CAGHL II: Turbo ------ OLD THREAD LET DROP

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='manofpeace20']Looks like the replacement you had for NJ wasnt much of one.[/quote]
well there's someone who hasn't been around in a while. what happened, have you been unbanned?

and no, it certainly wasn't much of a replacement at all.

Hey thatstoobad,
Is there any way we could add something next to the team and player names in the listing to indicate if they play with the headset or not? It's always kind of nice to know who is going to be speaking in advance. I've been meaning to ask this for a while but I always think about it when away from my computer. If people want to verify that they use a headset, I'll start by saying that I know me, sighlintbob, and meth use them.

[quote name='repetske']Hey thatstoobad,
Is there any way we could add something next to the team and player names in the listing to indicate if they play with the headset or not? It's always kind of nice to know who is going to be speaking in advance. I've been meaning to ask this for a while but I always think about it when away from my computer. If people want to verify that they use a headset, I'll start by saying that I know me, sighlintbob, and meth use them.[/quote]

I use one but haven't much lately due to most others not using it, just kinda gave up on trying.

Just to let you all know, I'm not much of a conversationalist in-game. That's because I have no game to speak of, but I'd gladly talk if you start up the conversation. Just the usual "damn that was a great goal" or "how did you do that?" type of thing.

I tried to get my game in with Bkrobinson, but he never responded to this thread or the PM I sent him. I don't know what you want to do thatstoobad. Whatever happens is fine by me.

I've been noticing that people keep coming in out of the blue and joining the league to get sweet teams like Detroit, New Jersey, Boston, etc. Perhaps we could do some sort of team waiver wire where current owners would have the option to drop their current team and take over the abandoned one. We could do it in order of ranking from worst to first. Obviously someone really high in the standings wouldn't want to drop their team, but it just seems weird for someone to join the league and instantly be in the playoff hunt. All we would have to do is put in a 3-day waiver wire for people to pm thatstoobad with their add and drop and then fill the rest of the leagues open teams after that. Just an idea, so don't murder me for it.

[quote name='repetske']Hey thatstoobad,
Is there any way we could add something next to the team and player names in the listing to indicate if they play with the headset or not? It's always kind of nice to know who is going to be speaking in advance. I've been meaning to ask this for a while but I always think about it when away from my computer. If people want to verify that they use a headset, I'll start by saying that I know me, sighlintbob, and meth use them.[/quote]
alright. i'll try and keep track. personally, i don't use one. i don't like it.

[quote name='zewone']I tried to get my game in with Bkrobinson, but he never responded to this thread or the PM I sent him. I don't know what you want to do thatstoobad. Whatever happens is fine by me.[/quote]
i simulated the game last night. i wasn't sure what to do, since both of you usually play your games, so i just flipped a coin. you were heads and he was tails. tails won. if i dropped the ball on that, and you feel that you should have received the win, i'm sorry, but i wanted to advance the schedule and i figured that would be the fairest way to do it. again, if you should have gotten the win, i apologize.

[quote name='repetske']I've been noticing that people keep coming in out of the blue and joining the league to get sweet teams like Detroit, New Jersey, Boston, etc. Perhaps we could do some sort of team waiver wire where current owners would have the option to drop their current team and take over the abandoned one. We could do it in order of ranking from worst to first. Obviously someone really high in the standings wouldn't want to drop their team, but it just seems weird for someone to join the league and instantly be in the playoff hunt. All we would have to do is put in a 3-day waiver wire for people to pm thatstoobad with their add and drop and then fill the rest of the leagues open teams after that. Just an idea, so don't murder me for it.[/quote]
it's a good idea, but there's a problem. we had someone try to switch teams before, and it messed up the schedule. if i remember correctly, manofpeace20 switched teams to play the new jersey game and also the rangers game for the person who dropped out. then, the next schedule had him playing two people as the same team or something. it was really screwy. that's why i don't really want to deal with people switching teams, as to avoid problems. you do bring up a valid point, though, and hopefully we can come up with a solution to the problem.

also, frankysox says he will be signing in as the devils soon, hopefully at least. i play new jersey this week, and i would like to not have to sim the game.

here is week 12's schedule:
Atlanta @ Tampa Bay
Boston @ Toronto
Columbus @ Calgary
NY Rangers @ Colorado
San Jose @ Dallas
Phoenix @ Detroit
Philadelphia @ Los Angeles
NY Islanders @ Montreal
St. Louis @ New Jersey

the play-by date is february 19.

I don't have a problem. I probably would have lost if we played anyway. I'll get my game in for sure this week. Matt X has been on my Friend's list for awhile. I see him on all the time.

