CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

[quote name='GamerDude316']. Youre no better than Mog or Hem or any of the other cheesers in these leagues.[/QUOTE]

have we ever even played lol???

Now the story of a competitive league that lost a lot of its members and one commissioner who had no choice but to try and keep them all together. It's Madden Development.

Can someone Tell me who I (Raiders) play if they have a chance?

I only have my phone right now and eas website isn't too kind with my phone. I'm out of town until tomorrow around mid afternoon so figured id get a jumpstart to Pm my opponent earlier.

[quote name='Flyersfan']Can someone Tell me who I (Raiders) play if they have a chance?

I only have my phone right now and eas website isn't too kind with my phone. I'm out of town until tomorrow around mid afternoon so figured id get a jumpstart to Pm my opponent earlier.[/QUOTE]

You play Atlanta (slofton)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']You play Atlanta (slofton)[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. Didn't get a chance to see this until now but better than waiting to see it on Madden around 5 pm est (hopefully) when I get home from the airport.

Sent him a pm.

I don't think anyone really cares anymore. Here's the playoff picture anyway.

AFC
1. (Y) Ravens (13-0)
2. (X) Titans (11-2)
3. (Y) Broncos (11-2)
4. Jets (7-6)
5. Texans (9-5)
6. Bengals (8-5)

In the Hunt:
Bills (7-6)
Raiders (7-6)
Chargers (7-6)

NFC
1. (Y) 49ers (13-0)
2. (Y) Giants (12-1)
3. (Y) Saints (9-4)
4. Lions (8-4)
5. (X) Redskins (10-3)
6. Vikings (7-6)

In the Hunt:
Bears (6-7)
Seahawks (6-7)

I think this is it. My first time ever clinching the playoffs. It's damned time.

[quote name='Dark Rider']I don't think anyone really cares anymore. Here's the playoff picture anyway.

AFC
1. (Y) Ravens (13-0)
2. (X) Titans (11-2)
3. (Y) Broncos (11-2)
4. Jets (7-6)
5. Texans (9-5)
6. Bengals (8-5)

In the Hunt:
Bills (7-6)
Raiders (7-6)
Chargers (7-6)

NFC
1. (Y) 49ers (13-0)
2. (Y) Giants (12-1)
3. (Y) Saints (9-4)
4. Lions (8-4)
5. (X) Redskins (10-3)
6. Vikings (7-6)

In the Hunt:
Bears (6-7)
Seahawks (6-7)

I think this is it. My first time ever clinching the playoffs. It's damned time.[/QUOTE]

I still have fun playing :joystick:

I believe we play this week. When can you play? I can go after 1030 pm est tonight and tomorrow 3-8pm est.

[quote name='dr0ppinL0adz']Oh wow... im in the playoffs? Lol It feels like I havent played a game in a long while[/QUOTE]

Technically, you aren't. However, since you and the Bills have the same record, and he isn't playing; I put you in the spot. You're welcome! ;)

[quote name='Flyersfan']I still have fun playing :joystick:

I believe we play this week. When can you play? I can go after 1030 pm est tonight and tomorrow 3-8pm est.[/QUOTE]

PMing you.

Bengals vs chargers going down sunday at 8 eastern 7 central possibly depending on the availabity of zolor. He said he was very busy the others days so i hope we can play this game.

[quote name='Superstar']Sent a message to the Eagles owner.[/QUOTE]

No response yet, though I admit i just sent him a message today, and the deadline is tomorrow. He hasn't sent a message either. I am not sure if the Eagles are a CPU team or not?

[quote name='Superstar']No response yet, though I admit i just sent him a message today, and the deadline is tomorrow. He hasn't sent a message either. I am not sure if the Eagles are a CPU team or not?[/QUOTE]

They're definitely not a CPU team. He was in talks with DvO just this past week about playing, but then wasn't able to make it. Not sure if he's out of town, but for anyone waiting on responses, just make it known, and if you still haven't heard anything, I'll have those people on auto pilot by tomorrow (though, the Eagles should still be on auto...so, if you don't hear back from him by tomorrow, just go ahead and play the game).

DVO, have you checked to see if the Chargers were on auto already? I feel like he was one of the teams that was already switched. If not, I'll get to it when I play my game (whether I play Kaster or the CPU).

And, yes, sicsonic, the Panthers have been CPU for most of this season. Go ahead and play that game.

