary @ Atlanta
NY Islanders @ Boston
Philadelphia @ Colorado
Columbus @ Tampa Bay
Dallas @ Toronto
Los Angeles @ Detroit
San Jose @ Montreal
NY Rangers @ New Jersey
St. Louis @ Phoenix

there's only 6 weeks left, so we're finally in the home stretch.

also, we have a new player for dallas. it's CAG user Onetrackmind (XBL tag=unotrackmind). he should be signing in a little later today, so he'll be ready for this week's game.

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm going to have a little meeting with the producer of NHL 2k5 (and 2k6) at E3.
Anything you guys want me to ask/mention?[/QUOTE]
i would like it if they refined the pinning a little bit. as of right now, you don't have much control over your player if he gets pinned. i would like it if certain players who are in the game weren't mysteriously missing from the rosters of teams when you play online. i would also like to see them actually have the custom tracks WORK, becuase they certainly don't right now. also, maybe have the commentary be a bit more relevant (bill clement is often saying a score that is incorrect). i'm pretty satisfied with most of the gameplay itself, but if that extra stuff is there, it should work correctly.

the problem is that most of my problems with the game come from playing it online with random people, which is not something that can really be fixed. it's a hockey game, so it's hard to make it perfect, and there will always be people who exploit anything they can.

as far as leagues go, i'd really like it if they made it so we could change options around after the league has started, so they can be tweeked to everyone's liking.

i'm sure there's some things i'm forgetting, but that's always the case.

[quote name='thatstoobad']ok, i was able to advance the schedule today. here is the new one for week 21:

Calgary @ Atlanta
NY Islanders @ Boston
Philadelphia @ Colorado
Columbus @ Tampa Bay
Dallas @ Toronto
Los Angeles @ Detroit
San Jose @ Montreal
NY Rangers @ New Jersey
St. Louis @ Phoenix

there's only 6 weeks left, so we're finally in the home stretch.

also, we have a new player for dallas. it's CAG user Onetrackmind (XBL tag=unotrackmind). he should be signing in a little later today, so he'll be ready for this week's game.

i would like it if they refined the pinning a little bit. as of right now, you don't have much control over your player if he gets pinned. i would like it if certain players who are in the game weren't mysteriously missing from the rosters of teams when you play online. i would also like to see them actually have the custom tracks WORK, becuase they certainly don't right now. also, maybe have the commentary be a bit more relevant (bill clement is often saying a score that is incorrect). i'm pretty satisfied with most of the gameplay itself, but if that extra stuff is there, it should work correctly.

the problem is that most of my problems with the game come from playing it online with random people, which is not something that can really be fixed. it's a hockey game, so it's hard to make it perfect, and there will always be people who exploit anything they can.

as far as leagues go, i'd really like it if they made it so we could change options around after the league has started, so they can be tweeked to everyone's liking.

i'm sure there's some things i'm forgetting, but that's always the case.[/QUOTE]

FYI:
BigDirty (SJ) and I will be in L.A next week... and i don't think we'll be able to play our game until we go back home.

[quote name='METH']FYI:
BigDirty (SJ) and I will be in L.A next week... and i don't think we'll be able to play our game until we go back home.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, yeah. Rub it in some more, Meth. I knew the French were a-holes, but do you really need to put salt in our non-E3 going wounds? (To anyone that doesn't know us, this is a joke.)

Hey FrankySox. Let me know when you can play this weekend. I'll be around most of the time. The easiest way to reach me is on AIM. My name is jrrepetske.

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm going to have a little meeting with the producer of NHL 2k5 (and 2k6) at E3.
Anything you guys want me to ask/mention?[/QUOTE]
yes tell them to give the goalies a brain, seperate the leader boards by difficutly so pro is not on the same boards as all star. and of course, throwbacks and 3rd jerseys in leauge play.

