CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

If you like that game go check out "To the Moon"
I'll definitely look into it. I've just really been into new experiences with gaming lately. There's a video on Youtube of a guy playing Dear Esther on the Oculus Rift and he makes it sound like it's just incredible. To me, that's next gen...not having picture in picture with my game and Internet Explorer or ordering a pizza from my system, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Changing the subject to something worth discussing. Has anybody in here played this game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7VJ4lP-05A

For numerous reasons, I've been gravitating toward PC gaming lately, and I picked this up in the Indie Humble Bundle this week (still on sale for another 5 days...you can get like 4 games for $1 or 10 games for under $6 total...crazy deal). I played through this one last night, and man, what an experience. There's not really any "game" here, but if you can appreciate storytelling and the total immersion of art and music, this game delivers. Definitely a nice change of pace from the Shooter/Sports/Racing that 99% of today's games offer.
PC Gaming is where it's at. I love how you can mod pretty much anything you want. I remember modding NBA 2k12 and putting the Brooklyn Nets in there, jerseys, home court, everything. So much more fun... not to mention those cheap ass sales they have all the time. If you go to MicroCenter and buy a high-end video card, they'll usually also throw in 2 or 3 free new games. And by new, i mean like just-released games. it's nuts

Agreed. I love consoles with friends but my god PC gaming is amazing. I know it's a silly question, but you're using steam, right?

Agreed. I love consoles with friends but my god PC gaming is amazing. I know it's a silly question, but you're using steam, right?
Not sure if this question was for me, but yeah, I'm using Steam. I really like it because it does a great job almost replicating a console experience. Everything is neat and organized. You can launch all your games from one place (even non-Steam games). It has achievements, friends list, chat, etc. Then, throw in a controller and the Big Picture mode, and it really starts to feel like a console...but with way more options and cheaper games. Obviously, it's not for everyone, and it helps if you're comfortable opening up a computer and replacing parts and/or building a system yourself.

it's crazy. I've really been WAY more excited about the Oculus Rift than I have about Xbox One or PS4...and I have to continuously stop myself from ordering one of the dev kits for $300, knowing that it's nowhere near as good as the consumer version will be. It's just the type of device that brings back my desire to be an early adopter. At this point, I doubt there's anything Microsoft or Sony could do to give me that feeling.

Well my 0-16 season is now complete and my coach has officially retired from the shame.  It's been fun playing with everyone, but I think I'm done with the Browns and Madden for awhile.  Maybe I'll be back for Madden 2015.

Well my 0-16 season is now complete and my coach has officially retired from the shame. It's been fun playing with everyone, but I think I'm done with the Browns and Madden for awhile. Maybe I'll be back for Madden 2015.
Good game. For anyone wondering, we talked during the game. I can totally understand. It's sounds like Matt was really burnt out even this year. I don't think playing with the Browns helps that.

In our discussion, I am not even sure if I will pick up Madden 25. I am so burnt out at this point. Hopefully, I will recover by then.

Also, Broncos secure playoff bye. Reggie is back next week. It's going to be a good way to close out the season.

Well my 0-16 season is now complete and my coach has officially retired from the shame. It's been fun playing with everyone, but I think I'm done with the Browns and Madden for awhile. Maybe I'll be back for Madden 2015.
Good game. For anyone wondering, we talked during the game. I can totally understand. It's sounds like Matt was really burnt out even this year. I don't think playing with the Browns helps that.

In our discussion, I am not even sure if I will pick up Madden 25. I am so burnt out at this point. Hopefully, I will recover by then.

Also, Broncos secure playoff bye. Reggie is back next week. It's going to be a good way to close out the season.
So, I have nothing to play for in Week 17. And I can't even sim the game against the CPU Colts because I can't trust Madden to not play all my starters and injure them. EA Sports...we're retarded.

In related news, I started playing that Thomas Was Alone game on Steam today...and is it sad that I think it's a better game than Madden?