Limping to the end, here, but at least we'll get there. Should be a good 2 month break though. I feel like we all need a battery recharge.

chargers are not on auto pilot i checked last night before i asked. but no worries i wont be on to play till around 10 or 11 central tonight anyways

Yeah...so, I'm going to explain this one before anybody lights me up for it, lol. After Kaster gave me the go ahead to play his CPU, they played one of the worst games I've ever seen. Without really much effort, I found myself up 42-0 with 3:30 left in the 2nd quarter. Needless to say, CJ, Locker, Cook, etc. all came out of the game at that point. Christian Ponder played horrifically. He was something like 2-13 in the 1st half, with 5 INTs and 1 fumble. I had one pick 6, and the other times, kept getting the ball inside the Vikings 30 yard line.

Even when I had long fields, CJ had a 77 yard TD run, Kendall Wright had a 49 yard curl route where the CB fanned on the tackle, then Kendall Hunter came in for CJ and had a 61 yard TD run of his own. It was ridiculous in all aspects. It probably would have been even worse if my DBs didn't start dropping INTs in the 2nd half. Definitely proves my point about stupid AI though. Down, 63-0 in the 4th quarter, Ponder is still going 5 wide and airing the ball out. Stupid, stupid game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update on Eagles\Saints

scrub0bk said he couldn't play until Monday. I then told him that the deadline was sunday (today). He then said he MIGHT be able to get on tonight. I asked him to let me know ASAP, but haven't heard anything yet.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah...so, I'm going to explain this one before anybody lights me up for it, lol. After Kaster gave me the go ahead to play his CPU, they played one of the worst games I've ever seen. Without really much effort, I found myself up 42-0 with 3:30 left in the 2nd quarter. Needless to say, CJ, Locker, Cook, etc. all came out of the game at that point. Christian Ponder played horrifically. He was something like 2-13 in the 1st half, with 5 INTs and 1 fumble. I had one pick 6, and the other times, kept getting the ball inside the Vikings 30 yard line.

Even when I had long fields, CJ had a 77 yard TD run, Kendall Wright had a 49 yard curl route where the CB fanned on the tackle, then Kendall Hunter came in for CJ and had a 61 yard TD run of his own. It was ridiculous in all aspects. It probably would have been even worse if my DBs didn't start dropping INTs in the 2nd half. Definitely proves my point about stupid AI though. Down, 63-0 in the 14th quarter, Ponder is still going 5 wide and airing the ball out. Stupid, stupid game.[/QUOTE]

14th quarter? That's gotta be some kind of record ;)

[quote name='GamerDude316']14th quarter? That's gotta be some kind of record ;)[/QUOTE]

LMAO...that's what I get for typing that while my wife was giving me "suggestions" on what to get done today.

[quote name='Superstar']Update on Eagles\Saints

scrub0bk said he couldn't play until Monday. I then told him that the deadline was sunday (today). He then said he MIGHT be able to get on tonight. I asked him to let me know ASAP, but haven't heard anything yet.[/QUOTE]

He's on auto. So, if you don't hear from him and NEED to get it done, that's your call.

R u we going to be advancing soon the chiefs bengals game is set for 4 central and we both have small windows for the next 4 days

Playoff Picture:

AFC
1. (Y) Ravens (13-1)
2. (X) Titans (12-2)
3. (Y) Broncos (12-2)
4. Jets (8-6)
5. Texans (10-4)
6. Bengals (9-5)

In the Hunt:
Bills (7-7)
Raiders (7-7)
Chargers (7-7)

NFC
1. (Y) 49ers (14-0)
2. (Y) Giants (13-1)
3. (Y) Saints (10-4)
4. Lions (9-5)
5. (X) Redskins (11-3)
6. Bears (7-7)

In the Hunt:
Vikings (7-7)
Seahawks (6-8)
Cowboys (6-8)

Yeah, I don't think there's any way this is the new look. If you notice, cheapassgamer.com just goes straight to the forum index now. I'm guessing they got the posts moved and just put this up as soon as they could since they went almost three times past their 12 hour estimate. It does look horrendous though. From the little bit I've poked around at, I think some of the new features might even be decent, if the white background wasn't so freaking blinding. I'm fully expecting normal CAG colors to take over though. Unless, of course, CheapyD is doing his best Microsoft impression, lol.