One more suggestion for you to tell the NHL producer, Cheapy. I'm sure this is a given, but just in case:
Ability to put your own face on created players using the Xbox 360 camera

another thing they need to fix in the new game: they need to make all the league options (adding/dropping players, resetting games, managing the schedule...) available IN GAME and in a less confusing manner. i have been trying to invite onetrackmind to the league, but i keep getting the same "not a valid user" error message. he said he registered with the site and everything else, so i don't understand what the problem is. i even emailed the support guys for the xbox, and they told me to email the league support people, whom i can't find a link to. if he could just log into xbox live and add himself, or i could add him from xbox live, none of this would be a problem. thumbs down.

it would also be fun if you had the option of creating a player in your online leagues. i wouldn't want created players to be available for normal matches, though.

tjordan: i sent you a PM with my available times.

[quote name='repetske']Yeah, yeah. Rub it in some more, Meth. I knew the French were a-holes, but do you really need to put salt in our non-E3 going wounds? (To anyone that doesn't know us, this is a joke.)

Hey FrankySox. Let me know when you can play this weekend. I'll be around most of the time. The easiest way to reach me is on AIM. My name is jrrepetske.[/QUOTE]

hahahaha..... Cry me a river ;)

Hey FrankySox. I sent you a pm on Friday night. I thought we were going to play this past weekend. Reply to my pm and let me know when you can play this week. I'll be available most nights after 6:00pm EST. I just have to make plans to play on someone elses Xbox since I'm working out of town.

Good game Kingdox. I'll admit two of those goals were slop. Sucks when your goalie bobbles the puck back into the net.

Glad I finally broke my streak.

I still haven't heard anything back from FrankySox since he since me a pm last Friday night. I've posted here and sent pm's and gotten no response.

I've still not heard from FrankySox, so don't hold out for us to get our game in. Although, it sucks for this to go to a toss up since he's made no attempt to get this game in since the first message.

tjordan: good game yesterday. when you scored that goal to get within one, i thought for sure it would end up being another overtime game. i got some very lucky bounces that game.

everyone: i advanced the schedule this morning, so here is week 22:

Dallas @ Atlanta
Detroit @ Boston
Calgary @ Philadelphia
Colorado @ San Jose
NY Rangers @ Columbus
Tampa Bay @ Los Angeles
St. Louis @ Montreal
Toronto @ New Jersey
Phoenix @ NY Islanders

the play by date is may 29.

it doesn't look like we'll be able to get onetrackmind to play as dallas afterall. the way the system works for replacing a player is very buggy, and it just didn't work this time. so i guess atlanta can consider this a bye week.

with the playoffs coming up in only a few weeks, most of this week's matches are going to end up being very important as far as making the playoffs and your spot in the playoffs are concerned. only 5 games are left, and 3 teams have already clinched spots in the playoffs, which leaves 10 or 11 teams fighting over those last 5 spots.

my game with meth should also prove to be a good one.

Ultimate Matt X, let me know if you can play this weekend. I'll be around late Saturday (After 9 or 10 eastern) or pretty much all day on Sunday. Look for me on AIM if you have that, send me a pm, or just post here. I'm in serious withdrawal since I've only played one complete game in the last month.

Wow...playoffs are around the corner...how exciting.

BigDirty...let me know what works for you. I can play most every late afternoon especially weekends. I don't get on Live late at night though for the most part. I'll send a PM later.

Yeah, that was a really good game thatstoobad. I got pretty excited when I pulled to within one, but you did a great job of holding me off.

[quote name='thatstoobad']

it doesn't look like we'll be able to get onetrackmind to play as dallas afterall. the way the system works for replacing a player is very buggy, and it just didn't work this time. so i guess atlanta can consider this a bye week.
[/QUOTE]

damn...sniffle. i dont need a week off, im right back in the scoing race after kovalchuck tricked it out last week :cool:

have you pretty much clinched first? unless you lose out i imagine. its been a rather stellar season and aside from the top three, the playoff push is going to be sick. i hope matt x wins this week since i believe he has the rangers who sit one game ahead.

how do the playoffs work? is it like meth's invitational? where if we wanted to play 4 games in a day, we could?