[quote name='Brad906']Hey METH,

When is good for you?[/quote]

I was just going to ask that... you caught me off.

hmm I'll be online saturday from 11am to 2:30pm Eastern time.

Monday-Tuesday nights from 7:30pm to 11pm ET.

and Wednesday from 7pm to 8:30pm ET.

Let me know what time would be the best for you. Just PM me when you're ready.

[quote name='METH'][quote name='Brad906']Hey METH,

When is good for you?[/quote]

I was just going to ask that... you caught me off.

hmm I'll be online saturday from 11am to 2:30pm Eastern time.

Monday-Tuesday nights from 7:30pm to 11pm ET.

and Wednesday from 7pm to 8:30pm ET.

Let me know what time would be the best for you. Just PM me when you're ready.[/quote]

OK, well my brother is playing at around 2 tomorrow so I will try to catch you between 11 and 1.
I'll PM you tomorrow.
Brad

[quote name='Brad906']My Xbox froze up before opening faceoff, and it gave Meth the win. Can you reset the game? Thanks![/quote]
the game's been reset.

[quote name='Brad906']My Xbox froze up before opening faceoff, and it gave Meth the win. Can you reset the game? Thanks![/quote]

Yo,

I'll be on xbox live tonight from 7:30pm to 11-ish pm ET.

PM if you want to play...or message me on AIM.

[quote name='METH'][quote name='Brad906']My Xbox froze up before opening faceoff, and it gave Meth the win. Can you reset the game? Thanks![/quote]

Yo,

PM if you want to play...or message me on AIM.[/quote]

OK, I'll be on at 7. But I warn you in advance, I think my copy of the game is fried...I tried to play some Live games yesterday and it froze before the faceoff on every one of them.

[quote name='Brad906'][quote name='METH'][quote name='Brad906']My Xbox froze up before opening faceoff, and it gave Meth the win. Can you reset the game? Thanks![/quote]

Yo,

PM if you want to play...or message me on AIM.[/quote]

OK, I'll be on at 7. But I warn you in advance, I think my copy of the game is fried...I tried to play some Live games yesterday and it froze before the faceoff on every one of them.[/quote]

Alrighty, we'll just have to stay in touch on AIM. See you then.

Hey METH--really sorry but I'm gonna have to put off our game till tomorrow. The AHL All Star game is on at 7 and I am hockey starved.
Plus, ESPN tech support sent me a long complicated list of things to do to get my NHL to work that I will try to do before tomorrow. Thanks-hopefully you see this, I will try to IM you if I see you on.

zewone,

Can we play Friday or Saturday sometime? I got a paper this week that if I don't get done I'm pretty much screwed and haven't got much gaming in except for the occasional Halo 2 match.

this has dropped a ways down, so i'm just bumping as a reminder to get your games in.

these games still need to be played:

Boston @ Toronto
Columbus @ Calgary
San Jose @ Dallas
Philadelphia @ Los Angeles
NY Islanders @ Montreal
St. Louis @ New Jersey

my game with new jersey should be done tonight.

also, here's a running list of those who use headsets and who don't. it seems as though i'm probably one of the only ones who doesn't.

atlanta thrashers - eddiebelfour (Nick Zero)
boston bruins - sighlintbob (Shadowcat) *uses headset*
calgary flames - zewone (zewone)
colorado avalanche - stevemcq (MSBphilin) *uses headset*
columbus blue jackets - ultimate matt x (ultimate matt x)
dallas stars - bkrobson (bkrobson)
detroit red wings - radjago (radjago)
los angeles kings - kingdox (kingdox)
montreal canadiens - meth (xMETHx) *uses headset*
new jersey devils - ajh2298 (ajh2298)
new york islanders - Brad906 (Master91Chief)
new york rangers - repetske (silencer) *uses headset*
philadelphia flyers - cheapyd (cheapyd) *uses headset*
phoenix coyotes - TJordan522 (NJDevilsFan)
san jose sharks - bigdirty (eldirty)
st louis blues - thatstoobad (thatstoobad) *does not use headset*
tampa bay lightening - gomer1andonly (gomer v1) *uses headset*
toronto maple leafs - darkJester (JesterOZ)

thatstoobad,

Sorry but i don't think that me and Brad906 (NYI) will be able to play week 12.

Brad906 had problems with his game early this week and he'll be gone for the weekend. He told me that he would give me the win, but this is your call man.

sorry about that.

