CAGHL II: Turbo ------ OLD THREAD LET DROP

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='SteveMcQ']Now if only I could sign into the league website. I'm on the outside looking in now for the playoffs (it is the top 8 right?). I need a few people to help me out.[/QUOTE]

Why can't you sign into the league website? Also, I know we all had the discussion about how unfair it is that ties do seem to be won alphabetically, but if you ever look at the standing through the in-game league stats, it appears to rank the teams differently. I didn't know which ranking takes precedent over the other.

- Tournament update -

All 8 spots are now taken, tournament will be created tonight, you will then have to sign in before Saturday April 30th. More info later today.

[quote name='EddieBelfour']i've tried to contact the islanders about our CAGHL game to no avail.[/QUOTE]
i'm assuming you sent him a PM on here about it. if so, just give him some time. i played him last week (twice, actually) so he's probably just been busy the past few days.

if i do have to end up simulating the game, though, i'll remember.

Sorry I'm slow getting my game in this week. It's just because TJordan is out of town. I'm sure we'll play as soon as he gets back.

[quote name='thatstoobad']i'm assuming you sent him a PM on here about it. if so, just give him some time. i played him last week (twice, actually) so he's probably just been busy the past few days.

if i do have to end up simulating the game, though, i'll remember.[/QUOTE]

no doubt fam, im just making sure my been available for every game streak remains intact.

just to let everyone know, frankysox, the owner of the devils, has not had access to xbox live or anything else, which is why he hasn't played his games. he now has a new XBL account (simply "frankysox") and should be logging into the league soon.

now that just leaves dallas.

Hey everyone! Just got back from CA. Is it too late to play my game with Repetske? Send me a PM to arrange a good time. I would prefer Tuesday, Friday, or the weekend.
I will log into the tournament in a second...

[quote name='TJordan522']Hey everyone! Just got back from CA. Is it too late to play my game with Repetske? Send me a PM to arrange a good time. I would prefer Tuesday, Friday, or the weekend.
I will log into the tournament in a second...[/QUOTE]
yeah, there's certainly still time to get your game in. try to get it in tuesday, if you can, since i'm supposed to advance the schedule on thursday.

[quote name='TJordan522']Hey everyone! Just got back from CA. Is it too late to play my game with Repetske? Send me a PM to arrange a good time. I would prefer Tuesday, Friday, or the weekend.
I will log into the tournament in a second...[/QUOTE]

You up for playing tonight? I leave town tomorrow to work near South Carolina, but I might could drive to my parents house and play on my dad's Xbox one night this week. I can't play earlier than probably 7:00pm est any night this week since I have to drive about 30 miles through the country to get to my parent's house. Let me know if you can play tonight. My aim name is jrrepetske. I just realized this isn't a pm and is an actual post, but screw it. I forgot. Glad you made it back safe.

[quote name='repetske']You up for playing tonight? I leave town tomorrow to work near South Carolina, but I might could drive to my parents house and play on my dad's Xbox one night this week. I can't play earlier than probably 7:00pm est any night this week since I have to drive about 30 miles through the country to get to my parent's house. Let me know if you can play tonight. My aim name is jrrepetske. I just realized this isn't a pm and is an actual post, but screw it. I forgot. Glad you made it back safe.[/QUOTE]
Sure. How does 8 EST sound?

[quote name='TJordan522']Sure. How does 8 EST sound?[/QUOTE]

Lol. I meant tonight as in last night when I posted, not when you read it. I think the soonest I could play is Wednesday night. I might can play tonight, but I'll have to see how work goes today.

i just want to remind everyone that tomorrow (wednesday) is the last day to play your games.

darkjester and i got our game in tonight. it was a frantic third period and a pretty exciting game, as far as video game hockey goes.

