CAGHL II: Turbo ------ OLD THREAD LET DROP

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='TJordan522']Nice job repetske! You beat the (previously assumed) unbeatable![/quote]

"If it bleeds, we can kill it."

SteveMcQ - sighlintbob (Xbox Live Tag is Shadowcat) should be taking over tomorrow once he gets the invite from thatstoobad. I helped him get his network going at his new place earlier today and we played a couple of games to test it out.

ok, here's the new list of all the players in the league:

atlanta thrashers - eddiebelfour (Nick Zero)
boston bruins - sighlintbob (Shadowcat)
calgary flames - zewone (zewone)
colorado avalanche - stevemcq (MSBphilin)
columbus blue jackets - ultimate matt x (ultimate matt x)
dallas stars - bkrobson (bkrobson)
detroit red wings - radjago (radjago)
los angeles kings - kingdox (kingdox)
montreal canadiens - meth (xMETHx)
new jersey devils - ajh2298 (ajh2298)
new york islanders - Brad906 (Master91Chief)
new york rangers - repetske (silencer)
philadelphia flyers - cheapyd (cheapyd)
phoenix coyotes - TJordan522 (NJDevilsFan)
san jose sharks - bigdirty (eldirty)
st louis blues - thatstoobad (thatstoobad)
tampa bay lightening - gomer1andonly (gomer v1)
toronto maple leafs - flybrione (bigmes)

the new addition being: boston bruins - sighlintbob (Shadowcat)

I would like to apologize in advance to everyone that has to play sighlintbob (Shadowcat). He's one of the best players that I know of and has been kicking my butt for years. Sorry to bring him aboard. Hopefully he won't make the playoffs. :twisted:

[quote name='TJordan522']Hey flybrione---any luck?[/quote]

No luck whatsoever. I have given up as I can not find a solution to the problem I tried some more over the weekend and the game just will not boot up.

I am now officially retiring from CAGHL II Turbo.

It has been a really great time playing everyone and I hope to play some of you on other games that actually work and are not glitch ridden.

thatstoobad you are gonna have to drop me from the league because I can get the game to work.

Thanks FLYBRIONE

[quote name='flybrione'][quote name='TJordan522']Hey flybrione---any luck?[/quote]

No luck whatsoever. I have given up as I can not find a solution to the problem I tried some more over the weekend and the game just will not boot up.

I am now officially retiring from CAGHL II Turbo.

It has been a really great time playing everyone and I hope to play some of you on other games that actually work and are not glitch ridden.

You are gonna have to drop me from the league because I can get the game to work.

Thanks FLYBRIONE[/quote] :( Sorry you couldn't get it to work...

Thanks for the welcome SteveMcQ. Maybe our paths will cross again and you can get your revenge. Repetske...I'm flattered! You've probably officially jinxed me now.

[quote name='thatstoobad']tonight is supposed to be the last night for games...

obviously the toronto/phoenix game isn't happening, but how about the other 2?[/quote]

Dallas / Detroit is going to be played tuesday afternoon.

[quote name='bkrobson'][quote name='thatstoobad']tonight is supposed to be the last night for games...

obviously the toronto/phoenix game isn't happening, but how about the other 2?[/quote]

Dallas / Detroit is going to be played tuesday afternoon.[/quote]

Okay, now that I've been thoroughly trounced, you can advance the schedule. Nice game, bkrobson.

week 11 is now up. here's the schedule:

Atlanta @ St. Louis
Los Angeles @ Boston
Dallas @ Calgary
Montreal @ Colorado
New Jersey @ Columbus
San Jose @ Detroit
NY Rangers @ NY Islanders
Toronto @ Philadelphia
Tampa Bay @ Phoenix

play by date is feb. 10th.

we need another replacement. maybe someday we'll have everything together.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Montreal...let me know when you can play. Sometime over the weekend would be great.[/quote]

Sure! i'm *almost* always available on Saturday afternoons or Thursday and friday nights from 7pm Eastern time.

Add me to you AIM : xMETHxLive

and PM me to let me know when you're ready to play.

ok, we now have a replacement for toronto, and everything is set. for now at least.

here's the newly updated list of players:

atlanta thrashers - eddiebelfour (Nick Zero)
boston bruins - sighlintbob (Shadowcat)
calgary flames - zewone (zewone)
colorado avalanche - stevemcq (MSBphilin)
columbus blue jackets - ultimate matt x (ultimate matt x)
dallas stars - bkrobson (bkrobson)
detroit red wings - radjago (radjago)
los angeles kings - kingdox (kingdox)
montreal canadiens - meth (xMETHx)
new jersey devils - ajh2298 (ajh2298)
new york islanders - Brad906 (Master91Chief)
new york rangers - repetske (silencer)
philadelphia flyers - cheapyd (cheapyd)
phoenix coyotes - TJordan522 (NJDevilsFan)
san jose sharks - bigdirty (eldirty)
st louis blues - thatstoobad (thatstoobad)
tampa bay lightening - gomer1andonly (gomer v1)
toronto maple leafs - darkJester (JesterOZ)

notice, the new player is here:
toronto maple leafs - darkJester (JesterOZ)

ARRRGGHH!! I am so frustrated! Me and gomer just played our game (I won 8-1.) However, for whatever reason ESPN did not record this and thinks our game is still unplayed.

