CAGHL II: Turbo ------ OLD THREAD LET DROP

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='sighlintbob']Nice game thatstoobad! I thought I had a chance to tie the game in the 3rd, but I guess I hit one too many posts. At least I feel like I made you work for the victory. LOL.[/QUOTE]
yeah, it was a close one. i just got the bounces. good game.

Well, I'm not getting my game in this week since I'm playing an inactive team. I'd much rather play than take a free win, but oh well. We really need some replacements.

Hey thatstoobad. Can me and gomer have until saturday at noon to get our game in? I missed him on Sunday and now I'm stuck out of town until late Friday night. We need a sticky too. Why does the halo league get one and we keep getting no respect? Hockey fans are people too. Just very sad ones.

[quote name='repetske']Hey thatstoobad. Can me and gomer have until saturday at noon to get our game in? I missed him on Sunday and now I'm stuck out of town until late Friday night. We need a sticky too. Why does the halo league get one and we keep getting no respect? Hockey fans are people too. Just very sad ones.[/QUOTE]

^^^^
lol. yes we are. people and very sad.

[quote name='repetske']Hey thatstoobad. Can me and gomer have until saturday at noon to get our game in? I missed him on Sunday and now I'm stuck out of town until late Friday night. We need a sticky too. Why does the halo league get one and we keep getting no respect? Hockey fans are people too. Just very sad ones.[/QUOTE]
yeah, that's fine with me. i won't be home virtually all weekend, which means i won't really have a chance to advance the schedule, so in reality everyone has through the weekend to get their games in.

i think the reason that the halo thing gets a sticky and we don't is because everyone plays halo, which means they have many more knuckleheads, and chances are that the said knuckleheads would probably start a new topic every time they wanted to talk about how much they owned some kids on the foundation level.

i like to think there are less knuckleheads that play in our league, so we can figure out where to post. but then again, i'm biased.

[quote name='thatstoobad']
the said knuckleheads would probably start a new topic every time they wanted to talk about how much they owned some kids on the foundation level.
[/QUOTE]

ha.

matt. bkrobson is mia i think. let it go. you can play me if you want = )

i advanced the schedule this evening, here is the new one:

Colorado @ Atlanta
Columbus @ Boston
NY Islanders @ Calgary
Los Angeles @ Dallas
Detroit @ Tampa Bay
Phoenix @ Montreal
San Jose @ New Jersey
Toronto @ NY Rangers
St. Louis @ Philadelphia

games should be done by april 18.

i want to pose a question to everyone: do you think we'll be able to get this thing to the end? i mean, do any of you think we should maybe end the season early? at the rate which the games are being played, it's going to be a while before we get to the playoffs. i'm not really sure how i feel about the idea, so i would like to see what the rest of you think.

[quote name='thatstoobad']
i want to pose a question to everyone: do you think we'll be able to get this thing to the end? i mean, do any of you think we should maybe end the season early? at the rate which the games are being played, it's going to be a while before we get to the playoffs. i'm not really sure how i feel about the idea, so i would like to think what the rest of you think.[/QUOTE]

I'm in favor of continuing to play through the season. Maybe we just have to stick to the set time frame to get games in and advance the schedule, even if everyone isn't able to get their game in on time. At least, everyone has a fair shot to determine their own fate this way. Just a thought.

I agree with sighlintbob. I think we should play the season all the way through. If you don't get your game in or decide to never show up, oh well--that's your fault, and you will slowly drop out of playoff contention throughout the season.

METH, when is good for you to play? I can play any night at 8 EST except Thursday.

Zewone, let me know when you can play. Saturday would probably be best for me but if you're unavailable I might be able to get in a weekday game.

And I'm also in favor of playing the entire season.

TJordan:
Same goes for me, 8 pm ET. is perfect. I'll be online tonight.

As for the league.... I'd rather play the rest of the season, simply sim games as soon as the week's deadline arrives. We're almost done with the season anyways.

[quote name='METH']TJordan:

As for the league.... I'd rather play the rest of the season, simply sim games as soon as the week's deadline arrives. We're almost done with the season anyways.[/QUOTE]

how many games are left? we should have done this jawn on a faster time frame. two games of hockey per 7 days wouldnt have been bad, but there have been some slackers in the place.

[quote name='EddieBelfour']how many games are left? we should have done this jawn on a faster time frame. two games of hockey per 7 days wouldnt have been bad, but there have been some slackers in the place.[/QUOTE]

There's 10 games left to be played.

Meth just wants to end the season while he's on a hot streak. I don't mind having to sim more games either. Sometimes I just get stuck on the road and can't really play until the weekend. I would rather see the schedule consistently moving than everyone getting their games in.

[quote name='repetske']Meth just wants to end the season while he's on a hot streak. [/QUOTE]

HEY! I never said that !?? :p

[quote name='METH']TJordan:

As for the league.... I'd rather play the rest of the season, simply sim games as soon as the week's deadline arrives. We're almost done with the season anyways.[/QUOTE]

I'm so stupid! I forgot I had hockey practice tonight at 8! But tomorrow, Wednesday, and Friday at 8 are good.
Lol sorry about that...

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Game between Colorado and Atlanta played. Good game EddieBelfour.[/QUOTE]

yeah man, same to you. that was an actually rather disgusting game. 9 goals and they were all scored within minutes of each other. youd score, id score, youd score id score. tough loss to take but gg none the less.

