Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Vengeance DLC Coming July 2

[quote name='krashhole']Doesn't matter how many copies of MW3 were sold because IMO, Black Ops was better hands down.[/QUOTE]

Amen brother!

Flawless victory! Gamestop went of smooth as silk, showed up at 11:50 stood by front door and then they as group 1 and I walked right in. :) 5th in line. Home and installing and looking at Hardened Edition extras. Pretty shitty honestly since Nuketown Zombies out in December... The US Army was there recruiting and hyping the crown and playing the game but I missed all that, oh well. :)

Huge crowd but honestly about half of MW3 turnout. The guy at the door was surprised and glad he off tomorrow when the 2000 preorders hit um that didn't come tonight in the cold.

[quote name='$hady']Flawless victory! Gamestop went of smooth as silk, showed up at 11:50 stood by front door and then they as group 1 and I walked right in. :) 5th in line. Home and installing and looking at Hardened Edition extras. Pretty shitty honestly since Nuketown Zombies out in December... The US Army was there recruiting and hyping the crown and playing the game but I missed all that, oh well. :)

Huge crowd but honestly about half of MW3 turnout. The guy at the door was surprised and glad he off tomorrow when the 2000 preorders hit um that didn't come tonight in the cold.[/QUOTE]

Good stuff, man. I wanted to get the hardened edition but it was already too late by the time I pre ordered it. Guess it ended up being a good thing.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']I guess I hadn't checked the numbers recently, last I checked Blops had sold more.[/QUOTE]

Not a big deal I was honestly surprised myself.

So far I am enjoying BO2. I wasn't a big fan of BO but I like this one more. Some of the weapons feel better, the sound effects are better and I'm only talking about mp, I usually don't mess with sp until a cople of months of playing mp.

decided to pass on going to best buy midnight release just not worth it. Will probably be picking the hardened edition up today once best buy opens after the gym. Hardened edition worth buying or just switch to reg.? Preorder the HE one

Hardened Edition is just the game in a steelbook case and an extra game-size cardboard box with the 2 physical tokens. One of the tokens has a 4-5-4 code on it (redeemed on callofduty.com/blackops2ce) for the digital soundtrack and
Your Zombies Themed Player Card Background, Nuketown 2025 Player Card Background and Exclusive Weapon Camo will be activated in your account within the next 24 hours.

There is also a card with codes in the game box for the Nuketown Zombies DLC map, Nuketown 2025 DLC map, Zombie Avatar clothing (Male/Female), and avatar prop. The maps are NOT just download keys.

After seeing what came with the hardened edition, sort of happy I didn't get it. If I enjoy the game, I'll end up buying the season pass so I'll still get the Nuketown Zombies map anyways which is why I initially wanted the hardened edition. Still have to wait until 10 am here on the west coast to pick it up from BB though.

Waiting for my Amazon copy to come in but very excited by the reviews I've seen. Not surprised either -- Treyarch did a great job on Black Ops (and World at War) so to see them essentially "taking over" this series from the fragments of IW that are left is not surprising. See you guys online!

MS store has shipped my game, it said 3-5 ground ship in the email but im hoping it says next day air when the UPS info finally shows up. IM SO EXCITED TO GET THIS GAME!!!!!:whee:

At first, I loved every aspect of it. The sounds are incredible and the guns felt unique and refreshing. The maps were vibrant and colorful and seemed to encourage objective based gameplay. I was having fun, even if I was doing the greatest. Then, more and more people started getting the game and just as you'd expect, it's already starting to go down the shitter. I have never seen so many people hiding behind things in a game as I do in this one. Headglitching in this is to OMA+noobtubes in MW2. That and I haven't found a gun that I really, really like yet. A few of them are decent, but I'm already level 29 and I haven't found a gun that I can cling on to and do well with. It feels like I lose every single gun fight instantly. I go to shoot and literally before I know it, I'm dead. I'm not doing the greatest and I'm barely struggling to maintain a positive K/D, so that could be what's frustrating me and I'm sure a part of it has to do with the lack of sleep and the adjustments to the new game, but it's a bit overwhelming to think that I'm only a few hours in and I already feel this way.

Not to mention there's still the usual CoD features such as ragequitting, being put in lobbies to replace those ragequitters, host migration. Another thing that's pissed me off is that the game has froze my PS3 three times already to the point where I had to do a hard reset each time.

