Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox 360 $13.49 Target instore YMMV

stickyfeet

CAGiversary!
In store you have to price match Target.com for 32.49 then preorder a video game for a 1.00. The preorder gives you a $20.00 discount this week. Total out the door was $13.49 plus tax.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with it being on Slick Deals is those people have no self control. If there are 12 copies of the games on the shelf they are are going to get all 12 copies. But than they are going to do that at each store in there area also.

The problem with it being on Slick Deals is those people have no self control. If there are 12 copies of the games on the shelf they are are going to get all 12 copies. But than they are going to do that at each store in there area also.
completely agree mostly resellers there and the funny thing is there starting to be quite a few people from cag posting over there lately. Nothing against being part both community but if It game related post it strictly here and if it non game related post it slickdeals. If someone is truely a bargain hunter they would check both sites and if it not worth there time to do so then the deals aren't worth it enough obviously and I have noticed more people lately talking about return fraud and generating random coupon codes and more lately since the $60 gcu promo last week which I'm guessing brought some the worst of slickdeals over here

Let's not pretend no one here does that...

And I've barely see people picking up that much on either site. People just like blaming another place for them missing out on a deal. Be quicker and smarter and you won't have that problem.

God damn it it's so hot outside. Going to stay home, blow some AC and play some games.

Good luck on the hunt fellow CAGs.

True that. Then the stores pull all the pre-order cards and you can't get a legitimate discount, so any reserve discount becomes YMMV.

True that. Then the stores pull all the pre-order cards and you can't get a legitimate discount, so any reserve discount becomes YMMV.
same thing with amazon cards at meijers and oh yea who is that got themselves into news articles cause they were so greedy and hack into radio shack promotion site stealing thousands of Netflix codes from legitimate buyers of those codes forcing those legitimate buyers to wait a extra week cause of their greed and selling those hack codes on ebay was that cag? Mmm nope it was "SLICKDEALS" cag has never once stooped that low point proven

.So for this deal to work for me, i have to price match and then reserve a game for $1, right? 

What do i show them ? i have never priced matched before. Can someone help me out here? 

.So for this deal to work for me, i have to price match and then reserve a game for $1, right?

What do i show them ? i have never priced matched before. Can someone help me out here?
What i did was grabbed a preorder card, you pay 1 dollar for that, i grabbed lego hobbit, and then you tell them you want to pricematch the game from target.com. and then you want to use the ad, to get the 20 bucks off that. worked for me. got ghosts and ac4

What i did was grabbed a preorder card, you pay 1 dollar for that, i grabbed lego hobbit, and then you tell them you want to pricematch the game from target.com. and then you want to use the ad, to get the 20 bucks off that. worked for me. got ghosts and ac4
Thank you. I'm going to try your method out

Thanks again.

Let's not pretend no one here does that...

And I've barely see people picking up that much on either site. People just like blaming another place for them missing out on a deal. Be quicker and smarter and you won't have that problem.
You're completely right. Slickdeals has no shame in admitting that they do things like that, but that doesn't mean people on CAG don't do it too. They just won't tell you about it because it is frowned upon by the vocal regulars here. There are plenty of unregistered guests and members that never post who view these threads. There is someone right now viewing this thread who has been a member since 2003 with literally 0 active posts. Lets not act like we know what these people do with the information given here.

You're completely right. Slickdeals has no shame in admitting that they do things like that, but that doesn't mean people on CAG don't do it too. They just won't tell you about it because it is frowned upon by the vocal regulars here. There are plenty of unregistered guests and members that never post who view these threads. There is someone right now viewing this thread who has been a member since 2003 with literally 0 active posts. Lets not act like we know what these people do with the information given here.
I just can't frown enough anymore. This site has killed my facial muscles.

Is this really okay? Some people in this topic said that price-matching and getting the $20 off was not allowed by Target. I don't want to get in trouble with the managers at Target. Anybody tried this yet? I sure would love to get Call of Duty: Ghosts for $14. What a crazy deal. Cheapassgamer has information on such amazing deals. I sure have been missing out for quite a while.

Feel like I barely got this one.  The $20 discount with my pre-order card didn't show up after pricematching COD Ghosts.  Nobody in the store had heard of the deal and we didn't see it in the stack of ads at customer service.  I think the manager just did it because she thought I was cute.  Walked out with last copy of XBOX 360 COD Ghosts for $14!

Feel like I barely got this one. The $20 discount with my pre-order card didn't show up after pricematching COD Ghosts. Nobody in the store had heard of the deal and we didn't see it in the stack of ads at customer service. I think the manager just did it because she thought I was cute. Walked out with last copy of XBOX 360 COD Ghosts for $14!
lol

I think the manager just did it because she thought I was cute.
Yes, the only reason why a girl does anything for a guy is because they want to get on that D.

