Call of Duty Black Ops for £20, or £25 off anything else they sell

John

Administrator
Staff member
Feedback
10 (100%)
Edit: The codes have been removed at Woolworth's request.

---------
This is pretty much the same as the very.co.uk new member codes out there (it's the same company), which normally we wouldn't post here. But since you can pay via PayPal, I thought this one is worth looking at. Just be aware that they have tried shenanigans in the past with trying to retroactively disable codes, so while it might be worth a punt that's something to bear in mind.

However, definitely don't try and register for another account to use these code again if you've already done so in the past. (I think they're doing address based checking to prevent this, which is why some people aren't able to place an order.)
---------

UPDATE: Woolworths got in touch and asked us to remove the codes.

Last edited by a moderator:
28/10/2010 PXXXXXW Ps3 Call Of Duty Black Ops £45.00
28/10/2010 PXXXXXW Charged To PayPal £45.00 45.00
28/10/2010 Promotional Discount £25.00 Cr CR
28/10/2010 Refund To PayPal £25.00 25.00 CR
Sundry Items And Adjustments
04/11/2010 PXXXXXW Ps3 Call Of Duty Black Ops Not Sent 45.00 CR
04/11/2010 Item Refund To 45.00

.. Have since spoken to a supervisor who simply wished to reiterate Terms & Conditions that allows them to cancel orders for those presumed to not have been legitimate 'offer code' customers.

I wished to have some form of communication (email) from her confirming that I would be having my order refunded. She was only willing to have the email that was supposedly sent on the 4th (never received to my google account; not inside any spam filter either) emailed once again. Four hours on the email has once again not arrived (after having confirmed my email address) .. very strange.

I asked - if in three days time and money has still not been returned - what options were open; to the effect that there was nothing more they would be willing to do as a request for the funds to be added back had been made.. in effect putting the ball in PayPals corner and termination of the call soon afterwards.

I am still a little unsure if they have correctly issued the refund.. as I would have expected some proper form of communication by now. The listed "Item Refund To" seems as though it is missing something relating to PayPal?

Those that have had refunds - could you compare your history to that listed above to see if its similar.

I have opened up a resolution on the item with PayPal just to be on the safe side.

yea i still haven't recieved a refund, or any notification of a refund, other than it saying on the 'my account' bit on the woolworths site that one is due

I have opened up dispute on paypal for both me and my brother.. no one has replied on it - will give them til the end of this week and then escalate it to paypal's claims department. Obviously its not acceptable for them to hold up a refund.

they had all the moneys for god nows how many orders for over a week bet they got the intrest payments on it .

[quote name='RazorD']I have opened up dispute on paypal for both me and my brother.. no one has replied on it - will give them til the end of this week and then escalate it to paypal's claims department. Obviously its not acceptable for them to hold up a refund.[/QUOTE]

I am willing to wait no more than Tuesday before escalating it to the claims department; if in this time they have failed to respond to 'direct emails' AND to the PayPal dispute then they have little or no intention of refunding the money and do not wish to have any dialog with you ever again. Its maddening that they feel they can get away with treating customers in this way.

I'll just add one other thing from a conversation with a Woolworths supervisor; she was borderline suggesting that anyone who used the codes was doing so illegally and practically suggesting theft. I asked her to be careful with her wording which she dually agreed was somewhat over the mark.. but repeatedly demanded, "Where did you get the Codes... " .. and "If you did not get them directly, you had no right to be using them {as our terms and conditions}" ..

As far as I am concerned they have may presume they have had contact with PayPal but there is no indication of this in my PayPal account; as is the case for other customers still waiting for emails, etc.

I wouldn't expect a refund today as it's Sunday but I'm appalled they've taken funds from you prior to authorisation to dispatch though. I have a credit account with another of Shop Direct's brands and there has been a lot of bother with people using promotional codes for quite a while now. It was okay for a couple of years until suddenly, they removed the codes from customers accounts and charged the difference (to make up the amount they should of paid in the first place) to their accounts/cards. There was hell on and they backed down after MSE stepped in and put the promotional codes back on for those that had used them, but with a strong warning that future abuse would not be tolerated.

