Call of Duty Black OPS

Haven't played in forever, looking to get back into it this week.

Trak, you guys still play regularly? Work has dominated my time lately but I'd definitely like to get some games in with you guys again.

Also, what level / prestige are you these days? 50 & 15?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Haven't played in forever, looking to get back into it this week.

Trak, you guys still play regularly? Work has dominated my time lately but I'd definitely like to get some games in with you guys again.

Also, what level / prestige are you these days? 50 & 15?[/QUOTE]

I don't think we play as much as we used to. Took a break for the last few weeks as well.

I just hit prestige 13.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Haven't played in forever, looking to get back into it this week.[/QUOTE]

Don't kid yourself. It's mahvel time in two weeks, baby. :cool:

I wish they would change it so if you are team killed you dont lose your kill streak. Its so annoying when you get team killed and have to start over when you are up to 7 or 8 kills.

do we get double EXP soon? I feel it's necesairy, as a lot of people have lost interest.

PM63 is dope though. So is the dual mag attachment. But how much more ammo does it give you?

[quote name='RobMinhas']do we get double EXP soon? I feel it's necesairy, as a lot of people have lost interest.

PM63 is dope though. So is the dual mag attachment. But how much more ammo does it give you?[/QUOTE]

I think it is usually 1.5 times what the original clip size is. I know the AK-74U has an extended mag clip size of 45. I know that some guns may be different though (similar to how the AA-12 was doubled in MW2).

A couple of videos I just uploaded from the past week.

This one I just decided to try the ACOG for sniping. FYI, it seems to be near impossible to kill anyone at the counter sniping spot from the cliff on Jungle with an ACOG on a sniper rifle. A number of times (not in this video) I get repeated hit markers on the same person but no kill.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETJki0DcdOw

I just made this one to show why I like extended mag on most guns. I ended 34-2 on this TDM.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7MfGM-W1wQ

[quote name='The 7th Number']They must have fixed the uploading of videos in the last update. Its taking me about 2 minutes to upload lately, before it took about 7-8 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this was the first time I've uploaded since the patch and it seems much quicker but I hate that they removed the upload timer and now instead have just a count to 100. Also, I wish the videos were just a little higher quality when uploaded granted that would bring the time back up but I wouldn't mind the hit.

[quote name='woodcan']A couple of videos I just uploaded from the past week.

This one I just decided to try the ACOG for sniping. FYI, it seems to be near impossible to kill anyone at the counter sniping spot from the cliff on Jungle with an ACOG on a sniper rifle. A number of times (not in this video) I get repeated hit markers on the same person but no kill.
[/QUOTE]

You did better than me. I can't use the ACOG worth a damn.

[quote name='Arikado']Don't kid yourself. It's mahvel time in two weeks, baby. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Oh helllllllllllll yeah but maybe getting back into this will help tide me over.

Yeah im really burnt out from this game, 8th prestige around level 16 or so. I was just playing nuketown and dropped a care package and sentry gun can, then an enemy spawns 5 feet from me and shoots me and takes my packages. So i just quit, getting tired of bullshit. I think im going to still buy the maps, but part of me thinks maybe i shouldnt. Because im so burnt out from playing it so much.

I refuse to prestige, at least til I beat the multiplayer. (all challenges and guns and stuff)

I see no point in losing all my stuff for a stupid icon, a few playlists, and various other crap.

Why the hell are people coming in here just to post they are getting rid of the game? Put that in a blog or a message to your friends. We don't really care if someone is getting rid of the game unless maybe they regularly play with someone around here that wouldn't know otherwise. I remember the good old days when the COD threads were talking about good/fun matches, custom games, etc and lately it just seems like the conversation just turns into a whine fest.....guess I'll bring cheese next time I visit for the inevitable map pack whining. I know everybody has complaints but that's the majority of what anybody posts about anymore. Hell, during matches I complain about BS deaths all the time (lucky grenades, corner camper, etc) but I get excited more often about kills against campers, cheap bastards and other idiots. How about some more cool videos or maybe even a video showing something you thought was BS that happened to you so we can analyze and hypothesize about it at least.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Yeah im really burnt out from this game, 8th prestige around level 16 or so. I was just playing nuketown and dropped a care package and sentry gun can, then an enemy spawns 5 feet from me and shoots me and takes my packages. So i just quit, getting tired of bullshit. I think im going to still buy the maps, but part of me thinks maybe i shouldnt. Because im so burnt out from playing it so much.[/QUOTE]