[quote name='EddieBelfour']damn...sniffle. i dont need a week off, im right back in the scoing race after kovalchuck tricked it out last week :cool:

have you pretty much clinched first? unless you lose out i imagine. its been a rather stellar season and aside from the top three, the playoff push is going to be sick. i hope matt x wins this week since i believe he has the rangers who sit one game ahead.

how do the playoffs work? is it like meth's invitational? where if we wanted to play 4 games in a day, we could?[/QUOTE]

How dare you hope for misfortune for Boromir Jagr and Mike "Gandalf" Dunham. I hope to stay as far away as possible from thatstoobad and Shadowcat in the playoff bracket.

Well, this week I was supposed to play my brother but we couldnt figure out how to do it on the same XBox. It wouldn't let us both sign in to play, so we just did an exhibition with our league teams. He won 4-3 in OT.
So the Islanders defeat the Coyotes this week....but I shall have my revenge in the playoffs!

[quote name='TJordan522']So the Islanders defeat the Coyotes this week....but I shall have my revenge in the playoffs![/QUOTE]
Crap.
Come on Big Dirty....I need a win from you this week!

[quote name='EddieBelfour']have you pretty much clinched first? unless you lose out i imagine. its been a rather stellar season and aside from the top three, the playoff push is going to be sick. i hope matt x wins this week since i believe he has the rangers who sit one game ahead.[/QUOTE]
i'm pretty sure it's still possible for me to drop to third. i would have to lose the rest of my games, but it's possible for me to choke, especially if i keep osgood in net.

[quote name='repetske']I hope to stay as far away as possible from thatstoobad and Shadowcat in the playoff bracket.[/QUOTE]
part of me wants to avoid shadowcat, because our games in the playoffs were brutal (meaning he kind of manhandled me, at least in one of the games), but i wouldn't mind a rematch for a chance to redeem myself.

[quote name='thatstoobad']
part of me wants to avoid shadowcat, because our games in the playoffs were brutal (meaning he kind of manhandled me, at least in one of the games), but i wouldn't mind a rematch for a chance to redeem myself.[/QUOTE]

I'll do what I can to give you your rematch. I'm sure it would be fun. I've slowly tried to work my way into contention.

[quote name='sighlintbob']I'll do what I can to give you your rematch. I'm sure it would be fun. I've slowly tried to work my way into contention.[/QUOTE]

If "work your way into contention" means to blatantly abuse the poke checking system until people get frustrated and practically give you the win to make you stop. You are such a cheeser and a net camper. How's that new tv working out by the way?

I forgot to mention that I played 2k6 at E3...it seems pretty good (obviously).
I was told that the online league features were getting a big update, but I didn't get specifics. Hopefully we get another $20 price tag.

[quote name='CheapyD']I forgot to mention that I played 2k6 at E3...it seems pretty good (obviously).
I was told that the online league features were getting a big update, but I didn't get specifics. Hopefully we get another $20 price tag.[/QUOTE]

solid. i hope you can pick old school jerseys in leauge games or at least switch to your thirds. what team did you use?

[quote name='repetske']If "work your way into contention" means to blatantly abuse the poke checking system until people get frustrated and practically give you the win to make you stop. You are such a cheeser and a net camper. How's that new tv working out by the way?[/QUOTE]

you're so full of it repetske...you'll do anything to try and start trouble. watch out for his figure 8's near the net to try and draw your defense to him right before he skates past your goalie for a cheap goal. LOL. And the tv is working out quite nicely. i still need to get my HD cables for my xbox today.

[quote name='sighlintbob']you're so full of it repetske...you'll do anything to try and start trouble. watch out for his figure 8's near the net to try and draw your defense to him right before he skates past your goalie for a cheap goal. LOL. And the tv is working out quite nicely. i still need to get my HD cables for my xbox today.[/QUOTE]

Those are fighting words. Most people I play are completely amazed at how sim-like I play. I would have to say half of my wins are from my opponents being so dazzled by my skillful passing and timely shooting. Dive saves and poke checks on defense, no thanks, not for me. Just hard nosed D for the Rangers of New York. (I would appreciate it if all my opponents would refrain from replying to this since I am being completely sarcastic.)