I'm a steam junkie. My steam acct is sitting at a little over 1k last time I checked. Which makes me both proud and sad lol

I'm completely stoked for the new Xbox. I might get it day 1. It looks like a system completely built for me.

So, I have nothing to play for in Week 17. And I can't even sim the game against the CPU Colts because I can't trust Madden to not play all my starters and injure them. EA Sports...we're retarded.

In related news, I started playing that Thomas Was Alone game on Steam today...and is it sad that I think it's a better game than Madden?
Yep, I would just burn through it quickly and play the CPU.

I was pretty impressed with Thomas was Alone. I got stuck on a puzzle early on. I will get back to it eventually. Actually, what I was really impressed with was Little Inferno. It's a lot more fun than it looks like it will be. It also has a pretty good twist during the story of the game. I added you as a friend on steam.

I think most of the playoff seeding is pretty much set. I believe that this is how it should work out. There could be some upsets, but I think this will be close.

AFC:

Bye:

Ravens

Broncos

Wild Card Round:

Titans (3rd) vs Jets (6th)

Texans (4th) vs Bengals (5th)

NFC:

Bye:

49ers

Giants

Wild Card Round:

Saints (3rd) vs Bears (6th)

Lions (4th) vs Redskins (5th)

Edit: WOAH! The new forum fused my posts together. That's pretty cool!

Any of you who want to be my steam friend can shoot me a request. My username is the same, I believe. I'm not on steam much right now because my gaming computer isn't hooked up right now but in the fall I'll be all about it. We can all play civilization 5 together :D

Hey darkrider the bengals will play either the titans or jets becuz the jets won there division so the texans and bengals are the wildcard. Who i play all depends on what madden picks since the texans and i have the same record

Sorry to my last couple of opponenets, i haven't been around much so i really wasn't able to get in my last couple games. It didn't help that i wasn't having much fun with madden this year anymore though. I'll be grabbing 25 for sure though, i know i'll be in full football swing by then, hope everyone is around!

Holy cow.  Is ANYONE still considering getting an Xbox One over PS4?  With all of the DRM bullshit, and the PS4 being more powerful, the only plusses I can see to the One is the controller and the TV features.

Sony killed it tonight by just staying status quo.  Microsoft is trying to tear down the industry, Sony is keeping it stable.

Not to mention MS's shitty shitty shitty support for indie games.  Sony is giving them an entire platform.

Also, sorry to the one or two opponents that tried to get in touch with me later in this season.  I hadn't been contacted in so long to play a game that I pretty much forgot about the ones I was asked to play.  I was in a strict "if you contact me I'll play but if not, F it" mode but it went too far D:

Holy cow. Is ANYONE still considering getting an Xbox One over PS4? With all of the DRM bullshit, and the PS4 being more powerful, the only plusses I can see to the One is the controller and the TV features.

Sony killed it tonight by just staying status quo. Microsoft is trying to tear down the industry, Sony is keeping it stable.

Not to mention MS's shitty shitty shitty support for indie games. Sony is giving them an entire platform.

Also, sorry to the one or two opponents that tried to get in touch with me later in this season. I hadn't been contacted in so long to play a game that I pretty much forgot about the ones I was asked to play. I was in a strict "if you contact me I'll play but if not, F it" mode but it went too far D:
I am completely STOKED for the new XB1. I'll be waiting in line on day one. I could careless about DRM. I've been using Steam for 8 years now. DRM doesnt bother me, because its really not that bad. People bitched 2 weeks ago about trade in values of video games, now they suddenly WANT to trade games in? People say that LOVE indie games and think that should be promoted more. I'm sorry. There;s maybe 3 indie games a year that are worth their time. I'm tired of seeing "Dating sim 3000!" and all the other BS.

People are going nuts about the XB1 price. Does anyone else remember the price of the PS3 at launch? $500 7 years ago!

It just seems like everyone is hating on XB1 because its the cool thing to do and everyone wants to be against the popular trend.

After the press events I've decided to buy a PS3. There weren't too many launch titles that caught my interest. Hopefully the PS3 will entertain me until the first price drop for either system, or Destiny comes out - whichever happens first.