Yeah, that last goal sucked for me. All my defensemen skated away from the crease. It was pretty funny though watching your guy take the shots two feet away from goal.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Yeah, that last goal sucked for me. All my defensemen skated away from the crease. It was pretty funny though watching your guy take the shots two feet away from goal.[/QUOTE]

yeah. with two minutes left and my 2nd line out which played the best that game, i had about 6 shots uncontested, one was bound to go in. thats my beef with playing on pro: the AI isnt as good as allstar, but you have to make more of an effort to play defense, where as on all star setting, those guys would have never left the crease. you cant be every guy on the ice at the same time, nah mean.

[quote name='Brad906']Zewone, let me know when you can play. Saturday would probably be best for me but if you're unavailable I might be able to get in a weekday game.

And I'm also in favor of playing the entire season.[/QUOTE]

PM sent. I'm in favor of playing the entire season as well.

METH and I attempted out game tonight...I was up 3-2 with 2 minutes left in the third when we lost our connection. I guess METH's internet went down--he hasn't been on Live or AIM since then. ESPN didn't credit me with the win though, which is good so METH and I can play again when he gets his internet back.

[quote name='TJordan522']METH and I attempted out game tonight...I was up 3-2 with 2 minutes left in the third when we lost our connection. I guess METH's internet went down--he hasn't been on Live or AIM since then. ESPN didn't credit me with the win though, which is good so METH and I can play again when he gets his internet back.[/QUOTE]
so does that mean i should reset the results? i'm assuming it does, but i want to be sure before i do.

Columbus and Boston in the books. Good game Ultimate Matt X. I was a little suprised that the game wasn't closer with all of the shots you were ripping on me. My goalie decided he was going to stop everything all of a sudden. Glad we could get the game in.

[quote name='thatstoobad']so does that mean i should reset the results? i'm assuming it does, but i want to be sure before i do.[/QUOTE]

Did it give me the win?? I'm pretty sure it didn't give anyone the win so I don't think anything needs to be reset.

OK, I see it did give me the win on the website. Don't reset it until we hear from METH I guess. That way if he doesn't get his internet back in time to play the game we can just leave it at the 3-2.

[quote name='TJordan522']OK, I see it did give me the win on the website. Don't reset it until we hear from METH I guess. That way if he doesn't get his internet back in time to play the game we can just leave it at the 3-2.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that, my connection went down last night but it's back up now. It gave you the win and it's all good, i wouldn't mind playing again but it's no big deal it was late in the third and TJordan's defence was incredible, i really don't know how i could've scored.

Great game man, can't wait for the rematch ;)

[quote name='METH']Sorry about that, my connection went down last night but it's back up now. It gave you the win and it's all good, i wouldn't mind playing again but it's no big deal it was late in the third and TJordan's defence was incredible, i really don't know how i could've scored.

Great game man, can't wait for the rematch ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was a great game up to that point...I definately don't mind replaying the game. How about Friday at 8?
You can reset it to 0-0 now thatstoobad.

Played a nice game with gomer today. Too bad I broke my headset afterwards when I dropped the controller to answer the phone.

I've got it all rubberbanded up for now.

[quote name='TJordan522']Yeah, it was a great game up to that point...I definately don't mind replaying the game. How about Friday at 8?
You can reset it to 0-0 now thatstoobad.[/QUOTE]
ok, it's been taken care of. game on, as they say.

[quote name='TJordan522']Yeah, it was a great game up to that point...I definately don't mind replaying the game. How about Friday at 8?
You can reset it to 0-0 now thatstoobad.[/QUOTE]

Yay ! I'll be online around 8pm, GAME ON!

just wanted to let you guys in on the fact that i played an 8 overtime game yesterday but lost 2-1 after Biron stopped 124 shots. it was in another leauge that im in and the game went on for a good 2 hours.

I've had a couple of long ones, but nothing like 8 OT's. It's a shame someone had to lose.

On a different note. Am I the only one who noticed how quick some of the games have been played this week? It's been impressive, most impressive, to me.

i was actually playing some halo with the CAG clan the other night and there were a few guys in the baseball leauge saying they cant believe the only leauge that made it was CAGHL. for all the guys who dropped without being men about it i think we have had a rather good season and i am proud of you guys for getting your games in (sniffle). even though we will be playing for another 30 weeks, im glad that ive been a part of the leauge.

as far as my 11 period hockey game goes, it is a shame that someone had to lose and im glad to say it wasnt on a bs goal. :bouncy:

Hey thatstoobad. Are you still going to advance the schedule at midnight tonight? I hope so, because I would really like to get my next game in tomorrow night.

the schedule has been advanced. the new play by date is april 26. here's the new schedule:

Atlanta @ Philadelphia
Montreal @ Boston
Detroit @ Calgary
Colorado @ Tampa Bay
Phoenix @ Columbus
New Jersey @ Dallas
NY Rangers @ Los Angeles
St. Louis @ NY Islanders
Toronto @ San Jose

since new jersey and dalls "play" each other this week, hopefully all the other games will get done.

Z, Let me know what time works for you. I'm good evenings on the weekdays and afternoons on weekends. Sunday and Wednesday nights are not good for me either.

And clean out your PM box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back