Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox 360 $13.49 Target instore YMMV

stickyfeet

CAGiversary!
In store you have to price match Target.com for 32.49 then preorder a video game for a 1.00. The preorder gives you a $20.00 discount this week. Total out the door was $13.49 plus tax.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I'm sure. Again, that says they will not price match another retailers preorder promo. Nowhere dos it state that they dont stack.
You are not price matching another stores preorder promo, just their price and then using TARGETS promo for preordering.

Here's a grand concept for those fretting about trying.

Worst they can tell you is "no" and you walk out empty handed.

It's not a huge risk.  You won't get blacklisted from Target.  Cops will not show up to your house.  CIA is not going to track you for life.

If it works, it works.  If it doesn't, it doesn't. 

Now the debate. Is Ghosts worth $13 and some change?
If you can turn your brain off for 4 or 5 hours the campaign is somewhat enjoyable, but it's nothing great or at all original. Similarly, multiplayer is pretty much the same as ever, but now with a kitchen sink approach of more perks, guns, and attatchments than ever. Be warned that the worst map design in the series. Maps are far too large and encourage camping. The netcode is as bad as MW3. You will often find yourself getting shot by players as they turn a corner. If you have a few friends to play extinction with, it's a lot of fun. It has a progression and unlock system and the aliens are more fun to fight than zombies. Unfortunately there is only one map.

Grabbed Assassin's Creed IV, CoD and two Smash Bros. preorder cards for 23.18 after price match.

The confused cashier called over the manager, who called someone else over. He said "If the system let it go through, I'm okay with it". It really depends on the manager's viewpoint, I suppose.

I have CoD for 360, anyone willing to trade for a PS3 copy? I won't mind unsealed, it's just that my store was out of stock.

Hasn't it already been discussed that it means if the deal you're trying to match at another store has some kind of reservation card?

Besides at the end of the day what it says in the policy amounts to nothing if it goes through at the register.
I believe that is actually just showing what items that target sells are excluded from price matching. Since that item they sell is part of their own reservation promo it would be excluded from being price matched. Well that's the way I'm reading it anyway.

I believe that is actually just showing what items that target sells are excluded from price matching. Since that item they sell is part of their own reservation promo it would be excluded from being price matched. Well that's the way I'm reading it anyway.
it is how it is supposed to be

No luck on COD: Ghost on 360.  End up Picked up both version Assassins Creed: BF Target Exclusive (PS3/360) under $24 after taxes.  Target online & Target store is OK.  But another Store & $1 Reservation is Not GO.

it is how it is supposed to be
No, for the last time, its not. It is saying they won't price match other store reserve promos. Same as many stores won't price match buy something get a gift card, or buy something get a % off.

Nowhere in their policy does it state that price matching and Target promos do not stack.

I'm really not understanding when Target corporate says that it is ok and not an exclusion of policy, that you still can't grasp this.

I actually had the manager at one store call corporate (he wanted to make sure he can do the deal) and they said yes he can. They did limit me to 1 of each game though.

I had no problem this morning at the Target in Kenosha, WI.  Picked up COD Ghosts and AC4 for xbox 360.  Thanks OP!  If anyone is having trouble getting this deal, PM me and I'll see what I can do for ya.  

I ended up getting the Ghosts 360/X1 combo on clearance for $34.98. With some luck a copy will survive till the next markdown and I can get it adjusted. 

For whatever reason, I've now purchased Ghosts 5 times (once as a gift). The trade in value keeps holding, and they keep having sales. Buy/play/flip. Its a little silly. Sadly the combo is digital so now I'm committed. 

I got Ghosts & Black Flag(PS3) for less than $30 today. Quakertown, PA

They had a heck of a time finding the right price online despite me having both pages up on my phone. Handed reserves last and the look on her face was complete shock. She called her immediate supervisor up and I explained why the system accepted it(because Target .com) and they prodeeded.

Last copy of Black Flag for PS3.

They have three copies of Ghosts for x1 marked to $44.xx.

I dont like call of duty (Dont get mad) but my sister loves it might have to grab this for her birthday in may, since she still is playing MW3 :D

I dont like call of duty (Dont get mad) but my sister loves it might have to grab this for her birthday in may, since she still is playing MW3 :D

Most painless thing I did today, price matched AC4 and got Lego 3ds for like $23, was in and out in 5 minutes.
Damn, I forgot about Lego 3DS. I did end up getting COD Ghosts today. I think it was painless only because I bought other stuff to mask the price. I could be wrong, but I think it helped because the customer service lady ringing me up turned me down back during the Skylanders Swap Force deal. It was pretty much the same deal.

