Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox 360 $13.49 Target instore YMMV

stickyfeet

CAGiversary!
In store you have to price match Target.com for 32.49 then preorder a video game for a 1.00. The preorder gives you a $20.00 discount this week. Total out the door was $13.49 plus tax.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my AC4 Black flag for 360 for $10. :)

Asked for the game, asked for the PM, got a couple items on my food stamp card (6 Mio liquid water enhancers that qualified for a free $5 gift card for each 3 purchased) and then he said my total I then told him I wanted to pre-order "this" and handed him a card for Destiny for 360.

I watched the numbers on the register drop $20 once it was scanned and I was ecstatic. Thanks for the heads up OP. Got Black flag for $10 and a essentially free $10 gift card :)

Asked for the game, asked for the PM, got a couple items on my food stamp card (6 Mio liquid water enhancers that qualified for a free $5 gift card for each 3 purchased) and then he said my total I then told him I wanted to pre-order "this" and handed him a card for Destiny for 360.

I watched the numbers on the register drop $20 once it was scanned and I was ecstatic. Thanks for the heads up OP. Got Black flag for $10 and a essentially free $10 gift card :)
So why exactly do you have a food stamp card then?

Liquid water enhancers are not essential to life and neither are video games.

People like you are the reason people like me are constantly pissed off about how our country regulates those benefit programs.

Also those returning the preorder card.....just because cheapass is in the name doesn't mean you have to be THAT cheap. Consider the cost of gas for you to go and crank up your vehicle. Surely not worth $1.

People like you are the reason people like me are constantly pissed off about how our country regulates those benefit programs.

Also those returning the preorder card.....just because cheapass is in the name doesn't mean you have to be THAT cheap. Consider the cost of gas for you to go and crank up your vehicle. Surely not worth $1.
You don't even get the dollar. The refund adjusts for the package discount. My receipt shows a refund amount of .35 for the reservation card.

people like you who worry about what strangers online do are whats wrong with this country :p. besides as i say take whats given to you and make the most out of it !

you got use that ebt card to its full potential.

I was shot down on this at my Target, lady said it was either the PM or the $20 off but not both since "some guy bought two Tomb Raiders for $1 last summer with this and we got in trouble for it."  I tried to hide my discomfort since that guy was me :(

Worked earlier at the Target nearby me with :360: Ghosts. Gonna see if i can snag 2 more copies to play with buddies online. If they don't want to honor it then time for action calls  :twoguns: loljk

I was shot down on this at my Target, lady said it was either the PM or the $20 off but not both since "some guy bought two Tomb Raiders for $1 last summer with this and we got in trouble for it." I tried to hide my discomfort since that guy was me :(
thats bogus as the system allows it. try a differint target or go when theres a differint crew around

I was shot down on this at my Target, lady said it was either the PM or the $20 off but not both since "some guy bought two Tomb Raiders for $1 last summer with this and we got in trouble for it." I tried to hide my discomfort since that guy was me :(
On the bright side, you are now famous. Not GameStop famous, but Target famous.

Well, I have a house FULL of food because the card gets filled every month, my girlfriend also receives benefits that almost double mine because we have a son and mine are expiring this month anyway. So if I can get free gift cards out of it whatever.

TELL me your registered on CAG forums and that you would say no to FREE

Cards like that aren't "free" - the money for it comes from somewhere - money that our government doesn't have since in case you haven't noticed we're $17 trillion dollars in debt and it's going to burst sometime soon. Getting recreational video games for cheap is different than mooching off the system. In the end we will all pay for your abuse. Enjoy your crab legs and other excesses that we're all providing for you.

Well, I have a house FULL of food because the card gets filled every month, my girlfriend also receives benefits that almost double mine because we have a son and mine are expiring this month anyway. So if I can get free gift cards out of it whatever.

Just because you CAN does not always mean you SHOULD.