Nuketown is like that where if your team is crossing the street or you let the enemy cross the street they can easily flip the spawns. Hell one time I planted a Sentry gun facing the backyard and was able to pick off several kills of the enemy team spawning behind us. Another good tactic that often seems to help is to have your team plant claymores in the few spawn locations behind you and the game often keeps the enemy from spawning on the claymores. You should be weary of the backyard spawn locations when calling in care packages. Another thing is maybe you should try playing some Core and even something other than TDM since it sounds like a lot of your frustrations fall within the implications of Hardcore (i.e. killed from last stand bullet, team-killed, etc). I know every time I've tried to play Hardcore since MW2 the matches were rife with corner campers even more so than any other mode. Also, do you usually play alone? I know it's a lot more fun playing with friends since I know most of the time they have my back vs playing with randoms where I can see an enemy usually pass right by one of my teammates unscathed to kill me. It's also nice to play with people using mics who will call out enemy positions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got burned out as well when I hit the 5 1/2 day mark. I took a couple weeks off and now i'm back. Why sell it just take a break people! This is the longest i've ever stuck with a CoD usually the map packs bring me back to the game. Nothing else that great is begging to be played right now and my crazy work schedule the past 6 month left me unable to sleep on days off so i'd just play CoD all night lol.

Pumped for maps and would love a double EXP weekend or something. :D

[quote name='$hady']Pumped for maps and would love a double EXP weekend or something. :D[/QUOTE]

double xp starts Feb 4th and runs til the 6th :bouncy:

I really wish the levels / unlock would cross all platforms. I have this for PC and PS3 (Single Player) and it's really annoying to have to rank up twice so I typically play the PS3 single player campaign and the PC multi and call it a day. :/

There wouldn't really be any way to do that, would there? I suppose if there was stuff like EA accounts like in Bad Company 2 and it could link the accounts together, that'd be cool. I wish Bad Company 2 did that, I recently got it for PC but I'm at level 1, which is really unappealing.

I foresee a huuuuge spike in SnD on Feb. 4th-6th.

First Strike is on XBL for download but when you go to buy it it says it costs -1 MS point and if you click purchase at that point it says you have insufficient points and that you need 4,294,967,295 MS points to buy it. Hmmm not the best way to launch something...

Maybe i'll try buying it on the xbox live website.

Got up early and played some on the new maps b4 work. I like them so far. Had me missing a few of the old maps though. I honestly loved Trailer Park and that Circus one from the last MW2 map pack. I couldnt find a play list just for the new map packs though. They should do a moshpit type setup with these new maps. All I got a chance to play was HFFA. Cant wait to try Search on them.

So, how do the new maps work, do you only get into games with people with or without the map pack, or does it boot you when a new map comes up if you don't have it?

I loathe spending $15 on maps, but I hate getting booted for no good reason even more.

I now see that they are doing a moshpit for Fri and the dbl XP weekend. Excited for that. For me when I picked the game type the new maps came right to the top each time. It was a choice of new maps and old maps and everyone who I played with must have had the new maps b/c we got all votes for them and played nothing but them.

Finally messed around with the theater to throw up a couple videos...

The first one happened last night during a match of Sabotage on Launch. Originally I thought I got the whole team, but it appeared one lucky bastard escaped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMljHCPLGg8

The second was from awhile ago, I just never got around to finally editing it (which yes I know the editing sucks on this one).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC2o3zwWXF0

Double xp from 4th to 6th, great.... i could possibly level up a whole prestige in that much time. Wonder if i can get to 9th prestige before that starts. Ill probably download the maps later today and play them. Hope they are good! On another note, wish they would throw us some old WAW maps that were good.

