Call of Duty Black Ops for £20, or £25 off anything else they sell

John

Administrator
Staff member
Feedback
10 (100%)
Edit: The codes have been removed at Woolworth's request.

---------
This is pretty much the same as the very.co.uk new member codes out there (it's the same company), which normally we wouldn't post here. But since you can pay via PayPal, I thought this one is worth looking at. Just be aware that they have tried shenanigans in the past with trying to retroactively disable codes, so while it might be worth a punt that's something to bear in mind.

However, definitely don't try and register for another account to use these code again if you've already done so in the past. (I think they're doing address based checking to prevent this, which is why some people aren't able to place an order.)
---------

UPDATE: Woolworths got in touch and asked us to remove the codes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all, just an FYI, i got into this deal when it was just the £25 one, and my order is still valid for now. I think those that have the £25 deal might be worth hanging on in there.

Continued updates in this thread would be helpful for all i think.

[quote name='finalsight']Still no change on my end, no email, no phonecall, no paypal refund no change on "Wheres my Order".[/QUOTE]

Same here nothing yet!

got my confirmation emails and paypal stuff, i haven't received any email about cancellation so i guess i should be getting it? i only used the £25 deal btw.

just check my order and says my order is accepted when i click on details says its been procesed and now ready for dispatch .
so they have parceled it up awaiting the release to the postman next week .
heres my fingers crossed .

also looks like they canceled all voucher codes just looked around the net for as many codes as i could find (found 22) put them in on a new account with unused address and all codes came back as invaild even the free postage ones ( bloody tight wads )

After calling up (which was a pain in the arse, directing me to the wrong departments!) the woman said that they would not be honouring ANY codes, as they are all for 'people who are opening up a credit account on very.co.uk' - when I said that it's BS that the codes work there in the first place all she said was 'it's not my fault love, I just work the phones'.

Order cancelled, the tesco one is looking slightly promising.

[quote name='mikelolol']After calling up (which was a pain in the arse, directing me to the wrong departments!) the woman said that they would not be honouring ANY codes, as they are all for 'people who are opening up a credit account on very.co.uk' - when I said that it's BS that the codes work there in the first place all she said was 'it's not my fault love, I just work the phones'.

Order cancelled, the tesco one is looking slightly promising.[/QUOTE]

Well my order is still looking good. I think ringing up is a bad idea mate. Even if they didn't honour the code, my old man works for the beeb so Watchdog could be on their backs. ;)

Yeah I can't understand what people are ringing up about

"Hi, how is my order I placed using dodgy codes"

I only used the £20 and free P&P codes as well. It would be very late to cancel it now as I think paypal takes about a week to refund. Screenshots of the order page taken anyway.

I would very much like Shop Direct being reported to a higher authority, they have been doing this dubious code tactic for years now under many names.

i agree dont phone up or they will cancel your order
let it ride until the launch of black ops .
by all means log in to your account and check the status of your order if it reads processed then its ready for dispatch which should be friday or saturday i think

No change for me either, order is still marked as accepted.

There is no point ringing up, tbh if it all goes wrong, worst case scenario is that you get money refunded and have to pop to the supermarket for the undoubted price war.

Hi all.

I managed to get the game for £20 using the codes. I've just checked the Woolworths site and it says £45 on there. The only code it's showing is the Free Delivery one. (Last week when I placed the order both codes were shown on the site). The order status is "Processed" however which looks promising. My only question is that will Woolies try and charge for the full £45? FYI I paid via Paypal.

I know this deal sounded a little too good to be true, but if I get the game I'll count myself lucky.

Just sorted my copy for £19.88 :D

Grabbed 4 copies of Left 4 Dead 2 from PC World @ £4.97 each took to Gamestation who pricebeat CEX trade in of £10 by £1 and got £44 in credit which I used to pre-order COD Black OPS.

Oh and I now have 4 x 48hr live codes as an extra bonus lol :D

[quote name='WKD']Just sorted my copy for £19.88 :D

Grabbed 4 copies of Left 4 Dead 2 from PC World @ £4.97 each took to Gamestation who pricebeat CEX trade in of £10 by £1 and got £44 in credit which I used to pre-order COD Black OPS.

