CAGHL II: Turbo ------ OLD THREAD LET DROP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kingdox, let me know when you can play. I sent you a pm yesterday, but I guess you have been away. If you can play tonight, let me know. If not, I can't play until Monday or Tuesday because I'll be at Star Wars Celebration III.

Good game last night sighlintbob,

I'm up for a rematch (just for fun) :p Hit me up, whenever i'm online!

------------------------------------

To all CAGHLers,

Who would be interested in some sort of METH invitational spring Tournament 2k5?

I know TJordan is ;)

[quote name='METH']To all CAGHLers,

Who would be interested in some sort of METH invitational spring Tournament 2k5?

I know TJordan is ;)[/QUOTE]
you know i'll be into that.

[quote name='thatstoobad']you know i'll be into that.[/QUOTE]

Good to know... :)

just to let everyone else know, i'm looking for 6-8 players. Nothing more than that.

What are we looking at with this tournament as far as dates and length? Is this going to be an extended one or just a few days in length? I might be gone for the summer, but I'd like to try my chances if the schedule works.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']What are we looking at with this tournament as far as dates and length? Is this going to be an extended one or just a few days in length? I might be gone for the summer, but I'd like to try my chances if the schedule works.[/QUOTE]

The tourney should be going on for only a few days. Last time (xmas), we played a "best of 3" tournament. This one might take the same format.

I am open to suggestions... (rules, settings)

So far it looks like we have half the spots taken. Team selection will occur once we get the enough players and a new thread will be posted on the boards.

I'm in of course! ;-)
I'll take the Devils please.

One thing though---PLEASE don't make the tournament start until May, because I am going to California for a week. I leave this Tuesday and get home the following Monday. This will affect my league games too...I guess I'll have to take the loss unless I can get my game in Monday night before I leave.

As for rules and settings in the tourney, I don't really have a preference.

I played Ultimate Matt X just now for my league game....it was really fun and a closely played game...the score definately doesn't reflect how tight of a match it was. Great game Matt!

Also, I'm looking to shake things up fon my Coyotes team and I will be proposing a lot of trades this week---check them out and send me some offers too. Thanks!

[quote name='METH']Good game last night sighlintbob,

I'm up for a rematch (just for fun) :p Hit me up, whenever i'm online![/QUOTE]

Yes. It was fun. I'll try and catch you online one night.

[quote name='METH']Who would be interested in some sort of METH invitational spring Tournament 2k5?

I know TJordan is ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm up for it!

[quote name='TJordan522']I'm in of course! ;-)
I'll take the Devils please.

One thing though---PLEASE don't make the tournament start until May, because I am going to California for a week. I leave this Tuesday and get home the following Monday. This will affect my league games too...I guess I'll have to take the loss unless I can get my game in Monday night before I leave.

As for rules and settings in the tourney, I don't really have a preference.

I played Ultimate Matt X just now for my league game....it was really fun and a closely played game...the score definately doesn't reflect how tight of a match it was. Great game Matt!

Also, I'm looking to shake things up fon my Coyotes team and I will be proposing a lot of trades this week---check them out and send me some offers too. Thanks![/QUOTE]

TJordan, i have no problem with kicking off the tournament on the first week of May.

It looks like the tourney idea is, once again, very popular.

Here's a quick list of the cheap asses who showed interest:

thatstoobad
SteveMcQ
CheapyD
EddieBelfour
TJordan522
sighlintbob
+
Me...

I would also like to send an invite to repetske, who's more than welcome to join the gang.

If repetske joins, we will have an 8-teams tournament. That would be perfect. More players would make things harder and tougher to keep up with.

Unfortunately, it looks like i won't be able to award a prize to the winner - BUT i'll try my best to get something from work. If anyone wants to throw in any kind of prize, please let us know ;) - or else we'll just play for fame & glory :p

I'll keep all of you guys updated until i get any news from repetske, then we'll make things official and team selection will begin. (yea yea TJordan you'll get your damn Devils lol)

[quote name='METH']TJordan, i have no problem with kicking off the tournament on the first week of May. [/QUOTE]
Thanks!
[quote name='METH']Unfortunately, it looks like i won't be able to award a prize to the winner - BUT i'll try my best to get something from work. If anyone wants to throw in any kind of prize, please let us know ;) - or else we'll just play for fame & glory :p [/QUOTE]
I don't mind not playing for a prize, although I have to admit I enjoyed playing for the prize last time and it was some extra motivation. Maybe if all 8 of the CAGs in the tournament chipped in $3 as an "entry fee", the winner of the tournament could get a Player's Choice/Platinum Hits game with the money. I'm fine with that-- even as a CAG I have $3 to spare. However, I would understand if not everybody was OK with this idea and didn't want to pay. It's just an idea I thought I'd throw out there--it could add an interesting aspect to the tournament.
[quote name='METH'](yea yea TJordan you'll get your damn Devils lol)[/QUOTE]
Lol, alright. It's just painful to have the Coyotes as my team in the league as such a hardcore Devils fan. :)

[quote name='TJordan522']Thanks!

