CAGHL II: Turbo ------ OLD THREAD LET DROP

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Brad906']bkrobson never got in touch with me about our game...[/quote]
i think he may have dropped of the face of the eart. or at least the face of CAG. he hasn't gotten a game in for the past few weeks now.

the calgary/toronto game got played, so i'll be advancing the schedule either very late tonight (after midnight) or early tomorrow morning.

Well, never heard from my opponent this week after I sent him a PM. Hopefully next week I face someone who cares enough to reply and help set up something.

Big dirty and me never got a game going, I gave him a PM but he wasn't able to play when I was free.

I didn't try very hard to follow up because I was sick this past week. Sorry I didn't get my game played.

I'll try harder to get my next game played.

[quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='Brad906']bkrobson never got in touch with me about our game...[/quote]
i think he may have dropped of the face of the eart. or at least the face of CAG. he hasn't gotten a game in for the past few weeks now.

the calgary/toronto game got played, so i'll be advancing the schedule either very late tonight (after midnight) or early tomorrow morning.[/quote]

Sorry I wasn't able to get it in, I try really hard to play all of my games.

thatstoobad,

can we drop some teams or we always have to replace them with someone new... the participation level has been horrible in the last few weeks.

We should clean up that league or something.

[quote name='METH']thatstoobad,

can we drop some teams or we always have to replace them with someone new... the participation level has been horrible in the last few weeks.

We should clean up that league or something.[/quote]
i wish i could, but i'm pretty certain that the number of teams in the league can't be changed once the season has started. right now i'm thinking we need replacements for dallas and new jersey (again), since bkrobson has missed 4 games in a row and the devils guy only played his first game against me. maybe i should have let him win.

[quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='METH']thatstoobad,

We should clean up that league or something.[/quote]
i wish i could, but i'm pretty certain that the number of teams in the league can't be changed once the season has started. right now i'm thinking we need replacements for dallas and new jersey (again), since bkrobson has missed 4 games in a row and the devils guy only played his first game against me. maybe i should have let him win.[/quote]

Let him the win!!! Hey that's not fair for us veterans caghlers! ;)

well hopefully a replacement for NJ will be named this week because i'm playing against them next week :?

Its a damn shame to see my old 2nd place team get such crappy treatment by these lousy owners, but I guess thats what happens when they get handed a 2nd place team on a silver platter without having to earn that standing. Have they even won a game since I owned them?

alright, sorry i've been so lazy, but here's this week's schedule:

Los Angeles @ Atlanta
Boston @ Tampa Bay
Calgary @ Phoenix
Detroit @ Colorado
Columbus @ San Jose
Dallas @ St. Louis
New Jersey @ Montreal
Toronto @ NY Islanders
Philadelphia @ NY Rangers

games should be done by march 25.

i guess meth and i will try to get ahold of our opponants (i play dalls, he plays new jersey). if they don't respond, i will open up the teams for replacements. awesome.

[quote name='manofpeace20']Have they even won a game since I owned them?[/quote]
only if you count a simulated game. i don't.

[quote name='thatstoobad']

i guess meth and i will try to get ahold of our opponants (i play dalls, he plays new jersey). if they don't respond, i will open up the teams for replacements. awesome.[/quote]

Alright, whoever has NJ, please let me know when you can play. thanks

[quote name='TJordan522']Zewone and I are working out a time for our game. Also, why don't we bring manofpeace back as the Devils?[/quote]
he didn't ask. if he wants to, that's fine with me.

[quote name='TJordan522']I played my game against zewone. It was a really good game zewone![/quote]

It was, I thought my defense was doing okay, until the 3rd. :( Good game.

Just PMed you radjago. Hopefully we can get our game in at 430pmEST. PM me if you have a time that works better. I should be able to play anytime tonight before 930pm EST. I'd prefer earlier though. Thanks.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']bigdirty,

Let me know when you can play. I should be able to set a game up pretty easy over the next few days.[/quote]

yeah you should, too busy running away from me.

[quote name='METH']I PMed FrankySox (NJDevils), i'm waiting for his reply.

is he still around?[/quote]
that's what i'm wondering about bkrobson.