Using promotional codes though can hardly be classed as "illegal", what tosh. Their system should not accept the code in the first place if the customer isn't entitled to use it. They are a bunch of idiots though. I recently bought a couple of mobile phones that didn't turn up and they billed me for them. It took me 3 weeks of calling them constantly to get it sorted.

But there should be no doubt you will get your refunds, just a matter of when. You could probably tell them, taking money for items they do not intend to ship would be considered illegal as well.

I emailed them and received a very swift reply as below:

[FONT=&quot]Dear Mr NotPotter,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks for your email about your order for Call Of Duty Black Ops (PZ2721T).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]At the time of ordering you quoted a discount code. Unfortunately this code was not issued to you. I am sorry to let you know we cannot accept it as a discount off your purchase.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We have cancelled your order in accordance with clause 2.3 of our terms and conditions.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you paid for your order, the refund of any charges incurred will take 7-10 days.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please note: If you have already returned the above items then please disregard this email.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I apologise for any disappointment this may have caused you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Kind Regards

Woolworths Customer Services Team[/FONT]

Here's the crap I received:

"Thanks for getting in touch with Woolies.

We’re happy to tell you that we’ve now refunded you directly to the account you used to make the payment. If you used a Credit/Debit card, this will show on your card statement within 5 working days. If you used your PayPal account you will be notified within 24hrs of the refund being actioned, and the refund takes between 7 to 10 working days.

We hope this answers your question. "

And yet still nothing. I have only been refunded one before on paypal and the process was instant, the only delay was waiting for the payment to clear. If nothing has happened by tomorrow morning I will open a dispute.

[quote name='SirStuie']Here's the crap I received:

And yet still nothing. I have only been refunded one before on paypal and the process was instant, the only delay was waiting for the payment to clear. If nothing has happened by tomorrow morning I will open a dispute.[/QUOTE]

Exactly the same here. I have been practically begging for some information via email .. Not through pay pal, direct woolworths email (both on site and off) they still will not give any form of information regarding the money..

Later I will escalate the PayPal dispute as they are unwilling to offer any contact.

No refund and no reply, I guess I've got them shaking in their Woolies. Sorry for the poor humour but my old man said that he's raised this issue to the producer of Watchdog and it may get a mention, fingers crossed.

[quote name='SirStuie']Here's the crap I received:

And yet still nothing. I have only been refunded one before on paypal and the process was instant, the only delay was waiting for the payment to clear. If nothing has happened by tomorrow morning I will open a dispute.[/QUOTE]

I am STILL also waiting for my PayPal refund. How do you open up a dispute I can't see it anywhere on the PayPal website, even in the details of the transaction

[quote name='jrwagh333']I am STILL also waiting for my PayPal refund. How do you open up a dispute I can't see it anywhere on the PayPal website, even in the details of the transaction[/QUOTE]

To file a dispute on a transaction sent through PayPal, follow these steps:

1. Log into your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk
  2. Click on 'Resolution Centre' at the top of the page
  3. You will have the option of:
    • Clicking the ‘Dispute a Transaction’ button, or
    • Clicking the heading ‘Report a Problem’ and then clicking the ‘Report a Problem’ button
  4. On the ‘Report a Problem’ page choose ‘Item dispute’ then click ‘Continue’
  5. Click the 'Find transaction ID' button to display your transaction history
  6. Find the transaction you wish to dispute and click the ‘Transaction ID’
  7. Click 'Continue'
  8. Choose the reason you are opening this dispute
  9. Provide additional information then click ‘Continue’ to open your dispute

Some points to note:
  • Generally buyers must wait at least seven days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
  • If you don’t resolve or escalate a dispute within 20 days it will be closed. When this deadline is approaching, we will remind you by email
  • A closed dispute cannot be reopened or escalated to a PayPal claim
  • Only one dispute may be opened for each PayPal payment
  • Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute, you have up to 45 days from the day of transaction to do this.

woolworths have just sent me an email asking for feedback on my recent purchase with them. Thats the one they canceled without telling me and still haven't refunded my money. I'm going to leave it a bit before I fill it in as it's best if they have more than two words in the feedback...