I don't mind not playing for a prize, although I have to admit I enjoyed playing for the prize last time and it was some extra motivation. Maybe if all 8 of the CAGs in the tournament chipped in $3 as an "entry fee", the winner of the tournament could get a Player's Choice/Platinum Hits game with the money. I'm fine with that-- even as a CAG I have $3 to spare. However, I would understand if not everybody was OK with this idea and didn't want to pay. It's just an idea I thought I'd throw out there--it could add an interesting aspect to the tournament.
[/QUOTE]

my 2 cents,

I like your input, but i'm not a big fan of the money thing. Not because i cannot afford 3$ (that's 4.25 Canadian dollars ya know :p), but mostly because it would be hard to collect and manage the money everyone chips in. Unless someone has a genius (and easy) maybe we could work it out.

[quote name='METH']my 2 cents,

I like your input, but i'm not a big fan of the money thing. Not because i cannot afford 3$ (that's 4.25 Canadian dollars ya know :p), but mostly because it would be hard to collect and manage the money everyone chips in. Unless someone has a genius (and easy) maybe we could work it out.[/QUOTE]

PayPal?
But the chances everyone has that are slim.

Also, I just proposed a bunch of trades. If you don't like them, send me a counter-offer. As long as the trade is fair I'll go for it, I just want to see some new guys on my team lol.

[quote name='METH']Unfortunately, it looks like i won't be able to award a prize to the winner - BUT i'll try my best to get something from work. If anyone wants to throw in any kind of prize, please let us know ;) - or else we'll just play for fame & glory :p[/QUOTE]
i can always defend my "prince of persia: warrior within" xbox game that i won last time. it's not new anymore, but it's still a good prize, plus it might end up being more like a championship title. besides, after the end of the tournament, it'll be staying home with me anyways.

let me know what you guys think.

[quote name='thatstoobad']i besides, after the end of the tournament, it'll be staying home with me anyways.

let me know what you guys think.[/QUOTE]

laying down the smack talk...i like it

[quote name='thatstoobad']i can always defend my "prince of persia: warrior within" xbox game that i won last time. it's not new anymore, but it's still a good prize, plus it might end up being more like a championship title. besides, after the end of the tournament, it'll be staying home with me anyways.

let me know what you guys think.[/QUOTE]

Great idea... this will give me some time to come up with a new "championship title" for the 2K6 edition of the tournament.

oh and.....thatstoobad... you're going down ;)

How about I make a CAG Cup and send it to the winner (assuming that I am not the winner)? I can include a CAG t-shirt as well.

[quote name='CheapyD']How about I make a CAG Cup and send it to the winner (assuming that I am not the winner)? I can include a CAG t-shirt as well.[/QUOTE]

Great idea CheapyD, but what about we keep the CAG Cup for the season's winner and maybe give away the CAG T-shirt to the tournament's winner?

what do you guys think?

[quote name='METH']Great idea CheapyD, but what about we keep the CAG Cup for the season's winner and maybe give away the CAG T-shirt to the tournament's winner?

what do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

I say we should give away the CAG Cup and the CAG t-shirt both for the tournament. While giving away the Cup for the season is a good idea, if we give it away for the tournament it will get more use, since we have more tournaments than seasons.

Or maybe the CAG Cup could be used for both-- passed from winner of the tournament to winner of the season, and so on in the future.

Either way, great idea Cheapy!

I like this idea. Either way is fine with me, although i kind of like the idea of the T-shirt for the tournament and the CAG Cup for the winner of the season. In the spirit of the Stanley Cup, the winner could enjoy it for a greater period of time, making everyone envious!

Repetske/Silencer--
Next week, my game is against you. I am leaving for California on Tuesday morning though so I wanted to try and pre-schedule our game for sometime Monday. Anytime Monday from 3-8 EST would be fine. Please let me know if you'll be able to play then.
Thanks!
Jordan

i wanted to let everyone know that i got my game in with brad906, even though it didn't seem to register on the league site. it was close, but i ended up getting a couple good slap shots in.

[quote name='TJordan522']Repetske/Silencer--
Next week, my game is against you. I am leaving for California on Tuesday morning though so I wanted to try and pre-schedule our game for sometime Monday. Anytime Monday from 3-8 EST would be fine. Please let me know if you'll be able to play then.
Thanks!
Jordan[/QUOTE]
i also want to make sure you guys know that i don't think i can advance the schedule until the play-by date, which is the 26th, which is tuesday.