Once gomer confirms that I did indeed win, can you make the ESPN site/game say that I won thatstoobad? Thanks. The only downside to this is that all of those 8 goals and their multiple assists don't go to my players for the scoring race. Oh well.

Let me know,
Thanks

2 more things:

1. I'm happy to see we now have a complete league again. Welcome Jester!

2. Wait a second....I take that back. On the ESPN site it says NJ has "No User." What happened to ajh?

Nice game Brad906. Your defense was really smothering and I can appreciate your liberal use of the hooking feature. It totally shut down my breakaways. I don't even think our game was as close as the score.

Yeah, great game--you played really really well and scored some awesome goals (how about that one off the back!). And sorry about the excessive hooking-my right control kept getting stuck and everytime my guys skated near you they whacked you (sorry). at least you got a lot of power plays :) I like to use the hook/slash but not that much! lol

Anyway, great game--I personally thought it was really close.

[quote name='TJordan522']Once gomer confirms that I did indeed win, can you make the ESPN site/game say that I won thatstoobad?[/quote]
yeah, that's fine. as long as gomerv1 posts here confirming, i don't care. that's between you two.

[quote name='TJordan522']2 more things:

1. I'm happy to see we now have a complete league again. Welcome Jester!

2. Wait a second....I take that back. On the ESPN site it says NJ has "No User." What happened to ajh?[/quote]
something tells me that ajh8457438959 may have gone AWOL. he hasn't actually played a game yet, so i don't know if he dropped out of the league or what.

ajh683763492, if you inadvertantly dropped out of the league somehow, i sent you a league invite so you can sign back in. if you dropped out on purpose, please confirm that you won't be playing. thanks.

[quote name='Brad906']Yeah, great game--you played really really well and scored some awesome goals (how about that one off the back!). And sorry about the excessive hooking-my right control kept getting stuck and everytime my guys skated near you they whacked you (sorry). at least you got a lot of power plays :) I like to use the hook/slash but not that much! lol

Anyway, great game--I personally thought it was really close.[/quote]

Don't apologize at all for that. I really respect a lock down d that's not afraid to take some penalties. I usually have about 20 penalty minutes a game. I think I only had 4 against you for some reason. And I really enjoyed that 20 foot high deflection that went in. That's got to be my cheapest goal ever. Good luck in the rest of your games.

[quote name='repetske'][quote name='Brad906']Yeah, great game--you played really really well and scored some awesome goals (how about that one off the back!). And sorry about the excessive hooking-my right control kept getting stuck and everytime my guys skated near you they whacked you (sorry). at least you got a lot of power plays :) I like to use the hook/slash but not that much! lol

Anyway, great game--I personally thought it was really close.[/quote]

Don't apologize at all for that. I really respect a lock down d that's not afraid to take some penalties. I usually have about 20 penalty minutes a game. I think I only had 4 against you for some reason. And I really enjoyed that 20 foot high deflection that went in. That's got to be my cheapest goal ever. Good luck in the rest of your games.[/quote]

Thanks, good luck to you too. That goal was awesome. It hung in the air for soooo long and I was waiting for it to go out of play but...lol it didn't. Also, you were AMAZING at faceoffs, you must have won 98% of them. And if it weren't for my extremely lucky 4th goal off of a blue line shot I took just to get it out of my zone that happened to go in, I have a feeling we would've gone to OT. It was a fun game, and hopefully I can play you again later.

well, ajh45748393937 declined my league invite, so i guess that means he's out of the league. good job.

this means we yet again need a replacement. awesome.

Yeah, he won the game, that score, I swear I need to learn the manual shooting thing cause I swear I played my ass off on D but there was one point that each shot on goal went in (it was like 3 or 4 in a row between the first and second period). Anyways, good game, hope the league gets fixed some year lol.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Yeah, he won the game, that score, I swear I need to learn the manual shooting thing cause I swear I played my ass off on D but there was one point that each shot on goal went in (it was like 3 or 4 in a row between the first and second period). Anyways, good game, hope the league gets fixed some year lol.[/quote]

Yeah, you played a great game. It was a lot closer than the score in terms of the play--I just got really lucky because I was taking some wrist shots from just inside the blue line that I was tucking into the corner off the post and in. (couldn't do it that many times ever again lol)

And the manual shot does really help...I had to convert to it to be able to compete in this league.

[quote name='TJordan522']Hmmmm. I think we should disband the Devils and have a "draft" of their players. Last place gets first pick, and so on.[/quote]
i was thinking of something a little similar. but instead of a draft, i'm going to make a few trades with the devils. i'm thinking i'll trade by bryce salvador, murray baron, and jamal mayers for new jersey's patrik elias, scott neidermayer, and scott stevens. i'm also considering a second trade that will send cajanuk and sejna to new jersey for gomez and john madden. they seem like two pretty fair trades to me, so chances are that i'll approve it.