The maps are OK. I like the new zombie map pack, especially with the zombie monkeys :)
If it weren't for all my friends blowing their money on the maps I would have said screw it, but everyone got it so I had to buy them at $15.

I like Kowloon the best because it rains! Though honestly nothing has come close to the circus map for me in MW2.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Anyone playing the new maps? What do you think?[/QUOTE]

Typical map pack release. Maps are okay, nothing great. It would be nice if I could complete a round without the servers timing out.

Eh what the fuck, I'm going to pick them up now. I'm more excited for the zombies map, but a change of pace for the online MP can't hurt. I should be on for a while and after 7, Millertime2325 is my tag.

I sincerely wish they hadn't made Pack-A-Punch access lander dependent. It makes it practically impossible to use when playing with brain dead randoms who won't buy doors, call landers every five seconds to support their shitty camping spots and constantly follow you around so when you have to escape you can't without tripping over them in the process.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']I know it sounds silly but I was hoping the actual hockey rink was playable in that Stadium level...instead its locked up in the back of the level. Dang it![/QUOTE]

Yeah that was a let down. But i like stadium so far.

I dont really like berlin wall. Seems like way too many buildings you can enter and camp, along with snipers being able to sit back and snipe you the second you are in their aim. You have no idea where its coming from. Then again its a new map so i havent gotten used to them yet.

Kowloon seems pretty good, again lots of camping spots for scrubs. Zip lines are a nice idea but i dont see them being used much, if they are they will be a campers dream. Probably a better map for S&D or something with an objective.

I havent even played on discovery yet, i hope its in the Hardcore TDM playlist! But someone said its huge.

I just wish these COD devs would stay true to theyre word. DOUBLE XP means DOUBLE XP. Contracts(that provide xp bonus), Challenges, First blood, And all the other tons of lil bonus xp markers should be doubled too. Not just per kill double. ;)

Hey, Double XP is something thats rare to get I don't complain. I'm hoping to get up to level 50 (I prestiged a bit ago and am at 33 right now) on the weekend. I can't stand not having my AK or Commando. :/

I thought it was stupid when you are on the Berlin Wall map, and go into no mans land with ghost pro and the sentry guns still shoot you. I figured that if you had ghost pro you were safe. Guess not.

I finally played Discovery, and i think its a cool map. So far they are all pretty cool.

Man these things are taking forever to download. I've had them downloading for over 5 hours with nothing competing with the bandwith and they're only 85% complete.

I've been playing Costume Quest on PSN (got it on sale today before the update) and almost beat it waiting for these maps to download.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Kowloon fucking sucks. Too much camping and Ninja is rendered useless by the rain.

I shouldn't have to make a class just for one map. That's fucking stupid.[/QUOTE]

the amount of camping on Kowloon is absurd, map is great but the way people play on it is ruining it

I wish I enjoyed Black Ops enough to want to get the maps. Eh, maybe in the future. Hardcore TDM and Wager Matches have been my 100% focus as of late when I get around to wanting to play it.

Just picked the maps up because my friends are grabbing them tonight. Don't like the idea of spending 15.00, but I guess I gotta keep up :lol:

[quote name='AlphaPanda']I wish I enjoyed Black Ops enough to want to get the maps.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played in a few weeks but would jump on the map packs if they were $5. $15 is nonsense.

Yeah I downloaded the maps last night, probably won't get to play until Thursday or Friday night though.

I don't play a ton, but there isn't much out I plan on picking up any time soon (Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is the only game on my Goozex request list). So it's just Black Ops and finishing Dragon Age Ultimate for the foreseeable future for me.

So I figured it was worth it to get the maps and freshen up the game some.

Switched up my killstreaks yesterday to include Dogs and got it twice within around 5 games yesterday. Granted they were on Domination, felt good to get Dogs from something other than a care package.

bread's done
Back