No, I think they are hating on it because the specs in the ps4 > one. Price of ps4 < one. No drm, no always on, no kinect required. The ps4 is a gaming system. Not a DVR gaming system hybrid.

On that note, madden was fun the past two seasons. I traded in my copy to amazon awhile ago, it's up to 17 right now if anyone wants to trade it in. I'll try to find a random copy of it if the lions somehow made the playoffs. Might get madden 25 this year not quite sure though. If I do I'm sure ill see you all in a different league next year. The gaming part of the league was fun.

No, I think they are hating on it because the specs in the ps4 &gt; one. Price of ps4 &lt; one. No drm, no always on, no kinect required. The ps4 is a gaming system. Not a DVR gaming system hybrid.

On that note, madden was fun the past two seasons. I traded in my copy to amazon awhile ago, it's up to 17 right now if anyone wants to trade it in. I'll try to find a random copy of it if the lions somehow made the playoffs. Might get madden 25 this year not quite sure though. If I do I'm sure ill see you all in a different league next year. The gaming part of the league was fun.
I am going to be honest. I couldn't figure out who the fuck you are until I looked at your signature. I forgot that you can now change your name freely.

Holy cow. Is ANYONE still considering getting an Xbox One over PS4? With all of the DRM bullshit, and the PS4 being more powerful, the only plusses I can see to the One is the controller and the TV features.

Sony killed it tonight by just staying status quo. Microsoft is trying to tear down the industry, Sony is keeping it stable.

Not to mention MS's shitty shitty shitty support for indie games. Sony is giving them an entire platform.

Also, sorry to the one or two opponents that tried to get in touch with me later in this season. I hadn't been contacted in so long to play a game that I pretty much forgot about the ones I was asked to play. I was in a strict "if you contact me I'll play but if not, F it" mode but it went too far D:
I am completely STOKED for the new XB1. I'll be waiting in line on day one. I could careless about DRM. I've been using Steam for 8 years now. DRM doesnt bother me, because its really not that bad. People bitched 2 weeks ago about trade in values of video games, now they suddenly WANT to trade games in? People say that LOVE indie games and think that should be promoted more. I'm sorry. There;s maybe 3 indie games a year that are worth their time. I'm tired of seeing "Dating sim 3000!" and all the other BS.

People are going nuts about the XB1 price. Does anyone else remember the price of the PS3 at launch? $500 7 years ago!

It just seems like everyone is hating on XB1 because its the cool thing to do and everyone wants to be against the popular trend.
Yeah, I have to disagree with you here. The only way the "DRM is the same as Steam" logic works for the XBone is if the game prices follow suit. Otherwise, it's just a convenient excuse to monopolize the industry. And I'm sorry, but if it was going to allow games to drop in price more quickly, why wouldn't Microsoft be leading with that when everyone is ripping them a new one? So far, what we have confirmed is that XBone games will retail for $59.99. So, going Digital/Disc Don't Matter isn't going to make games cheaper initially. How long they stay at $59.99 remains to be seen. But for a company quickly losing footing to Sony, it doesn't make any sense to hold back info on games being cheaper quicker...unless that just isn't part of the plan.

I love the Xbox brand. I love the way Xbox Live works (most of the time). I love the features. I love my Gamerscore. I even love my avatar self with my Yankees hat, my Predators jersey, and my UFC gloves. But I still don't want to support a system with draconian rules that dictates what I can do with my games and when I can play them. I haven't even been on Steam for that long, and even I know that Steam has an offline mode. And the reason it doesn't matter that you can't resell your games is because they are so cheap to begin with...which we don't know will happen with the XBone. So, again, the comparisons to Microsoft are still not the same.

I will say though, this is where the argument for backward compatibility comes into play...and to me, this is where it SHOULD be like iOS and Android. Had my XBLA purchases carried over to the new system (different system makeup or not...we've already seen that there will be a Minecraft Xbox One Edition), I would have had a MUCH harder time switching from Microsoft. It's that whole idea of being invested and "trapped" in an architecture and not wanting to lose it. But with treating everything as "a separate device/experience", it makes it easy to just go with whatever is the best deal. Under those conditions, there's no reason for loyalty.

