Call of Duty Black Ops for £20, or £25 off anything else they sell

John

Administrator
Staff member
Feedback
10 (100%)
Edit: The codes have been removed at Woolworth's request.

---------
This is pretty much the same as the very.co.uk new member codes out there (it's the same company), which normally we wouldn't post here. But since you can pay via PayPal, I thought this one is worth looking at. Just be aware that they have tried shenanigans in the past with trying to retroactively disable codes, so while it might be worth a punt that's something to bear in mind.

However, definitely don't try and register for another account to use these code again if you've already done so in the past. (I think they're doing address based checking to prevent this, which is why some people aren't able to place an order.)
---------

UPDATE: Woolworths got in touch and asked us to remove the codes.

Last edited by a moderator:
not after reading about the owners of very/woolworths retroactively pursuing people for the voucher moneys back after a year through the courts ( thats if you use more than one voucher )

question.

did this yesterday when the code was for £20 off, if i cancel and redo it will the code work again as £25 or at all?

[quote name='finalsight']question.

did this yesterday when the code was for £20 off, if i cancel and redo it will the code work again as £25 or at all?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't risk it. Your address is in their records now, and I very much doubt that you'll be able to place another order.

Ordering this was a nightmare, the site really didn't want to work properly and when I click to pay with paypal took me to a paypal page with an error with an out of date link.

Then when I return to woolworths the price has gone back to without offer codes and will not accept them again, but after several refreshes the price chages back to £20 with codes working.

So then I pay with Paypal without error but when it returns me to woolworths for what I imagine is the receipt page it is blank, in fact all of woolworths site is suddenly blank (other websites fine) and I need to restart my browser to get woolworths site working again...but then when I log back in to my account Black ops is still in the shopping basket.

I click on 'my account' on and the 'Account Status' page it says

"Welcome to My Account, where you can view your orders and amend personal details.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Just to let you know, the items you’ve ordered from our new collection are so popular there may be a slight delay on your delivery, but we’ll make sure you get yours as quickly as we can – thanks for being so patient!"

But when I click on the "Where's my order' tab on the left nothing is listed, is this just a delay on them displaying my order (since the account status seems to suggest it acknowledges an order) or is there some bug? I HAVE paid for it according to paypal.

ANyone else who ordered can check the tab of their account please and see what it says just afer ordering?

It still works, I think. At first I thought they'd cut it off because despite my checkout total displaying £20 I was actually charged the full 45, it was only when I got the email confirmation that it explained that's apparently how they operate

"If you use a cash discount promotion such as £10 off, and you pay for your order with a credit or debit card then we will process your payment in two stages. First we will charge your card with the full price of the order then we will refund your card with the value of the discount. Please note that the payment and refund may not occur simultaneously but the refund will be made no later than when your order is despatched."

This combined with the message on the site warning about delivery delays makes me worried, if you're going to do it definitely use paypal like was suggested. Very shadey imo charging me *immediately* on a preorder let alone for an amount I didn't agree to pay.

Slightly ominous if your hoping to get it early.

Its showing up on the where's your order page fine for me

Guys I don't know if you know this but just like Tesco, Woolworths have two online departments. You have to order from the normal Woolworths.co.uk not Woolworths Entertainment. I had a few problems with the codes but then realised that I was on the Woolworths Entertainment website. Had no problems with the codes today as they worked fine.

Thanks again.
Xing

Woolworths asked to pull the code as it wasn't intended to be promoted, which we've done. I guess we'll have to wait and see if they honour its usage so far.

[quote name='John']Woolworths asked to pull the code as it wasn't intended to be promoted, which we've done. I guess we'll have to wait and see if they honour its usage so far.[/QUOTE]

That's bad news for everyone that ordered. Knowing how they operate these codes glad I gave it a miss :)

Well if the code doesn't work anymore, does anyone know a store which would sell it on the day of release for less than £30?

your odrder needs be a minimum of £40 i ordered need 4 speed hot pursuit but wanted medal of honor but its on offer at 39.00 so not enough for the voucher oh well next time .

checked my bank online, woolworths have taken £45 out. sucks to be me i guess, i could potentially cancel my order now, but I don't know where that'd leave me. win some, lose some I guess.

also, i didn't pay by paypal, so that's where I may have been screwed over.

I used the free delivery and £20 off codes.

[quote name='mikelolol']checked my bank online, woolworths have taken £45 out. sucks to be me i guess, i could potentially cancel my order now, but I don't know where that'd leave me. win some, lose some I guess.

also, i didn't pay by paypal, so that's where I may have been screwed over.

I used the free delivery and £20 off codes.[/QUOTE]

If they honour the deal, you'll see £20 being credited back to your account. It's how they do their coupon discounts if you paid with a card.

[quote name='John']If they honour the deal, you'll see £20 being credited back to your account. It's how they do their coupon discounts if you paid with a card.[/QUOTE]

Did not know it worked like that. Still, i might call up tomorrow the customer service thing and find out. Ff they can confirm on the phone I'll be getting £20 back, then I'll dig it, if not, I'm gonna request a refund. Cheers for the info John.