[quote name='repetske']Lol. I meant tonight as in last night when I posted, not when you read it. I think the soonest I could play is Wednesday night. I might can play tonight, but I'll have to see how work goes today.[/QUOTE]

Oh sorry lol. Well, tonight is the last night to play them. The only time I'm really available is 9, since I have work til 6 and then SAT class.
Would this be OK?
If you can't play then, I understand--you can have the win since I was gone for an entire week...

Ugh...went to play my game with repetske/Silencer and about 10 minutes in we got a message that said the connection was too poor to continue and that we could abort or send the game to arbitration. I aborted but couldn't get back on. Give the win to Silencer....I'll have to wait till the playoffs to beat him ;-)

Hey TJordan. I tried to wait around, but you never got back online. I assume you lost your connection. Can I have the win since I was ahead 2-0 when we lost connection? I assume it was yours since I'm online now, but crazier things have happened. I was really hoping to take out my frustration from getting killed by Shadowcat in the 1st round of the tourney. Sorry this didn't work out. I was really hoping to play.

[quote name='repetske']Hey TJordan. I tried to wait around, but you never got back online. I assume you lost your connection. Can I have the win since I was ahead 2-0 when we lost connection? I assume it was yours since I'm online now, but crazier things have happened. I was really hoping to take out my frustration from getting killed by Shadowcat in the 1st round of the tourney. Sorry this didn't work out. I was really hoping to play.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I couldn't get back on....sorry I wasn't able to play you. You definately can have the win.

i advanced the schedule and i even remembered to update the league's top story on the site. anyways, here is how week 20 shapes up:

Detroit @ Atlanta
Boston @ San Jose
NY Rangers @ Calgary
Colorado @ Toronto
NY Islanders @ Columbus
Montreal @ Dallas
Phoenix @ Los Angeles
Philadelphia @ New Jersey
Tampa Bay @ St. Louis

play by date is may 12.

sorry you guys couldn't get your game in, tjordan and repetske.

thatstoobad...how would I handle a new GT? I got a Starter Kit free and I've been meaning to change GTs, but I don't know how that would affect my being in this league. Do I drop out of the league first, switch GTs, then sign up again or what?

Advice from anyone else would be appreciated. Should I wait 'till the last day of my current billing cycle then cancel? Thanks.

Hey zewone. Let me know when is good for you. I'll be in and out most of the weekend and home on Monday after 6:00pm est. Send me a pm if you get a chance.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']thatstoobad...how would I handle a new GT? I got a Starter Kit free and I've been meaning to change GTs, but I don't know how that would affect my being in this league. Do I drop out of the league first, switch GTs, then sign up again or what?

Advice from anyone else would be appreciated. Should I wait 'till the last day of my current billing cycle then cancel? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
1. i would wait until the last day of your billing cycle, it just makes more sense.

2. all you have to do is drop from the league with your old (current) gamer tag using the in-game options (or i can drop you, it doesn't really matter), and then sign in using your new gamer tag. i send you a league invite on the ESPN site, and then you have to accept the invite, which will be sent to your PM box there. i can't remember if you are the one that can't access the league site or not, but if that is you, there may be a slight problem with signing up under the new name, though i'm sure we could work it out.

PMed my opponent. And just a head's up for future opponents, I might be changing my GT to the same one as on this site. Might happen as early as this weekend. I'll post when I do so you can add me to your Friends List. Thanks.

Mr. Belfour and I played a great game the other night. It was probably the closest and most engaging match I've had all season. Too bad I let that SH goal slip by in OT.

[quote name='radjago']Mr. Belfour and I played a great game the other night. It was probably the closest and most engaging match I've had all season. Too bad I let that SH goal slip by in OT.[/QUOTE]

one bad pass my friend. you are by far the most sim player i have played in this leauge and i thank you for a good game. challenge me anytime, or lets play some halo. peace

[quote name='EddieBelfour']one bad pass my friend. you are by far the most sim player i have played in this leauge and i thank you for a good game. challenge me anytime, or lets play some halo. peace[/QUOTE]
I never really understood what made someone a "sim" player. I try to play the game like I would play hockey instead of trying to exploit the AI programming, so I guess that makes me more sim.