Yeah, METH can have the win. It was my game that screwed up over the weekend and Monday and Tuesday. METH had to work late Wednesday, I was out Thursday, and METH is at work today before I leave for the weekend. Sorry we couldn't get the game in...

i was supposed to advance the schedule today, but only four games have been played so far. one game (NYI/Montreal) has been confirmed as not being played, but i'm not going to sim 5 games, so i guess i'm going to wait until at least two more games are played.

it's only one game a week.

kingdox and I just played our game.
Now with NHL season officially gone, i'm really glad we have the CAGHL.

zewone, I'm ready to play whenever. I've PMed ya and sent you some messages on Halo. I can play later tonight possibly and if not since it doesn't seem like the schedule is being advanced I can do it late tomorrow or early afternoon too.

alright guys, four games still need to be played. i am not advancing the schedule until AT LEAST one of the games has been played. so it is up to these teams to come through:

Boston @ Toronto
Columbus @ Calgary
San Jose @ Dallas
NY Islanders @ Montreal

[quote name='CheapyD']Now with NHL season officially gone, i'm really glad we have the CAGHL.[/quote]
hopefully we'll be able to get a TV deal for next season.

[quote name='thatstoobad']alright guys, four games still need to be played. i am not advancing the schedule until AT LEAST one of the games has been played. so it is up to these teams to come through:

Boston @ Toronto
Columbus @ Calgary
San Jose @ Dallas
NY Islanders @ Montreal

[quote name='CheapyD']Now with NHL season officially gone, i'm really glad we have the CAGHL.[/quote]
hopefully we'll be able to get a TV deal for next season.[/quote]

I PMed Brad906 (NYI), we'll try to get our game done tonight.

[quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='CheapyD']Now with NHL season officially gone, i'm really glad we have the CAGHL.[/quote]
hopefully we'll be able to get a TV deal for next season.[/quote]

i thought we already had one with NBC :wink: . i have a headset, but i dont use it in leauge games cause that shit is real. or the fact that most people i run into online play hockey mad bitch and complain if you score anyway. i havent had any probs in hurr though, which is a good thing.unless im playing matt x and need to get into his head, thats the only time i use a headset.

holy crap. what the hell happened in that columbus/calgary game?

either way, the schedule will be advanced tonight after midnight (or maybe early tomorrow morning).

The Blue Jackets are back and ready to roll, that's what happened. :)

Seriously, poor zewone probably got the worst goalie AI in the history of the game. I had 6 goals on 18 shots in the first period. I didn't really do anything special either.

[quote name='"EddieBelfour'] i have a headset, but i dont use it in leauge games cause that shit is real. or the fact that most people i run into online play hockey mad bitch and complain if you score anyway. i havent had any probs in hurr though, which is a good thing.unless im playing matt x and need to get into his head, thats the only time i use a headset.[/quote]

That's why I was pushing for people to use their headsets. So really nice trash talking can happen as relationships build and since I think just about everyone in the league is on the same page. The first game or two against someone might have bland conversations, but they usually pick up after a while and it's nice to have a personality to go with the team.

It always feels like I'm just playing the computer when people don't use the headsets. I can understand if people just don't prefer them, but I would hope this league would all be in good fun with a more friendly atmosphere. Kind of an escape from all the little kids screaming about how they hate losing or that I suck and should just quit. Lol. Just my 2 cents.

ok, i've been gone all day, so i just now advanced the schedule.

New Jersey @ Atlanta
Boston @ Phoenix
Calgary @ St. Louis
Los Angeles @ Colorado
Columbus @ Toronto
Philadelphia @ Dallas
NY Islanders @ Detroit
Tampa Bay @ Montreal
San Jose @ NY Rangers

get your game done by march 3.

as far as the headset thing goes, i just prefer not to use it because i don't like it. i feel like i'm being distracted or something, and i really hate talking on the phone, which is kind of the same thing. what can i say? i'm a loser.

Sighlintbob and I are going to play either tonight or tomorrow.

And about the headsets, I'll use one if my opponent really wants me to, but I don't like it that much because I get distracted since I feel like I have to think of something to say. But whoever plays me, if you want to use it that's cool.

I'll PM Radjago about our game. Sorry I couldnt get my game in with METH last week thatstoobad. We tried really hard, we just weren't available at the same time.

Awesome game gomer! one of the best in my season so far! Maybe this is the start to a great rivalry....who knows!

[quote name='EddieBelfour']are the devils taken yet? im not sure who my opponent is this week.[/quote]
yes, it's CAG user FrankySox. his XBL name is slydog320. he played against me last week, so we finally got a replacement that will play his games. send him a PM. i forgot to update the first post in the thread with his name. i'll do it now.

Well, my five game winning streak ended last night. I lost 6-3 to sighlintbob. It was a really close game, way closer than the score reflects. I thought the game would end 0-0 but then he scored like 3 goals in 30 seconds and I could never catch up.

Great game sighlintbob!

Yes...great game indeed! It really was a lot closer than the score reflected. I think I had like 2 shots on goal in the entire 1st period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back