Yup i can also confirm they wont be honouring the codes. Having spoken to the help desk she said that because these codes were not meant to be promoted by discount or voucher site's they will not be honouring them.

She cancelled my order over the phone. She did also add Woolworths will be doing call backs about these orders.

Rubbish!

I paid with my debit card, got charged £45, and went overdrawn. Cost me £70.

I emailed the CS team. Pretty :censored: off.

[quote name='ratgeek']I paid with my debit card, got charged £45, and went overdrawn. Cost me £70.

I emailed the CS team. Pretty :censored: off.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm

"If you use a cash discount promotion such as £10 off, and you pay for your order with a credit or debit card
then we will process your payment in two stages. First we will charge your card with the full price of the
order then we will refund your card with the value of the discount. Please note that the payment and refund
may not occur simultaneously but the refund will be made no later than when your order is despatched."

Seems to be a standard procedure.

As soon as they take the money they are entering a contract with you. If you can be bothered to grief them enough and face possible debt collector threats (as seen in the past) then you should be able to get them to honour it.

While browsing ebay I saw someone selling the "code information" for £0.99 amazingly more than 350 people had paid for him to tell them the code that was all over voucher sites :O

Saw this deal elsewhere online and tried to order, thought id read here first. Glad I did! They are not honouring the codes and cancelling all orders (not sure that's legal) and would recommend the people affected contact consumer rights to investigate.

Hope you get somewhere guys and fingers crossed Tesco or Asda will do it for £25 at launch. Heres hoping!!

I'm still actually holding out some hope for this one. The code existed to bring in new customers, they just didn't want it used by the masses for a cheap one-off purchase.

I remember when the Killzone 2 very.co.uk deal hit, and the same thing happened - people who called up were told it was invalid and had their order cancelled, but I still ended up getting my copy for £20.

got email today saying that the deal is over subscribed and as sutch they are refunding my money .

( mine was by paypal)
but still aint recieved the refund

[quote name='SirStuie']Has anyone who paid in advance via Paypal had their order cancelled?[/QUOTE]
Mine hasn't been cancelled yet (touch wood).

[quote name='SirStuie']Has anyone who paid in advance via Paypal had their order cancelled?[/QUOTE]

Still shows as pending shipment for me. (Paid with PP.)

I live in hope that the hassle of refunding PayPal payments will put them off cancelling, heh.

Just checked my bank statement online and it says that I have made a payment for tomorrow to Woolworths for £20 via Paypal :S Seems there more than happy to take out the money but I just hope it stays that way. Fingers crossed.

[quote name='falkirk_fraz']Thanks Xingba, thats what kept screwing me up, didnt notice i was being transferred to the entertainment site.[/QUOTE]
No worries mate.

i can't see how they could cancel my order, because I ordered Black ops as well as a car phone charger, and I allready recieved the car phone charge, PLUS i payed with paypal? I'm still hopeful because I can't be botherd posting that thing back lol

I used all three codes making it -£5.00

For some reason when you use both New Customer codes they both discount £25.

Now obviously I cannot tender -£5.00 so I added £5.75 worth of PickN'Mix for my girlfriend to my cart too. All in all costing me £0.75

The PickN'Mix shipped Friday which is good!

I had a trawl through their terms and conditions. They stipulate that the buyer-seller contract is made when the order is accepted. They accept your order by dispatching it.

Potentially I have them in a loophole here :D

Will wait and see though.

Fantastic find either way OP!

[quote name='KingAndaval']I used all three codes making it -£5.00

For some reason when you use both New Customer codes they both discount £25.

Now obviously I cannot tender -£5.00 so I added £5.75 worth of PickN'Mix for my girlfriend to my cart too. All in all costing me £0.75

The PickN'Mix shipped Friday which is good!

I had a trawl through their terms and conditions. They stipulate that the buyer-seller contract is made when the order is accepted. They accept your order by dispatching it.

Potentially I have them in a loophole here :D

Will wait and see though.

Fantastic find either way OP![/QUOTE]

I've heard from someone else who did the same thing (but for two other games instead of Black Ops), and their games have been received, basically for free.

[quote name='John']I've heard from someone else who did the same thing (but for two other games instead of Black Ops), and their games have been received, basically for free.[/QUOTE]

Wow! I'll hold out just a small bit of hope in that case :D

Thanks again man for the find

I still do not have my order showing on the "Where's my order?" page. I have my paypal receipt and I e-mailed them, but I guess since the weekend they do not answer them. I haven't been refunded, I don't know what is going on with it.

I'm not going to contact them and hope for the best. But John is right though. If they want new customers then this would be a good way to get them in. If they pull my order then I doubt I would use them again.

by the way they contacted this website asking for codes to be removed etc... and by refunding people who havent asked for refund , i think its 75% chance you wont have your order forfilled .

i personaly had one of my orders refunded the need 4 speed one , but my black ops is still on file ??? work that one out , each order was to different address and in different name .

bread's done
Back