Call of Duty: Black Ops - Gen. Discussion & Info - OUT NOW

****ing shit. Beat the game on 'Hardened' to find out the trophy is glitched so any part that annoyed me was for naught. Single-player overall is good.

[quote name='Hostile']****ing shit. Beat the game on 'Hardened' to find out the trophy is glitched so any part that annoyed me was for naught. Single-player overall is good.[/QUOTE]

Care to tell us more about the glitched trophy? I would like to know ahead of time so that I won't run into the same problem...

[quote name='nakanenui']If you go left instead, and can get to the checkpoint, then you are golden. I tried going into the right side where you go down into a different room and got killed in there, then next time I went left and got checkpoint, but died. The respawn was at the checkpoint so I didnt have to clear all that shit again.[/QUOTE]

I tried your way last night and FINALLY pass the damn checkpoint :lol:

It seems that if you take the left, the game is tad bit glitched. The enemy AI didn't expect me to go left, so they didn't even shoot, weird eh? I was able to knife kill them to get to the room ahead for the checkpoint with ease. After that, I didn't die until the trenches in Vietnam...

If you go to the right, prepare for another firefight... At least four dudes to kill before reaching the checkpoint. It's not very hard, it's just anal (precise timing and got to be patient, I guess that's why it's veteran mode :lol:).

[quote name='Serpentor']That one, no :p[/QUOTE]

youll take black ops veteran over world at war veteran any day of the week my friend. in black ops, they toned down the grenade spam. try doing black ops but imagining a grenade by your side every 3-5 seconds.

also, there isnt anything you can do to avoid the veteran trophy glitches. it either gets ya or it doesnt. so good luck. im not messing with it until they patch it.

I have been getting the veteran trophies as I beat every set of missions (where you need 3 missions on veteran to pop). Once I beat this on veteran I will clean up on the easiest difficulty. Does it keep track of how many deaths you have during a veteran runthrough? And I have run into some spots where the enemy AI does do some grenade spamming (POW level). I hate how the grenade indicator is absolutely worthless both SP and MP.

Serpentor, glad it worked for you. That level had me ready to quit. Also the trenches one where you arent told that you need to do the barrels... now how F'D up are programmers that they dont tell you the objectives...

good job TREYARCH putting out an unfinished buggy piece of crap game that was so hyped. And why the hell cant I get better than a 2 bar ping on multiplayer, that is just utter BS.

[quote name='Serpentor']Care to tell us more about the glitched trophy? I would like to know ahead of time so that I won't run into the same problem...[/QUOTE]

I don't know what happened. I selected Hardened and I don't believe I ever changed that. It seems like a few people on Treyarch's forum and GameFAQs ran into the same problem.

Patch 1.03 Notes:

• 11/17 (full title update)
  • · Improved matchmaking to find matches significantly faster
  • · Improved matchmaking to ensure that players are more effectively matched to games with the best networking conditions
  • · Improved host selection to ensure that the best host is always selected in the pre-game lobby
  • · Improved party system to ensure that parties don’t get broken apart
  • · Disable ability to join Private Match, Combat Training and Theater lobbies when searching for Player Match games
  • · Server-side and game-side changes to decrease the amount of failed Film uploads
  • · Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)
  • · Prevention of Combat Training stats getting crossed with Player Match stats under rare conditions
  • · Prevention of temporary loss of functionality when a button was being held down at the point of a disconnect
  • · Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps and gunfire
  • · Additional fine-tuning of audio levels for bomb plants/defuses
  • · Additional online security enhancements
  • · Optimization to prevent friends list from spamming user while in game – will improve game performance for users with large numbers of friends

im looking for zombie partners. have a mic and dont be an annoying little kid. psn: eightbitartist. put in that youre from cag and youre lookin to play zombies.

I beat hardened mode for my first playthrough but never got the gold trophy (Black Ops Master). Since I wanted to get those silver trophies for beating the missions on veteran mode, I started doing them last night. Going in order from Operation 40, when I beat The Defector, the gold trophy popped up (along with the silver trophy - Down and Dirty). So from this experience I'm guessing the trophy glitch is in The Defector.

[quote name='the_grimace']Can anyone help me get the zombie trophies? everyone I play with online is pretty much horrible that has no idea what they are doing.[/QUOTE]

I'll help, but I've never played Zombies before.

My goal is to Prestige by Thanksgiving -- I'm 49 at the moment. After that, I'm down.

Beat the game over the weekend on veteran. Story was interesting, not too predictable. The whole experience was lessened because of the infinite spawning of enemies at some points combined with the 2-shots and you are dead aggravation because of the difficulty setting. Wondering if going on easier difficulty you could stand still and not die? Because on veteran if you put your head out for a peek at enemy position you get it blown off.

[quote name='nakanenui']Beat the game over the weekend on veteran. Story was interesting, not too predictable. The whole experience was lessened because of the infinite spawning of enemies at some points combined with the 2-shots and you are dead aggravation because of the difficulty setting. Wondering if going on easier difficulty you could stand still and not die? Because on veteran if you put your head out for a peek at enemy position you get it blown off.[/QUOTE]

I played through on recruit because I just wanted to blow through the campaign and get in to multiplayer. My kills were probably 30% knife.