[quote name='TJordan522']Repetske/Silencer--
Thanks!
Jordan[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure he won't be back until late tonight or tomorrow from SW Celebration III and I believe he still wants to get his game in for this week.

[quote name='METH']

I would also like to send an invite to repetske, who's more than welcome to join the gang. [/QUOTE]

Heck yes I'm in if there is still room. I just got in from Star Wars Celebration III in Indianapolis. I made the drive home in 7 1/2 hours, unless someone on this site is involved with law enforcement, then it took me 10. I can't believe you guys start talking about a tourney as soon as I leave town. Thanks for at least keeping me in your thoughts.

Oh, and is anyone else creeped out by cheapy's new (at least newer) Robocop 2 avatar? I can just see cheapy sucking down some crazy red tube and flipping out. Okay maybe not, but I still find the avatar disturbing.

Welcome back. How'd you like our town? Guess I put up my thread too late about SW Celebration. Could have met up with a few CAGs and given 'em a tour of the city.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Welcome back. How'd you like our town? Guess I put up my thread too late about SW Celebration. Could have met up with a few CAGs and given 'em a tour of the city.[/QUOTE]

Damn. I can't believe I missed a chance for cheapassgamer/CAGHL meet up. I think Indy is a great city. It has all the perks of a large city without the insane traffic and crowds of the ATL. I thought this SW Celebration wasn't quite as much fun as the last one although I did get to see George and Billy Dee on Saturday. I scanned the forums looking for any Celebration threads, but I must have missed yours. What was your favorite part of the event? I would have to say mine was the one-man Star Wars.

Zewone and I got our game in.

I think I need some help with my shooting. I use the advance control settings and I've got the defensive moves down pretty well, but I have yet to figure out the manual deke. I hold L and Y and aim toward the goal before releasing it. Sometimes it works, but most of the time I don't even hit the net. Also I don't understand how to aim high/low when shooting a slap shot. Any tips?

[quote name='radjago']Zewone and I got our game in.

I think I need some help with my shooting. I use the advance control settings and I've got the defensive moves down pretty well, but I have yet to figure out the manual deke. I hold L and Y and aim toward the goal before releasing it. Sometimes it works, but most of the time I don't even hit the net. Also I don't understand how to aim high/low when shooting a slap shot. Any tips?[/QUOTE]

I use L and B for the manual deke on advance control settings. I think L and Y is a dump shot or slap dump shot. I can't offer any tips on the aiming side of things. It just takes some practice.

ok i updated the schedule. sorry it took me an extra day, but i've been having some problems with my computer regarding viruses and spyware and stuff (by the way, if anyone knows how to get rid of some "aurora"/"buddy" adware program thing from "direct revenue", i would appreciate you letting me know. i've searched online, but every site i go to has a different method of removal, and i think it is really system specific. adaware, spybot and the new microsoft anti-spyware thing can't pick it up yet, so i don't know what to do).

anyways, here's week 19's schedule:

Atlanta @ NY Islanders
Dallas @ Boston
Los Angeles @ Calgary
Columbus @ Colorado
New Jersey @ Detroit
Philadelphia @ Montreal
Phoenix @ NY Rangers
Tampa Bay @ San Jose
Toronto @ St. Louis

play by date is MAY 5.

[quote name='thatstoobad']ok i updated the schedule. sorry it took me an extra day, but i've been having some problems with my computer regarding viruses and spyware and stuff (by the way, if anyone knows how to get rid of some "aurora"/"buddy" adware program thing from "direct revenue", i would appreciate you letting me know. i've searched online, but every site i go to has a different method of removal, and i think it is really system specific. adaware, spybot and the new microsoft anti-spyware thing can't pick it up yet, so i don't know what to do).

anyways, here's week 19's schedule:

Atlanta @ NY Islanders
Dallas @ Boston
Los Angeles @ Calgary
Columbus @ Colorado
New Jersey @ Detroit
Philadelphia @ Montreal
Phoenix @ NY Rangers
Tampa Bay @ San Jose
Toronto @ St. Louis

play by date is MAY 5.[/QUOTE]

CheapyD, let me know when you are free to play our game. I will be online tonight from 7-ish to 10pm.

Thatstoobad, i want to let you know that i won't be able to play next week's game (week 20) because i'll be out of town from May 15th to the 22nd (E3 Baby!). I'm playing Dallas that week so it shoudn't be a problem unless they find a new owner.

To all the other CAGHLers, i will post a thread about the tournament later today, I'm looking forward to kick off this tourney early next week. I'll keep you all updated....