You must realize that money comes from somewhere. It's called taxpayers such as myself who see a portion of our paycheck removed for services we don't participate in and never will reap the benefits of (FICA/medicare/aid). I'm 23. I have a part time job. I make enough money to cover my expenses and still have money left for things I want. I could technically qualify for assistance but I refuse to because I have self respect and was raised better than that to accept a handout when I don't need it.

Clearly you do not need those benefits if you can 'afford' to buy glorified koolaid liquid with it. You do realize there are people who genuinely need that money put on their card just to SURVIVE? You admit to having a house "full" of food yet still take the handout.

It's called have some self respect and get a job and quit mooching off the government. The government is NOT your baby's daddy you are. I have ZERO respect for people like you who flaunt and advertise they get government assistance. It's not something to be proud of. Majority of people try to hide their card when using it out of shame that they actually NEED help.

Cards like that aren't "free" - the money for it comes from somewhere - money that our government doesn't have since in case you haven't noticed we're $17 trillion dollars in debt and it's going to burst sometime soon. Getting recreational video games for cheap is different than mooching off the system. In the end we will all pay for your abuse. Enjoy your crab legs and other excesses that we're all providing for you.
This. We all pay taxes so how about you stop flaunting your bullshit purchases.

I sure as hell would say no if it was the taxpayers footing the bill. But then again I'm not a leech trying to suck the country dry.

It does burn me up when I read stories like this while other people I know are only avoiding starvation thanks to donations from the church and local charities. To say nothing of my own taxes being so damn high.

So it's hardly free. I'm the one paying for it. And even worse you are taking from people who need the assistance far more than you. Jackass.

Last edited:

Just because you CAN does not always mean you SHOULD.

You must realize that money comes from somewhere. It's called taxpayers such as myself who see a portion of our paycheck removed for services we don't participate in and never will reap the benefits of (FICA/medicare/aid). I'm 23. I have a part time job. I make enough money to cover my expenses and still have money left for things I want. I could technically qualify for assistance but I refuse to because I have self respect and was raised better than that to accept a handout when I don't need it.

Clearly you do not need those benefits if you can 'afford' to buy glorified koolaid liquid with it. You do realize there are people who genuinely need that money put on their card just to SURVIVE? You admit to having a house "full" of food yet still take the handout.

It's called have some self respect and get a job and quit mooching off the government. The government is NOT your baby's daddy you are. I have ZERO respect for people like you who flaunt and advertise they get government assistance. It's not something to be proud of. Majority of people try to hide their card when using it out of shame that they actually NEED help.

I sure as hell would say no if it was the taxpayers footing the bill. But then again I'm not a leech trying to suck the country dry.

It does burn me up when I read stories like this while other people I know are only avoiding starvation thanks to donations from the church and local charities. To say nothing of my own taxes being so damn high.

So it's hardly free. I'm the one paying for it. And even worse you are taking from people who need the assistance far more than you. Jackass.
Nice social commentaries. What are you gonna do about it? Nothing. So just shut up.

Nice social commentaries. What are you gonna do about it? Nothing. So just shut up.
I love how people come to forums then bitch when others express contradictory thoughts/opinions. The irony and hypocrisy is palpable.

lighten up people lol. who cares what he does, its his life. now lets get back to gaming instead of arguing about the right way to use those obama stamps :D
Wut? Under Obama, food stamps got cut back, not by his own doing though. Last year, we had to get some assistance (with my business dropping off and fiance's hours cut back), and us with two kids were getting $120/mo. With no change in income/housing/etc, it was cut to $60/mo... for a family of four.

Fortunately, it was only a temporary situation, but I couldn't imagine having to feed your family off of $60/mo.

Also, when we received our card, they actually encouraged using coupons, shopping at places that offer rewards/freebies (gas discounts, etc). It's smart shopping, although I agree that Mio is a foolish thing to spend it on.

lighten up people lol. who cares what he does, its his life. now lets get back to gaming instead of arguing about the right way to use those obama stamps :D
I think you miss the point that this does affect us because we pay for it via taxes. While not the right forum to discuss these things, he's the one who brought it up and further inflamed the situation by bragging about his house full of food when others are going without.