Hey guys i'm back!!!... missed my flight to montreal and got stuck in Atlanta :(

Like CheapyD, i've played NHL 2K6 at E3 and it looks/feels great, controls are tight, new animations, hard hits, etc.

I noticed it's also coming up on xbox360... It's going to be a tough call when we get to november.

[quote name='radjago']Great game today, sighlintbob. That 2nd period was intense. Too bad I couldn't put up a fight in the 3rd.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. I lost count of how many crazy shots on goal we both had. It was a lot of fun. Hope we can play again sometime.

I'm hoping for a league on the 360. Hell, if the game is only $20 and the Xbox version comes out first, I'll probably pick that up as well as the 360 version.

Hey Ulti Matt. I sent you a pm to see if you could play tonight.

Because I don't want to just make a stupid thread and the hockey people seem to be the most easy going, I just made Cheap Ass All-Star. It's not exactly ground breaking, but damn, that is a lot of lost work productivity.

[quote name='repetske']Because I don't want to just make a stupid thread and the hockey people seem to be the most easy going, I just made Cheap Ass All-Star. It's not exactly ground breaking, but damn, that is a lot of lost work productivity.[/QUOTE]

easy going? what the f do you mean im easy going. i think matt x is away at school, but he said he will be making his xbox return tonight, so ill let him know if i speak with him before you so he can hand you your loss :cool:

as far as 360 goes, im not sure if i am going to get it for that or my xbox, since all of boys arent gettting 360 right away and i want to be able to play with them, too.

[quote name='EddieBelfour']easy going? what the f do you mean im easy going. i think matt x is away at school, but he said he will be making his xbox return tonight, so ill let him know if i speak with him before you so he can hand you your loss :cool:[/QUOTE]

You called down the thunder? Well you got it! I'll see you on the ice next week!

i'm giving this a bump, because saturday is the last day to get your games in.

-BUT-

i won't get a chance to advance the schedule until sunday night, because i have to wake up and go to work. so, there's an extra day this week.

these games still need to be played:

Colorado @ San Jose
Tampa Bay @ Los Angeles
Toronto @ New Jersey

i'd really like to see the colorado/san jose game played, since that could really impact the playoffs, although a win for new jersey is also pretty crucial to their playoff run.

I'm sending another PM to BigDirty right now. Sent him one on the 25th and haven't heard from him yet. Only 1/2 a game ahead of Cheapy....

Edit: PM Sent. BigDirty...get back to me!!!!

I just wanted to get this out of me before the playoffs started, as it's really been bugging me and I just can't stand it anymore. This is not meant to take a stab at anybody in the league, just to express my feelings.
As some of you may remember, earlier in the year EddieBelfour and I had World War 3 over the first tournament. He was upset with the way I was playing, things such as: poorly timed pauses, cheap defensive tactics, and wraparound goals. I certainly wasn't doing these things on purpose, but EddieBelfour did have some good points and I completely altered my play style as a result.
Now, I finally see why EddieBelfour was so upset with me. It is impossible to win against people who play like that, whether it be intentional or not. Every game I play (not necessarily just the league, mostly regular Live play) is against someone who employs these tactics and it makes the game not fun and unfair. I have even begun to notice some league members playing like this, so I just wanted to lay this out.
I would like to propose a gentleman's agreement barring the following from the playoffs:
1. Wraparound goals
2. Refusing to fight to gain the power play
3. Cheap defensive tactics (ex: letting the computer play D for you, subsequently eliminating any scoring oppurtunities)
Anyway, those are just my thoughts. Let me know how you guys feel about it. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of CAGers who play fair, but there are also some who don't (which is not an attack on anyone, as you may not know you are doing it just as I didn't earlier in the season). I mean, a breakaway goal where you cut to one side to score is perfectly acceptable, but a wraparound will score every time and should be unofficially banned.
Well, thanks for listening guys...
Jordan

P.S. I would like to apologize to the CAG I was playing tonight and shut off my Xbox. I just couldnt take it anymore, and refusing to fight just sent me over the edge. I get way too into these games lol. Anyway, I have had many great fair games with you before, so I don't know what happened. Anyway, sorry I quit on you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back