Same reason why a guy is ever nice to a girl.

Humans are very simple indeed.

I went ahead and got a copy for the backlog.  My fiance had to get a few things, so we bookended the transaction, PMing the game first via TRU (29.99), having them ring up her stuff and then scan the reserve card last.  I'm actually surprised it didn't raise any eyebrows since the total cost was still below the PM price for the game, if only by a few dollars.

I went with the cartwheel and CoD Ghost last week when it was available. I walked into my local target and waited while the guy ahead of me was talking with the electronics guy. After he was done he walked away. I asked the electronics guy for a copy of cod for Xbone. Said that guy before me just got the last 8 copies. On both the the Xbone and PS4. I talked with the target guy and he didn't like that the guy was buying all of them at once. I had to wait for the guy to come back, with a hand full of stuff to buy at the back register just to ask him if I could get one. He looked at me and I asked if he was at CAG or SD. He got real defensive and said I could have one. But he couldn't get it working at first. Had to go up front to even try it. I just talked with the electronics guy and told him the truth of what I wanted to do. He was happy to do it and said as long as it worked it was all good with him. He then started talking with someone on his mic. I saw the guy talking with a few people at the service desk as I was leaving.

Just goes to show, some people will exploit a system even to the extent of making a mess of things for legit buyers.

Is this really okay? Some people in this topic said that price-matching and getting the $20 off was not allowed by Target. I don't want to get in trouble with the managers at Target. Anybody tried this yet? I sure would love to get Call of Duty: Ghosts for $14. What a crazy deal. Cheapassgamer has information on such amazing deals. I sure have been missing out for quite a while.
I contacted Target Corporation and was told specifically that yes, they can price match and do the promotion (preorder deal). This was after my local store told me they couldn't do it. Corporate said specifically that anytime there is a price match and a promotion on the same item, that they will honor it. There is nothing in the price match policy that states that it does not stack with promotions, nor was there any such wording for the preorder promotion. That isn't to say that they won't change it next time, though.

Oh and last edit, the gentleman that originally told me his manager said no saw what I had in my hand and immediately went over to the phone and call the manager. So obviously they had dealt with this before.

I went back in, told them what corporate said and then went ahead and did the sale as if they already knew they could and just didn't want too. Picked up a copy of AC4 PS4 and COD:G for $10.99 and $13.49 respecitively after PM'ing to Amazon and their web store.

I contacted Target Corporation and was told specifically that yes, they can price match and do the promotion (preorder deal). This was after my local store told me they couldn't do it. Corporate said specifically that anytime there is a price match and a promotion on the same item, that they will honor it. There is nothing in the price match policy that states that it does not stack with promotions, nor was there any such wording for the preorder promotion. That isn't to say that they won't change it next time, though.

I went back in, told them what corporate said and then went ahead and did the sale as if they already knew they could and just didn't want too. Picked up a copy of AC4 PS4 and COD:G for $10.99 and $13.49 respecitively after PM'ing to Amazon and their web store.
You kidding about the policy right? It in black and right and read the first line of it
Item exclusions:

Items part of movie/game reservation card promotion.
Non-branded items (e.g., produce not marketed under a specific brand name).
Product services (warranties, assembly, etc.).
Target Portrait Studio, Optical and Clinic offers.
Contract cell phone plans and devices.
Items out of stock at a Target store at the time the price match is requested will not be issued a rain check.
Target team member discounts may not be used with online competitor price match.

https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/shop-with-confidence#q5391

Actually it does state in there policy they don't they updated the policy not long ago and it exclude these games from price match for the week:
Item exclusions:

Items part of movie/game reservation card promotion.
Non-branded items (e.g., produce not marketed under a specific brand name).
Product services (warranties, assembly, etc.).
Target Portrait Studio, Optical and Clinic offers.
Contract cell phone plans and devices.
Items out of stock at a Target store at the time the price match is requested will not be issued a rain check.
Target team member discounts may not be used with online competitor price match.
This is in reference to their price match policy to other stores. Meaning that if Best Buy was running the same promotion, they would not match it at Target, NOT that they do not stack with their own promotions.

So no, I am not kidding. Again this information came from their corporate, non 800 number, after the lady spoke to a supervisor on the policy.

Are there any good pricematchs out there for ps4 games right now? I would like to get a Ps4 version of a game for this deal like black flag or something

Picked up both version Assassin's Creed for PS3/360.  Under $24 after taxes ;)  May come back tomorrow & pick up COD: Ghost for 360 :)

I went in today to pick up COD, took it to CS, and told him I was going to PM it and he scanned the game then said this game comes with a $20 GC so we cant PM it. Never even showed him the pre-order card.