EDIT: Here's the link to the tournament's thread http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=929963#post929963

Hello everybody. I just put up a new article for the league site to try to add a little more (not much) excitement to the league. Let me know if you guys want me to do more or if you don't care, that's fine too. Just trying to help.

Also, thatstoobad, how do we update the leagues top story to say the correct week? Can only you do that or can other people as well?

[quote name='sighlintbob']I use L and B for the manual deke on advance control settings. I think L and Y is a dump shot or slap dump shot.[/QUOTE]
That might explain a few things. Thanks.

[quote name='radjago']Zewone and I got our game in.

I think I need some help with my shooting. I use the advance control settings and I've got the defensive moves down pretty well, but I have yet to figure out the manual deke. I hold L and Y and aim toward the goal before releasing it. Sometimes it works, but most of the time I don't even hit the net. Also I don't understand how to aim high/low when shooting a slap shot. Any tips?[/QUOTE]

All I know is A is to shoot the puck. :lol: I suck.

[quote name='repetske']Hello everybody. I just put up a new article for the league site to try to add a little more (not much) excitement to the league. Let me know if you guys want me to do more or if you don't care, that's fine too. Just trying to help.

Also, thatstoobad, how do we update the leagues top story to say the correct week? Can only you do that or can other people as well?[/QUOTE]

Good job repetske, i think the league's site is a great addition to the CAG thread that we have going on.

If you guys want new graphics on the main page - let me know! I'll send them to thatstoobad.

Let's keep it Alive!

[quote name='repetske']Hello everybody. I just put up a new article for the league site to try to add a little more (not much) excitement to the league. Let me know if you guys want me to do more or if you don't care, that's fine too. Just trying to help.[/QUOTE]

Very nice repetske! Does your boss know you spent all day working on this? LOL!

[quote name='sighlintbob']Very nice repetske! Does your boss know you spent all day working on this? LOL![/QUOTE]

No. And I didn't spend all day on that. Just longer than I would care to admit. My boss thinks I'm reconciling nursing home patient's payments to remittance advices. Wow. I'm boring myself.

Hey Meth. Check with thatstoobad about updating the main page. A new picture would be nice and maybe something at least showing it's week 19. Not that I'm complaining about the job he's done, but I don't see why contributors would be a bad thing.

guys please dont ruin an otherwise fun leauge with the man deke on anything other than breakaways. that is a crap goal and sometimes the stick even goes through peoples legs and it can really make your goalie play like crap especially after you played defense to take any shot away and then the man deke comes out and some scrub scores a goal through three guys bodies.

islanders, ill send you a pm later about when is good to play.

[quote name='repetske']Hey Meth. Check with thatstoobad about updating the main page. A new picture would be nice and maybe something at least showing it's week 19. Not that I'm complaining about the job he's done, but I don't see why contributors would be a bad thing.[/QUOTE]
i took care of updating it a bit. it would be cool if more people checked the league site and contributed a bit.

[quote name='EddieBelfour']guys please dont ruin an otherwise fun leauge with the man deke on anything other than breakaways. that is a crap goal and sometimes the stick even goes through peoples legs and it can really make your goalie play like crap especially after you played defense to take any shot away and then the man deke comes out and some scrub scores a goal through three guys bodies. [/QUOTE]
i don't think there's much to worry about with the guys in this league. at the very least you don't have to worry about it from me, since i don't even know how to do a manual deke. i tried once, it wasn't pretty.

[quote name='METH']Crazy French Canadian eh?[/QUOTE]

You said it.

Meth, thanks for contributing to the league site. Now I have something to look at while I'm at work. I can log in every five minutes to see if someone voted.

Thanks for the update thatstoobad. Way to toot your own horn. I don't blame you. I would too.

[quote name='repetske']Thanks for the update thatstoobad. Way to toot your own horn. I don't blame you. I would too.[/QUOTE]
hey now, i didn't say which team clinched a playoff spot.

[quote name='thatstoobad']i don't think there's much to worry about with the guys in this league. at the very least you don't have to worry about it from me, since i don't even know how to do a manual deke. i tried once, it wasn't pretty.[/QUOTE]

i think the reason i am against it is because its one of the most horribly abused goals, as im sure you might know since you have played this online a lot more than most. its actually rather easy to do, even on classic controls which i use since im old school.

i liked the "playoff preview" article and it makes me realize that down the stretch im going to need a goalie. letting in 6 goals (props to cheapy for handing me my ass) last week is not the way a championship team plays and i may have to bring up dafoe:whistle2:# since i have no one to trade

Now if only I could sign into the league website. I'm on the outside looking in now for the playoffs (it is the top 8 right?). I need a few people to help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back