[quote name='therealpieman']woolworths have just sent me an email asking for feedback on my recent purchase with them. Thats the one they canceled without telling me and still haven't refunded my money. I'm going to leave it a bit before I fill it in as it's best if they have more than two words in the feedback...[/QUOTE]

Ha, I just got the same email, what a strange shop that place is.

[quote name='smithy1983uk']mine just arrived :) was getting worried after this thread[/QUOTE]

Did you pay by paypal? I wouldn't hold my breath on getting the rebate otherwise.

[quote name='SirStuie']Ha, I just got the same email, what a strange shop that place is.

Did you pay by paypal? I wouldn't hold my breath on getting the rebate otherwise.[/QUOTE]

yep paid via paypal £25 was taken out

[quote name='smithy1983uk']mine just arrived :) was getting worried after this thread[/QUOTE]
damn you! did you pay with paypal? if you paid with card, i wouldn't hold my breath on getting the £20 sent back to you...

Well i don't have my copy yet... but i did have to boost the order up by £5 for me to me eligible for the offer and my pick and mix came the day after the order, do you think they will still send the game out ?

[quote name='JAM3SY']Well i don't have my copy yet... but i did have to boost the order up by £5 for me to me eligible for the offer and my pick and mix came the day after the order, do you think they will still send the game out ?[/QUOTE]

i would say no, i ordered a phone charger to get mine up to the required amount, got the phone charger, but when i checked my account on their website, it was cancelled. check your account section, i suspect they'll have cancelled yours too

[quote name='mr_ace']i would say no, i ordered a phone charger to get mine up to the required amount, got the phone charger, but when i checked my account on their website, it was cancelled. check your account section, i suspect they'll have cancelled yours too[/QUOTE]

the my account section wont even let me login or reset my password this website fails

Had one or two emails responding to questions direct to Woolworths on Saturday - so very outdated by now and generally just explaining why the product was cancelled and that money would be refunded within 14 days.

I have to say that I believe there is a glitch in their system in regard to customers as I am sure that PayPal would have logged any 'requested' refund as soon as it was made (or within a day or so) .. so, will give it until Friday now and then ask PayPal to get involved; add this to the fact that I ordered a copy from Tesco-Entertainment and like many others, its not yet turned up .. *sigh* .. it seems that for £25 (Woolworths) + £45 (Tesco Entertainment - with PSN card £20 included) I still have no game! .. laugh .. I really could cry -)

Woolworths replied to my paypal dispute saying that 'due to a technical error' they hadn't yet refunded me and I should have my funds within 2-3 days (not working days). I swiftly replied with 'regardless of any 'faults' that may have occured I am still owed £25 for an order that was cancelled by yourselves not me over a week ago, I will give you until Monday (end of the 2-3 days specified) before I am forced to escalate this matter further'

Within 3 hours I had my money back in my account, it is ridiculous that we have to wait for this refund.

Not Very happy!!!! I've only received a partial refund at the moment of £3.95 for my p&p. So I have opened a dispute to get the rest back. Has anyone else had this problem?

They just reversed the paypal transaction for me so I got the full amount. Thing that annoyed me the most was that each of the emails I sent got a sotck reply. Wont be using the Shop Direct group again no matter how good the deal.

Got a letter today saying that I used a promotional code when I wasn't supposed too, and requesting i call them to pay them the difference.

[quote name='RazorD']Got a letter today saying that I used a promotional code when I wasn't supposed too, and requesting i call them to pay them the difference.[/QUOTE]
So, in what way will you tell them to get stuffed? :p

bread's done
Back