Well, got around 1.5 days played on this game.

First things first, the gunplay and general game slow blows away MW2. This game is about the players and their guns, Mw2 was about the killstreaks and the campers who used them. Its different in design. I MUCH MUCH MUCH prefer Black ops.

Now, the major issue right now is SEVERE lag and Party issues. The first week this game came out, it wasnt even 1/5th as bad as it is now. Last 2 days, with parties in the size of 2-4 people, its just gotten so bad that its either always a) disconnect, b) someone gets kicked, c) game starts and we're on opposite teams, d) endless loading and forced to go to XMB, e) people end up in different lobbies, etc etc.

Its basically a huge nightmare to play this game online. Mw2 had no such issues by this same time frame we're at, and it comes down to netcode and talent. I understand that MW2 code was withheld from Treyarch, but frackin a, this is what public betas are for. Now, the other major issue that just gets WORSE with time, is the lag. I get so much lag these days its absurd. I shoot half a clip at the guy, hitmarkers the entire time, then he turns around and kills me. Watching killcam, i shot 1 single time and he turned around and killed me. Its just idiotic and not fun at all.

At this point, other then gun game, i dont know of a single reason to play it anymore. The lag is unbearable and shouldnt have to be suffered by anyone. MW2 had major lag issues as well, but this is about the same or worse most of the time now. At launch, it wasnt anywhere near as bad.

I need to take a break from the game since its driving me into a heart attack. My K/D is 1.50 so its not like i suck or anything.

i only need two more trophies in the zombie mode... the crossbow and ballistic knife ones. Anyone want to help me get them? I can help you get them as well then too.

Let me know!

[quote name='SynGamer']I'm up for some zombies sometime.[/QUOTE]

i'll add you on PSN later. These trophies are probably based on luck, so I may give up the cause to platinum this game, but I'm still up for playing zombies in general. :)

anyone else want to get in on zombies?

the zombie trophies arent really based on luck at all. just need a little skill. youll eventually get the ballistic knife and crossbow in the mystery box, then you just have to pack a punch it and do whatever the trophy needs. the other stuff is easy.

just beat veteran campaign and it wasnt anywhere near as hard as W@W. i beat it in about 8 hours where as some missions on veteran on W@W would take me 1-2 hours a piece.

ill play ZOmbies...
psn = chrislisting
plz add me ,thx
(sorry doble post im on my droid atm)
ps thank u trakan for the redirect

Last edited by a moderator:
also patch 1.06 totally fixeds xonnection issues,but they nerfed the great ak74u...the game is great now. i can now say w/o hesitation that it is indeed an improvement over mw2,and each patch seems to make it better (tho as some mentioned it was buggy and shouldnt have been,but hey at least its patched and hacker free).....anyone notice differences from the patch,esp in regaurds to ak74u recoil?

zombies,plz add me ,my psn is same as my cag = chrislisting

Anyone playing on the new maps yet? $14.99 seems a little steep for four new multiplayer maps. I may wait for BF3 and in the meantime just play Killzone 3 when I get bored of Black Ops.

[quote name='raistlin']Anyone playing on the new maps yet? $14.99 seems a little steep for four new multiplayer maps. I may wait for BF3 and in the meantime just play Killzone 3 when I get bored of Black Ops.[/QUOTE]
With MW2 getting patched on Tuesday, expect Black Ops to take a hit in terms of population. Most of us who bought Black Ops already invested money into the map packs on MW2, I certainly wouldn't recommend them unless you really really like Black Ops.

[quote name='Mad39er']With MW2 getting patched on Tuesday, expect Black Ops to take a hit in terms of population. Most of us who bought Black Ops already invested money into the map packs on MW2, I certainly wouldn't recommend them unless you really really like Black Ops.[/QUOTE]

$3.00 I don't even worry about the map prices, gamesharing FTMW (For The MASSIVE Win). As far as the maps being "worth" it, I would have slapped myself with a pound of frozen bacon if I would have paid $15 for the maps I'll say that.

The new maps arent great, but i liked stadium, and discovery isnt bad at all. Kowloon and Berlin Wall are just plain bad. The new zombie map is effing great.

That said, yah i paid 3 bucks for the maps, worth every penny. I feel sorry for people on 360 who paid 15 bucks for shitty maps, but they are dumb enough to play on 360, they deserve to get screwed and bent over for paying to play online.

[quote name='blitz6speed']The new maps arent great, but i liked stadium, and discovery isnt bad at all. Kowloon and Berlin Wall are just plain bad. The new zombie map is effing great.

That said, yah i paid 3 bucks for the maps, worth every penny. I feel sorry for people on 360 who paid 15 bucks for shitty maps, but they are dumb enough to play on 360, they deserve to get screwed and bent over for paying to play online.[/QUOTE]

Oh, burrrrn? Paying for XBL, internet connection, and FULL-PRICE DLC...hmmm.

bread's done
Back