CAGs Raise $46,659 for Child's Play - Raffle Winners Posted

Almost forgot to donate, since I know the timeframe is usually tied to Cheapy's timezone, so it may peter out sometime tomorrow during the day.

Upped my donation from last year, so donated $750. Should get us a bit closer to the target.

[quote name='shrike4242']Almost forgot to donate, since I know the timeframe is usually tied to Cheapy's timezone, so it may peter out sometime tomorrow during the day.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that!

Got my donations in earlier this year though. The amount jumped about 10% from when I saw it yesterday. :D

[quote name='EgoPoisoning']I've made a point of donating to Child's Play every year since they started it. I donated $10 through the CAG raffle earlier, but the PA guys really came through for me this year so I made another, $45 donation tonight.[/QUOTE]

THAT. WAS. AWESOME.

Seriously, that's one of the coolest stories I've read in a long while. Good on you for paying it forward, mate!

I donated this year soon after CheapyD posted the ChipIn link, but after reading your post I went ahead and donated another $20. Someone in my family stayed at the Children's Hospital here in Seattle a few times when we were kids back in the 80's and I *cannot* stress enough how even one book or board game made a difference to a kid. There were some kids who were in rough shape and pain, both physically and mentally (meaning the toll it took on them and their families).

I remember playing a board game with a couple of kids there who had been at the hospital for a very, very long time and it meant the world to them to be able to just have fun, giggle and keep their minds off of the further surgeries they were lined up for.

Years later an old coworker of mine shared with us that he spent a long time at the Children's Hospital as a child and young adult. He had one of his legs amputated as a young man and still suffered from a lack of immunity to the simplest of things. He was always calling in sick, something we all understood and never questioned.

One day we found out that he was to be laid up at a local hospital at the UW for an extended period of time. I dropped by and gave him my original GameBoy and Final Fantasy Legend III, two things that kept him company with his Nintendo64 and various cartridges in his room. He was a total gamer, the kindest of people, and most importantly, recently married with a beautiful, amazing wife.

I don't remember which of my coworkers called me to tell me that my friend was gone, but I will remember the moment I was told. That was devastating. Looking back now, though, I'm glad I had a small part in making him happy and comfortable during his final days.

I don't mean to be maudlin, folks, but I do want to remind people about just how important it is to give joy and comfort to a kid in need in any capacity. Thanks for reading.

[quote name='NamPaehc']I didn't know that!

Got my donations in earlier this year though. The amount jumped about 10% from when I saw it yesterday. :D[/QUOTE]I think that's how it happened a couple of years ago, though that might not be the case this time around.

It should be pretty clear when the ChipIn widget won't accept more donations, though I'm sure Cheapy will let us know just in case.

Regardless, I'd suggest people get their donations in sooner than later between now and the end of tomorrow, just to be safe.

Great to see all the additional donations. :applause:

Let's see if we can at least break last year's record, if we can't hit this year's target.

Even $5 from the rest of CAG would go a really, really long way. $5 from the CAGs on right now that haven't donated, or even have donated before would be a huge help.

Got 20 on it. I'm load up mint and see where the money is at and hopefully get some more out tonight.

I've spent a shitton of time in the hospital for surgeries on my legs and I could only imagine how shitty it would have been to watch soap operas all day if I didn't own a handheld myself.

This is still the only charity I donate to as a 20 year old because I know the money is going directly to help some kids in a way that will make their day better.

I tried to toss in my copy of Muramasa: The Demon's Blade but CAG's not responding...

SO, (along with donating another $5), I'll give away that game and Brian Lee O'Malley's Lost at Sea, his (great) work from before Scott Pilgrim.

I'll give them away to someone who donated but didn't end up winning a prize in the raffle. Hope that's okay!

One hour and 25 minutes left to post your donation SS here and get a shot at winning the Goonies 25th Blu Ray. Only about 20 entries so far so not too bad odds of winning!

[quote name='schultzed']I just put in $25[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Triple-X']I donated $50 now.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Justme8800']I'll chip in another $10 for this.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shadoz19']I chipped in another $10.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Javansdaddy']Kicked in $10 just now, feels good to do my part![/QUOTE]

[quote name='randomdud']I donated 10$.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Hbomb5']Throwing in another $15[/QUOTE]

[quote name='zerowolf15']Thought I'd add another 20 to the pot.[/QUOTE]

Wow! I know I can't take all the credit for the entire $150, but thanks for your donations, gang. With 8 entries and giving away two prizes, each of you have pretty good odds!

I'll post the winners here in the next day or so (gotta have Cheapy verify the donations!) - Thanks tons for the donations!

Just did my donation. I dont know why are we getting $2000.00 worth of package. They could have just put one system as a price and donated rest to the charity.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']THAT. WAS. AWESOME.

Seriously, that's one of the coolest stories I've read in a long while. Good on you for paying it forward, mate!

I donated this year soon after CheapyD posted the ChipIn link, but after reading your post I went ahead and donated another $20. [/QUOTE]

Back atcha for the additional donation and the story, Cap'n. It's good to swim in givingness!

I've been tapped...and I've been wanting to donate to this forever.. $5 bucks is probably about all I have in my account lol

If I don't have $5 I'll empty out the account of whatever's left heh :D

My point is...if MY poor ass can donate SO CAN YOU lol. Yeah, YOU know who YOU are.

For everybody who's donated already...thanks. And you're cool. And thanks CAG for putting it on. Off to chipin!

Donated $25. I hope more people give. It's a bit sad to see that we only collectively have $39K in there.

threw in another $5...would've wasted that on the lottery anyways...but hey, everyone, play the lottery (mega millions) its at $237 million!!! if i win that, i will definitely donate more when i get the check

I had some problems with my Paypal account, but I finally donated some money.

Also, kudos to all the cags who chipped in or helped in any other way with this. Some may think this board is full of trolls and hoarders, but even though we haven't reached the goal, it is nice to see the community helping a noble cause such as this.

Happy new year, everyone.

I just made a donation. Sorry for waiting until the last minute to do so, but hopefully others will do the same and you can reach your goal by the end of the day.

bread's done
Back