Yo zewone. I waited about 15 mintutes and you never showed. I'm going to log off and watch my show. If you want to play around 11:00pm EST, 8:00pm PST, just let me know.

*edited
You just showed up.

[quote name='radjago']I never really understood what made someone a "sim" player. I try to play the game like I would play hockey instead of trying to exploit the AI programming, so I guess that makes me more sim.[/QUOTE]

yeah, non simmers get the dills and thats exactly what a simmer isnt. you can do a thousand s moves and wrap arounds and win by 6 goals, but it will never be as fun as 3-2 in ot.

Tournament news :

Thatstoobad and his Ottawa Senators will face Sighlintbob and his Calgary Flames to determine the winner of the METH's Hockey tournament (spring edition).

Good luck to both teams!

I'm going to have a little meeting with the producer of NHL 2k5 (and 2k6) at E3.
Anything you guys want me to ask/mention?

thatstoobad--darkJester and I met up to play our game, but something screwy went down. Everytime either one of us challenged or accepted, it'd flash back and forth between the "Waiting for opponent" black screen and the League Menu screen.

After that, we'd get into the team select screen with the "Waiting for opponent" screen flashing off and on. After that, it'd just disconnect from the game. The time I accepted his challenge, he got kicked out of the team select screen and I switched to his team's side on the team select.

I don't know if that was something wrong with the server or what, but we tried a few times and couldn't get it to work.

It's fine if you just coin flip it to advance the schedule, but I'm not sure what he thinks of that. He has to leave on Thursday so this was our last chance at it.

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm going to have a little meeting with the producer of NHL 2k5 (and 2k6) at E3.
Anything you guys want me to ask/mention?[/QUOTE]

Tell him we want Brodeur on the cover. ;-)

Seriously though- I'll have to think of some stuff today that I would like to see in the upcoming games. I know there has always been some stuff I have wished the NHL games had.

How did this meeting come about? That's pretty cool.

[quote name='TJordan522']Tell him we want Brodeur on the cover. ;-)

Seriously though- I'll have to think of some stuff today that I would like to see in the upcoming games. I know there has always been some stuff I have wished the NHL games had.

How did this meeting come about? That's pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

I agree, put more frenchies on the cover ;)

Lecavalier on EA's NHL 2006
St.Louis on NHL 2K5....

If play hasn't resumed by the time the next game comes out the title should be changed stating, "Play already you little bitches."

The pic should be of a French Canadian in a beret smacking another unsuspecting French Canadian also in a beret with a baguette.

i just signed online with the intent to advance the schedule, but i'm getting the infamous "failed to get leagues" message. i'm not going to be able to advance them until tomorrow now since i won't be home tonight, so if anyone wants to try to get their games in later this evening, go for it.

that was mainly directed at the boston/san jose game. that was the game i picked as the one to watch, so get it in so i can see what happens.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']If play hasn't resumed by the time the next game comes out the title should be changed stating, "Play already you little bitches."

The pic should be of a French Canadian in a beret smacking another unsuspecting French Canadian also in a beret with a baguette.[/QUOTE]

Good one Steve...

Just so you know, we don't wear berets and we don't carry baguettes around...
This ain't France buddy - it's french CANADA ;)

Here's another cover idea, why not show an empty Nashville arena, since no one cares about nothing but Nascar over there anyway :p

i kidd i kidd!

[quote name='thatstoobad']i just signed online with the intent to advance the schedule, but i'm getting the infamous "failed to get leagues" message. i'm not going to be able to advance them until tomorrow now since i won't be home tonight, so if anyone wants to try to get their games in later this evening, go for it.

that was mainly directed at the boston/san jose game. that was the game i picked as the one to watch, so get it in so i can see what happens.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping we can get this game in tonight. We've had trouble setting up a good time to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back