And don't even get me started on Nuketown 2025. The map looks fucking awesome, but boy is it even more of a clusterfuck than the original. Demolition is an instant spawn-trap and the game does nothing to help you in that situation. No matter what, it won't flip the spawns. I would literally spawn into a flashbang.

I really want to like this and I hope my opinion changes once I get some rest, but damn, I hate the Call of Duty community.

/rant

Such a harsh review for someone who has only played the game for a few hours. Everyone is going to struggle until they learn the maps. I was hiding in corners myself because I like seeing what kind of angles I can get on the enemy and where the "choke" points are. My advice would be to learn the maps and the weapons first before writing up a public review full of hate simply because you were frustrated.

[quote name='Tsel']Headglitching in this is to OMA+noobtubes in MW2.

Not to mention there's still the usual CoD features such as ragequitting, being put in lobbies to replace those ragequitters, host migration.[/QUOTE]

Headglitching??

Every year people bitch about the ragequitting thing. Who gives a shit if you got put into the lobby. You have options... 1) Quit out right away 2) Beat the piss out of the team the next match 3) Have friends so you don't have to worry about being put in empty lobbies.

[quote name='mvp828']Headglitching??

Every year people bitch about the ragequitting thing. Who gives a shit if you got put into the lobby. You have options... 1) Quit out right away 2) Beat the piss out of the team the next match 3) Have friends so you don't have to worry about being put in empty lobbies.[/QUOTE]THIS! I have my xbox setup so that I can only hear the people that are on my friends list. COD games basically made me do this because I was fed up with listening to all of the immature adults with their "your mom", "camper", etc etc bullshit. I pretty much won't play these games unless I am with my clan. We hold down one side of the map and we usually dominate match after match. Call us campers all you want, but the most important part is we are winning :applause:

[quote name='krashhole']THIS! I have my xbox setup so that I can only hear the people that are on my friends list. COD games basically made me do this because I was fed up with listening to all of the immature adults with their "your mom", "camper", etc etc bullshit. I pretty much won't play these games unless I am with my clan. We hold down one side of the map and we usually dominate match after match. Call us campers all you want, but the most important part is we are winning :applause:[/QUOTE]

Camper..... Lol jk. I agree, the game is much more fun with a group of friends, and I generally never listen to anyone not in my party. People get way to angry....

guy on my local craigslist trying to hawk regular copies of the game for $200 claiming its sold out everywhere...the guy has to have mental issues if he thinks anyone is going to believe him.

[quote name='Tsel']It feels like I lose every single gun fight instantly. I go to shoot and literally before I know it, I'm dead. I'm not doing the greatest and I'm barely struggling to maintain a positive K/D, so that could be what's frustrating me and I'm sure a part of it has to do with the lack of sleep and the adjustments to the new game, but it's a bit overwhelming to think that I'm only a few hours in and I already feel this way. /rant[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. I really thought Treyarch would learn from both their and IW's mistakes. I didn't think it'd be possible for them to make a game worse than Black Ops. I was wrong. Day fucking one and I'm already regretting buying it. The spawns are equally as bad as MW3's if not worse, and the maps are actually bigger. You'd think they would see what happened with MW3 and not go with that design philosophy, but nope. The hit detection is terrible. Killed around corners constantly. You can see a guy first, get the first few shots in him, and still lose. It makes no sense.

Thank God for Halo 4.

Thats why i stick to hardcore modes. It takes a lot less ammo to kill someone. Getting killed around corners just sounds like lag. My internet sucks, i usually play hardcore and try to use some kind of ghost abilities to hide me from showing up on radars. Try to get some kind of advantage back.

So is second chance/last stand in this game? Thats really the only thing i hated in Blops 1.

All the QS whiners crack me up, it's gay but not a deal breaker. I played MP till I hit 20 and went to bed and encountered exactly 1 QS'er and he was negative on a losing team. Encountered more overpowered shotty speed classes than snipers.

GOTY ok ok online GOTY. :) It feels natural the customization is incredible and a huge move forward. Don't want a pistol and nades? Sure no problem just take a jacked up primary with 3 attachments and a bunch of perks. Shit just got real!

Need to redeem my Nuketown codes and try zombies still I always feel MP is a race to get to the good stuff though especially with ghost being at 55 this year. I'm hoping ghost pro just makes you invisible since ghost only blinds you when sprinting.....