Well the government should help everybody out. If it can't then maybe there shouldn't be a government and just have anarchy instead. Either way works for me.

Well I use it enough to buy actual food for myself and family so what if I wanna use $24 of it to get free gift cards. That's my problem. It helps me a lot I probably wouldn't be able to pay rent for as long as I have working part time with super variable hours. I honestly couldn't make it with my ebt card.

And unless any of you complaining about it actually live in Michigan I don't want to hear about your tax money.

It's funny that food stamps are being discussed in a Target thread because Target refers and helps new employees sign up for government benefits (including food stamps and rent assistance) because of the low wages they pay.   Target is really subsidizing their wages with taxpayer money to make profits.  This is a common practice in the retail and restaurant industries.   Sure food stamp abuse happens but that is hardly the problem in the system.  From studies I read retail costs would rise about 3% (I pay 5.5% sales tax) to completely pay for it if the minimum wage was raised to $12.  Seems pretty affordable to me considering the profits these businesses generate.  Someone working full-time earning $12 and full time does not qualify for food stamps which saves the taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars.    So yeah, someone spending a little food stamp money on non-essential items is the problem.....

Back to the subject of the thread:  Just scored AC Black Flag!

Well I use it enough to buy actual food for myself and family so what if I wanna use $24 of it to get free gift cards. That's my problem. It helps me a lot I probably wouldn't be able to pay rent for as long as I have working part time with super variable hours. I honestly couldn't make it with my ebt card.

And unless any of you complaining about it actually live in Michigan I don't want to hear about your tax money.
........... :wall: :wall: :wall:

Did I miss the memo where Michigan became it's own country or are you trying to make some sort of joke?

I'm not breaking any laws or terms of use with my ebt card so I really don't get what everyone is so offended for.

If I wasn't supposed to buy it as a food item I wouldn't be allowed to.

Lots of people sell them for half of face value just to buy Beer, Cigarettes and crack.

At least I'm not that guy.

what are the list of games elegible for this promo besides cod and ass creed ?
Here's the full list from the Target Weekly Ad thread:

Fifa 14 (360/ps3),
GTAV (360/ps3),
COD:ghost (360/ps3),
Lego movie game (ps4/xbone), <--The 3DS version has been confirmed to get $20 off, too, despite it not listed
Nba2k14 (360/ps3),
Assassins Creed Black Flag (360/ps3),
Skylanders Swapforce (Wii)

No, but I wonder what the odds are of it working with the 360/One hybrid digital copy. My Target has them on clearance for $40.
Doesn't work automatically, but I managed to get an additional $20 off by manual adjustment/reduction at CSR bringing it down to $2 total (my store had them on clearance for $20.98)

Got one for PS3 today! I might actually play it instead of trading it into Walmart but I tried to get an ACIV in a separate transaction and it would've worked all until the screen said "call supervisor" or whatever. At that point I dipped. The old lady was nice though

see u fucked it up for every one!!! greedy fuck. now another cag can't take advantage of this deal at that store.

nigga these days.....

Got one for PS3 today! I might actually play it instead of trading it into Walmart but I tried to get an ACIV in a separate transaction and it would've worked all until the screen said "call supervisor" or whatever. At that point I dipped. The old lady was nice though
Its bc ACIV needed manager override since price match was more than a certain amount. Ghost didn't cuz it was 49.99 in store.

see u fucked it up for every one!!! greedy fuck. .....
Dude chill, act like you don't have another target a few miles away...

Had 2 go to 2 stores. First store i asked if it will work with PM and the promo... Bad Idea. Second store I just went took the card with me since the register auto does the deal. Got 2 Ghosts and 1 ACIV 360 for $38. ( no state sales tax)

bread's done
Back