PLAYOFFS?!?!

We have advanced. The wild card matchups are as follows:

Bills vs Texans (CPU vs CPU)

Lions vs Redskins

Titans vs Bengals

Saints vs Bears

Looks like the Jets got "Maddened"? EA Sports...fucking things up till the very end. Not surprised.

Who's the Saints owner, Superstar? I've not played my 360 since it overheated during the game with n8, but I may try to get back on for the wild card game. I'm sure I'm plenty rusty and will take a pounding.

As for my 360, my brother borrowed it (just the console) and says it's been playing fine for the last couple weeks. I know he plays it probably 4+ hours a day since it's summer, which makes me think it's my power brick that may be the thing that's getting too hot. I need to pull it out and give it a good dusting.

I'm going to get an Xbone for exclusives, and then go PC for everything else.
See I think PS4 will have more non-pc exclusives. Almost everything show for MS will also be on PC...
Well, basically you're talking about Halo, Gears, and Forza (well, and Kinect stuff). Might be worth it for some, but personally, I think there are numerous games that do what those games do. Not really an unparalleled experience anymore.

I'm going to get an Xbone for exclusives, and then go PC for everything else.
See I think PS4 will have more non-pc exclusives. Almost everything show for MS will also be on PC...
Well, basically you're talking about Halo, Gears, and Forza (well, and Kinect stuff). Might be worth it for some, but personally, I think there are numerous games that do what those games do. Not really an unparalleled experience anymore.
Totally agree. I couldn't get into Halo after 3 and Gears is peat and repeat every time. Forza is great, but so is Gran Turismo.

I don't know how I completely ignored the PS3, can't wait to pick one up next month. I don't think I'll get either next gen console for awhile.

Halo is OK at this point--after 3 it just started to become stale.  Gears similarly.  Was never much into the racing games.

PS3 has some great exclusives, I'm still behind on them even though I've had the console forever.  I use it as a media center right now (I HAAAAAAAATE the 360 Netflix app, and it functions better w/ upnp with my PC's media server)

I got in on Amazon's launch PS4 pre-orders ;)  I don't even know if I'm going to keep it.  The only things I'd want to do that aren't on PC right now are Destiny, which may still hit PC, and then sports games, primarily Madden, and I was planning to take next year off anyways.

I find myself not wanting to buy an Xbox not even because the restrictions affect me.  My internet is generally stable and I'm used to not being able to sell games via Steam. (granted prices are a hell of a lot better on Steam/Amazon/GMG than they ever will be in a similar timeframe on Xbone, which is a big reason I'm irked by their decisions)  It's just the idea that MS is obviously not listening to the gamer.  Indie games are a favorite of mine and Sony's giving them a showcase, while MS won't even consider self-publishing.  Restrictive DRM, taking control of a used market it has no need for control over.

Oh, and PS4 is more powerful and cheaper.  And no mandatory Kinect.

MS will have to wow me with exclusives to get me to buy in later in gen.  PS3 did a great job of that in its final 2-3 years for sure.

Yeah, I'm going PS4 as well next-gen for sure.  I think for MS, if it were JUST the DRM or JUST the 24 hour check in or JUST the $499 price point, theyd still be alright.  They'd lose a section of gamers sure but sales would still be good overall.  But the combination of all of those things together?  No brainer going with PS4 for most gamers.  

And the MS exclusives really arent that great anymore.  Gears is stale, Forza has fallen off a bit (Horizon being $15 at Black Friday, a month after release was a BAD sign), and even Halo 5 isnt worth the $600+ I'd be dropping to play it right now when you factor in console, game, Gold, etc.

Bengals vs Titans starting now. One of us won't have to play Madden 13 anymore after this. SO EXCITING! :lol:

Titans eliminated!

Madden 13 going to Amazon tomorrow!