I went in today to pick up COD, took it to CS, and told him I was going to PM it and he scanned the game then said this game comes with a $20 GC so we cant PM it. Never even showed him the pre-order card.
You should have said it's not a gift card and it comes off the final price. Than show them their ad that shows (on the same page) that you can price match and get $20 off. I usually don't give up so easily unless they show me themselves that their policy doesn't allow it (which technically it does and it doesn't... it's up to the store to allow it).

You should have said it's not a gift card and it comes off the final price. Than show them their ad that shows (on the same page) that you can price match and get $20 off. I usually don't give up so easily unless they show me themselves that their policy doesn't allow it (which technically it does and it doesn't... it's up to the store to allow it).
I was in a rush. Im going back tomorrow when the CS person I know is working.

If you can get $20 for pre-ordering, why waste it on Ghosts?
Because you can get ghosts for cheap along with Assassins creed black flag and 3ds lego movie. Ive personally bought, played, and traded this game 12 times with all the promotions to trade it in. Ive bought copies to keep but then everytime ended up trading them because I got more than I paid for them.

I found the steelbook w/game from the 360 Hardened Edition at a pawnshop for $7 last week and picked it up.  This makes me happy because I hate going in stores and trying this stuff.  But I might if I can get Assassin's Creed 4 for ~$11 or so.

That's if greedy bastards haven't ruined this deal around here yet.

The person on the phone and in store both told me that Target and Target.com are not the same store so you cannot get a Target store promo while price matching a Target.com price.

The person on the phone and in store both told me that Target and Target.com are not the same store so you cannot get a Target store promo while price matching a Target.com price.
Yet hundreds of people have gotten this with little to no effort and no register system overides except the intial price match. The $20.00 is automatic. The register does it for the employee after they scan the preorder. The only thing that stops you from getting this is an employee not wanting to do it because of the new policy.Yes the policy now states that they arent suppose to pricematch then discount a bundle, but the system still allows it.

Was able to PM both Ghosts & AC4 to Amazon with no issue at all. Sales associate in electronics even did the PM for me showing it from my phone.

$13.49 & 10.99 respectively.

Yet hundreds of people have gotten this with little to no effort and no register system overides except the intial price match. The $20.00 is automatic. The register does it for the employee after they scan the preorder. The only thing that stops you from getting this is an employee not wanting to do it because of the new policy.Yes the policy now states that they arent suppose to pricematch then discount a bundle, but the system still allows it.
Again, the policy does NOT state that. There is no place in their policy that states that price matches do not stack with promos. None. Zero. And again, this is from corporate. There is zero reason why they cannot do this, other than they don't want to. Also, target does price match target online, so that person who told whomever they were different stores just didn't want to do the sale.

Had considered but didn't want to push my luck too far since it was being done by sales associate in electronics and not front end CS associate.

I used Redcard too so got an extra 5% off.
I PMed Ghosts (Toysrus.com) and AC4 (Amazon.com) in the Electronics department with no issues whatsoever--the employee looked up the prices on his smartphone and approved of the prices then and there (so I assume he was a manager?). Toysrus.com is one of the online retailers in the PM policy, so you shouldn't have had any issues.

Has anybody tried or confirmed yet that the $20 discount with $1.00 pre-order will not work on the XB1/PS4 versions? I only ask because it works fine with the Lego Movie game on the 3DS and that version was not listed for the promo in the ad if I remember correctly.

Again, the policy does NOT state that. There is no place in their policy that states that price matches do not stack with promos. None. Zero. And again, this is from corporate. There is zero reason why they cannot do this, other than they don't want to. Also, target does price match target online, so that person who told whomever they were different stores just didn't want to do the sale.
None? Zero? Are you sure?

https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/our-low-price-promise#q5391

Item exclusions:

• Items part of movie/game reservation card promotion.
  • Non-branded items (e.g., produce not marketed under a specific brand name).
  • Product services (warranties, assembly, etc.).
  • Target Portrait Studio, Optical and Clinic offers.
  • Contract cell phone plans and devices.
  • Items out of stock at a Target store at the time the price match is requested will not be issued a rain check.
  • Target team member discounts may not be used with online competitor price match.

None? Zero? Are you sure?

https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/our-low-price-promise#q5391

Item exclusions:

• Items part of movie/game reservation card promotion.
  • Non-branded items (e.g., produce not marketed under a specific brand name).
  • Product services (warranties, assembly, etc.).
  • Target Portrait Studio, Optical and Clinic offers.
  • Contract cell phone plans and devices.
  • Items out of stock at a Target store at the time the price match is requested will not be issued a rain check.
  • Target team member discounts may not be used with online competitor price match.
Hasn't it already been discussed that it means if the deal you're trying to match at another store has some kind of reservation card?

Besides at the end of the day what it says in the policy amounts to nothing if it goes through at the register.

bread's done
Back