I would be more than willing to take over New Jersey. Either that or trade all of the Rangers players for all of New Jersey, except for Jagr and Holik, and I'm not all that attached to them.

[quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='TJordan522']Hmmmm. I think we should disband the Devils and have a "draft" of their players. Last place gets first pick, and so on.[/quote]
i was thinking of something a little similar. but instead of a draft, i'm going to make a few trades with the devils. i'm thinking i'll trade by bryce salvador, murray baron, and jamal mayers for new jersey's patrik elias, scott neidermayer, and scott stevens. i'm also considering a second trade that will send cajanuk and sejna to new jersey for gomez and john madden. they seem like two pretty fair trades to me, so chances are that i'll approve it.[/quote]

Lol--but seriously, disbanding the team and "drafting" their players would be cool.

[quote name='repetske']I would be more than willing to take over New Jersey. Either that or trade all of the Rangers players for all of New Jersey, except for Jagr and Holik, and I'm not all that attached to them.[/quote]

If anyone gets them its me! :)

[quote name='TJordan522'][quote name='repetske']I would be more than willing to take over New Jersey. Either that or trade all of the Rangers players for all of New Jersey, except for Jagr and Holik, and I'm not all that attached to them.[/quote]

If anyone gets them its me! :)[/quote]

What makes you think you are qualified to own this team? I think a team draft would be cool as long as TJ doesn't get Scott "wrap-around" Gomez. :)

[quote name='repetske'][quote name='TJordan522'][quote name='repetske']I would be more than willing to take over New Jersey. Either that or trade all of the Rangers players for all of New Jersey, except for Jagr and Holik, and I'm not all that attached to them.[/quote]

If anyone gets them its me! :)[/quote]

What makes you think you are qualified to own this team? [/quote]

Being the biggest Devils fan ever! Duh! :wink:
What do you expect from my Live ID...I worship the Devils.

[quote name='repetske'] I think a team draft would be cool as long as TJ doesn't get Scott "wrap-around" Gomez. :)[/quote]

Lol--I wouldn't get him. He wouldn't be left by the time the "draft" came to me. I'd probably pick Gionta, since he is my favortie other than Brodeur.

thatstoobad, I seriously think we should do this draft thing. It would be a fun way to deal with the quitting of the owner and would add some drama and excitement to the league. What does everyone else think?

By the way thatstoobad, if we really do go through with this cool draft thing, feel free not to award me my win vs. Tampa until after the draft. :wink:

[quote name='TJordan522']thatstoobad, I seriously think we should do this draft thing. It would be a fun way to deal with the quitting of the owner and would add some drama and excitement to the league. What does everyone else think?[/quote]
well, i'd rather get a replacement so there aren't any "bye" weeks. it doesn't really matter, though, because it's kind of impossible really. if you notice (though you'd only notice if you were looking to make a trade), when you are in the "create trade" area, and you're choosing the team you want to make an offer to, new jersey doesn't come up, since there's no owner for the team. so we're going to have to find a replacement. hopefully.

or maybe i'm lying and the next person who plays me may notice scott gomez centering my 2nd line. who knows.

[quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='TJordan522']thatstoobad, I seriously think we should do this draft thing. It would be a fun way to deal with the quitting of the owner and would add some drama and excitement to the league. What does everyone else think?[/quote]
well, i'd rather get a replacement so there aren't any "bye" weeks. it doesn't really matter, though, because it's kind of impossible really. if you notice (though you'd only notice if you were looking to make a trade), when you are in the "create trade" area, and you're choosing the team you want to make an offer to, new jersey doesn't come up, since there's no owner for the team. so we're going to have to find a replacement. hopefully.

or maybe i'm lying and the next person who plays me may notice scott gomez centering my 2nd line. who knows.[/quote]

Lol, you don't need Gomez.
But I really want to do the cool draft thing. A bye week wouldn't be all that bad. And you could take over the Devils just for the draft and then leave them afterwards. Please? lol I really think it would be fun.

i'm just bumping this since it dropped a bit, and these games still need to be played:

Los Angeles @ Boston
Dallas @ Calgary
New Jersey @ Columbus
Toronto @ Philadelphia

the phoenix/tampa game will be simmed with tjordan getting the win. hopefully we can get a replacement for new jersey, as i don't really want to draft the new jersey team.

I'm trying to coordinate a time to get the LA vs Boston in. Kingdox is West Coast and i'm East Coast. Hopefully we can take care of it tonight.

Anyone up for some exhibition games tonight around 9:00 EST? Maybe even a short tourney? I don't know. I've just been hooked on this game again and one game a week is just not enough.

[quote name='bkrobson']when is the deadline this week?[/quote]

The 10th. When can you play? I'm free pretty much anytime in the evening.

[quote name='repetske']Anyone up for some exhibition games tonight around 9:00 EST? Maybe even a short tourney? I don't know. I've just been hooked on this game again and one game a week is just not enough.[/quote]

I might be available. I'll send you a game invite if I am home.

one game left: calgary/dallas. you two always play your games, so i'll hold off until the end of today to advance the schedule, so hopefully you can get it in today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back