[quote name='krashhole']Such a harsh review for someone who has only played the game for a few hours. Everyone is going to struggle until they learn the maps. I was hiding in corners myself because I like seeing what kind of angles I can get on the enemy and where the "choke" points are. My advice would be to learn the maps and the weapons first before writing up a public review full of hate simply because you were frustrated.[/QUOTE]
I played for about 8 hours and I'm already level 29 so I'd say I put in sufficient playing time before giving my review. Like I said, I will attribute most of what I was feeling towards that frustration and give my final thoughts after a few days. Those were just my initial impressions after playing the game for a while.

[quote name='mvp828']Headglitching??

Every year people bitch about the ragequitting thing. Who gives a shit if you got put into the lobby. You have options... 1) Quit out right away 2) Beat the piss out of the team the next match 3) Have friends so you don't have to worry about being put in empty lobbies.[/QUOTE]
Headglitching is where someone hides behind something and you can only see their head, yet they can still shoot you. It makes for an incredibly unfair gunfight when they have your entire body to shoot at, but you only get a tiny head to aim for.

And the ragequitting thing is a minor gripe that can be dealt with easily, but it's still annoying. Just last night, I got put into 3 games in a row where the game had just ended, so I had to sit and watch the final killcam, look at the scoreboard where myself and many others are 0-0 because we just got put into the game, and then wait for the game to go back to the lobby. I do have friends, but my main clan lives in England so we're on completely different schedules.

And yeah, I didn't encounter a single quickscoper at all. I was messing around with the snipers and I didn't feel like you actually could quickscope with them. There's a lot of initial sway and it takes a bit to actually aim down your sights. Good on them.

Is anyone else getting the same game-breaking freeze bugs that I am getting? In story mode, I had the game freeze twice on me in the first mission alone and once again between games in multiplayer.

I've installed the game... maybe I should not have?

I'm overjoyed shotguns don't actually suck in this game. Unfortunately because the average gamer can't handle dying by one I expect the lot of them to be nerfed by next month.

I tried to play a few online games last night and found that in every single game, I would always get "choppiness" that didn't quite fit the description of typical lag. The game would just stop for a second, and then it would resume like nothing had happened. Not like your normal lag where everyone keeps on going in a straight line, etc. I thought about it more, and realized that is probably what I get for trying to run a game in 3D on hardware that can barely run its own operating system in the main menus without freezing or crashing. Later tonight I will have to try it with the 3D off and see if I get the same effect. However, the 3D I did see looked rather nice.

Secondly, I am really missing the lack of the support strike package. I know that I am not the greatest player in the world and long ago accepted that I will never experience the flashy killstreaks, but I did find a great amount of enjoyment by being able to help my team out with the protective vests and the recon drone. I really liked flying that thing around and got great joy out of marking the campers that did not show up on the normal radar. Now, with the scorestreak system driving people to camp like never before, I will be lucky to even throw up a UAV in between when I am getting instantly killed before I have a chance to even shoot at someone.

I usually get my games from Amazon early in the day, but I had to wait til 7 P.M. for Halo 4 and I'm still waiting on this one. Damn you, UPS!

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I'm overjoyed shotguns don't actually suck in this game. Unfortunately because the average gamer can't handle dying by one I expect the lot of them to be nerfed by next month.[/QUOTE]

Uh, what? What shotguns are you using? I tried using the two starting ones and they're terrible. I'm pretty disappointed in them so far, it seems like they have very little range. Anything beyond breathing distance and you get shit on by SMGs or ARs.

[quote name='Trakan']Uh, what? What shotguns are you using? I tried using the two starting ones and they're terrible. I'm pretty disappointed in them so far, it seems like they have very little range. Anything beyond breathing distance and you get shit on by SMGs or ARs.[/QUOTE]

Maybe its because I was playing with a bunch of new people but in my very first MP game I was killing it with the shotgun...I quit using it once I unlocked new weapons but I'll probably make a class and go back to it.

[quote name='Trakan']Uh, what? What shotguns are you using? I tried using the two starting ones and they're terrible. I'm pretty disappointed in them so far, it seems like they have very little range. Anything beyond breathing distance and you get shit on by SMGs or ARs.[/QUOTE]

You're spot on when it comes to the range, but with the amount of one shot kills at close to mid I've gotten using the R870 pump I can hardly complain. It's reliable enough that after two hours of playtime I've scored over 160 kills with 80%+ accuracy. Compared to how much you had to work to kill with anything that wasn't the Striker in MW3 I'm thankful for the good fortune I've had thus far.