Oh and I now have 4 x 48hr live codes as an extra bonus lol :D[/QUOTE]

nice

well i check my order status again now reads order vaule 45 pounds, order accepted then i click on veiw details it reads processed order ,to arrive 09/11/10 so it should be despatched in next few days hopefully

FYI to all the people who say their order shows £45. Seems thats the norm as you will either have paid via paypal (£25 has already gone) or card (£20 should be refunded later, as per original deal description).

If you have paid by PayPal then everything should be cool, as the original deal indicated they can't just charge your account more money. If you didn't use paypal, then its likely that they simple won't credit you with the voucher amount.

My advice if the latter applies to you is to just keep it in the shrink wrap and return it, and get sniffing around the supermarkets for deals.

Also, regarding the delivery date, everything i have seen on Woolies indicates that they should post it in time for the release day. As usual these things tend to fall with the courier more than anything, but on the games purchase page it says "Pre-order now and receive by the 9th." and on my delivery page it give the 'Delivered by' date as the 9th. So i'm hopeful.

Edit: Out of interest has anyone pre-ordered from Woolies before? Is they're delivery next day? Just wondered when we can expect dispatched notices to come in. Friday? Monday?

fyi just recived email from woolworths that my order is being canceled and my money will be refunded in 7 to 10 days
heres there email

At the time of ordering you quoted a discount code. Unfortunately this code was not issued to you. I am sorry to let you know we cannot accept it as a discount off your purchase.
We have cancelled your order in accordance with clause 2.3 of our terms and conditions.
If you paid for your order, the refund of any charges incurred will take 7-10 days.
Please note: If you have already returned the above items then please disregard this email.
I apologise for any disappointment this may have caused you.

and i have asked for my account to be canceled gits

and if you wondering what t&c 2.3 is

2.3 Promotional codes are codes that enable customers to obtain benefits such as discounts, free delivery and free gifts. These codes are non-transferable so may only be used by the person to whom they are issued and must only be used in accordance with their terms and conditions of use. If you use a promotional code to claim a promotional benefit, you must first check that it was issued to you and that you are eligible to use it. By using it to claim a promotional benefit you will be confirming that:whistle2:

(i) you are entitled to use the code;
(ii) you meet all the conditions that apply to its use;
(iii) you agree to the terms set out below.

If, before accepting your order, we find that you are not entitled to use the code or do not meet all the terms and conditions of its use, we may reject your order or alternatively process it without the promotional benefit being applied. If, after accepting your order, we find that you were not entitled to use the code or did not meet all the terms and conditions of its use, we may reverse the benefit that you obtained. If you transacted on a cash basis e.g. by debit or credit card, we may take a further payment, equivalent to the value of the benefit obtained, from the card used. If you transacted on a credit basis, the value of the benefit obtained may be charged to your credit account.

@D4ND4R3 Which deal codes did you use out of interest?

Thanks for the PM, but i wasn't talking about the actual codes. I just wondered if it was the £20 deal or the £25 one. Thanks.

Urgh, starting to think this deal isn't worth the hassle. Anyone else having the same e-mail? I've not received one yet.

Seems like a supermarket is the best bet right now.

I haven't received any email from woolworths but checking on my account is says that the order is now cancelled. I better get my refund.

yeah checked mine on a whim too and its been cancelled. Received no email. Rang customer services to find out what was going on. Rep said its "not a valid woolworths code". I replied, "if thats so, how was i able to redeem it and why was my money taken and why have i not been notified by email/phone?"

"thats down to the customer, and the code you used was not sent out to you personally so we have the right to retract"

apparently my payment (i paid PayPal) will be refunded..... within 10 to 14 days.

Best that can be expected from Littlewoods/woolies/very, we all had an inkling but still, no correspondance from them. :whistle2:x

[quote name='Pascual']Well looks like I'm going to Sainsburys then[/QUOTE]

+1

Thanks to the OP for posting the original deal, worth a shot anyway.

I've had my order cancelled now :(

I'm tempted to ring them and have a go as they accepted my transaction by part dispatching my order.

However it does show up in my transaction history that they're refunding £45...

I live in hope! Lol

Sainers it is!

i can't even access my account on the website.

are you guys just hoping sainsburys will do a good deal, or is there anything to suggest they are?