Dark Rider new commissioner!

Hopefully someone will buy this game used instead of giving EA any money! DRM free America! No! No! We won't go!

Post fusing without an "edited" annotation is confusing! Yay!

Bengals vs Titans starting now. One of us won't have to play Madden 13 anymore after this. SO EXCITING! :lol:

Titans eliminated!

Hopefully someone will buy this game used instead of giving EA any money! DRM free America! No! No! We won't go!

*Starts slow clap*

Congratulations on your freedom! I truly envy you. I need to lock my game in with amazon. I think that you have like fourteen days to sent it? I need to look it up. It's been a while since I sent something it. It shouldn't take too long to finish this up though.

I feel like MS is taking the steps now that they feel will eventually come to consoles, is it a generation to soon? That's possible, but I am fine with most of the issues that people have. I have a PS3 I hardly play. I do like some of the exclusives that Playstation offers though, mainly LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted, Infamous come to mind. However, I am not a fan of their controller, and their online infrastructure has been horrible. I think what would be awesome to see is since these are all built on PC architecture now is Windows supporting Xbone games or cross platform multiplayer.

Titans eliminated!

*Starts slow clap*

Congratulations on your freedom! I truly envy you. I need to lock my game in with amazon. I think that you have like fourteen days to sent it? I need to look it up. It's been a while since I sent something it. It shouldn't take too long to finish this up though.
Haha, thanks. You actually only have 7 days to send in your item after locking in the trade. Just advance the league as you see fit (I'll keep updating the OP and whatnot). And feel free to pass it on once you're no longer "enslaved.". This is generally how I feel about Madden, lol.

[youtube]http&#58;//www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcwyOaYyu7Y[/youtube]

I feel like MS is taking the steps now that they feel will eventually come to consoles, is it a generation to soon? That's possible, but I am fine with most of the issues that people have. I have a PS3 I hardly play. I do like some of the exclusives that Playstation offers though, mainly LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted, Infamous come to mind. However, I am not a fan of their controller, and their online infrastructure has been horrible. I think what would be awesome to see is since these are all built on PC architecture now is Windows supporting Xbone games or cross platform multiplayer.
I actually agree with you about the controller and the online. But from what I've seen and read about the PS4 controller, it's a lot better.

p5mUoKSakaeVp6g.jpg

You can just see from the pictures of it that it's less "stubby" and a little thicker, which should make it more comfortable to hold. I still don't like the analog sticks being right next to each other, but I'll either get used to it, or I'll buy a more expensive controller where you can change the layout (they have these for PS3).

And with the online, I'm hoping Sony will improve that as well. Since they've moved multiplayer gaming to PS+ only, it should give them more money to put into making a better online structure. Cross platform would be awesome though.

I have one of the 360 design PS3 controllers that I use, their design just isn't very good. Also, I am not impressed with the touch controls on the PS4 controller, they had touch on the back panel on the Vita which was basically useless.

I preferred the PS3 controller over the Xbox 360 controller. Not everyone agrees on this issue, but I wouldn't say either design was bad. Just a little different.

Meh, the controller issue isn't huge for me. I was a big PS2 fan back in the day. I always like the controller just fine. The expense of the PS3 and my sudden attraction to Halo 3 are what made me switch to Xbox 360. I have been fairly disappointed with Microsoft's showing and price. If all my games were going to transfer over, I would probably be buying an Xbox One. However, since they wont, I have no allegiance. I will keep my Xbox 360, and can evaluate which is better (Which is really starting to look like the PS4). I certainly won't buy an Xbox One on launch, but a PS4? I haven't decided yet. I think it will come down to how good the backwards compatibility streaming is (I haven't owned a PS3 and want to play that stuff if I switch) and whether Destiny plays well on 360, or if it's necessary to play it on PS4 for a good experience. 

Edit: Also, I plan on moving to a three day advance cycle for the last few playoff weeks (Starting next advance). It shouldn't be too hard to complete four games in three days. If anyone has any problems, then we can extend the deadline a day. However, I don't think three days for four games will too difficult.