Been rocking the long barrel and stock/dual mags flanking like a mad man. Hell... the most shots I've had to take were 4 slightly outside of mid range. Two has more or less been the norm at mid and close practically guarantees a one shot. It's the only class where I stack perks and run without any secondaries.

Now that I've moved on to the SMGs I'm actually doing worse in close quarter. ;\

I'm in love with the R870 shotgun. The range is god awful, even with the long barrel, but up close it's a beast and almost guaranteed to be a one shot kill.

I don't know what that boat map is called, but it easily has the worst spawns on any map in any shooter on any system. It's just flat out horrific.

With that said, I still enjoy the map, ha.

I'm not enjoying this anymore with time. It's depressing, really. It's the hiding behind barrels and peeking your head out that gets to me. I encounter that more than anything.

I don't play games, but, on a whim, bought BLOPS 2 and 13-months Live using the decent Best Buy deal. Solid game. Probably the best in the series. I've always been a Treyarch multi fan, so it has been like riding a bicycle. Have yet to unlock my Combat Record but I've been at 3.00 for KDR, and this is the first game I have given a play in almost a year. Very fun stuff. No complaints.

Dammit, I keep getting a unrecognized disc error. Going to try to exchange it for another one tomorrow. Not sure whats wrong...only other game I started having that problem with was Dark Souls...bought a new copy a few days ago and it works perfectly now.

I'm getting some disconnection issues in the middle of games. Never really happened to me before. Hopefully that gets ironed out.

There is still some spotty lag, but it seems much better for me than MW3 thus far. Enjoying it so far. If anyone wants to play hit me up.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']You're spot on when it comes to the range, but with the amount of one shot kills at close to mid I've gotten using the R870 pump I can hardly complain. It's reliable enough that after two hours of playtime I've scored over 160 kills with 80%+ accuracy. Compared to how much you had to work to kill with anything that wasn't the Striker in MW3 I'm thankful for the good fortune I've had thus far.

Been rocking the long barrel and stock/dual mags flanking like a mad man. Hell... the most shots I've had to take were 4 slightly outside of mid range. Two has more or less been the norm at mid and close practically guarantees a one shot. It's the only class where I stack perks and run without any secondaries.

Now that I've moved on to the SMGs I'm actually doing worse in close quarter. ;\[/QUOTE]

I gave the R870 another chance and after the long barrel and laser sight, it's decent. You may have played with the MW3 shotguns post patch, which would probably explain the confusion. They buffed the KSG and the USAS, and both were great afterwards when you had damage. The R870 has nothing on either of those, but I'm having fun with it. I don't understand why Treyarch makes it so aiming down sights is more accurate with shotguns. It kind of kills them when you aren't using a pump action.

I have never been a big shotgun user. I mainly stick with assault rifles and SMG's. As of now, I use the MTAR and the MP7 because they seem the best balanced guns to me so far. I will occasionally use the SWAT-556 coupled with an acog scope as well. Me and my clan guys (OGC Untouchables) ran several matches today and it is definitely going to take some time to figure the maps out. So far Hijacked (The ship one) is one of hardest maps because you are in such a small area and the spawns flip fast. Standoff, Slums, and Drone are some of my favorite maps so far. Far as lag and host migration, we ran into it a few times, but nothing severe. The game has only been out for a day, but I'm confident Treyarch will deal with the issues as they arise.

Every now and then, I still get the infamous "Black Ops shitty spawn" but it may happen once or twice every few games where it seemed to happen every game in BO. To the person who hasn't found a gun they like yet. I have to agree somewhat. I usually am a big assault rifle fan and don't like the 3 round burst guns but the Sig556 is pretty good and when you get like level 30 or 31, the M27 is like an M4 and is really good. With regards to CQB, the MP7 has been rocking people's worlds for me and I am using grip and silencer. I know IGN gave BO a 8.5 and BO2 a 9.3 and I take little interest in reviews but in this case, I think they are right about this one better than the first but that's just my opinion since I wasn't a big fan of the first one and am having fun with this one.

The maps are pretty good. There aren't any that I would call awesome, but the majority of them are miles ahead of MW3's maps.

bread's done
Back