The going rumour at the moment is that Sainsburys are doing Black Ops for £25 for the first shipment only. It's seems quite likely that this will happen but it's still technically a rumour.

mines been cancelled too :( really annoying cause now i've got to send the other bit of the order back too.

probably for the best though, i don't even want the game that bad and frankly i could do with the money

*Shakes fist at all the people living in hope!*

Sometimes i don't know why i bother bargain hunting with a game i really want, might as well just pay for a service i know will deliver on time (ShopTo, CoolShop etc.)

Mine got cancelled around midnight last night. I didn't even get an email from Woolworths; the only way I found out was an email of a refund from PayPal.

Let's just hope that the Sainsburys £25 midnight deal is genuine, and that you don't have to buy anything else to get it at that price.

Just found mine has been cancelled - sent them a crappy email and got the stock response.

However, by not emailing anyone about the cancellation they have breached something called Treating Customers Fairly, an initiative by the Financial Standards Authority (FSA) which states:

Outcome 3: Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale.​

Which they have not done, I have flagged this with them but if you guys want to jump on the bandwagon then feel free, at the very least it will mean the FSA will take a closer look at their operation and business practices which will mean they can't do this to other people in the future, of you may get CoD at that price which would be a bonus and good for an ebay sale later on.

I'm still going to Sainsburys or somewhere for a midnight launch now though.

I have just checked mine and it has been cancelled, seems they are doing a wholesale cancel across the board, kinda glad as my xbox has crapped out on me and I won't be replacing it so will need to be getting it on PS3 now anyway, so a nice little blessing in disguise.

Just checked mine and it has been cancelled. No offence but this is really, really bad service since I received no email. I mean just say I only found this out on Tuesday? The disappointment would of killed me. But seriously, why have a code that anyone can use and then come out with some poor excuse like 'Oh, we didn't want everyone to use it.' I smell BS.

Never mind I've sent them a detailed message about there appalling service and how they might have a prime slot on BBC's Watchdog ;) No wonder Woolies retail stores went out of business.

[quote name='XingBa']Just checked mine and it has been cancelled. No offence but this is really, really bad service since I received no email. I mean just say I only found this out on Tuesday? The disappointment would of killed me. But seriously, why have a code that anyone can use and then come out with some poor excuse like 'Oh, we didn't want everyone to use it.' I smell BS.

Never mind I've sent them a detailed message about there appalling service and how they might have a prime slot on BBC's Watchdog ;) No wonder Woolies retail stores went out of business.[/QUOTE]

yea, really shoddy customer service, i'll certainly not be using woolworths again, not that I ever would as the prices are very poor anyway

if you no longer gonna use woolworths make sure you cancel your account i replyed to the cancelation email giving em my two cents and asking for account to be canceled which they did reluctantly .

hope to see this on watch dog .

Has anyone got a refund yet? I ordered AC:Brotherhood too, and thats cancelled but hasn't been refunded, and my brothers Black Ops hasn't been refunded either..

I am just a little bit bemused as to how Woolworths get so easily get away with this. I appreciate that usually, until a product is 'shipped' contracts are not usually binding; but as I understood where money is accepted directly and confirmation given, a reasonable contract had been entered into between customer and provider.

To not be given information of the cancellation nor have the funds returned immediately (in the manner in which the cash was given) seems a more than a little lax on their part.

Further, taking a browse through the Terms & Conditions there is no mention that I could see regarding PayPal payments and any 'get out' clause.

It's also a little worrying that when you attempt to get any information they put you through to a completely different department (specifically asking if this is a 'Black Ops' query) and then a rather abrasive adviser dealing with the issue to little more than 'you should get your money back in due course..' ..

[quote name='D4ND4R3']had my refund come through on thursday[/QUOTE]

Maybe the better question is has anyone NOT got a refund yet?

[quote name='RazorD']Maybe the better question is has anyone NOT got a refund yet?[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting.. from the initial order of the 28th..

[quote name='RazorD']Maybe the better question is has anyone NOT got a refund yet?[/QUOTE]
I haven't received mine yet, but that's PayPal's fault, as they're usually a bit slow to put the money in. I got the email about the refund at quarter to midnight on the 4th, so the money should be back in my account by Tuesday at the latest.

No refund, no emails and nothing on paypal. Worst thing is that the Woolworths transaction history says £20 will be refunded rather than the £25 I paid.

Not happy but knew the risk with the Shop Direct borderline con artists. Amazed trading standards has not been after them.

bread's done
Back