Call of Duty Black OPS

Man i just love having lightweight and marathon just to get trapped by teammates in front of me when a match starts LOL.

Someone in black ops said something about a 3rd map pack. I think he was just joking, but thought id ask here, because i havent heard anything about it.

Ive been trying to get marathon pro, only thing i need is 10 more CTF. Man its really a pain in the ass. Wish there was an easier way. I was playing a game on berlin wall and got 3 feet from our flag and got shot in the back. The only positive is im prestige 15 so i only have to do this one more time. Ive done it before when i was a lower prestige.

The 2nd DLC maps arent that good. Hotel is just too big. Convoy is pretty much snipers. Zoo has a lot of campers in odd places/too many weird spots to camp in. Stockpile is ok, really havent played on it that much. But overall i think map pack 1 is better.

I always wondered why they never had bullets slow people down. That'd...make sense, wouldn't it?

Played some Combat Training with a buddy the other day for a bit, but besides that I've pretty much had my fill of this game and I think I'll just wait until MW3/Battlefield 3 comes out. Re-bought MW2 a couple months ago and have played that a bunch more than this. I had a lot of fun with it, but it just wore down.

I wonder if they'll ever stop coming out with 1200-point map packs, I hate paying 15 dollars for 4 maps.

Damn i had a sweet tomahawk today, along with a 2nd tomahawk in the same match, and at the end of the match let an enemies care package crush me. Problem is when i went to theater it wasnt even listed in my recent games. Really wanted to make a video using that match too!

Finally got 15 CTF, so im running with marathon pro! WOO!

7th that missing match thing has happened to me a few times, just try looking for it again later today. The one that gets me is when someone leaves mid-match so it host-migrates and half of the match is missing that I wanted to record from :whistle2:( sometimes it's there split up and sometimes it isn't there at all.

On a side note, I picked up MW2 again and tried playing, god fucking awful game. IT's sooooooooooooooooooooo bad.

Black Ops looks like a perfection in comparison, with the exception of the knife/builtin commando perk for everyone but me of course. Broken knife is broken.

[quote name='hustletron']On a side note, I picked up MW2 again and tried playing, god fucking awful game. IT's sooooooooooooooooooooo bad.

Black Ops looks like a perfection in comparison, with the exception of the knife/builtin commando perk for everyone but me of course. Broken knife is broken.[/QUOTE]

I went back to it recently too and couldn't disagree more.

I like Black ops a lot more because MW2 had a lot of noob friendly weapons/perks/whatever. Only thing i hate about black ops is second chance and RC cars. Otherwise id say its pretty solid game.

Has anyone had this issue? Ill be playing a game and the announcer guy will say my equipment has been destroyed, but i didnt have any up, or its already been destroyed.

I hate when i get bad lag. I think its my connection? I know i have a slow connection. There are times where i see a guy and im dead already, or i will go around the corner and still get shot, warped back to before i went around the corner. Even times where i shoot a guy first half a second before he shoots me back, but i end up dead. Would this improve if my internet was faster?

Gotta go with Trakan on that one, I picked up MW2 again about a month and a half ago and have been having a lot more fun with that compared to Black Ops. Black Ops is fun, but I got bored of it.

7th, I think the lag is just the game's lag compensation, that happens to me a lot. I'm sure slow internet doesn't exactly help, but it's most likely not just solely you.

[quote name='The 7th Number']

Has anyone had this issue? Ill be playing a game and the announcer guy will say my equipment has been destroyed, but i didnt have any up, or its already been destroyed.
[/QUOTE]

This started happening to me lately and I don't know why either. Never had it come before until about maybe 2-3 weeks ago.

I prob have played MW2 more than BO over the past 2 months. MW2 still pisses me off (OMA, nuke, commando) but it feels like a smoother game to me. BO is still fun (never picked up the first map pack but just picked up the 2nd one) and is much better than W@W.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Has anyone had this issue? Ill be playing a game and the announcer guy will say my equipment has been destroyed, but i didnt have any up, or its already been destroyed.[/QUOTE]

Tomahawks can be destroyed, and you get that message when they are, so that's likely what it is.

[quote name='hustletron']On a side note, I picked up MW2 again and tried playing, god fucking awful game. IT's sooooooooooooooooooooo bad.

Black Ops looks like a perfection in comparison, with the exception of the knife/builtin commando perk for everyone but me of course. Broken knife is broken.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Trakan']I went back to it recently too and couldn't disagree more.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree and disagree with both of you...

I have played both of them a good amount of time in the past month, and there are definitely some things in both games that are frustrating... Both games do some things well, and both games do some things shitty.

I like that most sniper rifles in MW2 will actually kill someone in one shot (assuming it's at least a head or chest shot). It is also nice to be able to resupply claymores, C4, etc. I don't like how Commando and tubes are so damn overpowered. I also have grown to like Treyarch's non-stackable killstreaks more so after having seen so many people in MW2 that like to just sit back to get their first killstreak by hiding in some obscure corner.