I have been fairly disappointed with Microsoft's showing and price. If all my games were going to transfer over, I would probably be buying an Xbox One. However, since they wont, I have no allegiance.
Exactly. that's what I meant when I brought this up before. People think of Backward Compatibility of being all about "I want to play old games." But really, I think it's more valuable as a customer retention tool. People are going to be way less likely to switch to a competitor when they have something invested in the history of the product that isn't just closed off and forgotten about when the company decides to move on. It's like "Oh, thanks for buying all that stuff. We're done with it! Let's start over again!"

As others have said though, maybe Microsoft is just "ahead of its time" and these imposed policies and required features will be beneficial to the consumer in the long run. I'm just not willing to be a lab rat to test it out on.

Edit: Also, I plan on moving to a three day advance cycle for the last few playoff weeks (Starting next advance). It shouldn't be too hard to complete four games in three days. If anyone has any problems, then we can extend the deadline a day. However, I don't think three days for four games will too difficult.
Woooooo...laying down the law already! Gotta get that Amazon credit! lol ;)

I have been fairly disappointed with Microsoft's showing and price. If all my games were going to transfer over, I would probably be buying an Xbox One. However, since they wont, I have no allegiance.
Exactly. that's what I meant when I brought this up before. People think of Backward Compatibility of being all about "I want to play old games." But really, I think it's more valuable as a customer retention tool. People are going to be way less likely to switch to a competitor when they have something invested in the history of the product that isn't just closed off and forgotten about when the company decides to move on. It's like "Oh, thanks for buying all that stuff. We're done with it! Let's start over again!"

As others have said though, maybe Microsoft is just "ahead of its time" and these imposed policies and required features will be beneficial to the consumer in the long run. I'm just not willing to be a lab rat to test it out on.
I think eventually it will go to an all digital format similar to Steam and other digital services like it, that's why I was comparing it to being ahead of it's time. Other console manufacturers just aren't willing to take the risk yet, the digital content has always been a similar fashion as far as sharing and what not, I think Microsoft is just carrying that over to physical sales. Also, they said you will be able to share them with a friend 1 time, as well as having their trade in program through participating retailers. I feel like everyone is overreacting at this point. I do agree in investing in their digital infrastructure, same for me with my iPhone, I'll probably will never switch cause I got so many games and apps. I'll probably be keeping my 360 until it dies, as I probably have thousands in digital content, my 320GB is full.

Is the Lions vs Redskins game going to get played? I seem to remember Troy mention that he traded in the game. If you need the Lions put on auto, please let me know. I just want to know what's up with that game.

Edit: Yep, he said (from his new name) that he traded it in "awhile ago." Although, he mentioned trying to find a copy if his team made the playoffs, which they did.

Is the Lions vs Redskins game going to get played? I seem to remember Troy mention that he traded in the game. If you need the Lions put on auto, please let me know. I just want to know what's up with that game.

Edit: Yep, he said (from his new name) that he traded it in "awhile ago." Although, he mentioned trying to find a copy if his team made the playoffs, which they did.

Welcome to my world, lol ;)

In other news...MADDEN IS GONE!!!

[youtube]http&#58;//www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMUKPUjxmF4[/youtube]

He said he was going to go "rent" the game from gamestop for 7 days so he could play our game and would keep me updated. I was going to send him a message tonight after work to see if he had it yet, and if not see if I can play the cpu. I've got tickets for a minor league game downtown tomorrow evening so it has to get played tonight.

He said he was going to go "rent" the game from gamestop for 7 days so he could play our game and would keep me updated. I was going to send him a message tonight after work to see if he had it yet, and if not see if I can play the cpu. I've got tickets for a minor league game downtown tomorrow evening so it has to get played tonight.
Okay, sounds good! Just keep us posted!

What teams?

What teams?
Greensboro Grasshoppers vs West Virginia Power. Front row behind the plate and fireworks afterwards. Should be a good time.

bread's done
Back