CAGs Raise $46,659 for Child's Play - Raffle Winners Posted

Wasnt able to pick up my paycheck last week due to the holiday weekend, and now I need it to help me float black Friday purchases. But I've already dedicated part of it to helping Child's Play, just hope the accounting department is open tomorrow.

Just donated $5.01 for every year i've been here, damn i've been here awhile! $30.06 :D

Great charity and it's nice to give back as a community of gamers. :applause:

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Thats a really high bar. Wasnt that last bar only met at the end because Cheapy has to put in a good amount from his own pocket?[/QUOTE]

Which he should..... He makes a killing off this site and lives like Godzilla king of Japan in his mansion in the moonlit hills. :)

Plus it's a tax write off and good advertising when CAG shows up among the big boys on the donations page.

Just made a little donation, and hopefully can get another one out there before the end of the year. Need to see if I have some games I can round up.

I've been working to arrange a few corporate sponsors for prizes, in addition to my usual 2,000 Nintendo points. Nothing as crazy as the grand prize, but I think they'll make some people happy. Looking forward to the update to the prize list. :D

Cheapy you need keep the news article with the chip in bar thing bumped up like everyday on the front page. If the news thing keeps getting pushed down below the newer deals they'll never see it.

$20 for me on top of the gifts I already bought for local hospitals. Hopefully I'll be able to do more. Target $60k, in the words of the prophet Leeroy Jenkins: "LET'S DO THIS!"

The CAGcast reminded me this was going on. Had to search around to find the chip in thing. Just donated a few bucks.

[quote name='captainsmirk']donated since CAG has saved me more than a few dollars over the last couple years[/QUOTE]

That's how i feel about this bro. And it makes me feel generous to boot!

[quote name='hockey0707']Cheapy you need keep the news article with the chip in bar thing bumped up like everyday on the front page. If the news thing keeps getting pushed down below the newer deals they'll never see it.[/QUOTE]

Ditto this. It's almost off the front page completely.

In for $75. I try to match or do a little better than I did the year before. My daughter benefited from Child's Play when she was receiving treatment at a Children's Hospital. I also won a pretty big prize a couple of years ago. So the charity and the CAG fundraiser are both special to me.

I'll chip in soon

I'm going to look through my games when I get home. I think I have a whole bunch of bad titles still sealed. Such as Rogue Warrior.

every year I donate. However this year I have to donate our second vehicle to the dealership before the repo man comes. Sorry Child's Play, I'll be back next year to help

I prefer to donate to my local charities and provide new, unwrapped toys for toys for tots. I have suspicions that these massively commercial organizations have too much overhead where little of the money spent actually goes to help anyone. Thanks for offering this though I guess.

[quote name='Glasscocked']I prefer to donate to my local charities and provide new, unwrapped toys for toys for tots. I have suspicions that these massively commercial organizations have too much overhead where little of the money spent actually goes to help anyone. Thanks for offering this though I guess.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, are you new to the internet?

[quote name='CyReN']Hope we make it, donated $20 a few weeks ago. Throwing in another $20 when I get my next check.[/QUOTE]

what this guy said ^

[quote name='darthballz']In for $5. Sorry can't give more.[/QUOTE]

No need to apologize, every last bit helps no matter the charity. It really is the thought that counts more than the actual $ amount .

[quote name='Glasscocked']I prefer to donate to my local charities and provide new, unwrapped toys for toys for tots. I have suspicions that these massively commercial organizations have too much overhead where little of the money spent actually goes to help anyone. Thanks for offering this though I guess.[/QUOTE]

We've been doing this since 2003, plus if you don't want to donate money here, you can go to childplay's web site: http://www.childsplaycharity.org/

Pick a hospital and go to the amazon wish list for that hospital and buy a toy and it gets shipped directly to the hospital so you know it gets donated. I donated $100 worth of toys and sent to the children's hospital in New York. Plus donated another $25 here so far since this site has been amazing to me since I found it.

These guys at Penny Arcade have done an amazing job over the years and it gets bigger and bigger every year which is great.

You clearly don't understand how this works -- there is no overhead, less than even your local charities.

While I love Child's Play and the cause is one I would whole-heartily encourage anyone to support, Toys for Tots is a great charity as well - thank you for what you choose, either Toys for Tots or Child's Play.

Suggestion though - winning that Grand Prize would make for an awesome prize package to donate to Toys for Tots. ;)

Cheapy, you gotta sticky this widget on the top of the front page.

People have to see it every time they log on or they won't remember it exists. I didn't even think about it until listening to the 8-4 podcast a few days ago.

[quote name='bmulligan']Cheapy, you gotta sticky this widget on the top of the front page.
[/QUOTE]Yup, will be up today.

bread's done
Back