As for Black Ops, I enjoy the ability to not have to listen to the screaming 12 year-olds in lobbies. I also like that for every type of player/team their is some sort of counter available. It is also nice to be able to have your Grenades, and equipment instead of just one or the other. At the same time, I hate getting put into lobbies with people from other countries even when I search by locale. The small amounts of in-game lag I do get are definitely starting to get annoying as well.

I guess all I can hope for out of MW3 is that IW swallows a little bit of pride (or at least what pride they have left that isn't in shambles, much like their team) and actually accept what things Treyarch has done better and incorporate them into MW3. This of course in addition to the removal of OMA and Commando (which has for the most part been confirmed).

I fucking loathe Commando, OMA, and Danger Close, but in the rest of MW2 the good outweighs the bad so much more than in Black Ops. There are too many to list, but these are the big ones IMO.

- Sniper rifles actually work.
- Hit detection is infinitely better.
- Shotguns are good (The hit detection in BO may be partially to blame for them sucking. I wouldn't have a problem with shotguns going back to primaries if they were as good as they were in MW2.)
- The game doesn't lag when people join/leave or call in killstreaks.
- Games actually repopulate if people quit.
- There is no ultimate weapon like in BO. There are so many good guns in MW2 that it just comes down to personal preference. If you run into someone using the Famas in BO, you're already at a disadvantage.

I'm very afraid of the future of COD. Treyarch really fucked up the community with BO. It taught people to hide with Ghost in corners to get killstreaks. This has carried over into MW2 as well. MW2 does have stopping power though, so you don't see too many people doing it. With MW3 they're removing stopping power, so I don't know what to think/expect. Hopefully stacking killstreaks return so that people are less likely to hide in corners and try to get them.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Tomahawks can be destroyed, and you get that message when they are, so that's likely what it is.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh then thats probably what it is. Speaking of tomahawks, i cant find any stats for it. I see every weapon, and how many kills i got with it, and my k/d ratio with it. But i dont see any kill totals for nades or tomahawks, unless im overlooking it somewhere?

It happened to me again today, we got owned, and i was getting killed really easy with one shot. I went back to see what guns they were using, but the video footage wasnt in my recent history. :(

Another weird thing thats been happening lately is when we vote on a map, it will show the map that won, then it will switch to something else. Sometimes even switch two times. Maybe it has something to do with the map pack? Because i think a few times i remember a map winning, then it turning into hotel. I hate hotel.

[quote name='Trakan']I fucking loathe Commando, OMA, and Danger Close, but in the rest of MW2 the good outweighs the bad so much more than in Black Ops. There are too many to list, but these are the big ones IMO.

- Sniper rifles actually work.
- Hit detection is infinitely better.
- Shotguns are good (The hit detection in BO may be partially to blame for them sucking. I wouldn't have a problem with shotguns going back to primaries if they were as good as they were in MW2.)
- The game doesn't lag when people join/leave or call in killstreaks.
- Games actually repopulate if people quit.
- There is no ultimate weapon like in BO. There are so many good guns in MW2 that it just comes down to personal preference. If you run into someone using the Famas in BO, you're already at a disadvantage.

I'm very afraid of the future of COD. Treyarch really fucked up the community with BO. It taught people to hide with Ghost in corners to get killstreaks. This has carried over into MW2 as well. MW2 does have stopping power though, so you don't see too many people doing it. With MW3 they're removing stopping power, so I don't know what to think/expect. Hopefully stacking killstreaks return so that people are less likely to hide in corners and try to get them.[/QUOTE]

I know we've disagreed a lot in prior threads but with your list I'll have to agree with them all.

That's one thing I forgot to mention about Blops vs MW2, the shotguns actually work in MW2. The hit detection is better in MW2 BUT it still takes fuck tons of bullets to kill someone on both MW2 and BO so it's a draw IMO there.

I think what bugged me most going back is the perks, stopping power, commando, etc. and the fact that you are WAYYYYYYYY faster in MW2 than BO even with lightweight.

OK, so since it's the popular thing to do around here I went and spent some time with MW2 this afternoon by myself to refresh my memory.

1. Sniping is BS in MW2. Don't get me started on the quick-scoping and the massive aim-assist.
2. Hit detection is no better than in BlOps. Today in MW2 I walked up to someone and unloaded a shotgun in their back from a gun's length away while we both stood still and they did not die but spun slowly around to shoot their shotgun to my right once and killed me while I reloaded and was no longer where they aimed. Also, I was consistently getting killed after I had rounded a corner and the enemy was shooting my invisible tail. I had sniper kill-cams where the person was off by at least 10 feet consistently either ahead, behind or above me it made no difference. ONCE this afternoon was I killed by a direct sniper shot.
3. My game actually froze for a split second when I called in Airstrikes and a Stealths and even when the other team called in a stealth and an emergency airdrop in one match. Every time a grenade or anything exploded around me the game froze for a split second. I can't say I recall that happening last time I played almost a year ago but it's been a while and it definitely happened consistently today.
4. I got sniped with 2 bullets from across the map in 2 different matches today via someone using a silenced UMP and aim-assist (I couldn't even hardly see my body in the kill-cam but damn if they snapped right to me and just tapped twice to kill)
5. Twice in 1 match today I spawned into an airstrike. I think that has happened to me twice ever in Black Ops.
6. I was clearly reminded of my loathing for Commando when I got knifed from someone in the Poppy field while I was standing in the bunker on Afghan. I was in amazement when it happened because I thought for sure somebody had to have shot me when that guy attempted to knife me but the kill-cam showed him teleport what had to be like 20 feet up-hill and into the bunker.