Yea this new layout is going to take some getting used to. The jets will be able to play around 9pm central... not sure who I play. I think n8? I'll have to check. Probably will be using xbox live messaging to get to my next opponent

Yea this new layout is going to take some getting used to. The jets will be able to play around 9pm central... not sure who I play. I think n8? I'll have to check. Probably will be using xbox live messaging to get to my next opponent
Yeah, you play me. 9PM CST sounds great. Thank you for posting this. I would have had an aneurysm trying to figure out how to send PM's with this new layout. It's so crazy the things that just naturally happen to you as you get older, as though you have no say over anything. I don't like change! lol. *shakes fist*

Can't fucking wait to be done with this piece of shit game. It's just that KNOWING that when you need it, you can call a little zig zag route to the TE and he'll beat a defender with 88 MCV that makes me sick. "Oh, I might get stopped. Time to bust out the TE again!" I can't even say this speaks for dr0ppinl0adz character because he played a fair game (other than some super active and aggressive one by one shifting of defenders early in the game that was getting him some ridiculous pressure and having DE's upright on the line of scrimmage). But this God damned titty fucking game is so cheesy. It makes me sick that a god damn tech demo indie game has better programming than this flaming pile of garbage.

EDIT - In other news, no shaq-fu'ing with the new layout. fuck fuckity fuck fuck fuck!!! Lick my sweaty nut sack, EA.

EDIT 2 - Wait...what? But there it is... So I can't fuck...but I can be fucking? Well, that's just dandy.

God damn, if I look at the stats for that game, it's even more brilliant. Tebow completes 5 passes to MY team, and 5 to his own...3 to the TE. Most statistical categories were in my favor, doesn't matter. Hilarious shit.

1. I NEVER shifted any of my linemen one by one. The LE and RE stand when I do 3-3-5 prowl formation. I used the analog left and right to move all my linemen and LB's. Only time I moved someone was the safeties to put them in position for the outside run. And the reason I got so much pressure early was bc I was blitzing 6 or 7 guys.

2. It was a TE option play, not a zigzag route. It was either a comeback route or he goes out depending on the coverage. I threw 5 INTs that game... so I wasnt going to throw to Marshall again and Santonio and Williams were covered. If you want to call it cheap that's fine but when I played Dark Rider that play never worked so I don't see how it's a gimme. Keller just ran an out route. I ran that play against you a few times and it didn't always work. Plus he's my 3rd best receiver... not like he's just another TE

Anyways, gg. I'll just substitute a WR in that slot so I don't hear this again next time.

I'm just saying, there are a good number of people who play Madden who purposefully look to their TEs when the chips are down and they need a big play. And I'm not sure if they could win with the same frequency if that crutch wasn't there.

Someone ask Brady, Manning, Brees, or any successiful QB if they look for their TE on 3rd down and they need a conversion, personally I have no problem with it. Thats why the option is there. If I think hes going to the TE I dbl him up with me covering as well. 

Someone ask Brady, Manning, Brees, or any successiful QB if they look for their TE on 3rd down and they need a conversion, personally I have no problem with it. Thats why the option is there. If I think hes going to the TE I dbl him up with me covering as well.
Are you seriously trying to say that Madden plays like real life? Says the guy who has 32 sacks with one of his defenders and somethng like 17 INTs with Patrick Willis. If you enjoy playing an arcadey football game, that's fine. But don't even try to act like this game reflects real football. That's laughable.

Either way, doesn't matter. League's almost done.

Are you seriously trying to say that Madden plays like real life? Says the guy who has 32 sacks with one of his defenders and somethng like 17 INTs with Patrick Willis. If you enjoy playing an arcadey football game, that's fine. But don't even try to act like this game reflects real football. That's laughable.
Willis has 17 INTs bc I cover the TEs, and by doing that has caused the QB to hold on the ball longer, which has allowed Robinson to get 32 sacks, ask anyone Ive played and they will tell you that. the majority of my sacks are from coverage. Majority of my picks are from ppl forcing passes.

Changing the subject to something worth discussing. Has anybody in here played this game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7VJ4lP-05A

For numerous reasons, I've been gravitating toward PC gaming lately, and I picked this up in the Indie Humble Bundle this week (still on sale for another 5 days...you can get like 4 games for $1 or 10 games for under $6 total...crazy deal). I played through this one last night, and man, what an experience. There's not really any "game" here, but if you can appreciate storytelling and the total immersion of art and music, this game delivers. Definitely a nice change of pace from the Shooter/Sports/Racing that 99% of today's games offer.

bread's done
Back