I got in touch with sighlintbob and he said earliest he could play is Sunday night since he's on his honeymoon. Is the 2 day wait after the deadline ok for us to get our game in?

[quote name='METH']I PMed FrankySox (NJDevils), i'm waiting for his reply.

is he still around?[/quote]
I've seen him on Live a few times within the last week. I'm not sure if he's on the boards much.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']I got in touch with sighlintbob and he said earliest he could play is Sunday night since he's on his honeymoon. Is the 2 day wait after the deadline ok for us to get our game in?[/quote]

Lol. I'm glad to see he's keeping his priorities straight.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']I got in touch with sighlintbob and he said earliest he could play is Sunday night since he's on his honeymoon. Is the 2 day wait after the deadline ok for us to get our game in?[/quote]
that's fine with me.

Still haven't heard from FrankySox and his Devils - PMed him on the Espn website also + haven't seen him online.

*bump*

if anyone wants to take over as new jersey or dallas, you are now more than welcome to.

by the way, i noticed that my team's overall plus/minus number is 187. i think that's because my offense murders the other team's goalie.

Jester and I are having some trouble getting in our game. We set up a time to play, but he got home late and we didn't get the game in. We rescheduled, but then I had to go out so we didn't get that game in either. I couldn't contact him when CAG was down but I will now so we can hopefully play.

Anyway, regarding the two vacant teams, I say we offer manofpeace his Devils back and we draft the Stars like my brother proposed earlier.

[quote name='Brad906']Jester and I are having some trouble getting in our game. We set up a time to play, but he got home late and we didn't get the game in. We rescheduled, but then I had to go out so we didn't get that game in either. I couldn't contact him when CAG was down but I will now so we can hopefully play.

Anyway, regarding the two vacant teams, I say we offer manofpeace his Devils back and we draft the Stars like my brother proposed earlier.[/QUOTE]
if you think you guys can get your game in soon, i'll hold off on advancing the schedule. if you don't see it happening, let me know and i'll just go ahead and advance it.

as far as the teams go, if manofpeace wants the devils back that's fine with me (i think i said that already). however, i don't want to draft the stars. when people switch teams, it messes up something in the espn stats and schedules, and i don't have the ability to trade players from another team without their consent.

I sent him a PM, so i think we may get our game in. If he doesn't write back though within a day I'll let you know.

[quote name='METH']Whats up with the NJ situation? am i going to be able to play this week?

thanks[/QUOTE]
no, i think you and i don't get to play our games this week. lame.

Well, Jester hasn't PMed me back regarding our game yet so I don't want to keep the league waiting...I guess you should go ahead and advance it within the next day or so.

ok, the schedule has finally been advanced. here is week 16's schedule:

Atlanta @ San Jose
Boston @ St. Louis
Colorado @ Calgary
Dallas @ Columbus
Montreal @ Detroit
Los Angeles @ Toronto
Phoenix @ New Jersey
Philadelphia @ NY Islanders
Tampa Bay @ NY Rangers

i don't expect to get the games involving new jersey and dalls done, but let's try to get the rest in quickly.

[quote name='sighlintbob']let me know what day is good for you thatstoobad. i'm available most evenings.[/QUOTE]
i sent you a PM with the times i can play. get back to me when you can.

Wow, Cheapy and I just played our game and it was the most ridiculous shootout ever. I basically stole the win from Cheapy. The final score was 6-5 me, but I only scored 3 legit goals. One Cheapy put in on himself, the other I stole from Esche and poke checked the puck into the net between his legs, and perhaps the most unbelievable came with 30 seconds left in a 5-5 tie. I dumped the puck in for an icing, Esche goes out and plays it along the boards. I chase it down with my forechecker, shoot from BEHIND THE NET, and it goes off of his back and in as he is scrambling to get back into position.
Great game Cheapy, you deserved the win.

Meth, I guess we missed each other today. I felt like crap this morning and didn't get out of bed until about 2. Let me know what evening we can play this week.

Nice game thatstoobad! I thought I had a chance to tie the game in the 3rd, but I guess I hit one too many posts. At least I feel like I made you work for the victory. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back