I'm not saying Black Ops is perfect but I definitely had some complaints about MW2 when I stopped playing it last year and even the slightest tint of rose colored glasses that some people seem to have are completely gone for me. MW2 can still be fun if playing with friends but in my opinion I don't find it better than Black Ops, just different I guess.

I ran into an invisible helicopter last night. I shoot every helo I see and thus one was just not on the map. The sound was hovering around but the icon was off the map. It killed me 3 times. I was pissed.

Today after winning a hardcore TDM, one opponent called me out saying i sucked. I only went 34-5 and got attack dogs twice. Its in my file share in case anyone wants to see it. :D

People are retarded. I got called a camper because I killed a guy a lot in buildings. While I was using the Stakeout.

Treyarch should improve the Stakeout's range so I can shoot people across the map, like his FAMAS.

was the G11 nerfed? something is off about my recent play.. everyone seems to have the jump on me and it's taking 2-3 bursts to kill someone.

Whoever said there was no Ultimate weapon in MW2 was mistaken as I was consistently killing people with a single burst last night when I used the FAMAS just like I remembered. Good God but the quick scoping and noob-tube douches were out in full force.

[quote name='woodcan']Whoever said there was no Ultimate weapon in MW2 was mistaken as I was consistently killing people with a single burst last night when I used the FAMAS just like I remembered. Good God but the quick scoping and noob-tube douches were out in full force.[/QUOTE]

I said it. The Famas is probably up there as the best weapon in the game, but nearly every assault rifle can hang with it. Up close or unless you have perfect accuracy an automatic rifle like the Scar/Tar/AK or SMG will take you out quick. It is nowhere near as bad as BO.

been watching these guys on youtube. The Hidden Masters make BLOPS just look silly.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5AnesoaQ1c&feature=channel_video_title[/media]

[quote name='integralsmatic']been watching these guys on youtube. The Hidden Masters make BLOPS just look silly.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5AnesoaQ1c&feature=channel_video_title[/media][/QUOTE]

Only reason this likely wouldn't work in MW2 is because everybody knows the hiding places on those maps because of boosters.

Wow, went back to this game tonight after like a month and it's unplayable garbage. Ghost silenced famas every single game. Nothing but people hiding in corners.

Gamestop trade-in deal ends tomorrow, guess this is my last day with the game. I'll get 45 bucks for the thing, I might as well go for it. I had fun with it while it lasted, recently I've just been having more fun with MW2.

On to Battlefield 3/MW3.

Trashed on some people in FFA today with the Olympia. I love the people that say it takes "no skill" to do well with a shotgun, because it makes it all the more sweet when I blast them in the face.

I honestly think the Olympia might be my new favorite gun. It's so satisfying when you get a kill with it.

I should be able to hit 9th prestige tomorrow, finally unlocking the last custom class. Still not sure if it's worth going farther than that since the only thing I want now is the golden camo at 14th, and that'll take a while.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Gamestop trade-in deal ends tomorrow, guess this is my last day with the game. I'll get 45 bucks for the thing, I might as well go for it.[/QUOTE]

Where did you see $45? From the latest reported value in the CAG thread it's $25 + 60% w/ PUR = $40. I was going to trade in my 2nd copy at GS today so I can report back at least with today's value.

Whats wrong with the match making for zombies? Every time i try to get a zombie "call of the dead" game going, it will find some people, then migrate host, then lobby closed. Its done this like 10 times in a row. Also i cant even try to play this solo. I try to play solo private game, and it says i need 1 non local player to join. :(

[quote name='The 7th Number']Whats wrong with the match making for zombies? Every time i try to get a zombie "call of the dead" game going, it will find some people, then migrate host, then lobby closed. Its done this like 10 times in a row. Also i cant even try to play this solo. I try to play solo private game, and it says i need 1 non local player to join. :([/QUOTE]

There's a different option on the main menu to play solo zombies.

The other problem, I have no idea.

Different developers. They only share a publisher. They did say that CoDElite will be beta testing with Black Ops. That might be the source of your confusion.

[quote name='Ziv']Different developers. They only share a publisher. They did say that CoDElite will be beta testing with Black Ops. That might be the source of your confusion.[/QUOTE]

No I didn't say I was confused and I'm aware of the different devs, I remember reading someone posted a rumor that black ops gets you into a MW3 beta, I'm aware of the Elite beta.

Guess that's what I get tho for reading both CAG and GameFAQs

[quote name='Ziv']Different developers. They only share a publisher. They did say that CoDElite will be beta testing with Black Ops. That might be the source of your confusion.[/QUOTE]

I doubt CoDElite will be much to get exciting about, but at least I will be able to try it out before NOT buying it for MW3. :rofl:

bread's done
Back