You can price match Ghost with the TRU price and it will only cost $10.99 and yes you can still get the upgrade for PS4 until the 31st of this month. I grabbed AC4 and Ghost yesterday for $10.99 each with out a problem.

Did some quick searches and found xbox 360 and ps3 verison on TRU for 29.99 so after everything 10.99 plus tax :D/

You can price match Ghost with the TRU price and it will only cost $10.99 and yes you can still get the upgrade for PS4 until the 31st of this month. I grabbed AC4 and Ghost yesterday for $10.99 each with out a problem.
Yeah, I posted this a few pages back. PM Ghosts to TRU and Black Flag to Amazon.

So is the $20 off preorder discount automatic or do they have to enter something? Might do this tomorrow when I go on a clearance run, but don't want it to be a big hassle.

Anyone know if the PS4 digital upgrade for AC4 is still valid?  The date on the AC4 sticker is 1/31, but the sticker on Ghosts is 3/31.

Thanks!

Just did the toys r us price match, PS3 ghosts for $10, (returned the $1 card right after lol)

Will go home later and upgrade to the digital PS4 version later, $20 for digital COD is as good a deal as you're ever going to get for it

Already got Ghosts :360: for $20 pricematching Newegg at BBY :/

BUT Will try to hop on this for Black Flag $10 sounds right. I almost got it for Deal of the day at BBY for $24.99 + GCU.

I wonder if anyone was able to save an extra $20 that day at Target matching BBY getting the game for $5.xx?

I was only able to successfully price match and get the "Save $20 with pre order" once when I got Dead Space 3 for $10 shortly after it launched. I tried to get the $1 Tomb raider but the guy was all like "Wait a second...." and asked a sup who denied it. When I got Dead Space 3 the guy was all like "Wow, that's cool. Hey if the register takes it off automatically and lets me do it I don't care!" Then proceeded to compliment the deal to a co-worker after I was walking away. In retrospect when trying to get Tomb Raider I should have just PM'd the game and pre-ordered the game and let it package. They can't raise the price on it can they?

If I wanted 10 copies of Ghosts would I need to buy 10 preorder cards or just one?

I did it no problem here in Owensboro, KY also, me and my friend booya42301 was the only ones as of this day at our target to do it as I was in there yesterday talking to one of the associates who helped me and my friend out.  Seems as if this city doesnt know anything about the deals.

I keep seeing peopel ask if it works for xbone as in. it states $59.99 on the target website, other sites im not sure but unless you all are referring to making the xbone price be the 360 price.  I dont think it will work but if anybody has tried, feel free to chime in.

Unless your other alternative, which Im sure it will work, is to buy ghosts or black flag, walk out,  then take game to Walmart or something return it without receipt, get a store credit of the MSRP Price $59.99 on a store card and then you can get Xbone or PS4 copy. Would that be right or wrong?

Regardless I got my copys of ghosts and black flag a few days ago, plan to keep them since i collect games, I never get rid of them.

I did it no problem here in Owensboro, KY also, me and my friend booya42301 was the only ones as of this day at our target to do it as I was in there yesterday talking to one of the associates who helped me and my friend out. Seems as if this city doesnt know anything about the deals.

I keep seeing peopel ask if it works for xbone as in. it states $59.99 on the target website, other sites im not sure but unless you all are referring to making the xbone price be the 360 price. I dont think it will work but if anybody has tried, feel free to chime in.

Unless your other alternative, which Im sure it will work, is to buy ghosts or black flag, walk out, then take game to Walmart or something return it without receipt, get a store credit of the MSRP Price $59.99 on a store card and then you can get Xbone or PS4 copy. Would that be right or wrong?

Regardless I got my copys of ghosts and black flag a few days ago, plan to keep them since i collect games, I never get rid of them.
Slickdeals has strategies for you to do that, not here :shame:

Not looking for strategies, it was a point that was brought to attention as for me, im not doing that.

Slickdeals has strategies for you to do that, not here :shame:
Also you got that from another topic about ordering 10 copies of ghosts, seems as if you are copying other peoples responses. I believe gottadeal.com has strategies for you besides SD also. =D

Also you got that from another topic about ordering 10 copies of ghosts, seems as if you are copying other peoples responses. I believe gottadeal.com has strategies for you besides SD also. =D
Just joking Francis. Get the stick outta your ass

bread's done
Back